Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Tsubaki trying to control the Akane Class without Hana nor Konoha-sensei around, they can easily make a big ruckus for which the stellar student must babysit them all. It's not easy being Tsubaki.

But their problems only start when an unknown figure strikes against their village, leaving nothing but destruction in its path. Of course, Tsubaki is the only one that knows the truth, aided by Rindou that they're being attacked by a barbaric man, and thanks to Hinagiku, the whole Class bonds together to take down this octopus-like man-figure together with their Jutsu, try as hard as they might be since this is their first time facing one.

Amongst all tactics, Hinagiku's Attractiveness Jutsu literally failed outright, Asagao and Sazanka's mecha combi style is just so comical lols, they are still jokers. In the end, it's up to Tsubaki and Benisumomo's tag-team to face the man-figure's brunt, they aren't called stellar students for nothing. But it turns out to be a monkey fused with an octopus causing the ruckus...not a man. What a shame...

But above all, the secret of men has still upholded its stance, but Hana-sensei having the change of heart to tell Tsubaki about love, that's her message while still having her secret rendezvous with her crush with the hopes of passing the Class ownership to her. All men aren't bad, and hopefully Tsubaki will meet hers one day. Except that that scroll whihch was sprawled all over...keep on thinking that men are big, huge blobs.

The final ED being the entire Akane Class, what a fitting end for the entire character cast to sing the ED song altogether.

I've gotta admit that this isn't Souichirou Yamamoto's fine effort for being the deviation to his sister series of Takagi-san and Soredemo Ayumu (which is airing this season). Regardless, this is still a decent show, all things considered, and there's some fun to be had.
KANLen09Jul 2, 2022 10:21 AM
Jul 2, 2022 8:31 AM

Sep 2018
That was much better than what I thought it would be, especially after auto comparing it to Takagi San when I first started it. 9/10 for me.
Jul 2, 2022 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
Well the girls working together to beat that enemy was funny.
The question that remains is will the girls eventually get to see a men and how will Tsubaki react when that happens.
The anime was pretty funny the girls with all their misunderstandings about men whas great to watch.
Jul 2, 2022 10:01 AM

May 2021
Great episode! They all fought a 'man' and in the end, it was... a monkey with an octopus on its head...

This was a great show and I hope we get a season 2!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 2, 2022 10:01 AM

Feb 2021
I'll miss this show.

So it turns out the thing from the last episode was actually a fusion of a monkey and an octopus.
And we finally see a man in the scene with sensei, but we can't really see him.

Well I kinda want a season 2 now, this show was really fun and I really liked the characters overall, Mokuren and Benisumomo were the best girls for me, and the attractiveness jutsu episode was my favorite episode.

MadanielFLJul 2, 2022 2:34 PM
Jul 2, 2022 10:02 AM

Nov 2013
As expected, the invader wasn't a man. Monkey and octopus did put up a good fight though, lol.

We did see a male after all, in a similar fashion with the manga.

It was a good anime-only ending.
Jul 2, 2022 10:03 AM

Feb 2020
What a great finale!!
The fight scenes were top-tier.
I love this show so much, definitely my favorite new show from this spring season!

Overall 9/10 (close to 10)
Hope they will release the full ending song from every episode.
chungzicJul 2, 2022 10:42 AM
Jul 2, 2022 10:07 AM

Sep 2019
Season 2 when? Definitely my T3 anime of the season.
10/10. Will surely miss the show.
Jul 2, 2022 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
Fun anime. Would like to know more about to rules of the village and them being cut off from men but whatever. 7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 2, 2022 10:32 AM

Mar 2018
Even with most of the characters just being a single personality trait, I'd say I enjoyed most of them.

Fun show and fun environment, will miss the Kunoichi that is Tsubaki.
Jul 2, 2022 10:38 AM

Dec 2010
This show was so much fun to watch every week! A largely unknown and ignored anime, probably the least watched and lowest rated of Yamamoto's works, but no doubt the absolute best in my opinion!
The anime staff also clearly put a lot of love into this work, even making different endings for every team and expanding fight scenes with nice sakuga. It's a shame that it didn't do well in streaming numbers, but I will still hope for a potential second season.
Very strong 9/10 for me.
Jul 2, 2022 10:43 AM

Jan 2017
I'm still amazed at the production value for the fights, seeing everyone with their own techniques to defeat the "man" was amazing shame we got robbed of seeing Rindou's style since she got booby-trapped

Speaking of the "man", is the monkey-octopus fusion some part of Japanese folklore I've never heard before 🤔
Jul 2, 2022 10:50 AM

Apr 2019
i expected to give it some of an 8 score, because i knew about Takagi and also i love SoL&CGDCT. But man, this season was packed with good shows and Tsubaki, despite being in the same day with Spy x Family, i was actually looking every Saturday to Tsubaki first. I loved everything about it and the characters. 10/10
Jul 2, 2022 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
I've wondered about the fate of that octopus. lol... It would be a feast for them with that big octopus, especially Asagao.

