Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2022 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, this was nothing short of a guilty pleasure with the first episode featuring lots and lots of Yume and Mizuto together. For some reason, the first epsiode also decided to to put Yume in a towel because why not.

Seems they wanted to flesh out their relationship chemistry as much as possible at home, school, etc. Oh and that bath scene was awkward as hell.

Jul 2017
From the same studio (Project No. 9) that brought you HigeHiro, here comes the supposedly next "dumpster fire-cum-spiritual successor" of Domestic Girlfriend: novelist Kyousuke Kamishiro's family remarriage, for the two MCs from being ex-lovers to being siblings: Mizuto Irido and Yume Ayai.

DIALOGUE+ once again delivers a good OP song, there's just ain't one that recently misses.

The "Onee-chan" or the "Onii-san" debating their position in the new family, and one can already tell that this "drama" is gonna be so messy, my closest reference being to Masamune-kun no Revenge. Also, the sexual pandering in this feels almost cringe to watch, for the one who confesses loses the game. Even things like who's boss at home, the standards have definitely been warped between the two.

Even in school, both Mizuto and Yume must conceal their true identities, but it doesn't even take long to fly that Yume is already that close to Mizuto from the get-go. Also, their home is where all the raunchy stuff happens (and I remind you, this is between stepsibilings whom were once lovers), and even from the very beginning, it's clear that the relationship of the two will be one full-blown melodrama that even though this is advertised as a rom-com of sorts, it surely doesn't feel that AT ALL.

I at least can accept HigeHiro, but this one...eh, it's smearing the lines of love and incest. I'm already fearing for the worst.
KANLen09Jul 6, 2022 9:57 AM

Feb 2018
Is it normal to walk around the living room wearing a towel, even if your brother is there? Their moments are really cute, I like both of them even though they have to be a bro and sis but yeah... this relationship is very interesting, I've read the manga version and yeah this is just as I expected.

Will their parents find out? I mean Yume is hiding like that, lol.

Jul 6, 2022 5:41 AM

May 2020
Domestic girlfriend didn’t get a sequel and by all means it shouldn’t too. But hey who cares about it when there are so many bootleg versions running around like have a look at this, my stepmom’s daughter is my ex. I guess the title itself explains the ninety percent of the plot lol. Again it was nothing that we haven’t seen one-thousand times already. Also these series of coincidences are way too much even for this medium, like she has to be the ex, she has to be the new step sister, heck they even got the same classes lmao.

And wait they were about to kiss in the end, right? The fuck their parents didn’t arrive a minute early, should’ve caught them red-handed. Just the kind of first episode I was expecting.
Jul 6, 2022 6:03 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly the idea sounds interesting but so far the characters have been trying so hard to dis each other that you can't really tell if they have any good quantities at all which doesn't make them likable.
I thought they would back done eventually and make up at some point but i just hope it won't be over the entire course of the anime else this won't be a good watch.

The parents are trying hard to make a nice family tho which was nice to see but that's what you can expect from a newly wedded couple.
Now the question is how long will it take for their kids to get along.
Jul 6, 2022 6:06 AM
Jul 2021
If you are feeling that the (ex) couple are dissing each other in this first episode, it means that the adaptation (for ep 1) stayed true to the source material. So far so good

Also, the definition of incest seems to be quite controversial and I don’t know why. To me it’s very straightforward: incest is emanated from blood relation, no blood relation no incest. And even with that considered, still, some might see the act of romance between step-siblings to be deviant. But oh well, I personally see no problem with it soo…
DeMarcKJul 6, 2022 6:38 AM
Stonks
Jul 6, 2022 6:08 AM

Jul 2021
Ngl I'm getting a Domestic Girlfriend flashback out of the this though they're nothing alike at all in some case and the incest vibe I'm getting is very strange. Just gonna pretend like they're not brothers and sisters at all, they're just some broken couple who coincidentally stayed at a house together and that relationship introduction was actually pretty cute with the so forth segment, also I thought they were going to kiss at the end, got scammed, hope their parents didn't caught them :S
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 6, 2022 6:37 AM

Jan 2021
Ohhh no I decided to check this out on a whim and I'm getting some PTSD of other shows I didn't like so much, this is going to definitely be a bad one full of despair by the looks of things. Agree with some of the others on here, this feels like a bootleg version of domestic girlfriend with all the obvious tropes hanging around and them seeming to hide from their family too. Not the best start but I'll give it a chance for sure, it has potential to be better then what I downplay it for.

