Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2022 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
The start was good ngl. I loved the VA's, felt like I was watching Dynazenon again cause Takina va is Yume while Chitaso is Chise. I also like how Takina looks a hell of a lot like Chitanda. Loved the gun action and sequence, the dialogues are also solid, def the better of the 2 originals from A-1 this season.
Jul 6, 2022 7:45 AM
Aug 2021
They are like mysterious shooters in the new order era of my home country
Jul 6, 2022 10:36 AM

Nov 2014
I picked this one randomly (it doesn't even have genres listed!) and what a jackpot it was! Stuff looks great, both weapons and the girls. It's somewhat rare for me to like such character, but Chisato's personality seems really fun - or maybe it's because she is not just carefree but also competent? As usual for originals, things are a bit hard to follow for now when it comes to world building and "who is who".
Jul 6, 2022 11:08 AM

Oct 2009
So, it's a show of cute girls being young hitwomen. Sign me up!
Jul 6, 2022 10:08 PM

Jan 2017
Watched the first episode and loved it! Not to much jargon with the exposition, and didn't blast me with details, so it's already a step above so many anime lol. Giving away the entire story in the 1st episode is such a pet peeve of mine, so it's great that they're leaving some mysteries.

Speaking of mysteries, I cannot wait to learn what really happened at the old radio tower. More went down than Chisato is letting on, and I cannot wait to see if that place is just as weird on the inside as it is on the outside.

Rosary_Diva said:
wow that's weird that people didn't get mad at the protagonists this time because are assassins ๐Ÿคญ

Unfortunately someone did, earlier in the forum.
Jul 7, 2022 2:12 AM

Jan 2016
The first half was quite all over the place and it felt like one of those one episode OVAs with how it handled backstories and a lot of information, but the second half action really was good, so I am looking forward to seeing more from this
Jul 7, 2022 3:04 AM
Apr 2019
Watched the first episode and loved it! Not to much jargon with the exposition, and didn't blast me with details, so it's already a step above so many anime lol. Giving away the entire story in the 1st episode is such a pet peeve of mine, so it's great that they're leaving some mysteries.

Speaking of mysteries, I cannot wait to learn what really happened at the old radio tower. More went down than Chisato is letting on, and I cannot wait to see if that place is just as weird on the inside as it is on the outside.

Rosary_Diva said:
wow that's weird that people didn't get mad at the protagonists this time because are assassins ๐Ÿคญ

Unfortunately someone did, earlier in the forum.

I must have blocked it. I have not seen any negative comments

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jul 7, 2022 2:30 PM
Jan 2018
Was not expecting that all of a sudden high school girls started killing terrorists and probably other criminals.

That’s one lively girl, she must run on coffee
Mattinator95Jul 7, 2022 3:13 PM
Jul 8, 2022 4:25 PM

Jan 2019
Okay so the setting is kind of insane, but "cute girls do John Wick" has a lot of potential.

The "non-lethal" bullets comment made me laugh out loud, those bullets pierced through the car door to hit that guy, and you could literally see the bullet holes in frame as she said it.

Jul 8, 2022 6:11 PM

Dec 2015
That's one way to imagine how Japan maintains it's standing as one the most safest countries. Well this original anime got my attention. It sort of reminds me of Gunslinger Girl and Takina kinda looks like Chitanda from Hyouka. Already curious of how Chisato caused that radio tower incident.
Jul 8, 2022 7:02 PM

Dec 2018
Not what I expected at all lol. Great first episode, looking forward to next week ^.^
Jul 9, 2022 3:50 AM

May 2020
Japan really their cute girls, don't they? Not much to say about plot but the production definitely looking impressive. A1 going hard on both of their originals this season.
Jul 9, 2022 9:13 AM

Nov 2018
Will probably have to go back and watch again. The subtitles moved a bit fast for me. That said, the quality of this first episode is obvious. Animation, VA, sound design. If the show maintains quality in those areas throughout the season, it will be a super fun ride at the very least!
Jul 9, 2022 6:37 PM
Apr 2022
The characters cute. The VA great. Love the battle scenes. Looking forward for the story.
Jul 9, 2022 6:39 PM
Apr 2022
ForeverTraitor said:
Okay so the setting is kind of insane, but "cute girls do John Wick" has a lot of potential.

The "non-lethal" bullets comment made me laugh out loud, those bullets pierced through the car door to hit that guy, and you could literally see the bullet holes in frame as she said it.

Ohh! you're right. Maybe the car door is cheap.
Jul 10, 2022 1:39 AM
Apr 2022
The first episode makes me interested. Nice introduction for our main characters. I hope we got some Yuri service:3.
Jul 10, 2022 7:24 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This is like a modern Noir with GochiUsa, with a cute design and a chill atmosphere, minus the killing!
Seems promising, I especially love the artwork and designs, hopefully the anime will manage to maintain that quality.
Jul 10, 2022 9:55 AM

May 2012
Wow, pretty badass girls! And Chisato is so adorable! Loving the premise so far.

But, to be honest, I felt slightly uncomfortable while watching the shooting scenes after the assassination incident in Japan last Friday. That was really shocking.