The first few episodes were quite a bit boring, but it was getting better and better after that.
This anime is a good one after all.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 2, 2022 11:02 AM

May 2020
Lol this was some finale, so much for again hyping up that M-word. I had my doubts about it being a man, but no how can it be. Some all new historical creature it was lmao. Fight scenes were good again, as expected.

Ended up enjoying the show more than what I expected in the beginning. Cloverworks rarely miss these days and this one was just another fine example. Hopefully we get a season 2 someday, though in all honesty chances are pretty slim.

And yes Men really aren't so bad, Tsubaki.
Jul 2, 2022 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
Not often I can say this but this show is the rare case of "it gets better". Still not great but it improved a lot from its awful first two episodes. Also hats off to cloverworks for some pretty good action scenes.
Jul 2, 2022 11:36 AM

Jun 2021
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful finale! The art was so gorgeous, and the fight was sick. Sazanka and Asagao was so funny, love this duo so much! Tsubaki and Beni was so cool during the fight.

Also, I love that the ED featured all the members of the village. Gonna miss them so much. And this Tsubaki at the final scene was so cute!! Hope we can get season 2 somedays.
Jul 2, 2022 11:43 AM

Oct 2017
Sazanka and Asagao's big idea had me rolling. Idk what was I expecting but it definitely wasn't that. The action scenes were lit, I'm glad nobody got hurt. Also we got more of Rindou's masterpiece art, she's a natural.

Really loved this anime, one of my fav from the season. Hopefully we'll get a new season someday.
Jul 2, 2022 12:35 PM
Apr 2022
It miss a bit of tension/challenges but it's a great show!
I really enjoyed the characters and their funny stories.
I found The animation and character design awesome.
Jul 2, 2022 1:31 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
An action packed ending! They really went all out with the action too, and the animation was really great. This was a stellar finale.

Overall, this was an excellent show. Very well put together in almost every aspect. Competent directing, attractive character designs, above average animation, nice music, ED's with different singers for each episode, and great episodic stories that came with nice lessons to be learned and character development for each girl.

I really can't think of anything negative to say about this one, just an all around great show. Tsuabki was a charming protagonist, although some of the girls got a little annoying from time to time, the whole setup of keeping them away from men was intriguing and kept me hooked as to what the conspiracy was.

Also, I just need to say it, all the feet shots in this show were perfect. The author really likes his foreheads and feet, and I love him for it. His stories are always so wholesome, albiet slightly perverted. And as a Japanese Twitter user perfectly said "The original author, Odai, is definitely a pervert, but he's a pure love hetero supremacist".

This was an incredibly charming and endearing series that I hope we get more of soon. I'll most certainly pick up the manga. 9/10
Jul 2, 2022 1:34 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty good show.
Visuals were exceptionally good, but i guess it's because CloverWorks is A tier studio.
I didn't like it that men were just an inanimate plot device and none of them actually appeared except that one cameo at the end.
Maybe in potential 2nd season?

Anyway, what a beautiful message:

Jul 2, 2022 1:43 PM

May 2021
What a hilarious ending. Should have seen it coming. At least Tsubaki now knows that men aren't huge dark blobs. About the sensei, I have a feeling she herself plans to run away with her lover but not without leaving the village in responsible hands.

Gosh, we definitely need a S2 for this one. I am going to miss this show's ability to tactfully make dirty jokes.

Jul 2, 2022 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
The action in this show was surprisingly badass, I would be lying if I say I liked the show from the very beginning, but it really grew on me, so many kind, funny and interesting characters, I'm certainly going to miss the whole gang and would love a second season.

I'm still not sure about the main premise, like I enjoy their daily lives about being ninjas but I guess I feel a bit like a dad dreading the moment when your daughter starts dating and such and no guy will ever be good enough for her haha.