LoreMasterDanJul 6, 2022 6:44 AM
Jul 6, 2022 6:42 AM
Jul 2021
LoreMasterDan said:
Ohhh no I decided to check this out on a whim and I'm getting some PTSD of other shows I didn't like so much, this is going to definitely be a bad one full of despair by the looks of things. Agree with some of the others on here, this feels like a bootleg version of domestic girlfriend with all the obvious tropes hanging around and them seeming tom hide from their family too.

I am thinking that you are having flashback of Domestic Girlfriend. If that’s true, I’d say this is nothing like it. This one is more like exes trying to find out about themselves and have their mindset become more and more matured. It’s quite drama-free as long as I concern, and I’m a LN reader and currently at the final half of vol 6
Stonks
Jul 6, 2022 6:49 AM

Jan 2021
DeMarcK said:
LoreMasterDan said:
Ohhh no I decided to check this out on a whim and I'm getting some PTSD of other shows I didn't like so much, this is going to definitely be a bad one full of despair by the looks of things. Agree with some of the others on here, this feels like a bootleg version of domestic girlfriend with all the obvious tropes hanging around and them seeming tom hide from their family too.

I am thinking that you are having flashback of Domestic Girlfriend. If that’s true, I’d say this is nothing like it. This one is more like exes trying to find out about themselves and have their mindset become more and more matured. It’s quite drama-free as long as I concern, and I’m a LN reader and currently at the final half of vol 6
I ended up checking online for more info and it was different then from I expected, I'll give the LN a read to see more about it though.
Jul 6, 2022 8:10 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread Cleaned

- Please DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or use any single phrase responses. For more details please read here.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Jul 6, 2022 8:28 AM

Apr 2014
HMMMM...... another Kyoto-setting anime.
Both of them were cute, especially when they were teasing each other. Yume with glasses is the best Yume. She should continue wearing it.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 6, 2022 8:51 AM
Jan 2020
Wednesday is unexpectedly pretty stacked, and this is actually pretty interesting. Now if only Yofukashi no Uta also aired this day that would be good ngl.
Jul 6, 2022 9:02 AM
Sep 2015
Carrying a spirit of "who confess first lose game" from Kaguya, but with more erotic touch and less intellectual.
Jul 6, 2022 9:02 AM
Dec 2021
Lol I thought trailer is just sneak peak but didn't believe it's take the whole scene lmaoo...

Anyways I like this Anime, It's my type of Anime you know, I love incest, love story of brother and sister hahah...

10/10
Jul 6, 2022 9:26 AM
Jun 2021
Since I've watched alot serious shows last season, this is perfect for something to remove that seriousness and just watch a trashy dumpster fire rolling mid-air and lands perfectly. JP dub is solid, love their performance especially Kayano-san and Hikada-san.
Jul 6, 2022 9:27 AM

Feb 2020
Oh this is one of those animes that are enjoyable to watch but make me feel guilty watching it. Great. Can't wait to see what it has to offer
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2022 9:30 AM

May 2020
ah hell nah, but it aight

Feb 2007
Well, then. Yume may be technically born 30 minutes earlier, but she's doomed to stay the little sister by virtue of being voiced by the ultimate loli and little sister VA, Hidaka Rina. *nods*

Just one small complaint, though... I mean, we do have the title and the summary, but would it really be that hard to actually explain their previous relationship in the series itself? (But I will forgive them if it's done properly in the next episode.)
Oct 2019
Ahh yes first episode, definitely what I'm expecting from the title.

I'm all the way for the ride.

Jul 2011
I really don't know if I will continue to watch just for the sake of making innuendo jokes.

I wonder how long until a "stepbro im stuck" joke.
Jul 6, 2022 9:33 AM

Oct 2017
After thinking for a while whether I'll watch this or not here I am watching this show. I have nothing against the setting but hope they end up together.
Jul 6, 2022 9:33 AM
May 2021
I really liked the first episode 😂😂. Art style + dialogues are really good. And those seggsy moments 😂😂
Jul 6, 2022 9:47 AM
Oct 2021
ill say it out loud i was looking forward to this shit for months and the first episode was pretty freaking good. i love the whole sibling attitude between mizuto and yume and the part where he was about to do something to her and their parents came in so she had to hide under the sofa was pretty funny. the ed was good and looking forward to the next episodes. waku waku 5/5
Jul 6, 2022 9:54 AM
Mar 2021
Syureria said:
Is it normal to walk around the living room wearing a towel, even if your brother is there? Their moments are really cute, I like both of them even though they have to be a bro and sis but yeah... this relationship is very interesting, I've read the manga version and yeah this is just as I expected.

