Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 25, 2022 6:29 PM
Nov 2016
Nah, I just can't get in the mood for this crap, this anime is nothing special for now, first, we get 3 episodes where they rush the fuck out of the main story from the OG RWBY, and now episode 4 and up is where we get new content from the anime but episode 4 is pretty crappy so far too, just a 2/5 episode IMHO, mediocre at it's finest is what I call this anime so far, not the worst thing ever, but very mediocre, generic and cliche, I can't simply get in the mood for this, I was already invested in the OG RWBY from the very first episode but this ain't happening with this anime.

My rating for these 4 episodes so far is a 6/10 and I believe the rating will get even lower than this. I will finish this anime, sure, but I won't be surprised if I ended up giving this piece of crap a 4/10 (or lower) by the time I finish it.

This is the only season I will watch from this piece of crap, if this shit doesn't improve, I won't watch the 2nd season.
Jul 25, 2022 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
The best thing from this episode was seeing Ruby in a new outfit and the new ending visuals. I like how Ruby's weapon when sheathed is a snowboard to go along with her snowboarder attire. Was pretty amusing to see Weiss dream Ruby's weapon wrong with it shooting backwards.

No really standout animated action scene like every episode before had that I had hope for. Hoping they don't overdo it with the CGI robots.

Jul 25, 2022 8:39 PM
Aug 2021
xZabuzax said:
Nah, I just can't get in the mood for this crap, this anime is nothing special for now, first, we get 3 episodes where they rush the fuck out of the main story from the OG RWBY, and now episode 4 and up is where we get new content from the anime but episode 4 is pretty crappy so far too, just a 2/5 episode IMHO, mediocre at it's finest is what I call this anime so far, not the worst thing ever, but very mediocre, generic and cliche, I can't simply get in the mood for this, I was already invested in the OG RWBY from the very first episode but this ain't happening with this anime.

My rating for these 4 episodes so far is a 6/10 and I believe the rating will get even lower than this. I will finish this anime, sure, but I won't be surprised if I ended up giving this piece of crap a 4/10 (or lower) by the time I finish it.

This is the only season I will watch from this piece of crap, if this shit doesn't improve, I won't watch the 2nd season.

Honesty at its finest.

I would consider this episode the actual premise than the previous 3, since those are a recap for the new people to get informed.

And from what I can see, this is just a one-time only for japan to do their version of RWBY. A season 2 would be a continuation of volume 3 of the OG RWBY, which isn't necessary.
Jul 25, 2022 9:03 PM

Aug 2021
Ruby does want to save Weiss and went there alone to her world, but how great she is and with her desires, already the confrontation of the two, let's see if she will be able to save her there.
Jul 26, 2022 10:51 AM

Sep 2015
RioFS said:
. Ruby VS Weiss' OST was pretty good as well.

Somebody know the name of the song?
Jul 26, 2022 11:11 AM

Sep 2015
Anyone know this song when ruby fights with weiss?
Jul 26, 2022 11:30 AM

Sep 2015
What is the name of the song used in ep 4?
Jul 26, 2022 2:34 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Weiss's dream seems like a challenge for now, and Ruby is left with just two more coins. I wonder how this will go down, a direct confrontation is inevitable given how the episode ended.

The hatred for the Faunus is quite obvious and I like how they represented that through background noise. I suppose it makes sense now for us viewers exactly why. Carrying the family name pressure too, that has got to be stressful.

ED with the new visuals was really cool and boy, the song still slaps!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 27, 2022 4:22 AM

Nov 2017
so the original content was starting right now huh, and that weird skip againn ._.
Jul 28, 2022 11:15 PM
Aug 2021
and here I was thinking this would be a cool well deserved RWBY story to make up for all the crap of the last seasons.

instead we get a silly inception/ seven dwarfs/ silly story.. will it be like this the entire run? oh hell :(
Jul 30, 2022 2:00 PM

Apr 2018
Holy shit, this was the most boring episode. Exploring through Weiss' dream felt like some SoL anime where NOTHING happens until some kind of shit pull at the end. Ruby's wanted so, of course she gets seen in less than a second and finds Weiss.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 5, 2022 12:05 AM

Aug 2011
Man this freaking RWBY anime feels like I just rediscover RWBY for the first time. MAN THAT WEISS FACE when ruby says she'll never talk to her ever again AND the music when Weiss enters.