UOOOHHHHH! / 10
Jul 2, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2019
Yea ngl I will definitely miss this show. It started out as being really boring to me but quickly picked up and I managed to become invested in the girls, slice of life story aspects. May not be as good as Takagi-San but it’s a cute and fun time. I’ll check out the manga at some point.

I think the finale was pretty solid, the octopus monster was a little weird but it’s all good.
Jul 2, 2022 2:11 PM

Dec 2014
Would have been nice if a male encounter could actually happen, but otherwise a nice send off for a 99% assuredly 1 season only anime with a manga that 99% of people won’t follow up on, including me :(
Jul 2, 2022 3:00 PM
Dec 2019
Personally the animation really solid till the last episode, had a minor flaw but it's what it's, hope we have another season
Jul 2, 2022 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
the show itself was great, the last ep was not.
the quality went downhill, it was anime original, it had that cliché summary.
worst of all they ruined 2 chapters for this.

they encounter the tanuki guy in a bath originally "which men use"
the eating contest had 3 of the girls cheating, transforming into the same person. asagao still won. that chapter had a lot of funny moments and some bonding between asagao and sazanka so it's sad that we won't see it done right.

I want a s2, and there's almost enough material for it.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jul 2, 2022 4:00 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril will be a good leader someday and find love
Jul 2, 2022 5:04 PM

Aug 2020
the end -Tsubaki

What a cute fun show. The monkeytaco combined idea was hilarious. I definitely love this show just the way it is, without any progress or literal men showing. A fun girls show i could enjoy watching forever. Season 2 would be great!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 2, 2022 5:07 PM
Jun 2013
This is such a hidden gem, always funny, sometimes even a bit emotional, all the girls are just so cute and full of life with very distinct char designs and personalities, the production itself was great, seriously this is a criminally underrated anime just like Akebi-chan, if only part of the anime community didn't start going to shit calling everything "pedo" or "sexualization"....

Anyway, really hoping for a S2!
Jul 2, 2022 5:38 PM

Mar 2019
Great Anime....

Tsubaki > Takagi

9/10 for me...

The Large Character Design.... amazing job.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 2, 2022 6:37 PM

Jul 2017
100% one of the worst shit i have ever had the displeasure to endure.
Jul 2, 2022 6:48 PM
Apr 2021
Last time I had a post anime depression was after bookworm season 3... Which isn't saying much considering it aired this season, but before that I haven't had post anime depression for like a year. My point I have that depression when this finished airing now and that really rare! I am sad and I am not Happy about that, but the takeaway is that this show was great! Best EDs in anime fight me. I actually really really really want a season 2 please tell me the manga boosted in Japan or something I am in serious need of some hope right now.
Jul 2, 2022 7:12 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Another cute anime comes to an end. I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of cute and czary ninja girls doing ninja things, and Tsubaki thirsting for men.

I liked how each episode of this anime usually focused on a different team and introduced us to new characters, with Tsubaki being the center of it all. It was well done, it was entertaining and I liked seeing all the different types of girls and their different behaviors.
I'm also really surprised by the quality of this anime - I didn't expect it to have such nice animation. That really made me like the story more. I remember reading a bit of the manga and it was missing something, at least for me. And that was delivered by the good animations and the fine voice acting.

Overall, I enjoyed this anime - it was fun, it was relaxing, and the concept was randomly good (I will not talk about the realism, cause it's just a story). So yeah, there is not that much to say - cute girls, fun ninja stuff, a bit of culture, good animations, and (the obligatory) it was better than Boruto.
Now we wait for another anime from the Takagi-verse - it's coming soon. I wouldn't mind a second season of Tsubaki either.

To this episode - Poor Tsubaki, she learnt that being a teacher is not easy at all. Ajisai got slimed.
Hinagiku: "What's this? It's sticky and it sort of stinks." I can sense the inspiration for R34 artists.
Ok... so it wasn't some random monster but a monkey with an octopus on its head? And we got to hear and see a silhouette of a man.

Jul 2, 2022 7:28 PM
Oct 2021
This is like the only anime that's come out in the past few years where I'd actually be really excited to see a sequel for.

Each character was given a unique personality that was expressed and represented well. That's just something that a lot of anime fail to accomplish. And it more than made up for this anime's kinda of lackluster story.

