Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 29, 2022 6:10 PM
Jul 2021
Higurashi is a masterpiece, but are there any masterpiece visual novels that don’t have an anime adaptation. Also I have played Umineko so don’t worry. Don’t hold back, recommend as many as you want and I will play them all if you consider them masterpieces. Thank you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Jun 29, 2022 6:33 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
misterinfoman said:
Higurashi is a masterpiece, but are there any masterpiece visual novels that don’t have an anime adaptation. Also I have played Umineko so don’t worry. Don’t hold back, recommend as many as you want and I will play them all if you consider them masterpieces. Thank you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

'If my heart had Wings' is pretty interesting but be warned the English version cut and changed so much that a story about challanged people going through adolescents and all the extra struggles added by your disability, gets sort of kneecapped๐Ÿ˜….

Grissia has an anime.... Grissia is also a massive novel, compacted into just 13 EPs..... Some might say it doesn't really have an anime๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘.

Oh and Doki Doki literature club is still without an anime๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
Jun 29, 2022 6:41 PM
Jul 2021
momentie said:
misterinfoman said:

'If my heart had Wings' is pretty interesting but be warned the English version cut and changed so much that a story about challanged people going through adolescents and all the extra struggles added by your disability, gets sort of kneecapped๐Ÿ˜….

Grissia has an anime.... Grissia is also a massive novel, compacted into just 13 EPs..... Some might say it doesn't really have an anime๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘.

I have played those, they’re really good
Jun 29, 2022 6:42 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
misterinfoman said:
momentie said:

In that case you've probs read more then me๐Ÿ˜‚, I will tip my hat to your superior culture level friend ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘.
Jun 29, 2022 6:44 PM
Jul 2021
momentie said:
misterinfoman said:

In that case you've probs read more then me๐Ÿ˜‚, I will tip my hat to your superior culture level friend ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘.
thank you, if you want to join my milk cult then send me a friend request ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Jun 29, 2022 7:05 PM

Dec 2020
Haven't played that much of VNs but here are some recommendations:

Tsukihime:
Is the first VN that TYPE-MOON has made and it's my favorite VN so far. It is a bit old though so the sprites and event CGs may not look that good. Also since it's not available anywhere "Legally" you can PM me if you're interested in it, I'll give you the "totally legal" download link.

Since you liked Steins;Gate you might be interested in Chaos;Head Noah and Chaos;Child, they're both in the same multiverse as Steins;Gate.

Here are some of the other more "Trashy" VNs:

Aokana:
It does have an anime, but I've heard that it's not very good.It's a romance visual novel where the main theme of it is "FC" or Flying Circus which is a sport where people fly around (I don't have a good explanation for it). So if you dislike FC, you probably won't enjoy this.

Katawa Shoujo:
You've probably read this but I'm just gonna put this here

You can find more recommendations using VNDB. It's like the MAL for VNs. It's a bit hard to use at first but you'll get used to it.
ArtekzJun 29, 2022 7:08 PM
Jun 29, 2022 7:15 PM
Jul 2021
Artekz said:

Tsukihime:
Is the first VN that TYPE-MOON has made and it's my favorite VN so far. It is a bit old though so the sprites and event CGs may not look that good. Also since it's not available anywhere "Legally" you can PM me if you're interested in it, I'll give you the "totally legal" download link.

Since you liked Steins;Gate you might be interested in Chaos;Head Noah and Chaos;Child, they're both in the same multiverse as Steins;Gate.

Aokana:
It does have an anime, but I've heard that it's not very good.It's a romance visual novel where the main theme of it is "FC" or Flying Circus which is a sport where people fly around (I don't have a good explanation for it). So if you dislike FC, you probably won't enjoy this.

Katawa Shoujo:

You can find more recommendations using VNDB. It's like the MAL for VNs. It's a bit hard to use at first but you'll get used to it.

Thanks, I’ve played all of those except tsukihime, I could use some”totally legal” info on how to get that
Jun 29, 2022 7:15 PM
Jul 2021
Artekz said:

Tsukihime:

Aokana:

Katawa Shoujo:

Also thanks for the site vndb, I’ll look at that
Jun 29, 2022 7:37 PM
Feb 2021
misterinfoman said:

Maybe if you’re interested in something else from the creator of Puella Magi Madoka Magica you could check out The Song of Saya. Be aware that it does have some hentai scenes and takes heavy inspiration from the works of H.P. Lovecraft. It was a good read some questionable moments aside and I look forward to rereading it once I have completed the bibliography of Lovecraft.
CBPman9001Jun 29, 2022 7:51 PM
Jun 29, 2022 7:40 PM
Jul 2021
CBPman9001 said:
misterinfoman said:

