Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 24, 2022 10:53 AM
Aug 2020
This is definitely one of the best seasons yet. I didn't really see the ending coming, and I love that they're exploring Kurumi's past and they're slowly revealing everything about her. I'm really happy that s5 is in production because that ending was a massive cliffhanger. Makes me wanna read the LN just to read ahead.
Jun 24, 2022 10:55 AM

Sep 2020
So happy that there's a s5, and the one the most important plot in the series has been revealed!!
Jun 24, 2022 11:10 AM
Jan 2020
Interestingly, the author had planned 13 volumes ahead with the Vav ability. Like what? Remember the first season when Kotori missed and shot Kurumi's clock instead? That's some awesome planning but we have seen this instance with Origami in the very first episode when Shido said he didn't recognize her. Truly impressive

Not related but I kinda feel it created a sort of barrier between the fillers and the plot. For example, we have important Spirits like Tohka, Origami, Kotori, Kurumi whom had been carefully planned by the author. On the other hand, we have filler Spirits like Yoshino, the Yamai twins, Miku, Natsumi. They are there to be fillers or for plot development. Even Nia was somewhat a filler Spirit as she was there for Ike to obtain new power because, after that, she was barely present in the anime. I mean, I don't dislike the Spirits, my favorite being Miku, but it's something that is very noticable.
Jun 24, 2022 11:16 AM
Jan 2020
Silent_Shadow05 said:
We did it bois. Date A Live V is confirmed. Road to full adaptation let's f***ing go!

This season, they stopped with the spirits getting naked upon being sealed by Shido but having Kurumi take it all off for Shido more than made up for it. This should have led to seggs.

Earlier, when Nia was talking about Kurumi wanting to kill the original spirit, the camera angles were suspiciously focusing on Reine. Now we know why.

See y'all on season 5.

No! What a dark age when Spirits stop being naked after the kiss
Jun 24, 2022 11:42 AM

Jan 2021
I was already suspicious of Reine after last week, and it looks like my suspicions were confirmed this week. That was a really big cliffhanger, and I'm glad season 5 is in production already.

This season definitely surprised me though because I watched the first three seasons really late and didn't enjoy them that much. I never thought the day would come when I say "I want more Date A Live!"

They better not miss the opportunity to brand season five like this: Date A LiVe

Also, I think I'm finally on the Kurumi bandwagon

Jun 24, 2022 12:07 PM
May 2022
Now it's my time to save her 😩 oh god I can't wait for season 5 . I hope we get an announcement of season 5 as soon as possible may be this year I'm damm sure guyz 😃
Jun 24, 2022 12:10 PM
May 2021
Holy shit the twist in this episode goddam 🔥🔥 , This arc made season 4 the best one out of other 3. Solid 9/10 from me. Let's hooo season 5 announced too!
Jun 24, 2022 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
Besto season for sure! can't w8 for S5, hope they keep up the quality.
Jun 24, 2022 12:32 PM
Sep 2017
God damn it, poor girl is part of Okabe, Homura and Subaru'gang 😭😭
Jun 24, 2022 12:40 PM
Sep 2021
May I ask a question?

Q1: Why kurumi need 6th bullet in order to help shido ( because I feel like she is desperated )?
Doesn't she has 12th bullet that could do the same by send someone back and also retain her memory which is the same as 6th bullet

I watched ss3 a long time ago so I might miss something

Ref: date a live ss3 ep8
OzeNixJun 24, 2022 1:42 PM
Jun 24, 2022 12:44 PM
Jan 2019
THIS GIRL SAVED SHIDO 204 TIMES?!! If she's not the best waifu in this show i dont know who the fuck is. WOW! I am impressed, this Season is amazing!
Jun 24, 2022 12:55 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh boy, that was a good finale! Come to think of it, after reading some of the comments above, the season did hint Reine as being a Spirit, or at least someone suspicious, a few times.

