Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
This was an entertaining finale with almost every relevant character getting some spotlight. Nakanaka was comedy gold in this one.

However, when it all comes back to it, we still have the close bond between Tadano and Komi in the finale. They've really made so many memories throughout this season and the finale gave them one more memory together.

It was a neat way to showcase how both characters have grown throughout the season.

Jul 2017
To be happy even if it was the best obligatory chocolate from Komi, Tadano is very elated, but when his sis Hitomi walks in on him, he gets flustered. But of course, how can he tell his lil' sis that it's Komi that he's interested in?

It's White Day, and for Komi, whether it was Valentine's or otherwise, everyone expects to be giving her chocolate, but for Tadano, it's Friday the 13th, and he can only ask Katai out for lunch due to his nervousness. It's even more of an anxiety attack for Tadano privately delivering chocolate to Komi on the actual day itself, and Mama Shouko is sure welcome to Tadano in their house. Tadano being alone in Komi's room and in the shrivels of small talk with her dad of all people, it's adrenaline running bonkers even for Komi herself in her own untidy room. Instead of chocolate, it's hand cream and candy that she treasures.

Hah, playing flicking erasers in class, and Najimi's 4th-wall commentary only makes it funnier lols. Hah, I love the Street Fighter and Super Smash Bros. reference with Nakanaka and Yamai, and well everyone else being in the playing game of hype that turned into a class tournament. Of course, the result is that Komi wins, and everyone else had fun.

With that, their 1st Year comes to an end, which means that everyone has a possibility of changing class and potentially losing friends in the process. Even so, Komi with her small talk of words, rings about the end of their memorable 1st Year that has spanned both seasons, making friends and having fun with them.

Also, for their 2nd Year together, they'll be in our care as well!

Another great (but a downgrade to very good) season of Komi-san in the books.
KANLen09Jun 23, 2022 6:31 AM

May 2020
Well yeah what better than having your own younger sister acting as a wingwoman, lucky there Tadano. White day is a big event of course, so time to return Komi’s favour and damn Tadano straight up went to Komi’s house… really daring for someone who calls himself a normal person lol. Some priceless interactions in the meantime too.

Can’t believe the animation fell off in the last two episodes, when they just went bonkers in that last segment with an eraser fight of all things lmao. That's the kind of quality we were used to. Though at the same time it brings us to the end of this first year, lots and lots of memories to look back to. Such a great journey it has been, and once again will say all that wait was worth it. They’re together in their second year too<3.
Jun 22, 2022 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Sweet finale to end the season. Loved Komi x Tadano moments. That eraser war thou. Glad Komi and Tadano are together in their second year too.

Another great season of Komi san comes to an end. Next up is second year and it's Komi san at it's peak. Need s3 announcement soon.
MegamiRemJun 23, 2022 5:09 AM
Jun 22, 2022 10:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid finale to conclude what has been a very good two cours from the series!

Tadano's indecisiveness to pay back for the Valentine treat was sweet to watch, he's got too kind of a soul honestly. And (imouto) Tadano-san! Her moments have always been good but this probably takes the throne, xD. She and her swings are just too fast for Tadano to keep up with.

It's hilarious how Tadano failed to give Komi-san the gift but managed to invite Katai-kun for a date dinner outing. Come on, it can't be that difficult, right? It was nice to see the others getting their fair share of chocolates.

Finally, going over to her house to give it in the weekend. Now, that's my boy! Komi-san's parent cameos were on the spot too. She seemed to really like it in the end, that was heartwarming to see!

Flicking eraser game, I just loved the constant change between the intense and silent modes. Najimi's initiative skill is unmatched. Pretty wild commentary to boot, and congratulations to Komi-san for the victory! Classroom goals right there, seeing how everyone participated on such a trivial thing on the last day to make some final memories.

Komi-san and Tadano-kun rewinding their time together throughout the year was touching to see. A lot's certainly happened and it's great to see that they're both in the same class again. Looking forward to their second year next!

All in all, it's been another wonderful season in my records. I'm listening to the ED on repeat now and I don't think it'll stop for a while, xD. Wished for a bit more development between the obvious couple but I suppose that's for a bit later.

8/10 from my side.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 22, 2022 11:08 AM

Jul 2011
Tadano meeting whole Shouko's family, great step taken.

