Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 28, 2022 2:30 PM
Feb 2021
knktzvra said:
Deer69 said:

I'm not reading the manga (yet) nor is spoiling.

But my head just got a wild idea after reading that lol. What if the boy in the picture is Nagi's older brother that Erika wants to meet. just imagine lol

Damn man!

I went to the wiki and saw this

That quote is taken straight from the manga. So it's either a continuity error, or somebody's lying.
Jun 28, 2022 7:42 PM
Feb 2021
what the fuuuuuuuck. That photo was insane. I wish I hadn't clicked on the most recent spoiler tag but my mind is still spinning.

So my theory is that the rich dad thought putting Nagi in a different family would shape him into someone better? Which he probably did? I mean their family is amazing. I think Nagi would have grown maladjusted if he was raised by his birthparents.

And so what is tripping me up is the kids in that picture. They look about the same age right? Or does anyone disagree? because if the big bro theory is true it doesn't invalidate anything that's happened in the show.

Erika looks different from the rest of her family so she shouldn't be surprised that her brother looked like Nagi, especially after learning about the switch from birth. I guess she didn't immediately recognize Nagi as her brother so big bro maybe left the family long ago and she'd know Nagi wouldn't be him based on how old he looks. It's kind of strange not to mention him but maybe she was told he was sent away or died. I seriously wouldn't put it past this weirdo father and mother who I'm sure is in on it too.

Adding to the big bro theory, is the dad just insanely bonkers and switched both Nagi and his theoretical big bro up? just Nagi as a baby and big bro as like a kindergartener or something? and Nagi's dad and mom are too busy to take care of their kids and they seem so ridiculously wealthy that they might consider something ridiculous like have their biological kids raised by awesome families?

I think it would be easy for Erika's family to want to do a baby swap if it mean she would have a much easier life. But they seem too earnest, hard headed, and strong to have done something like that.

Fuck, my comrades. this shit is coockoo as fuck
Jun 28, 2022 7:52 PM
Feb 2021
oh oh sorry for double posting. but maybe theoretical big bro was sent away for school at some elite academy or to a foreign country. This explains why Erika may be trying to find him.

It still basically follows the tenet of the cuckoo eggs metaphor, putting your babies in the care of someone else because that will make them better / stronger than if you raised them yourself.

Except this one would be far more conventional than baby swapping. And this makes the most sense to me because there isn't another sibling in the story that was exchanged for the big bro, as far as we know.

The only other thing I could think of was that he died, but that would still have happened after swapping Nagi and Erika so it's a bit moot, and Erika wouldn't be looking for him if he had died.

yo this anime went from like 10 to 10,000 in just a few seconds
Jun 29, 2022 4:42 AM
Dec 2020
That photo at the end really sparked a whole new set of possibilities-
I think Nagi's father might've done the swapping coz he was a tycoon and he didn't want his son to live a luxurious life and learn the responsibilities the hard way, but I guess it's not that deep
Jun 29, 2022 11:53 AM
Jun 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Lets gooo some more Sachi screen time and development is always appreciated. She had kinda been neglected for the first few eps of the series. Looks like we may be getting a little imouto love triangle too, awesome.

So the final scene confused me a lil bit. What’s Erika’s dad planning? Something very sus about him
im Not Sure if He is planing something but i kinda Feel like since He is refering to the egg that switching the Babys was Not a mistake by someone
Jun 29, 2022 6:12 PM

Jan 2022
THE PICTURE??????? I wish Sachi talked about what she doesn't like about the relationship.
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 29, 2022 11:39 PM
Feb 2021
So erika and nagi are actually blood related or i missed the whole point of the last scene?
To be honesti have no idea what egss of cuckoos are and when i saw erika and nagi in same picture i just didnt understand whats going on im very confused ngl.

Any one care to explain whats the idea bh it lol?
Jun 29, 2022 11:41 PM

Aug 2017
Hmm ok now I think Sachi is best and hottest girl. I don't like social media addict Erika.

MC should be with all 3 girls. Or at least the 2 sisters, nothing wrong with that.

I haven't seen a 24 episode show in a while, curious to see what happens here.

I don't understand the picture. I just want more harem always.
Jul 1, 2022 3:58 AM

Jun 2019
__MoRaX__ said:
So erika and nagi are actually blood related or i missed the whole point of the last scene?
To be honesti have no idea what egss of cuckoos are and when i saw erika and nagi in same picture i just didnt understand whats going on im very confused ngl.

Maybe that guy in the picture is Nagi's brother, he might be the one Erika is looking for.
lettuce<3
Jul 1, 2022 4:00 AM
Feb 2021
Accelise_ said:
__MoRaX__ said:

Maybe that guy in the picture is Nagi's brother, he might be the one Erika is looking for.
you see i find it hard to believe tho
Jul 1, 2022 6:26 AM
Apr 2018
Before I watched this episode I was about to drop this anime after I noticed that it will get 24 episodes and my favored ship (with Hina) wont set sail (I dont want him to end up with Erika or Sachi).

