Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 1, 2022 1:45 PM
#1
Offline
Jan 2013
13
What do you think guys? First new I heard about this was 2016 by Katsuhiro Otomo himself talking about this anime adaptation and a possible live-action. The Live-action was about to be directed by Taika Watiti but he told the press media in 2018/2019 that when he entered to Marvel he disengaged of the Akira Live-Action project but that he was sure that it would become a reality anytime soon.


Do you think we will have any Akira adaptation to anime show or live action? Or do you think we have been trolled by Otomo?
Jul 1, 2022 2:17 PM
#2
Offline
Feb 2021
954
This has a high chance of being cancelled considering this was announced literally weeks before COVID hit
Jul 1, 2022 2:20 PM
#3
Offline
Jan 2013
13
Yes, I didn't think on the COVID but that is an important factor of its possible cancellation.
Jul 1, 2022 3:31 PM
#4
Offline
Sep 2015
108
Its not cancelled yet. Both Orbital Era and Akira are currently in production at Studio Sunrise. The only problem with studio Sunrise is they announce stuff before the pre-production even started.
Same happened with Code Geass Fukkatsu No Lelouch announced at 2016 and premiered 2019 and it was a single movie. Gundam 00 hasnt anything revealed yet even though they announced a sequel at the same time as Code Geass did. Gundam Seed Sequel movie but no information yet.
Gundam Hathaway took hella long and every other Sunrise Anime gets most of the time an announcement before production even started.
They won‘t cancel Akira that easily. I assume we might get some minor information this year or maybe Next year, with a 2025 release year.
Jul 1, 2022 5:06 PM
#5
Offline
Feb 2019
189
TheAnimeWorld said:
Its not cancelled yet. Both Orbital Era and Akira are currently in production at Studio Sunrise. The only problem with studio Sunrise is they announce stuff before the pre-production even started.
Same happened with Code Geass Fukkatsu No Lelouch announced at 2016 and premiered 2019 and it was a single movie. Gundam 00 hasnt anything revealed yet even though they announced a sequel at the same time as Code Geass did. Gundam Seed Sequel movie but no information yet.
Gundam Hathaway took hella long and every other Sunrise Anime gets most of the time an announcement before production even started.
They won‘t cancel Akira that easily. I assume we might get some minor information this year or maybe Next year, with a 2025 release year.

That makes me a little more optimistic. I loved the movie and I still haven’t read the original manga so at least this will give me some time to read it.
Jul 3, 2022 11:10 AM
#6
Offline
Sep 2015
108
ftvdeadmark said:
TheAnimeWorld said:
Its not cancelled yet. Both Orbital Era and Akira are currently in production at Studio Sunrise. The only problem with studio Sunrise is they announce stuff before the pre-production even started.
Same happened with Code Geass Fukkatsu No Lelouch announced at 2016 and premiered 2019 and it was a single movie. Gundam 00 hasnt anything revealed yet even though they announced a sequel at the same time as Code Geass did. Gundam Seed Sequel movie but no information yet.
Gundam Hathaway took hella long and every other Sunrise Anime gets most of the time an announcement before production even started.
They won‘t cancel Akira that easily. I assume we might get some minor information this year or maybe Next year, with a 2025 release year.

That makes me a little more optimistic. I loved the movie and I still haven’t read the original manga so at least this will give me some time to read it.


You won't be disappointed by the manga. I'm currently reading it and i'm close to be halfway through the manga and its great. Different from the anime story-wise, but goes far more in-depth with the lore, story, characters, action.
Super excited to see it all animated, hopefully with a similar look like Gundam:Hathaway.
Jul 11, 2022 7:21 PM
#7

Offline
Aug 2019
1900
I'm surprised that the full manga wasn't adapted into an anime series a long time ago. I know that the movie achieved cult status but it's actually pretty mediocre compared to the manga. I'm still eagerly awaiting the anime series since I just finished re-reading the manga and it made me realize how great the anime version of the completed manga could be.
Jul 12, 2022 1:30 PM
#8

Offline
Feb 2021
4161
Early_Morning said:
I'm surprised that the full manga wasn't adapted into an anime series a long time ago. I know that the movie achieved cult status but it's actually pretty mediocre compared to the manga. I'm still eagerly awaiting the anime series since I just finished re-reading the manga and it made me realize how great the anime version of the completed manga could be.

Me too! I hope for new info soon about this project!
Jul 16, 2022 3:03 PM
#9

Offline
Dec 2019
170
I think it’s just sunrise getting ahead of themselves with the announcement. They put lots of time into their projects.

I feel like within the next year we should get some information on Otomo’s projects.
Jul 23, 2022 9:36 AM

Offline
Nov 2015
1274
No this is never coming. They forgot about it.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 21, 2022 11:53 AM
Offline
May 2022
2
I hope it's forgotten.... Taika Watiti Seriously??
Sep 23, 2022 11:33 AM
Offline
Jan 2013
13
Not_Eternal said:
I hope it's forgotten.... Taika Watiti Seriously??


We are not talking about the Live Action, we are talking about the new anime series that was confirmed some time ago... Taika Waititi it's not related here.
Oct 22, 2022 10:32 PM
Offline
Sep 2022
3
JuanpeNarro97 said:
Not_Eternal said:
I hope it's forgotten.... Taika Watiti Seriously??


We are not talking about the Live Action, we are talking about the new anime series that was confirmed some time ago... Taika Waititi it's not related here.

You yourself opened the discussion with a mention of the live-action. Albeit, thankfully, the talk has only been about an anime series. Why take such a risk with a L-A when you can make a more streamlined series that seems to have been more justified in the first place (when compared to a beautiful, but holesome, movie)?

More topics from this board

» Any news? Anyone????

Kattack147 - Dec 19, 2021

4 by dreihk »»
Jan 13, 9:56 AM

» what’s this?

xdanielkiss - Sep 18, 2021

9 by Niblet_ »»
Dec 8, 2022 7:29 PM

» Hype ( 1 2 )

Arjuna777 - Jul 4, 2019

80 by Trypo »»
Oct 13, 2022 10:32 PM

» will the production quality be as good?

removed-user - Jan 29, 2021

14 by JAW7 »»
Sep 15, 2022 9:21 AM

» When will this be released?

Bororus_Rooroo - May 5, 2021

2 by Crow_Black »»
May 7, 2021 8:39 PM