YUP this episode just confirmed it for me Japan really likes WEISS.
Aug 6, 2022 2:09 PM
Nov 2016
Zane_0 said:
YUP this episode just confirmed it for me Japan really likes WEISS.

Japan always has a thing for white-haired characters.
Aug 9, 2022 4:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hm well that's definitely taking another path with Weiss' mind/dream world with Ruby trying to fix her, I prefer when it was more vanilla like the previous episodes though but from what I see it was only done to take us to this new segment of the story
Aug 11, 2022 9:17 PM
Jan 2020
PACING IS WAYYYY TOO FAST!!!
Aug 29, 2022 5:06 PM

Oct 2016
What is with the pacing of this show? It feels way too fast. Did they expect you to watch the original before this? It makes no sense to a new watcher to the franchise.
Sep 10, 2022 9:21 AM

Sep 2011
Jesus Christ... The beginning is just so confusing.

Sep 30, 2022 3:21 PM
Apr 2017
What a bizarre episode. On the one hand, sure this could be a cool way to give Weiss some character depth. But boy is it a bizarre decision. We traded the Penny plus Sun gunchuks fight for this? Really? How is this more meaningful? I hope I'm proven wrong in my scepticism.
Sep 30, 2022 5:01 PM
Nov 2016
Babineaux said:
What a bizarre episode. On the one hand, sure this could be a cool way to give Weiss some character depth. But boy is it a bizarre decision. We traded the Penny plus Sun gunchuks fight for this? Really? How is this more meaningful? I hope I'm proven wrong in my scepticism.

You aren't proven wrong on your scepticism, just look at the ratings, this shit keeps getting lower so they obviously screwed up and it will just keep getting worse from here.

The only good episodes are the last 2 episodes and this is coming from a RWBY fan, the rest of the episodes are just bad so keep your expectations low.
Oct 3, 2022 1:06 AM

Feb 2021
The ending is changing adjusting to the episode. It's really cool.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 22, 2022 7:26 PM

Oct 2017
xZabuzax said:

Serious facts man - characters feel so flat and lifeless, nothings really funny or deep or getting me attached - i somewhat liked the idea of ruby seeing wiess and her issues with her fam - but they handled it so bad, like why are they fighting each other and why does wiess look like a nazi? - I did like rubys snowboarder outfit sorta, at least the hoody was dope, everything else feels so wrong about this show though - totally ham fisted everyone in the first 3 eps, the background music is meh compared to the original - animation has some good moments, but then it drops the ball on the rest of the fights and downright skips most of them.

I get they wanted to go to the original content as well, but I gave it a 5/10 last ep, this ep fel tlike it boosted it to a 7 but maybe only a 6 like ya said, and i wouldn't be surprised if i gave it a 4-5 by the end either.

I don't care they're not going down the original path, if they wanna do an alternative universe thats cool, - but at least make the characters compelling and likeable again, give them some real conversations and backstory and really drive home some fights with at least a bit more passion for the choreography,
OG rwby didnt have great graphics, but it executed the fights and comedy and moments of trusting one another so much better, plus the music was fucking epic, - and lastly wiess didn't feel like she had multiple personalities fighting for control either lmao

Ima still watch it as well, but I'm really questioning if it'll be good or not by the end, at least it somewhat picked up the animation ball to a degree
Oct 22, 2022 7:34 PM

Oct 2017
Babineaux said:

FACTS! - They legit skipped and hamfisted it, just to show a halfass fight scene, these dream worlds could be cooler if there was actual meaning to the fights and conversations, it feels like fluff and filler at times, despite this new nightmare hunter whatever the hells going on, were totally in the movie land districts of inception now or something

xZabuzax said:

You aren't proven wrong on your scepticism, just look at the ratings, this shit keeps getting lower so they obviously screwed up and it will just keep getting worse from here.

The only good episodes are the last 2 episodes and this is coming from a RWBY fan, the rest of the episodes are just bad so keep your expectations low.

