Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2022 10:50 AM

Jul 2021
I've almost completed Shippuden and still I don't understand why people hate on Sakura, I've seen people hate on Sakura on not only MAL but Reddit, YT, Insta even my friends who have watched Naruto hate on her. People used to call her useless and I agreed with them until I saw Sakura become a medical ninja and become useful. What are your reasons for hating Sakura?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 25, 2022 10:58 AM
Dec 2020
it’s embarrassing that you can’t see it.
Jun 25, 2022 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
directedbyjj said:

Yes I agree with that
Jun 25, 2022 11:02 AM
Mar 2021
I guess bc she was really annoying and useless in Naruto and continued being mostly annoying in Shippūden, idk it just took so long for her to actually become something not so annoying? That I do not care for her now at all? If that makes sense to you. It’s cool she got some nice stuff for her own though.
Jun 25, 2022 11:02 AM
Sep 2021
it's kinda a TREND and all that stuff aside,she SUCKS
Jun 25, 2022 11:06 AM
May 2022
Dude seriously? watch Naruto u will know 😐.

Jun 25, 2022 11:08 AM

Jan 2021
She was a bitchy brat in OG, and continued to simp for a guy who LITERALLY tried to kill her in Shippuden.
The 'useless' hate train is definitely a part of it, but I totally see why somebody would be turned off by her character.
Jun 25, 2022 11:09 AM
Jul 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
I've almost completed Shippuden and still I don't understand why people hate on Sakura, I've seen people hate on Sakura on not only MAL but Reddit, YT, Insta even my friends who have watched Naruto hate on her. People used to call her useless and I agreed with them until I saw Sakura become a medical ninja and become useful. What are your reasons for hating Sakura?

Mostly people find her annoying and she’s always simping on Sasuke. They also say she’s useless but it’s mostly just her being annoying and a simp since Sakura isn’t all that useless anymore.
Jun 25, 2022 11:09 AM
Mar 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:

Because she is evil and killed tsunade DONT BELIEVE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS THIS IS THE ONLY TRUTH. Only 1000000 iq people noticed this.

jk she is just an annoying character honestly how did u not see it already lol
Jun 25, 2022 11:12 AM

Jun 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:

Naruto fanbase is dumb...good for you that you understood her character. Don't try to make Naruto fans understand that they're the dumbest fanbase I've come across so far in any fictional media. She isn't useless in Shippuden at all,being a simp isn't even a reason coz by that logic Hinata seemed to be more concentrated on simping unlike Sakura who improved herself and worked for a goal to become stronger. And she was annoying only in og Naruto if ppl are that much bothered about a 12 yr old kid being annoying then I pray for their future kids. That's it. She had really good development and is actually one of the rare good female characters of the show. It's just a trend to hate on her,I found almost zero justified points to hate her. Ofc she isn't that great a character Naruto has a weak female cast but she isn't bad
roxy_kouhaiJun 25, 2022 11:17 AM
Jun 25, 2022 11:12 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
umm why don't you HATE Sakura? i am interested in that

i adore you, can't you see, you're meant for me?
summer's hot but i've been cold without you ୨★୧
Jun 25, 2022 11:17 AM
May 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
hear me out all these answers are just bullshit i gotchu
First let me give you my credentials
I watched all narutao shit 7x and spent half of my life arguing over shikadog is stronger than madara and that sakura is not flat
So im probably your best bet
See first you gotta understand the psychology behind it
In such cases when hate it greatly shown toward a stuff it usually represents hatred but in some very specific cases it means something not even close to that
It represents- bro im tired sakura is just mid- just go sleep bruh you’ll wake up without worrying and happy life
Ignorance is a bless
Jun 25, 2022 11:22 AM
Mar 2021
Cuz she is Sakura duh ?
Jun 25, 2022 11:24 AM
Nov 2019
useless bitch has too much screen time. ofc ppl are gonna hate her
Jun 25, 2022 11:26 AM
Oct 2020
directedbyjj said:

Yup (yup yup yup yup)
Jun 25, 2022 11:27 AM
May 2021
Galacticarnav said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

Because she is evil and killed tsunade DONT BELIEVE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS THIS IS THE ONLY TRUTH. Only 1000000 iq people noticed this.

jk she is just an annoying character honestly how did u not see it already lol

Bro exactly
This community just feels stupid how can they not notice such small thing man
Poor tsunade
All because of her tsunade got a nerf😔
Jun 25, 2022 11:28 AM
Jan 2022
I think the reason her behavior or attitude towards naruto in the og naruto series because she always talk shit about him that time and always praises sasuke over him. Even in the gaara vs naruto fight naruto saved hair life but she goes to sasuke and thanks him. That's some fucked up shit. But I think from the second half of shippuden her character started to kind of develop and she started respecting naruto and I think in the boruto series her character is nice.
Jun 25, 2022 11:34 AM
May 2022
the reason why i hate sakura