Of course we all knew Kurumi was doing something for a greater cause and seeing that unveiled in full was amazing to watch! It's also interesting to see how she considers herself a villain. Vav ability, to be honest, I don't think I fully got what that was about but it seems like it came in handy just when the doctor ordered. Saving Shido 204 times, that's definitely heavy on the mental side of things. A part of Kurumi's has already been stolen by Shido, can't say I'm too surprised there.

Reine claiming that Kurumi's gone MIA in the end there plus eavesdropping on the conversation gave me slight goosebumps, next season should be fun ~

All in all, the season has gone through ups and downs for me but will remain the best so far. First few episodes featuring Nia were just a treat to watch but then it faltered until this episode to sign it off on a high. Not everyday that we get to see a series obtain 5 seasons for a complete adaption, that's a bonus!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 24, 2022 1:31 PM

Jun 2021
I love all the waifus from Date a Live <3

Season 5 soon please!
Jun 24, 2022 2:02 PM
Apr 2022
i don't understand if geek toys is censored or not

in ep 6 was censored and change bath scens

in ep 12 show kurumi fully naked why ???😭😭

I don't object to this scene as much as I object to the timing.

The episode would have been a complete episode without that scene.

I don't understand why great works are self-destructive.☹😤😤

I was waiting for this episode so much that I was telling my friends that it would be better than the earthquake attack episode of Attack on Titan.

Now I don't want them to see it

if only they censored that scene😭😭

i realy love this show and i hurt when i hear people say that dal is ecci anime that make people think it is a cheap work

Hover i really intersted in this episode and soundtrack of Rine was legndory and in my opinion is best ep in history of animes

if only they censored that scene😭😭
Jun 24, 2022 7:02 PM

Nov 2017
there u go, Even the Best Girls have a tragic past, unfortunately the scene where Kurumi saves Shido 204 times is skipped, I always thought that this would be the best scene in the series. See u guys at Season 5 ~
Jun 24, 2022 7:15 PM

May 2020
NiaAlexandria said:
there u go, Even the Best Girls have a tragic past, unfortunately the scene where Kurumi saves Shido 204 times is skipped, I always thought that this would be the best scene in the series. See u guys at Season 5 ~

They should have dedicated an entire episode of it alone.
& i assure you, it will be great.(My profile pic speaks for itself.)

^^that was my nitpick this entire episode.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 24, 2022 7:32 PM

Jun 2017
Hands down the best season so far, holy shit. Kurumi has real dedication. I think most of us would have took the seggs and just let her kill us. lmao
Also dat cliffhanger. Can't wait for Season 5.
Jun 24, 2022 7:37 PM

Dec 2021
Kinda cliffhanger, but im fine, i take DAL V when its coming, maybe see you again for couple years later
Jun 24, 2022 7:37 PM

Nov 2017
Vu_Qu_Huy said:
Interestingly, the author had planned 13 volumes ahead with the Vav ability. Like what? Remember the first season when Kotori missed and shot Kurumi's clock instead? That's some awesome planning but we have seen this instance with Origami in the very first episode when Shido said he didn't recognize her. Truly impressive

Not related but I kinda feel it created a sort of barrier between the fillers and the plot. For example, we have important Spirits like Tohka, Origami, Kotori, Kurumi whom had been carefully planned by the author. On the other hand, we have filler Spirits like Yoshino, the Yamai twins, Miku, Natsumi. They are there to be fillers or for plot development. Even Nia was somewhat a filler Spirit as she was there for Ike to obtain new power because, after that, she was barely present in the anime. I mean, I don't dislike the Spirits, my favorite being Miku, but it's something that is very noticable.

if u remember correctly the author did this in Season 1 too, when Origami approaching Shido in the first episode, but Shido didn't remember him, this was revealed in the S3 E09 when Shido back to the past to save Origami Parents, well he's actually failed but the timeline in that world keeps running, so this is the reason why Origami remember Shido, but Shido didn't because it's not the Shido that Origami met 5 years ago.
Jun 24, 2022 8:38 PM
Jun 2012
Hot damn I was right!