Well, the show is so good though and I am really loving the characters so far.
rebelakumaJul 10, 2022 3:40 PM
Jul 10, 2022 8:38 PM

Oct 2014
This anime forever changed my view on loli waifu girls.
Jul 12, 2022 11:16 AM

Apr 2021
OK, like Engage Kiss, not for me.
Jul 13, 2022 10:32 PM

Feb 2021
Finally had the chance to see the first episode of this last night and it was a great start. Cute characters, great animation, cool background(?). One of the things in my mind when watching the first episode was "why is everything happening so fast?" and turns out it isn't just me who thinks this way. Overall, this looks interesting enough, so will continue watching for now.

It's a bit weird hearing Anzai Chika voicing an energetic character. All the roles I've heard of her are these apathetic, serious girls lol.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 15, 2022 9:03 AM
Jul 2015
kuroneko99 said:
Characters design is good and girls are cute. Full of gun action. The protagonist's voice acting is kind of unnatural like a talk on the radio.
It would be a class AB show.
yea! I really liked that part. It’s just natural fluency “like” a Japanese conversation.
Jul 16, 2022 7:42 AM

Sep 2017
Kind of absurd premise with basically an entire organization of teenage girl assassins and terrorists all over the city. I mean it's just cute girls doing cool things with in a wacky setting that you just need to accept. Well hopefully the writing is actually good unlike a certain recent original cute girls battle anime with a musical subtheme...
Jul 16, 2022 9:03 AM

May 2015
IS...IS THAT BLACK JESUS? xDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 17, 2022 10:40 AM
Tyrant

Aug 2018
Why is that name censored in the ending?
Jul 17, 2022 3:37 PM

Jul 2021
I guess this isn't my style of show, but most of all I think I was annoyed that the subtitles kept having her call her teacher "Teach" even though she was clearly saying sensei. Who calls their teacher "teach" anyway? I hate when they take liberties like that with subs. I don't know why they even translate words that pretty much everyone already knows anyway.
Jul 17, 2022 6:50 PM

Aug 2010
Instant drop for me. The chick just mowing down everyone while her co-worker has a gun to her head, who then later allows someone to be taken hostage to then open fire on the van while she's in it? Fuck that. So ridiculously irresponsible so I can't like this character. Then you've got the over-the-top bubbly blonde whose attitude completely clashes with all the killing and it just rubs me the wrong way. No point in continuing to watch when I hate both MCs.
Jul 18, 2022 3:53 AM

Nov 2014
gave this a try due to the high score but the 1st eps didnt hook me at all. it's weird, certain things aren't explained (plot holes??), and none of the characters are engaging for me, not even chisato who's bubbly personality is kinda annoying at times. idk why, usually i like bubbly characters, but she just kinda rubs me the wrong way. maybe it's her voice? i think her laugh is a bit wrong so maybe that's why i don't like her vibe. anyway i assume the story is gonna be episodic which isn't really my type. I thought it was gonna be like World Trigger which has a similar premise but this isn't the kind that I like. prob gonna drop this.
Jul 18, 2022 6:48 AM

Apr 2020
I sense an alert, ladies and gentlemen WE HAVE A BANGER ORDER ON OUR HANDS!!!

Damn this show set up pretty well and just after catching up with Engage Kiss (the other (good) fellow A1 original), we have LycoReco...and wow this is amazing. Scheming and hidden enemies aside, this show can be as elite as it can possibly be. And just like Engage Kiss, even though it might not happen, I hope this one gets a second cour or season as well.

Last tidbit I want to add, the character design is the same one from Konobi, which surprised me.
Jul 18, 2022 7:47 AM

Nov 2017
I just randomly picked up this anime after having a conversation with others on Discord 'bout what they were watching this season, lol. Glad I went into it all blind like I'm Stevie Wonder.

I'm pleasantly surprised with what I saw. I think I'm gonna like this duo~
Jul 18, 2022 7:47 PM
Aug 2018
i like the cutesy personality of Chisato while Takina is the serious type character i wonder how this two work out as a duo,i like the series so far however the dialog is too fast to the fact i could not understand a thing but its looks ok for me.... im just gonna observe the next episode for now ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Jul 19, 2022 7:15 AM

Sep 2018
NoktoH said:
It's been a while since I've watched something so thoroughly unengaging. Everything about this just felt so off to me, and now I legit feel dead inside. A1-Pictures really has mastered the art of making garbage that general audiences will eat up anyways.

Ah I see, liking this makes us garbage eaters. How sophisticated you are.

Your loss I guess

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 20, 2022 3:39 AM

Sep 2014
Wow this was AMAZING. If they can keep this up we have a possible AOTY right here. And its an A1 Original!

Beautiful animation, high energy, interesting plot. Cute girls! what is not to love here.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 21, 2022 2:41 AM

May 2013
I think that shooting through car doors with non-lethal bullets was just A-1 Pictures' way to show middle finger for Hollywood where lethal bullets gets stopped by car doors, couches and coffee tables.
Jul 21, 2022 5:00 AM

Sep 2018
RavenWolf1 said:
I think that shooting through car doors with non-lethal bullets was just A-1 Pictures' way to show middle finger for Hollywood where lethal bullets gets stopped by car doors, couches and coffee tables.

