Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2022 2:24 PM

May 2022
I made a pretty large post a couple of days ago and you can definitely find it if you look for it; definitely worth a read I think. But I wanted to make another thread after pondering a bit why the show hit so close to home for me (I cried more times than I care to admit.). Nevertheless because I found this show to be so impactful to me I wanted to share this part of my experience.

In Darling in the Franxx there are many pervading themes and/or ideas. Among them being the idea of the need of love to survive, the general absence of love particularly from adults for the characters in the show. The characters in DitF are essentially children. We do see them as teenagers, but they are more children than anything. To drive that point home we are also given much back story and we can see the hell they went through when they were younger.

The children in Darling in the Franxx were essentially used, abused, and given the bare minimum in terms of what matters most when raising children; Love. So this hit me particularly hard in tandem with the fantastic OST and primary characters. I didn't even need to connect with most of the children, because Zero Two and Hiro basically summarized the hell all the other characters must of gone through. In the end its heartwarming that they worked things out for everyone, but they all paid a price... a price they willingly paid if it meant they can live normally as humans who share love with each other.

And that's what got me the most. I really enjoyed the romance too, and I am generally a big sci-fi fan. But that's what I got. Please feel free to read at your leisure, share your thoughts and experience. And thank you for dropping by.

LordKirkisAug 29, 2022 2:36 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2022 2:31 PM
Feb 2021
bang bang bang bang bang bang şşş
Jun 27, 2022 2:37 PM
Apr 2021
cant bother reading nonsense on a ditf post
Jun 27, 2022 2:38 PM
Jun 2021
glad you liked the anime a lot but if this made you cry a lot then you sure aren’t ready for a whole lot of other anime lmao
Jun 27, 2022 2:39 PM

May 2022
domata said:

Thank you for the comment.
Jun 27, 2022 2:40 PM

May 2022
INSANELYWP said:
glad you liked the anime a lot but if this made you cry a lot then you sure aren’t ready for a whole lot of other anime lmao

You need to make some recommendations. Particularly if they are scifi. I just got my Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu Ray! So that will take priority!
Jun 27, 2022 2:41 PM
Dec 2020
this anime is trash and im not reading 🙏
Jun 27, 2022 2:42 PM

May 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

One mans trash is another mans treasure. What's your sort of treasure?
Jun 27, 2022 2:43 PM
Dec 2020
LordKirkis said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

one piece is my favorite anime because im a basic normie
Jun 27, 2022 2:49 PM

May 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
LordKirkis said:

Valid 100%. If that's what's entertaining to you, absolutely. I'd have a better perspective on the show if I managed to watch more of it, no doubt. But its a very long series for me. Still 100% Valid.

Edit: My most recent and longest running series has been the Jojo Series, I really enjoyed Diamond Unbreakable and Stardust Crusaders. So I do get the love of these styles of Anime.
Jun 27, 2022 2:51 PM
Feb 2021
LordKirkis said:
I made a pretty large post a couple of days ago and you can definitely find it if you look for it; definitely worth a read I think. But I wanted to make another thread after pondering a bit why the show hit so close to home for me (I cried more times than I care to admit on this here forum). Nevertheless because I found this show to be so impactful to me I wanted to share this part of my experience.

In Darling in the Franxx there are many pervading themes and/or ideas. Among them being the idea of the need of love to survive, the general absence of love particularly from adults for the characters in the show. The characters in DitF are essentially children. We do see them as teenagers, but they are more children than anything. To drive that point home we are also given much back story and we can see the hell they went through when they were even younger.

The children in Darling in the Franxx were essentially used, abused, and given the bare minimum in terms of what matters most when raising children; Love. So this hit me particularly hard in tandem with the fantastic OST and primary characters. I didn't even need to connect with most of the children, because Zero Two and Hiro basically summarized the hell all the other characters must of gone through. In the end its heartwarming that they worked things out for everyone, but they all paid a price... a price they willingly paid if it meant they can live normally as humans who share love with each other.

And that's what got me the most. I really enjoyed the romance too, and I am generally a big sci-fi fan. But that's what I got. Please feel free to read at your leisure, share your thoughts and experience. And thank you for dropping by.

Evangelion is literally this but a million times better
Jun 27, 2022 2:53 PM

May 2022
MichellBollinger said:
LordKirkis said:
I made a pretty large post a couple of days ago and you can definitely find it if you look for it; definitely worth a read I think. But I wanted to make another thread after pondering a bit why the show hit so close to home for me (I cried more times than I care to admit on this here forum). Nevertheless because I found this show to be so impactful to me I wanted to share this part of my experience.