But the last scene with the father helped me not to lose interest. Hopefully there is an interesting story about this picture and the Cuckoo egg.
Jul 2, 2022 7:16 AM

May 2020
That last scene really did pique the interest of many and may well has made this a bit interesting lol. Though i can just wonder for how long people will stay affirmed with this opinion of theirs.
Jul 3, 2022 3:45 PM
May 2020
just a mild case of siblings fighting. or just a very weird one in this case
Jul 20, 2022 11:02 AM

Oct 2017
The first half with Nagi x Sachi and second half with Nagi x Erika were both sweet. That photo at the end though.
Jul 21, 2022 11:42 PM

Jul 2021
Damn what was that picture at the end

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 1, 2022 11:56 PM

Aug 2018
Mother's Day. Sachi wanted to buy a gift for his mother and went with Nagi, it was a nice gift.
Erika's "father" wanted to see her but she didn't want to and went with Nagi to another place. And her father met Sachi, and she told him about how the two of them are doing. Good chapter.
The final scene...they had known each other before?!

Sep 4, 2022 5:17 AM

Feb 2020
The Mother's Day gift chapter was one of the best in the manga, so far. Revealing what Sachi truly desires so blatantly.

Also, the Amano father mysterious conversation in the end. So far, even we manga readers don't have a clue what he's up to.
Of course one can speculate that it's all an elaborate scheme to set off his two sons with brides, but that's crazy. Does imply that he replaced them as babies on purpose.
Sep 25, 2022 1:29 PM

Sep 2020
The last part gave me chills, so the initial setup may be a conspiracy?
Oct 24, 2022 3:40 AM

Sep 2012
CarbonMD said:

I don't understand the picture. I just want more harem always.

__MoRaX__ said:
Accelise_ said:

you see i find it hard to believe tho

TsutanaiFuun said:
Damn what was that picture at the end

takamono said:
The last part gave me chills, so the initial setup may be a conspiracy?

Sysny said:
Before I watched this episode I was about to drop this anime after I noticed that it will get 24 episodes and my favored ship (with Hina) wont set sail (I dont want him to end up with Erika or Sachi).

But the last scene with the father helped me not to lose interest. Hopefully there is an interesting story about this picture and the Cuckoo egg.

all is not set in stone but its complicated, cause it has few details that hasn't happened yet i put it in spoiler dag

Sugram22Oct 24, 2022 4:09 AM
Nov 23, 2022 8:18 AM
Jan 2022
Forgettable episode guys sorry guys its true
Dec 4, 2022 10:57 AM

Jul 2022
huh?? what the fuck?
Dec 25, 2022 3:34 AM

Sep 2019
Compensated dating let's gooo!!!
C6R5 Raiden
Feb 22, 2023 6:42 PM
Dec 2022
qaasdadadasdasdasdassadasdsadadadadadsaddasdasdadadsadasdssdgfdcfgsdgsdfdsfsdgdfgsfs
Apr 3, 2023 2:23 AM

May 2018
Yooooo, now that's some interesting twist.

Jul 31, 2023 8:14 AM

Jul 2012
"Sasuga ore no imouto"
Imouto zoned 😂
But on the other side, the anee is supporting her lilsis to marry (replace) her..
What the..
At some point eventually she will realized that she liked him.. I guess..
Wtf with the last scene, is that their childhood photo!?
Something is wrong with her parents, is she from mother who married again to this rich papa!?

Oct 5, 2023 11:29 AM

Mar 2017
WHY? Why did things have to shift to incest-ness vibes with Sachi & Nagi?!

They may not be blood related but how could she ever be able to see a boy who was raised with her as her brother in a romantic way?!

Things were so good with the whole close sibling thing too *sigh*
Oct 21, 2023 5:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ayo Sachi appreciation episode. I kindly appreciate this since y'know she have no chance to the competition, so why not having her a little screentime to feels good with her onii, right? Not that its a good thing but still its pretty much appreciated.

Tho Erika dad and Umino biological father really do be susge this time. He seems aware of the whole swapped thing after seeing those photo. Not to mention he also the one aggree such a deal with the engagement. He even recruit Sachi as his informant now kek. That's how Erika hate his guts, and must be related to what she's looking for with the inusta thingy.

Now i can slightly understand the problem, even if its still too early...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

8 by Mainblocks »»
Apr 17, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2022

72 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

129 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:31 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 6

5 by baymaxemon »»
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

45 by claymorwan »»
Mar 5, 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.