Exactly that.

Too many posters calling out this show for realism when most people have no idea what bullets can actually do.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 24, 2022 3:54 AM

Nov 2013
Animation is top notch.
I hope plot takes itself seriously and we'll get more info on Lycoris and why it's "girls only" thing.
Hopefully it's not simply because of "cute girls doing cute... Doing murder" thing.
Jul 24, 2022 4:25 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Damn, I'm so glad I came into this totally blind. Some start this was!

I was expecting a rosy, chill and cute proceeding after the first min but then there were teenage girls shooting terrorists off and removing evidence on the spot in the second, can you imagine my reaction xD?

Chisato & Takina should make for an interesting duo, their personalities and methods are so different. Chisato clearly dislikes killing and DA's practices, I wonder if and when this will influence Takina. Action scenes were, in general, very crisp and engaging. Loved the way Chisato took care of the mess there, starting from that drone a fair distance away to using non-lethal bullets and whatnot. Now, that's what I call badass!

I like the great attention to detail from A-1 Pictures, the 634 meters to replace the Tokyo Skytree was nice lol. They've been on a high lately with their animation quality and it's just pleasing to see them continue this. Here's to hoping it never stops.

ED was really nice too, looking forward to when the full song is out. Potential for AOTY? Oh, hell yeah!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 24, 2022 5:45 AM
Oct 2021
That was something different and unique. Specially I like Chisato so far she is really a energetic character. Since this one is an original show. I will keep my expectations a bit low cause they have a strong start but goes downhill in the second half most of the time.
4/5
Jul 25, 2022 8:08 PM

Feb 2014
Zuit said:

That is Walnut's cast.
Jul 26, 2022 1:47 AM

Jan 2021
Not seeing the big deal about this. I saw a clip of some cool shootout scene and expected a team of cool SWAT types but neither main girl seems likable at all and I'm not into stories with lots of political intrigue which it looks like with all the agencies it's going to turn down that story-heavy route. Guess it's not for me but it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I guess I thought it would be more like Gunsmith Cats with more action and with a whole team of girls but the cafe thing and the main girl looks bored AF to even exist just doesn't work for me.
Jul 26, 2022 3:18 AM
Tyrant

Aug 2018
curvedtree said:
Zuit said:

That is Walnut's cast.

ooooooh thank you
Jul 26, 2022 7:03 AM
Oct 2019
Hideo Kojima himself tweet about this Anime the other day.

That's why i start watching this.

So cute girl doing bang bang bang.
Jul 26, 2022 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty great start, ignoring the obvious hints at something deeper within the organization's core.
But i do really like the art and the transitions, really well made.

It's also understandable why Takina got "downgraded", she is somewhat disconnected with reality at some points, the first thing that comes to her head she does immediately lmao
And doesn't care about hostages xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 29, 2022 7:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah yeah another girls x guns, well why not, especially how we have that violent cold girl being moved to another service where her partner is treasuring lives while still doing the job properly but seriously Chisato's genki personality is unbearable, I hope that she'll die soon but I doubt it will happen, that was really the main issue of the episode for me
Jul 30, 2022 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
Blonde gals attitude is a breath of fresh air and made me wake up a bit. Shes my sugar to my high.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 30, 2022 10:55 PM

Jun 2020
I thought this was a slice of life anime at first thinking huh why is there an action genre tag then I saw a fucking time bomb ticking down and assassinations commencing left and right I was caught off guard

Takina looks so odd and Chisato looks familiar I'm talking about Eru Chitanda and Destiny from Hyouka and Takt Op respectively adding that Destiny's VA is also voicing Takina so there's that

I haven't smiled so much just watching an anime and this is the first one that I did, So Takina is selfish I can see why and Chisato looks so cool and you don't want to mess up a girl's hair its equivalent to death so they're lucky, I have a lot of expectations for this series but not that much glad it's a different kind of vibe to other kinds of moe and action anime.
Jul 31, 2022 1:36 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
An enjoyable action-relaxing hybrid anime with very good visual and cool actions ^.^

I love seeing Chisato's ultra instinct bullet-dodging action :)

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Aug 5, 2022 8:28 PM

Aug 2011
Aug 7, 2022 12:55 PM

Dec 2009
The gun sounds aren't overly realistic in this and they are all far too quiet (no hearing protection etc), but they're not terrible, aside from the suppressed sounds which are typical videogame reports. The animation is on point though. All of the weapon handling and physics are fantastic.

One thing puzzles me however, is why she would say not to use the silencer against the drone. Having a suppressor on your weapon increases the barrel length which benefits precision and muzzle velocity (this has been thoroughly tested many times).
GenesisAriaAug 7, 2022 1:14 PM
โ€ๆกœ่ˆžใ†็ฉบใ€œ                   Cute is Power.           ๐Ÿ”—CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 7, 2022 2:06 PM

Dec 2016
Damn son, what the actual hell is this show!? I love it.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

441 by AnthonyParrett »»
Apr 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

218 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2022

200 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2022

222 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

207 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 9:20 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.