Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 22, 2022 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
The world now rests on Ireena and Ginny finding the secret sauce of the Demon Lord, while Ard himself faces the wrath head on. But as is the case, they become damsel in distresses, whil Ard has to make a choice to stop the imitation. But there's an outlier: the champion Lydia herself that makes the process easier.

To save or not to save Lydia, it's the hilarious "Spiderman pointing meme" between both Ards for a feud that only beckons one's way or the other to save the champion they know how. And in all, a fight that leaves cliffhangers in its path forming the future they believe to be best, even right until the ending that just continues the story in its own know-how.

What a horrid show, devoid of any personality, even to becoming comprehensible at the last minute that I feel content trashing this shitshow for all it is.
Jun 22, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this was a typical finale with Ard's fight, Lydia's resolve, and the other characters contributing in their own ways. Of course, Ard still had to make a choice himself although I find the whole episode pretty underwhelming. Wish I could've cared more for the story development up to this episode/finale.

Yeah, I think this was an easily forgettable show for ths season.
Jun 22, 2022 5:52 AM
Sep 2021
It was a decent episode for the finale, it was a good ending that made me feel right for this series.
The story with Lydia which the series started with her also ended with her.
There are some blank episodes in the middle and story needed to be improved.
I give his episode 5/10.
And the whole series 4/10.
Jun 22, 2022 5:57 AM

Apr 2014
Censored trash gets a 2/10 from me.

Rushed, censored piece of garbage anime, which turned a below average light novel series to complete pile of shit.

Hopefully it'll never get a second season.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jun 22, 2022 5:59 AM

Jul 2015
not much to say about the anime besides that it was trash, trashy characters, shit plot and meh production values.. Will i watch s2? God i hope S2 never comes..

It was easily 4.5/10 roundabout to 5/10.. the OP/ED were good and some osts felt nice.. otherwise.. what a trash anime..
Jun 22, 2022 6:04 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Latima was working against them! Lydia saved them and hem hairclips really came in good use! Ireena and Ginny tell Lydia that the future is one where everyone can smile.
They all went home!

This was a pretty good show and I enjoyed it a lot! Hope we get a season 2 so we can see more Ginny, Ireena and Ard being OP!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 22, 2022 6:15 AM

Oct 2017
Lydia you'll be missed, I hope there was some way to bring her back but it's not what she wished so oh well.

Alright anime, nothing much to say about it. Liked the first half which was your typical op mc fantasy show but the second half with the time travel was meh.
Jun 22, 2022 7:24 AM

Feb 2019
Well this was certainly one of the worst shows of the season. Coming from me who typically rates any generic fantasy high is saying something.

The time travel arc was def the highlight, glad Lydia survived in that world and Ard finally accepted her passing in his world. Show just fell flat for most of its run.
Jun 22, 2022 7:25 AM

Jun 2021
I kind of wished Ard had a moment with Lydia just to talk. Or even with himself to talk. I kind of feel like he should have told himself to cherish the moments he has with Lydia and not take her for granted. I guess in the end it was kind of inevitable Lydia dies. We still dunno how it happens, could have been old age this time around. They’re not immortal after all. Kind of a bittersweet end.

That fight with Other Ard kind of went how I thought it would. Just the two of them go all super saiyan and duke it out until one overpowers the other. I suppose for an end, it kind of leaves a lot more room for another season if it ever happens but at least it ends with Ard kind of having forgiven himself. Like he’s ready to lay the past to rest and live not as Varvatos but just Ard Meteor y’know?

Anyways, I actually quite liked this series. It wasn’t perfect but it was pretty fun overall. Not sure if this will ever get a second season, but who knows? I never thought I’d get to see another season of In Another World With My Smartphone or Arifureta either, so I guess anything’s possible.
Jun 22, 2022 7:56 AM

Mar 2013
He was seriously friendzoned lmao
Nice story, enjoyable to an extent but not so much like the Mischievous Demon Lord...
But yeah, animation sucked, and so on...

Their hair is so static that it feels weird watching them move, only the supporting characters get to have them to some degree.

Action/Battle scenes were really boring. The plot of kidnapping was appalling.

While I enjoyed the premise and also the characters, this anime didn't do justice to the story.

P.S. I'm expecting better from the manga.
CrazyButNot4UJun 22, 2022 8:12 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 22, 2022 8:58 AM
Sep 2015
Everybody loves Lydia. She made herself pretty clear that she is a lesbian so it'd be rational that Ard was friendzoned by her. But Ard should try selfcest, isn't it nice to hook up with someone that completely understand your pain, your agony? LOL
Jun 22, 2022 10:08 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Ireena and Ginny going to a trap set by Ard's alter ego who really wants to save Lidya but she just wants to see a happy future and already knew about Ard, Ireena and Ginny and send a message to Ard
Jun 22, 2022 10:23 AM

Jul 2008
I'll forget about this anime tomorrow.
5/10
Jun 22, 2022 10:25 AM
Jan 2020
It got a bit decent since the time travel arc, but that's really it.