Brooo, Zabu my dude, you just shattered my hope lmao, had seen your first comment and replied, then right when i reach the bottom, i see your other comment almost 3 weeks later regarding how its only gotten worse it seems XD --- So i guess thats kinda good that ill definitely keep my expectations low lol, but also terrible that im going to have to keep them low, thats such a shame they shoe horned this entire show into a carnival act or something
Oct 22, 2022 11:43 PM
Nov 2016
GodOfWolves said:
Serious facts man - characters feel so flat and lifeless, nothings really funny or deep or getting me attached - i somewhat liked the idea of ruby seeing wiess and her issues with her fam - but they handled it so bad, like why are they fighting each other and why does wiess look like a nazi? - I did like rubys snowboarder outfit sorta, at least the hoody was dope, everything else feels so wrong about this show though - totally ham fisted everyone in the first 3 eps, the background music is meh compared to the original - animation has some good moments, but then it drops the ball on the rest of the fights and downright skips most of them.

I get they wanted to go to the original content as well, but I gave it a 5/10 last ep, this ep fel tlike it boosted it to a 7 but maybe only a 6 like ya said, and i wouldn't be surprised if i gave it a 4-5 by the end either.

I don't care they're not going down the original path, if they wanna do an alternative universe thats cool, - but at least make the characters compelling and likeable again, give them some real conversations and backstory and really drive home some fights with at least a bit more passion for the choreography,
OG rwby didnt have great graphics, but it executed the fights and comedy and moments of trusting one another so much better, plus the music was fucking epic, - and lastly wiess didn't feel like she had multiple personalities fighting for control either lmao

Ima still watch it as well, but I'm really questioning if it'll be good or not by the end, at least it somewhat picked up the animation ball to a degree

GodOfWolves said:
Brooo, Zabu my dude, you just shattered my hope lmao, had seen your first comment and replied, then right when i reach the bottom, i see your other comment almost 3 weeks later regarding how its only gotten worse it seems XD --- So i guess thats kinda good that ill definitely keep my expectations low lol, but also terrible that im going to have to keep them low, thats such a shame they shoe horned this entire show into a carnival act or something

Yeah man, keep your expectations low, and don't expect some good plot twist or anything good out of this garbage since you will be disappointed. If you keep reading the comments from the rest of the episodes then you will see a lot of bitching from me too, as an RWBY fan this anime disappointed me greatly and I wished it never existed in the first place.

If you aren't enjoying it so far then I guarantee you that you won't enjoy the rest of the episodes either since it will simply get worse from here and I'm not kidding, it gets way worse from here and the story gets stupider, the animation gets way worse and the fight choreography doesn't even exist from this point onward since it's cheap, generic, badly drawn trash. I assumed I was going to give this crap a 4/10 at the end but no, I actually ended up giving it a 3/10 instead so yeah, this shit was even worse than I thought.

Now, I will give praise where praise is due and the last 2 episodes are actually decent, those 2 episodes are the only reason I ended up giving it a 3/10 since I was planning on giving this shit a 2/10 instead. You will see my final review about this whole garbage in the final episode. So yeah, keep your expectations low and don't expect anything good from this, hopefully, you might enjoy it better that way.
Oct 30, 2022 1:55 AM

Apr 2019
It seems that this episode seems to be heavily influenced by the book and film called 1984 which pokes fun of communist countries like the USSR, PRC and DPRK. Weiss also seems to receive a lot of pressure from her family and her racism towards Faunus seems to be really bad, Big Nicholas seems to be a parody of Big Brother and he's always watching just like in 1984
Oct 31, 2022 2:02 AM
Nov 2015
This is where this series really comes into its own!
I did really enjoy seeing some memorable moments of the RWBY series in this anime art style but what I'm really here for is some new content and this is where it starts! Loving the action and hope it continues, I'm liking where this is going so far.
On a side note every time I see Weiss I think about Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill haha very powerful visual they gave her.
Feb 22, 2023 1:37 AM

Feb 2022
Weiss with that Military Drip sheeesh~~~
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

51 by Pingl0sek »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:00 PM

» Which will happen first

Tank895 - Aug 26, 2023

14 by PinkRawChicken »»
Aug 30, 2023 9:43 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

104 by MABEL_APPLE »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 21, 2022

40 by kitsune0 »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:22 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 18, 2022

81 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Feb 24, 2023 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.