Will their parents find out? I mean Yume is hiding like that, lol.

Yes? I seen my sisters in a towel a bunch of times. It's weird in this situation though because they'd both willing being intimate with each other.
Jul 6, 2022 10:09 AM
Aug 2010
ngl, it aint AS bad AS majority is whining, seems 2 b yet another case when majority is a herd of animals following ones opinion

as for animation quality - studio is steadily climbing up the quality - animation is solid, drawing details r quite neat actually, studio is starting to have their own characteristic behaviours in character design - since Yume resembles Sayu from Higehiro visually

as for storytelling quality - pacing is steady, not sure whether accurate to manga/ln, but so far seems almost logical, sort of interesting where this is going 2 advance - there r 2 many directions as of rn 4 this story 2 go, therefore a solid watch in this season

p.s. thank god both mcs aint behaving like degenerates like in kanojo ocringemasu
Jul 6, 2022 10:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now thats a awkward relationship to bring into a family. Damm thats an impressive library that Mizuto has. Still an interesting game to determine who would be the elder sibling though. That was a nice counter to Yume's assault. Being in the same class as well lol. Looks like on her first day Yume's been pretty busy. Still Yume's efforts to break through to Mizuto show well the lingering feelings she has for him. Though Yume went to far with her prank the two of them almost both lost in the end there. Overall an excellent opening ep that while doing well in introducing the main leads also did well to showcase the trials that they'll be putting up to test each other. Its nice to see Rina take up lead role this time. The premise though kind off reminds me of Kaguya.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2022 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
Best start of this season for now.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 6, 2022 10:36 AM
Jan 2021
Before watching the first episode (mostly because Crunchyroll didn't let me xD), I was reading comments here and was really worried because so many complain. I have to say I read the manga so I know a bit of the story, but now after watching I don't get why so many complain about this episode. It is actually quite good. The animation looks decent, the music is also ok and the story and pacing is just right and the synchro sounds pleasant too (at least for me). Well many complain about the towel scene or about incest but honestly after watching the episode till that point it should be obvious that she tries to tease him and goes way overboard (as he mentiones too xD) and incest is about bloodrelated siblings (so what if their parents didn't marry and they would still be together since middle school - then it's ok but not now? get your things together and start complaining about real incest xD). I mean people watch Kaguya-Sama and love it and complain here about the same teasing games, but ok you can just drop it here. Well for me it was a nice episode to watch at the end of the day and I look forward to the next episodes and how those two try to get along/live together. 😊

Edit: for all who have problems with Crunchyroll: either watch it in the desktop app or change back from the beta to normal, then you should be able to watch it. 👍🏽
Jul 6, 2022 10:38 AM

Feb 2021
The show starts just like in it did in the LN, but unlike the LN they don't explain the two characters past relationship, I assume the next one is going to do that.

The rest of the episode was just like the LN with Yume saying she has a brother complex in order to help Mizuto.
But the towel scene happened a little different in the LN.

The art-style is pretty similar to the LN, but what I really didn't like was Yume's voice, idk it sound too mature for a girl who was supposed to be shy and innocent in the past, and just got to high school.

Still pretty decent so far, I wonder how many volumes they will adapt.

Jul 6, 2022 10:46 AM
Jun 2020
So close yet so far... They're so close... but the parent had to ruin the moment.

Why??? Why can't you just gave us want we (I) want??? Why does it have to be like that?? had to choose the ol' reliable cliche path.... ffs

(Edit: can't believe im malding over a dumpster fire of an anime)
Hiruuu_Jul 6, 2022 10:52 AM
Jul 6, 2022 11:00 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Yume and Mizuto try not to upset their parents and so decide to take the fact they dated to the grave.
Their parents think they get along well xD.
Yume wants Mizuto to call her onee chan...
They were both born on the same day but Yume was born at 11:04 whereas Mizuto at 11:34. They each want to be the older sibling!
They start a game of whoever acts unatural for a sibling is considered younger...
Yume exploits the rules and opens his sacred drawer so Mizuto uses his smooth talking tactics to make her lose!
They are in the same class in school also!
People try to make friends with Mizuto because they know he is Yume's stepbrother...
She stops that by pretending to have a brother complex though xD.
She walks out the bath with a towel to try fluster him but her towel nearly falls... She overdid it lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 6, 2022 11:04 AM