Good to see Ase-san, and more important our gyaru is there too.
Jun 22, 2022 12:24 PM
Mar 2022
What a lovely season……
The character building was just great.
Excited for another season now😊
Jun 22, 2022 12:50 PM

Sep 2021
I mean was a good ending but still as a whole I feel it wasnt a big improvement compared to the last season so still a 7/10
Even saying this I will gladly wait for the 3 season and more for the manga readers because they say that it is the best part of komi san or I may even go to the manga if the 3 season is not announced
Jun 22, 2022 12:53 PM

Jan 2021
Good season concluding episode. Hoped for a love confession but it seems to be too early! maybe in S3 ;)
Jun 22, 2022 4:25 PM

Dec 2013
Damn, now that's more like it, they went all out on the last episode to make up for the previous two, that was a great finale showing all the previous and new friends made, it is unfortunate what happened with the animation but there were a lot of highs for me so I still enjoyed the heck out the season, Season 3 would be amazing and more than welcome.

This show had the ED of the season for me, love FantasticYouth and the visuals were so nice.
Jun 22, 2022 5:25 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
After the last two episodes cutting on animation budget plus not being entertaining nor fulfilling enough I was having my doubts about the finale. Turns out they were saving up for the wholesomeness avalanche that was this one.

From the closer and closer relationship between Tadano and Komi, each was having their own indecisiveness and questioning themselves about what the other might think from a social standpoint. I have been on that side before and can totally relate as to how nervous one might be, more so considering how her family is. This is the kind of stuff that the social anxiety side of the show portrays well aside from the ones in the school which have some issues.

Then we got to the beautifully animated and improvised tournament. That came out of nowhere and yet proved to be one of the highlights to show off how much they can do to escalate a mundane situation Nichijou-style. It served as a way to remember some familiar faces as well, even if what came next did it more explicitly.

Yes, we end with a memory montage focused on what came from this year of school. A slice of life show actually progressing in time? Who would have thought! Whatever, it may have ended in a much closer step forward for our main couple but the classic interruption got in the way. Not to worry though, there'd probably be more in another season, if there is that is.

If that's the case and the studio improves on what was established, I'd be looking forward to watching it. Regarding the comparison between the two current ones, some of the cast which were not grabbing me the good way were put more to the side to focus on the new ones and Komi's divine center of attention didn't stand out as much. If it only weren't for what happened in the last two episodes I'd have scored this higher. Oh well, it is what it is.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 22, 2022 6:19 PM
Jan 2019
Can't wait for season 3 let's gooo!!!
Jun 22, 2022 6:41 PM
Dec 2019
New Character in the end:
2nd year and same class as komi
Ase
Isagi
Manbagi
Totoi
2nd year other class
Emoyama
Sukida lili
Jun 22, 2022 7:23 PM
Apr 2021
for last episode season 2, very nice especially at the end of this episode, flashback 1 year ago. from tadano and komi-san first meet
Jun 22, 2022 8:01 PM

Jul 2021
This is one of the better seasons because there are many new characters who I'm more fond of than the cast who appeared in the 1st season. I'm hoping they don't rush for another season (maybe 3-4 years from now) if they want to produce a chef's kiss animation quality in the future season because I know there are a lot of content in the manga that is left to be desired in adapting it :S
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 23, 2022 12:44 AM
Oct 2020
I'm glad on the final episode of this season the ANIMATION IS BACK TO NORMAL (GOOD) ! :D
Jun 23, 2022 1:57 AM

Dec 2020
Imagine playing with erasers.
All my homies and I played the real shit - Pen Fight.
Jun 23, 2022 2:04 AM

Apr 2020
Same as S1. I thought it was fine.
I do like the new cast of this season more than the ones in S1.
Since you can't give a 6.5 I'll just stay at 6/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 23, 2022 2:22 AM
Oct 2021
It was an absolute banger. I personally found the first season a bit slow at the start but this season picked up almost immediately. Love the bond between Komi-san and Tadano-kun. Everyone was so fucking hilarious. So excited for the next season!
Jun 23, 2022 2:26 AM

Sep 2018
Slightly better than the first season, 7/10. The interactions between everyone were more fun this time around.
Jun 23, 2022 2:35 AM

Nov 2011
OLM really bounced back and said "Yo check this out!"

Freaking fantastic finale! I loved how they brought evey thing they have done back into this episode and I felt with the flashbacks being in the mirror it was very well done. The direction in this episode was awesome.