-first = because he is the one who always cares about sasuke who doesn't care about her

-second = because she is only always a burden to naruto

even though I only have two reasons
but i really hate sakura>~<
Jun 25, 2022 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
"Sakura being useless" is an overstatement.
She simply underperforms in comparison to Naruto and Sasuke, despite being part of main trio, which is understandable, because she is not a reincarnation of Otsutsuki, does not have any talent, dojutsu or Tailed Beast sealed inside her.
She was still taught by one of legendary Sannin and was taught well tho. She excels as healer and her chakra control is phenomenal, which actually makes her one of the strongest shinobi in her generation.

The main problem is her being completely one dimensional and having little to no character development throughout the story.
She is introduced as an annoying simp and is abusive towards Naruto for comic relief and she remains as it throughout the most of the story.

After her fake confession towards Naruto hating on her became mainstream.
That scene perfectly displayed how straight up vile and manipulative she is and how little she grew compared to Naruto.
She still thought Naruto has this childish crush on her and will easily sway him to give up on Sasuke, not realising he is no longer doing this for her.
And yes, she literally gave up on Sasuke and tired to kill him.

Thankfully, Sarada is everything Sakura failed to be, but Boruto is sadly "meh".
PiromyslJun 25, 2022 1:40 PM

Jun 25, 2022 11:39 AM

Jun 2022
This is the first time I've come across someone who doesn't hate Sakura.
Jun 25, 2022 11:46 AM

Nov 2021
Well i don't hate or like her, cause i never focused on her, she is more of the side characters than the side characters are (atleast for me)
but as for the hate, its for kid Sakura, for abusing Naruto for being parentless (yeah she was telling it to Sasuke while enjoying about talking it, although Sasuke responded it with correctly, which i liked about him) and also for being mid, useless or whatever.
Her character may have improved later in great ninja war or maybe in boruto but it took so long, which is the reason most of the people don't like her, like hating on someone for so long and suddenly u can't change opinion cause she started helping with her medical ninjutsu etc....
itsrj20Jun 25, 2022 11:51 AM

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 25, 2022 11:47 AM
Aug 2020
They literally can’t see past her 12 yr old mistakes ppl’s only excuse is bc she’s annoying
Jun 25, 2022 11:52 AM
Sep 2021
directedbyjj said:

agreed he's still kid will learn how to hate trash can soon
Jun 25, 2022 11:54 AM
May 2017
TsutanaiFuun said:

The thing is, it's not about her being useless, it's more about her being not a good character. Simping Sasuke even after he treated her like shit, treating Naruto like punching bag every other second, and other stupid things like saying 'I love you' to Naruto that one time... it's just her character was not well written, not well devloped enough for a heroine of the show.

If she was some side character like tenten, I guess no one had hated her.
Jun 25, 2022 12:00 PM

Jun 2021
she's been for the most part too annoying, simp & burden to be in the main character Trio of team 7 when so many other sensible female characters (who can REALLY fight ) are not paid much attention to, for eg. Temari, Ino,tenten,Hinata, etc
Jun 25, 2022 12:06 PM
Jun 2021
cause she don’t do anything while being a main character???
Jun 25, 2022 12:07 PM
Jul 2021
No one going to mention how horrible he characters writing was especially when she told naruto she loved him so he wouldn't go after sasuke she's an annoying, shallow lifeless character who undergoes very little change always being the annoying character only for her to become a stay at home mom lol
Jun 25, 2022 12:13 PM
Apr 2021
people just think it's funny or trendy to hate on her i guess. in OG naruto she was kinda annoying at first, i must admit, but there are so many worse characters out there? poor sakura :/
Jun 25, 2022 12:21 PM
Aug 2021
Sorry in advance for the long-ass rant.

I don’t think she’s useless, unlike a lot of people. Well, maybe she was in og Naruto, but in Shippuden she was literally one of the strongest shinobi. So not useless.

HOWEVER, I dislike her because she’s annoying and generally just a poorly written character.

First off, her annoying aspects. Obviously in the og series, she was an annoying brat who literally made fun of a kid for being an orphan, in front of another orphan. She did many more things, but it would take too long to list them all out. But it should be fairly obvious to anyone who watched the show.

She did improve in Shippuden though, and I actually started to kinda like her during the first few arcs. She wasn’t great, but decent enough. But then we get to the parts where she’s not only a bitch to Naruto, but also tries to emotionally manipulate him. Those few scenes were enough to make me thoroughly dislike her again.