Jan 2021
Interesting episode, I just call this series "My ex-girlfriend is my step-sister" and that is apparently what all the episode was about for the moment. We obviously need that scene of Yume in towel, it is neccesary to show in a state of semi-nakedness the girl of the cover in episode 1, we need to get more viewers (btw, this is not sarcastic).
Jul 6, 2022 11:10 AM

Sep 2021
Oh helllllllll no. Episode one and theyre already slipping up like that?
This will only end in fire
Jul 6, 2022 11:19 AM
Jul 2021
Gharfrost said:
ngl, it aint AS bad AS majority is whining, seems 2 b yet another case when majority is a herd of animals following ones opinion

as for animation quality - studio is steadily climbing up the quality - animation is solid, drawing details r quite neat actually, studio is starting to have their own characteristic behaviours in character design - since Yume resembles Sayu from Higehiro visually

as for storytelling quality - pacing is steady, not sure whether accurate to manga/ln, but so far seems almost logical, sort of interesting where this is going 2 advance - there r 2 many directions as of rn 4 this story 2 go, therefore a solid watch in this season

p.s. thank god both mcs aint behaving like degenerates like in kanojo ocringemasu

Feels like there’s always this herd when the word “step-siblings” comes up. The people on the internet have this same behavior just from seeing that word in the title. You search for the reactions to this anime’s PV and they all feels the same as if they came out of a hive mind. Seems like there’s (at least) a part of the world that is very sensitive to this specific “topic”, and I think I know at least one reason for that - people have been watching too much “educational movies”
Stonks
Jul 6, 2022 11:25 AM
Jan 2019
I enjoyed it,but for some reason it feels like i jumped an episode.Something felt very off about it
Jul 6, 2022 11:46 AM
Dec 2021
Great. Yume is very, very sexy. I love her. The mc is hot too.
Jul 6, 2022 11:49 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Yume and Mizuto fighting over who.is the older brother and they both try to provoke each other until Yume is left with a.towel in Mizu's front
Jul 6, 2022 11:57 AM
Mar 2022
where can i watch it?
Jul 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Jun 2015
Ameenzaruba10 said:
where can i watch it?

On chruncyroll you person who cant google
Roch2001Jul 6, 2022 12:14 PM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 6, 2022 12:05 PM

Jun 2015
Ah the old leg switch. Flash backs to Basic Instinct. Im not really sure where they are going with this show, or what its purpose is about, but after watching the first eps I'm kinda curious and it has its silly moments so I', gonna see where it goes.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 6, 2022 12:10 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I don't like it... would have been better if it was called my ex's mom is now my girlfriend...lol

Jul 6, 2022 12:10 PM
Jun 2021
it's pretty good so far
Jul 6, 2022 12:25 PM

Jul 2017
I watch the anime to prove that i still can like the series or enjoy or something like that, I read the first 2 Vol of the LN and i can't enjoy that so I hope the anime can help to make me continue to read. I enjoy the anime but for some reason it didn't make me wanna to continue to read, i guess i will try to watch more.

oh not forget DIALOGUE+ make the big impact for me to watch this series because they sing the OP.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jul 6, 2022 12:26 PM

Jul 2017
ryo-san said:
I don't like it... would have been better if it was called my ex's mom is now my girlfriend...lol
sounds like it will be the real dumpster fire.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jul 6, 2022 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
the moment i saw "we should decide this with a game" i alt f4 and insta dropped
"the ancients thought if u were born earlier u were younger" yeah..... i am not going to lose the rest of my braincells with this1... and i watched this after i watched a different good episode, goddammit

comedy btw
Jul 6, 2022 12:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So yeah it's pretty sh*t, but I for one think it makes for a damn good guilty pleasure

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 6, 2022 1:21 PM
Mar 2022
Roch2001 said:
Ameenzaruba10 said:
where can i watch it?

On chruncyroll you person who cant google
ok tq but sorry but i have it already lol
Jul 6, 2022 1:24 PM

Sep 2020
It kind of feels like Oreimo for some reason, aside from lack of bgms, very interesting start.
Jul 6, 2022 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Can’t really say anything because Crunchyroll hasn’t release the episode yet on there platform even though they have the rights to it
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

194 by Cyruser »»
Jan 14, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

109 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

172 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

112 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.