The white day moment was just perfect.

Also anyone know what song was used when Tadano was in the room with Komi's Dad? I feel like it has some significance to the moment but I forget what the song is called.

Great episode and a great series. They sort of slid a new character in their at the end
but we'll see if we get a season 3. Hoping we do.

10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 23, 2022 2:52 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I'm glad the animation seems to have returned to its top form, after the abomination that was episode 10 and even a bit of episode 11 to a small extent. This looked as good as ever though, and we are treated with a rather epic ERASER battle (although by no means does it surpass the truly legendary RULER battle from Non Non Biyori LOL).

So that wraps up Season 2. Here are some final thoughts coming from someone who wasn't exactly a fan of Season 1: it's better overall. It's more competent, the humour is significantly less obnoxious imo and in turn actually becomes funny at certain times. The first episode of season 1 is still the peak of Komi-san the anime, but season 2 did come with a few more heartfelt moments overall that were scattered throughout. I think I can say comfortably enough that it didn't feel like time spent wasted.

Not much else to say other than I did enjoy it more than S1, and should there be a S3 I still fully intend to watch that as well; in hopes that it should become something more. But if it was at least as good as this season 2 that should make it worth it enough as well. So from me it was a 4/10 for S1, and will be leaving S2 with a 5/10.

I hope the rest of you did enjoy this season. See you around!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 23, 2022 3:29 AM
May 2021
Aww gonna miss komi-san!! Made my Thursdays cant lie!! S3 pending nowww 😮‍💨
Jun 23, 2022 4:09 AM

Jul 2011
Not quite same impact as first season + certain quality issues, but overall similar(ish) Komi feeling as usual <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 23, 2022 4:44 AM
Mar 2022
It was amazing I hope next season come soon
Jun 23, 2022 4:46 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode and great season really looking forward to season 3 whenever it comes
Jun 23, 2022 4:46 AM

Nov 2020
This was an amazing episode, the ending sequence actually made me tear up a bit. The symbolism in the black solitary cat finding another cat combined with Komi deciding to ditch her notebook, muster up the courage and actually greet Tadano with a smile for the first time after a year was just beatiful.

After the dip in quality from the previous episodes, the eraser war was just a pleasure to witness, i also like how Tadano is slowly but surely figuring out and sorting his feelings for Komi.
Jun 23, 2022 5:10 AM

May 2021
Great episode! The eraser fight was very underwhelming lol. Komi and Tadano seem to have gotten closer.

I personally am not a huge Komi fan but I wouldn’t mind a s3!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 23, 2022 5:34 AM
Oct 2019
Season Finale!

thank to Anime God, the Animation Quality are back on their top performance.

White Day shenanigans...

omg the flicking eraser are so EPIC, it become Tournament Arc... lol

they ended it so well, with Komi character development speaking directly to Tadano.

hopefully Season 3 coming in 2023.

8/10
Jun 23, 2022 6:06 AM
Feb 2022
Good Episode! Need more tho
Jun 23, 2022 7:12 AM
May 2021
All i can say is...T T this was such a nice ending.
Jun 23, 2022 7:16 AM
Sep 2020
Does anyone know what chapter after the anime ends
Jun 23, 2022 7:26 AM
Oct 2021
Great final eps. 10/10 for this eps. 9/10 for this season. S3 announcement plsss
Jun 23, 2022 7:36 AM

Sep 2021
definitely a better episode than 10 & 11 animation wise, and a goof way to ending the season, great episode! i had a lot of laugh and tadano is still a mega chad, i cant wait for a season 3 announcement, ive read much more ahead in the manga and im very excited to see it all animated, see you all once the next season is announced! :)
Jun 23, 2022 8:07 AM

Sep 2019
I liked season 2 better than season 1. Nice.

Komi Dad was the real MVP this episode.
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Jun 23, 2022 8:43 AM

Jun 2021
One of the best anime this season, it's sad to see it end but season 3 has been confirmed, so that's something to look forward to.

I can't believe it's been a long time since the first season came out and how everyone's personalities developed ^~^
Jun 23, 2022 9:11 AM

Jun 2021
This Katai-Tadano accidental bromance is hilarious. They’re both very adorable! Katai just looks scary but he’s a big softie. I hope him and Komi can actually become legit friends and not a one-sided “student-master” relationship haha.