The action scenes were pretty cool and decently too! This could easily become the next Demon Slayer or Fate/Zero if there was more screentime for the fight scenes.
Jul 2, 2022 7:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A bit of feeling a rushed ending here because of unsatisfied finisher with Tsubaki still getting an unfulfilled wish to see the man. But when i come to think longer about it, its actually understandable and pretty decent to come up with something that needs an includable outcome like that. Benisumomo best girl. Well second best honestly, cause Tsubaki really skipped a beat of my heart with her final pose like that...

Cloverworks really step up their game after the terrible year previously. Winter season was great, and this season is also decent with combination of sxf and then this. Importantly with In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki.

No worries about what's inside her heart alone, the secret, about the curiosity of a men. What lies beyond the future. That is no worry at all. Keep it cherish and do a cute things. Because the end is decent and good enough. So all good things must come to an end already...

8/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 2, 2022 8:06 PM
Jan 2017
final episode is battle vs hybrid monkey and Octopus,, its fun to watch fight Tsubaki and Venismomo ,,
7/10
Jul 2, 2022 9:48 PM

Apr 2008
Just enough cute and funny that I never regretted watching, but I don't think I'd recommend the show to anyone. The fights were always surprisingly cool too.
Jul 2, 2022 10:03 PM

Oct 2016
Man, I've really come to love the show and its cast as it went on. I am actually gonna miss this. I doubt we'll get a second season because of they ended the anime, but hey, you never know these days. I'll for sure add the manga to my plan to read though.

Great to see everyone in action, and by the way, said action scenes slapped, we got some more Benisumomo backstory too, which is nice.

Definitely one of the best EDs of the year for me, especially because of all the different variations they did for each team and then of course the whole class for the end. A really solid show overall. 8/10
Jul 3, 2022 12:30 AM
Jan 2021
Thank you CloverWorks for making the animation top tier. That fight scene was literally exquisite. Yamamoto-sensei ありがとう!!! We need a Season 2 my weekly dose of cgdct ain't enough without foreheads.

Shogi senpai also airing very soon y'all should definitely also watch it.
Jul 3, 2022 12:44 AM

May 2021
nyugvo6 said:
the show itself was great, the last ep was not.
the quality went downhill, it was anime original, it had that cliché summary.
worst of all they ruined 2 chapters for this.

they encounter the tanuki guy in a bath originally "which men use"
the eating contest had 3 of the girls cheating, transforming into the same person. asagao still won. that chapter had a lot of funny moments and some bonding between asagao and sazanka so it's sad that we won't see it done right.

I want a s2, and there's almost enough material for it.

That's true that the eating contest was pretty short compared to the chapter in the manga & same with the tanuki turning out to be a man in the manga too.
Jul 3, 2022 1:32 AM

May 2019
I ended up liking this anime a lot more than I thought I would. Animation and character designs were excellent, and there were so many girls with their own personalities. I'm glad that Tsubaki got closure that men do not resemble ink blotches but I'm a little disappointed that she didn't actually get to see one. I hope there's at least an OVA if a 2nd season isn't made. Was going to give this a 7 but decided on an 8 since it grew on me and I looked forward to it every week.

While sad this is over, we at least have a new anime to look forward to from this creator, Yamamoto's When Will Ayumu Make His Move? 👍
Jul 3, 2022 1:37 AM

Aug 2021
I just want to say: Good luck to whoever's gonna have to put all the VAs in ending theme section for this ep
Jul 3, 2022 1:52 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Huh, so no encounter with a man, at least not exactly. We did end off with an exciting sequence involving a suspect which was some chimera-ass mutation of a fused monkey and octopus- whatever that was. Perhaps later it would be revealed that those creatures were indeed men, as we see the man who sensei was talking to (her lover most likely) also initially disguising himself as an animal. At least we got to see a man before this anime ended, kind of.

But even if we got no man, I for one can say that what we did get was enough to leave us satisfied. I will be holding out hope, but a season 2 is probably rather unlikely. But before departing from us, we at least get a few lines from sensei that are enough to leave us happy. Sensei tells Tsubaki the words that she probably wanted to hear all this time: that not all men are bad; and that even maybe someday, Tsubaki herself may find love. Idk about the rest of you, but that's enough for me to leave this with a smile.