5/10
Jun 22, 2022 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
And it's over. It was a really fun arc with an ok ending. I guess the point was to accept Lydia's death and move on but I can't help but feel bad for Disaster Rogue after seeing how their last conversation was.

Anyway, overall, I liked it. I watched this for the isekai fun and ecchi and that's what I got. That doesn't mean I don't have my complaints though, especially with the voice acting. Giny's "Miss Ireena" is going to stick in my head for a while haha.

With all that said, Olivia best girl! She is so fucking hot, and whether in the past or present, she knows how to pick her outfits <3.
Jun 22, 2022 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
The final scene with Lydia pushing Ard is such a One Piece thing. I instantly recognized it. There is also a To love ru's Momo thing with the harem too.

Overall didn't hate it like I thought I would, the ep 9-12 definitely salvaged it for me.

Also kinda crazy how what should've been the past. Lydia, Varvatos, 3000 years ago was the most interesting part.

Now I wonder what's next? If any light novel readers reading this, can you spoil it for me?
Jun 22, 2022 11:29 AM
Apr 2021
Started as mid,
had the cliché character building,
i saw a glimpse of hope when they turned back in time and the possibility of Ard explaining his situation to his former,

Then returned to mid,
And ended mid.
Jun 22, 2022 11:31 AM

May 2021
Oh look maybe those pink-haired and white-haired girls will receive some spotlight. In comes Lydia and curbstomps the monsters. Well, never mind then.
1/10

Jun 22, 2022 11:40 AM
Feb 2021
Dude, I just don't understand why Lydia should be dead now. The reason why she died in the first place got resolved a few episodes ago. Man I just don't get it. Makes no sense.
Jun 22, 2022 12:26 PM
Mar 2019
i enjoy a lot with this anime its a pitty i think no more seasons
Jun 22, 2022 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
And so, Ard successfully kills himself and returns to the present, ensuring Lydia is not saved, just as intended. I guess.

What an oddly unnecessary digression into the past these last few episodes were. This show on the whole was pretty strange in regards to layout. The very first episode, in which Ard and Ireena are younger kids and he's trying to make friends with her, was really quite charming. Based off of that episode alone I thought this series had potential. Unfortunately they immediately aged them up and sent them off to a generic school where generic things happened for the following six or seven episodes. Then these last several were this past arc which seemed totally pointless. Literally the episode before this started we already saw Lydia as his sword spirit anyway. I don't read the source manga or light novel or whatnot for this so maybe having this past plot makes more sense knowing what comes next, but based solely off the events of the anime it just felt so random. Honestly the only hint of it was, I suppose in retrospect, the ending theme animation. This series wasn't very good. It wasn't memorable, squandered what little potential it had, and Lydia's sexiness was probably one of the few good things about it. 6/10, and that may be being generous.
Jun 22, 2022 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
This was just as good as Shield Simp
Jun 22, 2022 2:01 PM
Jan 2021
It was a good and fun show to watch until the back to the past arc!!!
Jun 22, 2022 3:47 PM
Oct 2013
The best part of this show is that it ended!
Jun 22, 2022 4:05 PM

Jun 2020
I started this expecting something incredibly painful to watch, but eh it was kinda nice at times. Plenty of generic stuff, but
1-Opening is pretty good
2-Latima and Verda were cute af
3-That one woman with the wolf/dog ears was really cool, wish she got more screentime
4-Dio's VA was in this
5-I think there was more stuff but i forgot lol. Anyway i've seen worse. Maybe i'd watch a 2nd season if it came out just out of curiosity.
Jun 22, 2022 4:20 PM

Nov 2020
Just another one of those rushed series that lacks any and all personality. "Overpowered main male character is accompanied by 2-3 female characters that he trains to be slightly stronger than others, yet they have no personality whatsoever outside of being an awkward love interest."
Jun 22, 2022 4:28 PM
Aug 2020
Hoo! Somehow i survive watching this generic anime. Nobody my ass his parents are a heroes
Jun 22, 2022 4:42 PM
Feb 2020
the first half of the series was pretty meh, the only interesting part was the time traveling bit. even then it wasn't enough to save the series. it's definitely a forgettable anime with no soul. 6/10
Jun 22, 2022 5:50 PM