I actually had Reine pegged as Phantom/Origin near the start of this season. I considered posting my hypothesis, but I was sure enough that I thought it could be seen as a spoiler, even though I've only ever seen the anime. I'm not usually one for chest thumping, but I'm somewhat proud of myself for this one.

What did it was a binge re-watch of all the previously animated material after the 2nd or 3rd ep this season.

First clue was actually the biggest in my mind, even though it could have been a faults flag, I didn't think so.

Half way through of S1 E1, we "see" a mysterious female figure telling Shido that she'll she's happy to see him again, etc. This immediately cuts to the scene with Reine shining a light into Shido's eyes checking for a head injury. At the beginning, I actually didn't connect these 2 scenes as possibly being part of the same scene, with the beginning being with Shido only being partly conscious, but that's still not conclusive.

What hit me was in S3 E9 Phantom transformed into a blond girl puts her hand around Shido's cheek in a way that instantly grabbed me. That's only because I had just watched S1 a couple days ago. :) It's the same way Reine touches Shido when she puts his earpiece in for the first time in S1. The skin tone and lips from S1 E1 also match the image the half conscious Shido sees.

What sealed it for me was near the beginning of the movie. Reine was the only one who knew what was happening with the "bubble in the sky." Even Kotori didn't know what it was, which was unusual as the 2 of them seemed to both have knowledge that everyone else lacked.

Other things I noticed. Out of all the characters on the show Reine is the most mysterious. We know absolutely NOTHING about her. She also doesn't show any emotions. I also recall at the beginning of S1, she fills not 1 cup of coffee with lumps of sugar, but 2! The first looks like her simply not focusing on what she's doing, but the 2nd come off as if she doesn't understand the social/human context of what's supposed to be doing.

Other, other things.

In S2s opening they show Ike with Ellen. Ellen looks absolutely miserable. I don't think she's there because of loyalty to DEM or Ike. In S3's opening both Reine and Kannazuki (2nd in command) are shown with people who have at at least one point worked for "the bad guys." I should also note that we also know nothing about Kannazuki either. How did he know where those beams would hit in the S2 airship battle? Could it all have be planned in advance, or could he be a Spirit too? Either way, Kannazuki is also an odd one who does a lot of things that fly in the face of "normal" behaviour. I even mean normal for THIS show! He seemed to get particular enjoyment (by looking at his face) when he's planning to defeat the other ship, and when he succeeds in doing so. Lastly, Kotori & Reine leaving the ship for such a long time was also a bit odd.

Very last thing I noticed.

1/3 of the way through the S3 ending, we see 2 cuts of the non-spirit characters. There are only that have their backs to the viewer. Reine and Ike. I believe that they will be the final bad guys. I'm actually not sure Ellen will remain an enemy by the end of S5.

Uhhhhh.... I typed a lot when I should have been sleeping. Doh!

Thoughts? :)
Jun 24, 2022 9:11 PM

Sep 2020
You guys can read LN from volume 17
Jun 24, 2022 9:40 PM
Nov 2020
I just wanted to confirm, the younger Kurumi that showed up to talk to Shidou isn’t the old one that the original Kurumi killed then got sent to the other world (the one where she fought white queen and stuff) is it? I never read the LN for DAB so I don’t know if she ever escaped that world or not to see Shidou again (try not to tell me and spoil that though if u can help it).
Jun 24, 2022 10:31 PM

Jul 2014
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck don't end it there! Thank God the announcement of a fifth season came immediately.

Oh so that was happening with that black out and weird dream. But 204 times? Damn, Kurumi truly is best girl. And I was surprised to see Shido being decapitated uncensored, they even showed the decapitated head, Jesus. No wonder the girls went completely crazy in that timeline.

Kurumi in lingerie and naked... fuck yeah! And then blessed tsundere Kurumi.... that was so freaking cute <3.

I think this season made Reine's secret obvious but that didn't make the reveal any less exciting. I wonder what her backstory is and how they are going to defeat her.

At first I was worried that sweet ARMS wasn't doing the OP but they went and did an amazing ED. And the OP was in good hands, great job by Miyu Tomita.