Maybe if you’re interested in something else from the creator of Puella Magi Madoka Magica you could check out The Somg of Saya. Be aware that it does have some hentai scenes and takes heavy inspiration from the works of H.P. Lovecraft. It was a good read some questionable moments aside and I look forward to rereading it once I have completed the bibliography of Lovecraft.
already played saya no uta, it’s a masterpiece
Jun 29, 2022 7:56 PM
Feb 2021
misterinfoman said:

Also while these both have anime adaptions that adapt part of the series Ace Attorney and Danganronpa are both worth checking out. Though I expect you probably have and I was just in the minority coming into those franchises later than everyone else.
Jun 29, 2022 8:22 PM

Oct 2019
You can try You and Me and Her: Love Story, If my heart had a wing (just play the FanTL, bcz the og TL is bad as hell) and MeteorWorldActor.
Jun 30, 2022 12:13 AM

May 2017
My partner just finished Raging Loop, and that one was really awesome. not sure if you've read it.

I think that Robotics;Notes was also really good ๐Ÿ‘

wondering if anyone who is a fan of VNs has also played 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? it's played mostly as a VN but has strategic game play
Jun 30, 2022 1:48 AM

Jul 2015
I wanted to say Summer Pockets, but it was recently announced.
So, let's say Rewrite, because THERE IS NO REWRITE ANIME.
Same goes for Tsukihine.

Also, while we're at it:

Jun 30, 2022 2:33 PM
Jul 2021
Piromysl said:
I wanted to say Summer Pockets, but it was recently announced.
So, let's say Rewrite, because THERE IS NO REWRITE ANIME.
Same goes for Tsukihine.

Also, while we're at it:

I actually liked the rewrite anime, the VN is better though
Jun 30, 2022 6:21 PM
Oct 2021
"Honoguraki toki no hate yori" sad it doesn't even have a translated version though
Jul 1, 2022 6:36 AM
Jan 2018
misterinfoman said:

The House in Fata Morgana: While I haven't read this one yet I only heard good things about this one, so I think it's worth to give it a shot.
I usually read the free ones and while the large majority can't be said to be Masterpieces there are ones that stand out such as: Connected Hearts (the art is ugly, but the story is good), Everlasting Summer (it's a eroge, but have a good story and the Steam version censor the hentai parts, you can read it without censor, just get a file called... well... "hentai.rpyc" and put it on the game folder, but it didn't make much difference Everlasting Summer is interesting because of the story and not these scenes) and One Thousand Lies (It's a Kinetic Novel, there aren't choices you will only read the story).
JackDSF123Jul 1, 2022 7:13 AM
Jul 1, 2022 7:22 AM

Jun 2015
Thread moved from Anime Series Discussion to Games, Computers & Tech Support
Jul 1, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2016
Never7
Ever17
Remember11

The best games are unadaptable.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Jul 1, 2022 5:24 PM

Dec 2017
Subahibi if you have balls. Considering how (insanely) gruesome it is, it’s almost frightening how well made it is.
Jul 1, 2022 7:10 PM
Jul 2021
JackDSF123 said:
misterinfoman said:

The House in Fata Morgana: While I haven't read this one yet I only heard good things about this one, so I think it's worth to give it a shot.
I usually read the free ones and while the large majority can't be said to be Masterpieces there are ones that stand out such as: Connected Hearts (the art is ugly, but the story is good), Everlasting Summer (it's a eroge, but have a good story and the Steam version censor the hentai parts, you can read it without censor, just get a file called... well... "hentai.rpyc" and put it on the game folder, but it didn't make much difference Everlasting Summer is interesting because of the story and not these scenes) and One Thousand Lies (It's a Kinetic Novel, there aren't choices you will only read the story).
those are good, you have good taste but I have played those
Jul 3, 2022 6:08 AM
Jul 2021
VN is much better than the anime adaptation.
Jul 4, 2022 9:38 AM

Nov 2020
WHITE ALBUM 2, Subarashiki Hibi, Tsukihime, Muramasa, Little Busters, (ignore this shits anime adaption) are all masterpieces, I will shill them until I die at every opportunity I get
Jul 11, 2022 2:59 AM

Mar 2015
Euphoria is the only masterpiece VN out there

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite video game that you've never actually beaten?

TheBlockernator - Apr 15, 2022

49 by His0kaDevv »»
27 minutes ago

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

10 by Jensenessy »»
7 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
9 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Yesterday, 9:57 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.