Dec 2021
At least its proper ending but man, its really boring episode, they spend most of time talk not fight. It supposed to be epic battle but hey how about lets talk about your problem my problem his problem and her problem. 3/10 generic bland and forgettable, its good time wasted
Jun 22, 2022 5:59 PM

Feb 2020
um, well... Wished this arc was like the entire season, cuz tbh this has more weight than anything else that happened in the anime

i remember liking this 1st episode but it was quite disappointing to see it, well, turn into the usual. i really hope this is one of the last of these anime that were on my PTW, cause i really do not want to put up with this type of trash anymore
Jun 22, 2022 6:11 PM

Mar 2016
Worst anime of spring season.
Jun 22, 2022 9:00 PM

Jan 2021
I'm only rating this a 5 because it did start strong and had some good points before turning into a mess, but I may bump it down to a 4.

This show suffered from many things that include, but are not limited to: art/character design (particularly the female characters, excluding Olivia and partilally Lydia), mediocre animation (everything aside from the big magic attacks), and a story that felt so rushed and confused, like it didn't know what it wanted to do. On top of all of this, apparantly it has been heavily censoref from the source material (I have not read it, but based on continuous complaints throughout the season, I see no reason why it wouldn't be true). This may be to try and get more Blu-ray sales, but the original product also has to be worth considering before anyone buys it.

Another complaint I have is how frequent there was so much focus on Ginny and Ireena. I understand that
, but every time they were on screen it was just them fighting about who could get in Ard's pants first, which gets old after the first few times.

Ultimately, if this does get a second season I may still watch it, but I would have to hope it is handled with care so that we don't get the same pile of garbage we have here.

Jun 22, 2022 9:09 PM

Dec 2014
Kinda of a chaotic last episode. I guess if I were to put it into words it would be: the battle of ideals. I wonder if the Lydia of that timeline will truly die just like the version of Ard's and evil Ard did. I mean it would almost certainly need to happen otherwise this last episode would be kinda pointless, but at the same time I guess there are people who wouldn't want that to happen, so in a way it was good that it ended like that.

But yeah as for the anime itself, although it wasn't the best one that I watched this season, I nerver really felt like dropping it, which is already something in itself because some others cannot tell the same story.
Jun 23, 2022 12:23 AM

Aug 2015
the start of the anime was pretty generic but still good, but the dimensional travelling kinda made it chaotic and annoying..
Jun 23, 2022 3:00 AM
Nov 2016
Don't like ending if I say in wards its boring nothing comes out of it to make it interesting
Jun 23, 2022 6:33 AM

May 2018
meh ending to a bad series. Ard fighting Ard was hilarious to watch.

Maybe it would do better if it went the ecchi route

4/10
Jun 23, 2022 7:34 AM
Oct 2019
I honestly don’t know why I finished all 12 episodes. It was pretty bad. The two girls were probably the worst about this anime so anytime they came on screen, I just skipped it which meant I skipped like 80% of the episode. By the end I didn’t really know what was going on but had a rough idea. I should’ve listened to myself when I said to drop it.
Jun 23, 2022 8:34 AM

Oct 2008
evaw said:
Worst anime of spring season.

yeah...one of the few shows that are forgettable...
2/5.
4/10.

Jun 23, 2022 10:38 AM
Dec 2021
This is a good anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 23, 2022 10:54 AM

Jan 2020
This was probably the worst series of the season for me. Lydia and Sylphy were so annoying, and Ard/Demon Lord wasn’t interesting at all. I hope next season’s isekai anime aren’t this bad. I’m looking forward to Black Summoner because of its manga adaptation and great mc, but the CGI has me worried
Jun 23, 2022 8:52 PM

Oct 2015
Dark Ard's design transformation was too cool.

Lydia is an awesome hero and character. I get why Dark Ard was in love with her. Overall, the other wanted to save her for love and the other wanted to save her because of guilt.

This wasn't that bad. But Japan should ease up on the fantasy demon Lord reincarnation/mini harem trope, it's starting to stale out a bit.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 23, 2022 11:22 PM

Apr 2019
Straight up horrible episode, summarizes pretty good how the show is, the only interesting thing that could have happened is people realizing that Ard is Varvatos but not even past varvatos realizes that, they wasted that opportunity and instead made the show utter garbage, disappointing af
Jun 23, 2022 11:40 PM

Oct 2013
I wanna say this sucked donkey dick, but there are people out there that enjoy sucking donkey dick......but this .....no way anyone could enjoy this travesty!

I hope there is no S2 and if S1 could just get unmade I'd be happy.