It's kind of a simple thing, but I love shots like this. A shot with a room full of characters with names, rather than roomful of nameless character models to fill up the space- or worse yet, cgi crowds. We've met each of these characters, spent time with them, and went on little adventures with them. And there's still many more characters we've met that still aren't in this shot. Maybe I'm just weird, but this kind of gives me the same vibes as when you open up the pantry to be greeted by rows of glass jars filled with beans and such and labelled accordingly. It's just, satisfying to look at I guess. If you think about it, you don't really get many shots in anime that have a large portion of their characters in a single shot- at least from what I've seen.

I loved Takagi-san, I almost love this as much, and I am really looking forward to Soredemo which is to start airing in just a few days I believe. I'm satisfied, but I still don't want it to end here, and will be picking it up in the manga eventually. I want to see all these characters again, including of course best girl.

Oh and I can't forget the ED's. Having them sung by the different characters' VA's from episode to episode was such a nice touch. Cloverworks has done us another solid with another beautiful-looking anime, apart from just that one episode (11?) where it was a bit off. Otherwise, really loved how this looked.

You know that feeling when you're watching an anime or any show for that matter, where you're enjoying it, but not thinking TOO much about it, but then it ends and you're left realizing: "dang, I'm actually going to miss these characters." You don't really know it until it ends, and when it does end it kind of comes as a shock when you realize how much you subconsciously grew attached to these characters. And unlike Takagi-san where the whole show is focused on our main two (other than those 3 other girls), this anime had a PLETHORA of characters all crammed into a single season's worth of screen time. And all of them have gotten an adequate-enough amount of screen time to be remembered by.

Well done Cloverworks. We humbly request a season 2.

7/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 3, 2022 2:33 AM

Nov 2016
Tentacle for the finale? It's all sticky and sort of stinks? Good thing this wasn't an Rx rated episode, lol.

Solid watch overall, honestly liked it more than the first season of Takagi. For that one took it took me a bit longer to get into it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2022 3:17 AM

Oct 2007
had a good laugh when Ajisai was doing tarzan style swinging in the classroom. Tsubaki was forced to babysit the lolis.

nice action as well. That's not a normal octopus. Can survive outside the water, and fight. Takagi and Beni vs the Octopus is intense in the last parts.

enjoyed this anime from beginning to end. Mokuren, Ajisai, and Benisumomo are my favorite characters. Although not enough for me to buy things at CDJapan.

will watch if there would be a second season.

8/10
Liddo-kunJul 3, 2022 3:34 AM
Jul 3, 2022 5:42 AM

Oct 2015
That's how you end a kunoichi series, with a battle.

This was a fine series, but damn those huge heads and foreheads. The other problem is the men urban legend. I felt like it wasn't delivered well in terms of plot drive, especially when it came to Tsubaki.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 3, 2022 6:15 AM

Jul 2013
It's a cute series that's a step above the average CGDCT shows. The casts really grew on you as the season progressed. Wouldn't mind a 2nd season at all.

7/10
Jul 3, 2022 6:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the final boss is just a monkey on an octopus lmao, that was fun especially how the animation was good for that last fight, Tsubaki and Benisumomo are a good duo, definitely a nice stopping point from this anime I believe, pretty good overall
Jul 3, 2022 8:01 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The “man” that destroyed parts of the village over night ended up being a monkey with an octopus stuck to its head lmao, they worked really well together surprisingly, but I really enjoyed seeing most of the teams try to stop it, lots of hilarity there lol, like Sazanka and Asagao’s combined form and Ajisai getting slimed, and poor Hinagiku got a face full of ink lol.

Thanks to Tsubaki and Benisumomo’s teamwork, the monkey octopus combo was defeated and peace is restored, Tsubaki and Benisumomo sure were bewildered tho lol. And we end off with Sensei telling Tsubaki it’s okay to fall in love with a man, and that a man has been close with Sensei this whole time, so at least in a sense we got to finally see a man lol, and the final Tsubaki “it’s a secret” bit was a nice place to end at.

If you ask me, this was one of the best shows of Spring 2022, the weekends will never be the same without the loli ninjas, every episode was so fun and filled with cuteness and hilarity. Cloverworks did an amazing job too, the animation was always nice and the art of the show is beautiful. And I can’t forget to mention that Peggies OP, super catchy and a jam as well, and I loved the different Team themed EDs we got every week, and this week’s final ED with every team was really sweet and makes it seem like we’ve come full circle. I would without a doubt watch another season of this, and at least we get another anime by the same mangaka for Summer 2022 as well!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2022

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 21, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2022

43 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 21, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 11, 2022

34 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 20, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 4, 2022

39 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 20, 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.