Leaving aside Kurumi who is the best girl in the series, Mukuro was my new best girl this season. I love her design and personality so much to the point of being pretty high on my best girl list. It's amazing how every season, this series never fails to give me new best girls and I think this is probably my favorite group of harem girls.

Anyway, kudos to Geek Toys for a great season 4 and looking forward to season 5.
Jun 24, 2022 11:13 PM

Jul 2012
Like the last arc and still hope one day to see the ending of DAL. Reine always seemed suspicious, interested in what's next obv. Wasn't a fan of the first half, didn't feel like it added much to the story.

Natsumi is still my favourite even with pretty much no appearance.

Overall 7/10 enjoyed the season and waiting for V.
Jun 24, 2022 11:20 PM
Aug 2018
I enjoy every episode, and I'm very happy to see Kurumi often :v, I can't wait for season v
Jun 25, 2022 12:06 AM
Aug 2018
IamMadScientist4 said:
I just wanted to confirm, the younger Kurumi that showed up to talk to Shidou isn’t the old one that the original Kurumi killed then got sent to the other world (the one where she fought white queen and stuff) is it? I never read the LN for DAB so I don’t know if she ever escaped that world or not to see Shidou again (try not to tell me and spoil that though if u can help it).

The younger Kurumi (the one with the eyepatch) was the one that Shido interacted with 5 years in the past during Origami arc in s3. It is not the DAB kurumi clone.
Jun 25, 2022 1:12 AM

Sep 2007
"Endless Eight" returns.Watching the movies helps a lot to understand Kurumi's psyche I must say. I never saw herim as the ultimate villain of the series and this episode confirms her importance in the story.
Otherwise not seen coming this twist concerning Raine.
Now just waiting for the final season.
Jun 25, 2022 1:13 AM

Sep 2010
blackstaicu said:
God damn it, poor girl is part of Okabe, Homura and Subaru'gang 😭😭
I wasn't inclined to group Subaru with them since Subaru is both the character looping and the character dying. Still, I think at least once he died intentionally to restart the loop. There's also that Japanese novel All You Need Is Kill, loosely adapted into the American film Edge Of Tomorrow.

Comparing with Homura... Last episode, Kurumi was basically Mahou Shoujo Tokisaki Kurumi, the way she was working for Mio after being given the power to fight.

Comparing with Steins;Gate... Not sure if this is just a coincidence or not, but one of the devices was named "Future Gadget 204", matching the number of failed timelines before a younger Kurumi let Shido know what was happening.
Jun 25, 2022 2:14 AM
Jan 2022
I really hate Shidou after watching this episode
Jun 25, 2022 3:16 AM

Dec 2014
this is why Kurumi is the only spirit i care about
Jun 25, 2022 3:30 AM
Jun 2017
we have another kurumi's revelation about shido...

and well we have a season 5... lets go
Jun 25, 2022 4:40 AM
Mar 2022
This episode was 🔥I can’t wait for season 5
Jun 25, 2022 5:05 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
@Takata: Then we have Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku koro ni | Higurashi no naku koro ni kai) as part of the same group,
and yeah, she was as down as Okabe.
Jun 25, 2022 6:34 AM

May 2018
Great finale and sets up the next season!

7/10 I love kurumi and she deliver with no disappointment UwU
Jun 25, 2022 7:32 AM

Oct 2018
what a horrible cliffangher, i want to have the next :') Love Kurumi chan <3
Jun 25, 2022 8:14 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
We finally see Kurumi being completly honest and open about it, this is when I really came to see her as my favorite... there is a lot of development for her and to came this far, you just cant not like her or feel sympathy, that heartfelt plea coming from her, devoid of second intentions was just genuinely adorable, that side she was still not being truly honest about her feelings.

But younger clone of her came in just the right time (original Kurumi didnt want to let Shiro know about what was really going on, so he wouldnt pity or misudenstand her).

Still, see the reveal about how shiro should be dead already? It acks impact lacks great direction to make proper usage of it, also shit OST, but the reval of Reine was totally the opposite and how the rest should have been, also, FUCK Reine.