In Darling in the Franxx there are many pervading themes and/or ideas. Among them being the idea of the need of love to survive, the general absence of love particularly from adults for the characters in the show. The characters in DitF are essentially children. We do see them as teenagers, but they are more children than anything. To drive that point home we are also given much back story and we can see the hell they went through when they were even younger.

Ouch... time to get the family size box of tissues I guess.
Say no more, that's next.

Key members who worked on DitF worked on Neon Genesis series and Gainax company. This is why the DitF was initially hyped as much, besides Zero Two. Anyways I am very excited going into NGE.
LordKirkisJun 27, 2022 3:26 PM
Jun 27, 2022 2:54 PM
Dec 2020
MichellBollinger said:
LordKirkis said:

i thought both were trash 🙏
Jun 27, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
MichellBollinger said:

Do you like any scifi shows? That might be why.
Jun 27, 2022 3:03 PM
Feb 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
MichellBollinger said:

you gave Bake a 4 and Black Clover a 7 please don’t interact with me ever again
Jun 27, 2022 3:03 PM
Apr 2022
A good post, in fact you wrote the main meaning of this work, although many haters do not even remember it. I know why there is actually a hate on Franxxx and I admit that there are reasons for this, I feel sorry for the reputation of this work, it brought warmth to the soul of so many people and this post reinforces this fact. I have literally never seen another anime that is so hated as Franxxx, especially in the community of my country (Russia), it is difficult to express my admiration for this work when everyone hates it and can offend just for the opinion.

Statistics from a popular Russian site :
Jun 27, 2022 3:05 PM
Dec 2020
MichellBollinger said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

i gave kizu an 8 which probably just confuses you
Jun 27, 2022 3:05 PM
Dec 2020
LordKirkis said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

the only one i like is vivy tbh
Jun 27, 2022 3:13 PM

May 2022
NeJojofag said:
A good post, in fact you wrote the main meaning of this work, although many haters do not even remember it. I know why there is actually a hate on Franxxx and I admit that there are reasons for this, I feel sorry for the reputation of this work, it brought warmth to the soul of so many people and this post reinforces this fact. I have literally never seen another anime that is so hated as Franxxx, especially in the community of my country (Russia), it is difficult to express my admiration for this work when everyone hates it and can offend just for the opinion.

Statistics from a popular Russian site :

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! There is a lot of hate surrounding DiTF, but its simply because its misunderstood in general and people have different expectations for what a show should be. Some shows are harder to appreciate than others... particularly when the show is an artist's passion project, this happens to be the case with DitF. I am happy to show you further proof that there is a lot of us out there that did understand and love the show for the messages it portrays.
LordKirkisJun 27, 2022 3:29 PM
Jun 27, 2022 3:14 PM

May 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
LordKirkis said:

It looks absolutely fantastic. Waiting for the Blu Ray to drop! :)

Glad you found at least 1 scifi to enjoy!
Jun 27, 2022 3:15 PM
Dec 2020
LordKirkis said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

It looks absolutely fantastic. Waiting for the Blu Ray to drop! :)

Glad you found at least 1 scifi to enjoy!
just watch it the opening is a banger
Jun 27, 2022 3:16 PM
Feb 2021
LordKirkis said:

Thanks for posting this!!! I never really thought much about DITF so this sheds some light on topics not many people bring up
Jun 27, 2022 3:23 PM

May 2022
junkoenoshima16 said:

Thanks for posting this!!! I never really thought much about DITF so this sheds some light on topics not many people bring up

I am always happy to discuss this show, but its particularly encouraging to see that I can help others see the other sides of DitF. Thank you for reading!
Jun 27, 2022 3:41 PM

Jul 2021
MichellBollinger said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

hoooooly shit that's given my brain damage just reading those scores what
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jun 27, 2022 3:46 PM
May 2022
Lord Kirkis, you're too good for this site. It's actually quite sad to look at angry comments under your threads, when you talk and communicate with other people with such respect and understanding, even when they dont do the same with you.
Jun 27, 2022 3:54 PM

May 2022
3looming said:

hoooooly shit that's given my brain damage just reading those scores what

Comes with the territory of engagement on this site I suppose. :)

9whatever said:
Lord Kirkis, you're too good for this site. It's actually quite sad to look at angry comments under your threads, when you talk and communicate with other people with such respect and understanding, even when they dont do the same with you.