It was really cute seeing Tadano this nervous. He’s becoming aware of his feelings. Mama Komi is amazing, I love her meddling. Papa Komi is great too! He’s got the quiet intimidating aura Komi has lol. And the candy! Very nice, Tadano.

The eraser wars part was great. An absolute bloodbath! They lost a few good people that day haha. Ofc Komi wins without trying, classic!

Komi really has grown a lot over the year. She’s made a lot of friends and she’s opened up a lot too! I’m glad she and Tadano became friends. They’re so cute together, I’m just waiting for them to become official.

I sure hope this gets picked up for more seasons. It’s a really good series and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jun 23, 2022 9:19 AM

May 2021
That's a solid finale to S2 and their first year in school. I assume we will get new characters in S3. I hope they're at least as good as Katai, who definitely made the season more enjoyable for me. Yamai remains a massive blot on the anime for me, but at least she's bearable whenever she's paired with Nakanaka.

I also liked the slight romantic development between Komi and Chadano. Its good that their romance isn't being rushed.

Overall, an improvement over S1, from my side at least.

Jun 23, 2022 9:21 AM

May 2021
Man the ending is perfect, with all thats going one. Everyone is here and we reminiscing old episode. Also, definitely can't wait to see them in 2nd years.
Hello everyone, i like Slice of Life and CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Thing) anime.
I'm also like to make a lot of friends online, so feel free to add me as a friend or invite me to a club :)

Jun 23, 2022 9:33 AM
Mar 2015
A fine year for Komi and Tadano A new year begins
Jun 23, 2022 9:37 AM
Mar 2017
a nice closing. So sad that my favorite anime has finished this season. Hopefully this anime can get a season 2.Can't wait to see komi-san make new friends
Jun 23, 2022 9:46 AM

May 2020
pretty good season final

i like this season a lot more than s1

Jun 23, 2022 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
That was a good final episode and overall enjoyable second season, but it's a shame we didn't get to see Manbagi.
Jun 23, 2022 10:23 AM
Mar 2022
Loved it!!! Especially right before the ending ! Tadano heart was racing and the book being upside down, try to play cool with it. LMAO cracked me up
Jun 23, 2022 10:38 AM
May 2019
such a BEAUTIFUL show. 🥰😍 All I can say I had so many wonderful memories and times with it. I'm going to miss them specially komi. well I guess it's time to read the manga and I hope we get season 3 in future 🥰
AiamoonJun 23, 2022 10:44 AM
Jun 23, 2022 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
White Day romance, eraser wars, and reflections on a year gone by to end this second season.

Well I think I actively enjoyed this second season of Komi-san so much more than the first that I'll give it a higher score, 8/10. But why? I've been asking myself that, and I think it probably comes down to the simple fact that I went into much more of this season blind, having only read the first 80ish chapters of the manga. I won't say nothing in this season came from those early chapters because I honestly can't remember for sure, but there was a sense of freshness with these episodes I don't remember having with those from the first season. It helped make the festivities feel more light and enjoyable. I loved all the progression and character introductions and story arcs, couldn't help but think of Watamote during the Kyoto arc. And what a shame it is that that masterpiece will never get a chance to reach that arc in animated form. But I'm rambling. Yes, this was good. I look forward to more.
Jun 23, 2022 10:46 AM
Dec 2021
This is a great episode and a fantastic anime!
Jun 23, 2022 11:11 AM

Nov 2021
Lovely season, an improvement on the first one. The final episode is just perfect
Jun 23, 2022 1:00 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Tadano thinking what he will give Komi to make up for the chocolate given to him by Komi and his sister helps him and he manages to deliver it to her at her house
Jun 23, 2022 1:14 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was fantastic. If only every episode was like this one. Glad to see they wrapped it nicely after the drop in quality of the last few episodes. Nice to see Komi show some progress with her communication disorder, as well.

Good lord

This shot was beautiful.

Solid 7.5 - 8/10. I wouldn't mind more.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

151 by kociamatka »»
Apr 17, 9:14 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Feb 27

7 by nec0_0 »»
Feb 29, 4:23 AM

» Is this anime worth getting into?

Konan_Edogawa_ - Apr 10, 2022

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:48 PM

Poll: » is it even funny? ( 1 2 3 )

TamagoCracker - Apr 15, 2022

109 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Will there be a Season three

Ani-MangaReader - Jun 23, 2022

20 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 22, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.