After this episode, you gotta be hopeless if Kurumi still isnt the best girl for you (not there are not other great girls prior), she was trying to play coy but the younger "her" caught her good, giving us the truth of her honest feelings and heart. LONG in the making, either you adored her before or not (her younger persona is way more honest, while her main one still has problems conveying her feelings, but it is obvious), but it is hard to hate her by now, and it was soo sweet to see her blushing, losing her composure agaisnt the younger one's rush of emotions.

Ending it like this is kinda fucked for anime onlies but it is the best option, then again the show could have been split core... but at least we got S5 announced, as expected, there was no other direction they could go for and avoid the hate of the fanbase, this was the way, and hopefully S5 will be Spring next year or something.

Nia's arc final was lackluster in how I envisioned it, and they rushed Mukuro's too much, but the later still had some genuine adorable scenes, since Mukuro herself was so adorable (and that concept of family, YES!!!), but it is clear the start of Kurumi's arc was gonna peak this shit and so it did!

Studios is major improvement from previous, but still cant fully use all the potential of the LN, as in, quite a lot of scenes needed better directing, so gotta be honest about that.

8.6/10 = 9

Jun 25, 2022 8:55 AM

Jun 2021
Wasn't expecting season 4 to end on such an intense cliffhanger but it paved the path for season 5's plot! By far the best episode in this season and one of the top fives in all the other seasons combined! 10/10

It was nice that the last few episodes were heavily Kurumi focused since she's an important part of the story and also best girl ^~^
Jun 25, 2022 8:56 AM

Sep 2011
Damn son what a cliffhanger. Now I am totally anticipating for the next season.

Once again, Kurumi is truly the one who is carrying the show since season 1 and yet until now.

Jun 25, 2022 9:51 AM

Jun 2016
i swear the main point of this show is only in kurumi itself !!

without kurumi this so boring AF !!
Jun 25, 2022 10:17 AM

Nov 2020
man that was an annoying cliffhanger. I hope the next season gets adapted soon
Jun 25, 2022 11:44 AM

May 2015
Hey Shido dont lose your head xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 25, 2022 2:52 PM

Mar 2021
was extremely busy due to me working 6 days a week, but finally have time to discuss. Easily one of if not one of the best anime episodes I have ever seen to date. This hits all the buttons. Shocking reveals, extremely good animation and the cgi was definitely better than the mukuro episodes. I still get goosebumps seeing the show didn't shy from extreme violence. It is shocking how I still get goosebumps seeing shidos severed head
Jun 25, 2022 7:30 PM
Jan 2017
Date A Live concludes its fourth season with yet another fine episode! We finally learn the measures Kurumi is willing to take to *gasp* protect Shido! Yep, you guessed it. She's genuinely in love with our boy and it took her no less than 4 seasons to admit it. Better late than never I guess.

This episode has everything you could ask in a season finale: action, drama, character development and shocking plot twists. With season 5 already confirmed, we can expect some answers about the show's longstanding mysteries, but I just hope the focus remains on the characters because characters are the lifeblood of Date A Live.

Thank you, Date A Live! We'll see each other again in season 5.
Jun 25, 2022 9:20 PM
Nov 2020
NormT said:
IamMadScientist4 said:

The younger Kurumi (the one with the eyepatch) was the one that Shido interacted with 5 years in the past during Origami arc in s3. It is not the DAB kurumi clone.
ohhhh ok got you thanks for the clarification.
Jun 25, 2022 11:50 PM
Mar 2017
Man what a ending to a season. I was wondering if the Kurumi arc was being heavily condensed though as it felt like it was going to have the rest of it in S5 but the reveal even though many things on the wiki/the light novel cover arts spoiled it I have no context still but am so excited.