Thank you, I am use to it. It's the internet, and I wont take it too seriously beyond just maintaining the purpose of this post. We can all get along eventually even with differing opinions and perspectives.
Jun 27, 2022 4:32 PM
Jan 2022
LordKirkis said:

Another post, for sucks sake

Like i said if you have that much time watch more anime rather than convincing others that ditf is a masterpiece my friend
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Jun 27, 2022 4:41 PM

May 2022
Khalnayak2002 said:
LordKirkis said:

Another post, for sucks sake

Like i said if you have that much time watch more anime rather than convincing others that ditf is a masterpiece my friend

You got it all wrong. I am not trying to convince anyone that its a masterpiece lol. And I will be watching NGE tonight after finishing dinner.
Jun 27, 2022 4:49 PM
Jan 2022
I enjoyed it too but I didn't realize people like it so much they would make a whole frickin essay on why it's good.
Jun 27, 2022 4:49 PM
Aug 2019
I love the irony of haters mocking the original poster for wasting their time writing this. Well look who's wasting their time on a forum about an anime they don't like. Big brain move.

-

On topic,

It's rare to see people make good threads on here that actually try to analyze stuff rather than just hating on literally anything lmao.

DitF caught my interest because it had a very interesting premise. I really enjoyed learning about those children and their problems while gradually learning more about the world they live in as well. I think a lot of people forget that the first half of the anime is actually really good and it could have been a really good show overall if they didn't screw up the ending. It's really regrettable because the show had enough potential and great cast of characters to become a masterpiece.
Jun 27, 2022 5:16 PM

May 2022
Ixed_Cxffee said:
I enjoyed it too but I didn't realize people like it so much they would make a whole frickin essay on why it's good.

Absolutely.. Darling in the Franxx does have fans that love it for its many ideas besides its titular character Zero Two. Personally It began with Zero Two but ended with everything else for me.

TheEvilHadrosaur said:
I love the irony of haters mocking the original poster for wasting their time writing this. Well look who's wasting their time on a forum about an anime they don't like. Big brain move.

-

On topic,

It's rare to see people make good threads on here that actually try to analyze stuff rather than just hating on literally anything lmao.

DitF caught my interest because it had a very interesting premise. I really enjoyed learning about those children and their problems while gradually learning more about the world they live in as well. I think a lot of people forget that the first half of the anime is actually really good and it could have been a really good show overall if they didn't screw up the ending. It's really regrettable because the show had enough potential and great cast of characters to become a masterpiece.

Right you are, the first half was fantastic and most folks did enjoy it. The second was arguably rushed, but I do believe they did manage to get the main message across none the less. I would say the 24 episode was the hard cap from conception. Maybe it could have been restructured, but well we got what we got, and I still did really enjoy it despite wanting a bit more.

Thanks for your thoughts, and I'm really glad you enjoyed the show despite the second half!
LordKirkisJun 27, 2022 5:32 PM
Jun 27, 2022 5:29 PM
Jul 2021
LordKirkis said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

Valid 100%. If that's what's entertaining to you, absolutely. I'd have a better perspective on the show if I managed to watch more of it, no doubt. But its a very long series for me. Still 100% Valid.

Edit: My most recent and longest running series has been the Jojo Series, I really enjoyed Diamond Unbreakable and Stardust Crusaders. So I do get the love of these styles of Anime.

Wow, finally a wholesome non verbal abuse forum poster.
Jun 27, 2022 5:32 PM

May 2022
Ixed_Cxffee said:

One interesting bit to note is that the general idea of love and absence of love is expressed heavily through Zero Two, a character who from conception is meant to be the main draw for anime fans. But there is more to her, she essentially leads into the rest of the shows main themes and ideas. Cool huh. :)

Its why I consider Zero Two and Hiro both great catalyst of DiTF essence.
LordKirkisJun 27, 2022 5:53 PM
Jun 27, 2022 6:18 PM

Sep 2021
Coming from You Again A detailed Explanation Post Keep it up bro Megumin is also here to cheer you :D
Jun 27, 2022 6:30 PM
Mar 2022
good to see someone got emotional value out of the show, if only the fan service wasn't there though
Jun 27, 2022 6:32 PM
Mar 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
LordKirkis said:

the only one who wants to admit the obvious
Jun 27, 2022 6:36 PM

Feb 2021
I'm no reading all that but I know that you're a twin of furuhashi1
Jun 27, 2022 6:37 PM

May 2022
Furuhashi1 said:
Coming from You Again A detailed Explanation Post Keep it up bro Megumin is also here to cheer you :D

Never a bad time for an explosion from the best girl! Thanks Megumin and friends!