So Lidya wanted to die cause she had to kill demons, but then gets mad at the DL for wanting to stop the war and killing demons......oooook....also she says I wanna die and see all the sliming faces, but bitch literally everyone is saying they'll be sad if you die so no no smiling there bitch! Also why does you dying mean a good future lol I'd love it if the future turned to shit because she died.
She just sounds like a whiny bitch too me.

Also not lewd enough! Give me some of these types of battles....
Jun 24, 2022 2:40 AM

Jul 2015
No matter how much the different Ards loves Lydia, they'll always just be best friends.

Overall just another forgettable power fantasy show.

Jun 24, 2022 2:45 AM

Feb 2011
astralkill00 said:

Their hair is so static that it feels weird watching them move, only the supporting characters get to have them to some degree.

THIS.

My goodness the animation on this was as bad as the rest of the show, their hair is literally frozen solid.
the anatomy is everywhere honestly

for once i agree with all of the MAL reviews on this. It was forgettable trash at best, low point of the season for sure.

Ginny's wing..hair.. thing was on god the worst "succubus" feature i've ever seen as well. Absolute trash design

3/10. I'd go lower but I rated Pupa a 2 and it wasn't on that level.

Jun 24, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
The animation is very good but the story is too short and needs more complexity in my opinion.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 24, 2022 2:39 PM
Jan 2021
what a boring ending to a boring show. i only enjoyed one episode out of all twelve of them and it was episode one, the rest of the episodes got me so bored that i started doing homework whilst watching it, in fact i was actually concentrating on my homework more than watching this.

Jun 24, 2022 6:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Surprisingly a perfect end alongside of this abomination. Latima turns out to be a traitor, with such a precious intention. Too bad Lydia cannot let the flow of the fate betray her, and, that's how things end!

I can see how Ardo-kun have some of a leap of a moral lesson with his little time-traveling journey, in this whatever last arc. He couldn't change a past, couldn't make his deepest wish granted, even need to fighting himself in order to remain true to the universe orders. Though a shame he got an embarrassment hearing his own feels. After all, as Lydia said, just enjoy your current life, ex greatest demon lord. As aTyPiCaL NoBoDY. With all that thicc waifu all along. Because that's what this show is about.

Pretty perfect, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 25, 2022 1:50 PM

Sep 2019
I am kinda disappointed of this last episode. Don't get it wrong. This is one of my favourite series but still.. I was waiting for something else to be the ending. But looking forward! Maybe another season will come?
Jun 25, 2022 4:41 PM

Nov 2009
So... Ireena and Ginny..

Has to find and destroy "Older Ard's" soul so that he can be defeated and return history back to normal.

(where bunch of ppls dies, wonder when does Ireena and Ginny die in the "Current/Future" where Younger Ard reincarnated to as said by Older Ard he lost everything dear to him)

As the reason why Old Ard said he plan to do nothing to the girls when he captured them... cause he already know they'll die regardless if the history returns back to normal.

All the while Ireena and Ginny STILL has no idea about what's going on...

___ ___ ___

Lydia on the other hand has some idea of what's going on since everyone keeps on saying it's for her and mentions her "end". So Lydia choose to "die" and destroy Older Ard's soul. Which is also felt by past Ard since it's technically also his soul.

___ ___ ___

Then we got Ard vs Ard battle...

What's interesting here is... the battle armor they put on, are BOTH enchanted with Lydia's soul.. that means there's now also THREE Lydia (soul) in this one past dimension... LOL

Older Ard is all about trying to save Lydia, but even his Older Lydia's soul decided that it's best if she did die and stopped Older Ard so Younger Ard can kill him.

___ ___ ___

And again... Past Ard is still confused at what's happening... LOL (but this is for the best, since if Past Ard knows the truth, he wouldn't have reincarnated.

Then afterwards they return back to the Present just as where they were left off.

Only with their memory intact and the girls gave Ard Lydia's message...

(spoiler for final message)

Which in a way... kinda make it all the sadder that Lydia dies to keep the future unchanged.

___ ___ ___

Now the BIGGEST QUESTION is....

Will Younger/ Current Ard use Older/ Alter Ard's information about "losing everything dear to him" in the current unchanged timeline as their future can still be changed.

That's unless "real God" decide to send ANOTHER FUTURE ARD, to come and KILL CURRENT ARD, so that Ireena and Ginny will still die in the future... LOL

Man... it's tough being Ard... has to kill himself multiple times over and over... so that ppls close to him will also die...

In a way... "real God" is the "real villain" of this series.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2022

75 by LunyRem »»
Feb 14, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2022

58 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 15, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

61 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

37 by bunny_animelover »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:25 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2022

100 by brunoyilli »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.