With the reveal though even though I have had spoilers a few times I am avoiding them to wait for the novels/S5. So I do question. This feels like a double agent or a Star Wars emperor plot. Wants both to happen for some reason. No clue if Shido is Anakin in this type of way even if saving spirits not killing younglings or whatever other connections but still. I know Reine was around the 30 year event and may have chosen Ratasokr but it is still a question of why, what and so on and how things will be more clear/what she was planning with this puppet show and the strings.

The 200 such in words was one thing but the head besides the intro scene. The series has pushed itself as much as the VNs did for 'can we show this ecchi level or this violence?'. I mean for those saying plot armour I mean this episode proves of protagonist is in what state and sure the flames of Kotori's power, the surprise attack, trying to justify power to reverse time to save. Wow. The tension was really there edge of seat levels indeed.

I wonder how the ratings for the DVD/Blu ray releases will be though if it pushes some scenes with certain elements. It isn't Grisaia dark yet but it seems like it could push it.

I found the Young Kurumi and main Kurumi back and forth to be not surpibut got weird. The first scene was like 'what direction is this going' this is main Kurumi being more relaxed even though she only cares for his spirit powers. The middle made sense somewhat but at point was kind of confusing and felt like a Haruhi 15000 they failed kind of thing with the 200 deaths and her wasting her powers. It makes sense but feels a bit odd in some ways. But Kurumi trying not to fall for him/give the wrong idea as her young clones always do.

Yeah I am hyped for S5 but I do wonder how much was cut. I want to see the director's cut as well as the light novel more now to see what wasn't in the anime now. I have them but am more curious then when I was reading the Nia and Mukuro arcs. This is around the Origami arc for me of favourite arcs. They are pretty tied.
Suntanned_Duck2Jun 26, 2022 12:03 AM
Jun 26, 2022 12:05 AM
Jan 2017
so kurumi was loop the time 204x for avoiding shido from his death, time loop the power was very powerfull in every anime, like steinsgate, rezero, higurashi, summertime render, Etc,,
yeahh i dont expect that so many time he dead and how kurumi keep her sanity dong the same thing over and over again,,

and reine is the kurumi target, well i dont suprised in this part cause i always feel something wrong from her, so she come to be enemy , just oke,, and this is the reason why she can sabotage the information between shido and the other spirit,, a good plot twist but not suprised,,

yeah overall its good to be talk without know how kurumi persfectipe, its gonna be like the other anime that i said above, it will be interesting more than just to said in one episode,,
the other season was confirm, so when it get airing,, now i know why people love kurumi so much,,
5/10
Jun 26, 2022 2:50 AM

Oct 2008
nice we now have to wait for S5!
Tokisaki Kurumi in her lingerie was so hot hotter than full nude! lolz
but dam having to witness die someone for 200+ times ouch!
5/5.
8/10.

Jun 26, 2022 4:03 AM
Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Holy shit I wasn’t expecting to see shido decaptitated without censorship. This was a really brutal finale emotionally and physically.

I’m definitely starting to understand why people like Kurumi now. This arc has done a really good job of giving some much needed backstory and development to her character. Loved seeing how bashful she was when her clone told shido how she feels

Nice cliffhanger to leave off on leading up to season 5. Really happy with the job the studio did with this. Looks like DAL finally has a happy home who are committed to the story. Excited for what comes next.

Some here, there wasn't a warning for a brutal scene they pulled one on us, casually showing a beheaded head is just giving goosebumps. I wanted see spirits going all inverse but they just showed destruction and very little on that.
Jun 26, 2022 9:23 AM
Mar 2021
Jun 26, 2022 10:53 AM
Apr 2020
I thought Kurumi wasn't good all this time, but apparently I misjudged she:(
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

84 by AlluringProxima »»
Mar 30, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

121 by AlluringProxima »»
Mar 30, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Who is best for Shido ?

lightning_angad7 - Feb 13

15 by IfIspeak »»
Mar 4, 1:24 PM

Poll: » What are your expectations for season 5?

Lost_Hearts - Feb 5

12 by DEMSpirit »»
Feb 11, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Do you think Shido actually loves the girls in his harem?

Lost_Hearts - Feb 5

7 by JavvyF61 »»
Feb 6, 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.