Forum Settings
Forums

'Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya' Gets Second Season in July 2022

New
Jun 29, 2022 8:01 PM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014
Streaming service Crunchyroll and Toei Animation announced a second season for the Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya anime on Wednesday, revealing a key visual (pictured) and trailer. The anime, subtitled Battle for Sanctuary, is scheduled to premiere in July 2022.

The first season streamed in two parts of six episodes worldwide on Netflix in July 2019 and January 2020 and adapted the Galaxian Wars, Black Knights, and Silver Saints arcs.

Yoshiharu Ashino (D.Gray-man Hallow) helmed the series at Toei Animation. Eugene Son was the story editor and Terumi Nishii (Mawaru Penguindrum) designed the characters.

Synopsis
Zeus had a daughter named Athena, the goddess of war. A group of youths flocked to Athena fighting to protect her amidst heroic battles as her "Saints." Their proof of being a Saint laid with the battle protector known as Sacred Cloth.

After a virtual eternity, a new struggle is about to unfold now again over the Cloth. A boy named Seiya has crossed way over to Greece to undergo the training to become a Saint and obtained the Cloth, Bronze cloth, the lowest position among Saints. Every Saint takes a constellation as their tutelary god. And Seiya's guardian star is Pegasus. Now, the saints gather together from all over the world to participate in the "Galactic War" - championship of Saints, aiming at the Gold Cloth, the symbol of ruler of the Saints. The curtain for Galactic War has been cut open. During the death battle between the Saints, Phoenix, the Black Saint, suddenly appeared on the scene and runs off with Gold Cloth in front of a full house in his ambition to become ruler of the world. Seiya and his fellow bronze cloth warriors go after Phoenix and his "Shadow Army" to retrieve the lost Gold Cloth...

The battles waged among the saints, the strongest young men on earth, begin now! (Source: Toei Animation)

Trailer

Source: Crunchyroll

Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary on MAL
AidanJun 30, 2022 8:05 AM
Jun 29, 2022 9:45 PM

Feb 2010
CGI, can't care less. Wake me up when we Land of Lustrous S2.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jun 29, 2022 9:53 PM

Apr 2020
The first season was dog-shit so won't be watching this one.
Jun 29, 2022 10:20 PM

Oct 2013
Knights of the Zodiac, a CGI reboot of Saint Seiya, surely had many flaws. Nothing will change that fact, especially when few changes that I consider as flaws got rooted directly into the plot by this anime's creators. That's why any modification would require modifying directly the plot from the first two seasons (since KotZ had two seasons, 6 episodes each).

In other words, we need to accept the fact that there was Vander Graad and his experiments on artificial Cosmo, or that Shun got turned into a female, following extremely sexist stereotype (out of all Bronzies they really had to pick up the least macho-like character to turn him into a female... awful example of stereotypization).

However, let's try to treat this cartoon as if we did not know anything about the original series. By that its flaws are less bothersome. I tried to approach it like that and while it was not the best CGI series I have ever seen, it was moderately entertaining.

Will I watch the sequel? Of course. I am wondering how will Sanctuary arc's reboot look like. Gold Cloths in the triailer already look impressive, so even if it will be for Goldies alone, I will watch that show.
Jun 29, 2022 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
U gotta be kidding

My Candies:

Jun 30, 2022 5:23 AM

Jan 2009
hopefully its action pack this time, the only good action the first 3DCG season has is in the OP lol
Jun 30, 2022 5:34 AM
Apr 2020
The first season is one of the worst animes I've ever seen, every fan hated it, so why make a second season ??
Jun 30, 2022 9:13 AM

Feb 2014
LOL, I know everyone hated season 1, is not good, but nonetheless I was still waiting for this announcement, I will watch it.

Also, I guess now it's a seasonal anime rather than a Netflix ONA.

Edit: NVM, July 2022, so... right now, I guess it's still an ONA.
PunkeroJun 30, 2022 9:18 AM
Jul 1, 2022 11:59 AM
Jan 2017
And people criticize Hollywood for its obsession with nostalgia and reboots.
Jul 1, 2022 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
didnt watch season 1 but ill be watching this one
Jul 13, 2022 1:48 AM
Jun 2020
Look what they did to my boy Shun 😢
Jul 14, 2022 8:43 PM

Aug 2010
I forgot this existed. Well, maybe one day.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.