Now for her character motivation. Her main motivation is saving her childhood crush who she liked for no good reason. Not to mention how he never gave her an ounce of attention. And yet Sasuke is practically all that she focuses on the entire time, despite him not giving a rat’s ass about her, and her not having a legitimate reason to truly care for him.

And her obsession with the dude at times caused her to emotionally (and physically) harm Naruto, who was someone she ACTUALLY should’ve cared about. Not saying she needs to fall head over heals in love with him or anything, but at least treat him a bit better. I get that he was hyperactive and immature, but… on the other hand, Sasuke was a psychopathic murderer… all I’m saying is she needed to get her priorities straight. And I know, they tried to make it clear multiple times that was just the type of relationship that Naruto and Sakura had, but that was just a poorly written excuse made to defend a poorly written character, and most people could see right through it.

And finally, Team Seven:

Naruto was an orphan who was shunned all his life, and all he ever wanted was to be accepted.

Sasuke watched as his own brother brutally murdered his parents and entire clan.

Kakashi lost everyone that he ever held dear, and felt partially responsible for each and every death.

And Sakura… her crush who didn’t care about her left the village, and now she’s really sad… see how stupid it is in comparison? Not to mention that while she does become strong, her powers make her into a literal carbon-copy of Tsunade, except without any semblance of an interesting backstory.

So overall, it just doesn’t feel like there was any love put into the character.

Although I will concede, I do like her in what little I’ve seen of Boruto. She’s actually kinda badass in that show.
Jun 25, 2022 12:28 PM
Jun 2022
directedbyjj said:

Bro you are on point with that one
Jun 25, 2022 12:35 PM

Sep 2020
She is just a very poorly written character, just like most of the female cast in Naruto. As a character herself, shes just very annoying and petty.

Jun 25, 2022 12:41 PM
Feb 2022
it's because there's not a single thing to like about her
Sakura is annoying and useless at least for me all she can do is simp on Sasuke
she is absolute trash
Jun 25, 2022 12:48 PM
Dec 2021
All the times Naruto had saved her and still useless I’m battle, during the pain attack all she did was scream his name. She never thanks him she just simps for the guy who had tried killing her
Jun 25, 2022 12:51 PM
Dec 2021
coz she is a pain in the ass
Jun 25, 2022 12:56 PM
Apr 2020
because she is useless.
Jun 25, 2022 12:59 PM
Sep 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

Naruto fanbase is dumb...good for you that you understood her character. Don't try to make Naruto fans understand that they're the dumbest fanbase I've come across so far in any fictional media. She isn't useless in Shippuden at all,being a simp isn't even a reason coz by that logic Hinata seemed to be more concentrated on simping unlike Sakura who improved herself and worked for a goal to become stronger. And she was annoying only in og Naruto if ppl are that much bothered about a 12 yr old kid being annoying then I pray for their future kids. That's it. She had really good development and is actually one of the rare good female characters of the show. It's just a trend to hate on her,I found almost zero justified points to hate her. Ofc she isn't that great a character Naruto has a weak female cast but she isn't bad

bruh whatever she used her anti 106 jutsu on sundae in boruto
Jun 25, 2022 1:14 PM
Apr 2022
She’s hated cuz she is a crybaby useless simp. She is useless in the sense that she can’t do anything, Naruto and Sasuke both get stronger and overcome their obstacles and their develope(mostly). Meanwhile Sakura doesn’t do anything except cry. I started to like her at the beginning of Shippuden, cuz she kicked ass in the first arc but as soon as she sees Sasuke she reverts back to that pitiful self. She also treats Naruto like shit and makes him feel guilty for Sasuke because she can’t help but feel depressed that he’s gone, even though he left on his own terms.
Jun 25, 2022 1:24 PM
Jan 2021
LS_07 said:

Smart man with a smart response
Jun 25, 2022 1:28 PM
May 2022
Bowlinator said:
LS_07 said:

Smart man with a smart response

sarcasm bruh 😐

Jun 25, 2022 2:48 PM
Aug 2021
what typa question is this 💀
Jun 25, 2022 2:54 PM

Aug 2019
If you've seen the anime then you really shouldn't be asking this because the question is answered simply by observing her character. She was a weak liability at the start who used to pick on Naruto and had an annoying stalker crush on Sasuke, who barely noticed her. While she did eventually get a role as a medic, her healing powers were among some of the most redundant since Naruto already had healing powers himself due to Kurama, and only minor characters benefited from Sakura healing them 90% of the time. Then there's the fact that she almost got murdered by Sasuke and still ended up having his kid despite him being a terrible person that anyone with a working brain would've avoided.