Cactuuuu said:
good to see someone got emotional value out of the show, if only the fan service wasn't there though

More than I bargained for! There was a lot for me to unpack, but in the end I really appreciate all of it.
Jun 27, 2022 6:47 PM

May 2022
Mantron said:

I might be... or I could just be his clone. You should double check with furuhashi1. xD
Jun 27, 2022 6:48 PM

Sep 2021
Mantron said:
Just Because I Commented lol I became a twin and 2.99 I think u just Hate every Anime.
Jun 27, 2022 6:50 PM

May 2022
Furuhashi1 said:
Mantron said:
Just Because I Commented lol I became a twin and 2.99 I think u just Hate every Anime.

By god a mean of 2.99. He's hard to convince that's for sure!
Jun 27, 2022 6:52 PM

Sep 2021
Mantron said:
And what is the point coming on the forum if you are not going to read what forum Author is saying Your Brain is Fucked up and Just to come here and Bitch Talk I have Seen This too many Times on the Forum u are not the First One who just Types Nonsense and Irrelevant shit beside the forum.
Jun 27, 2022 6:56 PM

Sep 2021
LordKirkis said:
Mantron said:

I might be... or I could just be his clone. You should double check with furuhashi1. xD
LordKirkis said:
Mantron said:

haha They just Want excuse bro And try to Dodge the Forum Every Single Time he just Saw my Quote and thought
"I have Got no Concrete thing I should write maybe I am just Gonna pick someone and just Talk About him, Done and I have no idea What I should Write more except they are just Gonna Message me again I am Gonna just Write Ditf is Trash that is my only line"
Jun 27, 2022 6:59 PM

May 2022
Furuhashi1 said:
LordKirkis said:

LordKirkis said:

haha They just Want excuse bro And try to Dodge the Forum Every Single Time he just Saw my Quote and thought
"I have Got no Concrete thing I should write maybe I am just Gonna pick someone and just Talk About him, Done and I have no idea What I should Write more except they are just Gonna Message me again I am Gonna just Write Ditf is Trash that is my only line"

I am coining this as the "in and out" method employed here on MAL. Highly effective? maybe but I mostly redirect the conversation when I can.
Jun 27, 2022 7:01 PM

Sep 2021
LordKirkis said:
Furuhashi1 said:

I am coining this as the in and out method employed here on MAL. Highly effective? maybe but I mostly redirect the conversation if possible.
Sure bro But there will always be An Idiot on every post who just gonna Completely Disagree with you and just Talk non sense just go To Forum Settings and ignore the users so he can't Write Anything on your Forum but there will come Another person like him XD
Jun 27, 2022 7:16 PM

Aug 2017
domata said:
Still managed to waste your energy clicking this thread, clicking the reply button and typing out that bullshit

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jun 27, 2022 7:19 PM

May 2022
Furuhashi1 said:
LordKirkis said:

I am coining this as the in and out method employed here on MAL. Highly effective? maybe but I mostly redirect the conversation if possible.
Sure bro But there will always be An Idiot on every post who just gonna Completely Disagree with you and just Talk non sense just go To Forum Settings and ignore the users so he can't Write Anything on your Forum but there will come Another person like him XD

These MAL streets are always an uphill battle. That said, ill check out my settings later 😂

Remocracy said:
domata said:
Still managed to waste your energy clicking this thread, clicking the reply button and typing out that bullshit

That he did. Its a weird flex I think.

By god... your Spy X Family wallpaper is perfection. 0___0
LordKirkisJun 27, 2022 7:22 PM
Jun 27, 2022 7:20 PM

Sep 2021
LordKirkis said:
Furuhashi1 said:

These MAL streets are always an uphill battle. That said, ill check out my settings later 😂
These MAL streets now days are Fucked up 😂
Jun 27, 2022 7:37 PM

May 2021
Dont u know that there is review option on this platform?
U could just mention your review here,and the interested would talk.
Jun 27, 2022 7:53 PM
Jan 2021
I disliked this anime. No... I actually hate this anime, I'd argue. But after looking at your replies to the others, you have my respect. You handled angry comments unlike many MAL users. I respect you so much, man. You sir, have a good day!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.