Jun 25, 2022 3:17 PM
Feb 2020
Because feminists think its reasonable for women to do any fighting when it makes no sense, so Kishimoto relegated her to an irrelevant role cause despite how goof the Sasori arc was, Sakura was boring in fights. sges a medical nin and female. she shouldn't befront lines, shes just a supporting character. that's why people dont like her, cause they think she is a central character since she was in team 7. Sakura was never relevant to the plot, shes a women. no women wpuld be relevant in a rivalry between two men lol Kishimoto is a genius who writes near perfect themes and people cant stand it cause they dont relate to Naruto or Sasuke cause they have Low T energy.
Jun 25, 2022 3:18 PM
Feb 2020
INSANELYWP said:
cause she don’t do anything while being a main character???

Sakura is not a main character, its a fighting manga. She is as relevant as bulma, botan, or Rukia. There is no place for women on the battlefield or in war.
Jun 25, 2022 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
I just don't care for her character. I never understood her obsession with Sasuke. Which, I know a lot of people are going to come to her defense and say that Naruto was more obsessed with Sasuke. But he just had a close bond with him as a teammate and rival. Whereas Sakura went through a whole love confession begging for his D and Sasuke just turned around, smirked, and basically said he didn't care. He never expressed any romantic interest in Sakura and was annoyed by the fact that she never really understood him and Naruto's situation as orphans. She didn't get to know him on a personal level at all and was only attracted to him by how talented and mysterious he was. It was even more stupid that she tried to criticize characters like Naruto for how clumsy he was. But yet, Sasuke looked at him as more valuable than her.

Even though I will admit that Sakura improved in her attitude towards Naruto, I feel like she should have let her feelings towards Sasuke go. It's contradictory how fans of hers want to project her as a badass female character in though compared to others, but ignore the fact that she simps for a guy who had no respect for her. I can appreciate how Sakura grew in usefulness with her physical and medical training. But her biggest moment of relevance to the story was her fight with Sasori. I have nothing against her as a healer. But to be honest, what makes her more special than any other healers in Naruto or anime in general? I honestly thought Tsunade was a better female character than her. She had historical relevance as one of The Legendary Sannin and she became Hokage. Sakura didn't really make a big name for herself and simply was a shadow of her teacher.
Jun 25, 2022 3:27 PM
Feb 2022
because she not have brain.
Jun 25, 2022 3:45 PM
May 2021
People hate pts Sakura

Shippuden Sakura is cool tbh
Jun 25, 2022 3:50 PM
Jul 2021
Well the reason people hate her is because she was hella annoying and a brat in og naruto and she was a bitch to naruto (in og naruto). People also call her useless but to me she really isn’t that useless as people call her.
Jun 25, 2022 4:39 PM

Apr 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:

I'm mostly in the same boat as you, but I can understand why people might see her as useless and/or annoying. Kishimoto really doesn't know how to write women all too well, and Sakura's garbage progression as a character (among others) is just the tip of the iceberg in that regard. Think about it like this- she started as a Sasuke fan that completely broke ties with her best friend because she thought that wooing Sasuke would prove her better than what many made her out to be. In that dogged purpose she proved inadequate because she spent more time being a fangirl than actually improving herself. By the time Sasuke left and she decided to improve herself, she was already hated by a majority of the Fandom, but Shippuden was her shot at redemption. Then Kishimoto completely trashed her turn around because, whoopee fuckin doo, she's still obsessed with Sasuke and she completely fucks with Naruto in the land of Iron (the last straw).
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Jun 25, 2022 5:17 PM
Apr 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:

I think ppl call her useless cuz she was introduced as useless. But they aren’t wrong for insulting her like that. She entirely
Jun 25, 2022 5:28 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
"Sakura being useless" is an overstatement.
She simply underperforms in comparison to Naruto and Sasuke, despite being part of main trio, which is understandable, because she is not a reincarnation of Otsutsuki, does not have any talent, dojutsu or Tailed Beast sealed inside her.
She was still taught by one of legendary Sannin and was taught well tho. She excels as healer and her chakra control is phenomenal, which actually makes her one of the strongest shinobi in her generation.

The main problem is her being completely one dimensional and having little to no character development throughout the story.
She is introduced as an annoying simp and is abusive towards Naruto for comic relief and she remains as it throughout the most of the story.

After her fake confession towards Naruto hating on her became mainstream.
That scene perfectly displayed how straight up vile and manipulative she is and how little she grew compared to Naruto.
She still thought Naruto has this childish crush on her and will easily sway him to give up on Sasuke, not realising he is no longer doing this for her.
And yes, she literally gave up on Sasuke and tired to kill him.

Thankfully, Sarada is everything Sakura failed to be, but Boruto is sadly "meh".

Probably the most cohesive argument on this topic. Good job and I agree with everything
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

42 by Andromeda567 »»
Apr 17, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.