Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 21, 2022 8:10 PM

May 2022
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
LordKirkis said:

Congratulations! Upon closer inspection of this comment and several others under your account I have concluded that you are as insufferable as they come. Oh but do carry on, I wont keep you! I am sure you keep a very tight schedule what with all the trash talking you have to do! I bet its what keeps you sane and helps you sleep at night!

Friendly reminder to all the sensible folks on this forum; Please do not feed the trolls. Sensible folks you say? I know right.. we actually exist here, crazy huh?
3 post account.
Why do all the shittiest troll members have alts? Perm ban I assume.

And the score of the show has gone down since episode 12 released btw.

Did you just pull a Reverse Uno card on me? This must be the extent of your power, wow I am impressed... ACTUALLY on second thought its not that impressive.

In any case this is where I draw the line; I don't come to this forum to feud or give life lessons to anyone. Good day/night to you. Catch you in the next one if fate deems it necessary.
Jun 21, 2022 8:12 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode.The series has been better than expected.

Echidna and Leo are close now.

Jun 21, 2022 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
LordKirkis said:

In any case this is where I draw the line; I don't come to this forum to feud or give life lessons to anyone. Good day/night to you. Catch you in the next one if fate deems it necessary.

How about you share your opinion on the anime and/or the ending?
Jun 21, 2022 8:25 PM

Feb 2021
Finally, they have a happy ending. I though that He's gonna dead for good and Echidna become a hero XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 21, 2022 9:27 PM

May 2022
puppetmazter said:
LordKirkis said:

How about you share your opinion on the anime and/or the ending?

Well while I am here, sure!

Yuusha Yamemasu was surprisingly entertaining. It didn't have the nicest animation or production value out there, but it made good use of every bit it was given. Character designs (including monsters) were quite interesting and nice to look at; I personally enjoyed Queen Echidna and Steina most. I believe the writing was the strongest part of the show; I found it covered interesting themes and expressed them through the plot and characters convincingly well. There were some parts that did drag and I had hoped mid season I would see the Ex-Hero and the rest of the main cast go on some grand adventure. Unfortunately as we now see that is not what was in store for us with this season. The ending I would say wrapped things up pretty well and leaves me wanting more, which I believe was the desired effect for this production.

Anyone who has issue with the overall story provided, I can say I understand the sentiment... it is after all incomplete. Nevertheless what was given was really well done and I'll simply review what portion could be experienced.

7.8/10 from me.
LordKirkisJun 21, 2022 9:34 PM
Jun 21, 2022 10:07 PM
Mar 2021
He Finally quit heroing for the humans, now hes heroing for the demons.

Cant wait for season 2.
Jun 21, 2022 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
LordKirkis said:
I believe the writing was the strongest part of the show; I found it covered interesting themes and expressed them through the plot and characters convincingly well.

Strong writing? Themes?

Hero helps the Succubus to learn how to delegate tasks.

Helps a kid to understand the meaning of teamwork, and she helps him to be more straight forward.

Helps the assassin to communicate better, so he can interview recruits (which he never does)

Helps the general to manage his expectations.

I mean, its after-school-special level of writing. To each his own I guess
Jun 21, 2022 11:58 PM

Nov 2021
Can't say I didn't expect (and want) him to stay living, but the way they did it was kinda.... anticlimactic? I can understand how he'd convince himself it was impossible to forsake his mission but the revelation that he can just straight up say no to it was pretty quick and didn't make me feel for it too much. That being said, I liked the rest of the episode, it was an ok conclusion overall.
stan megumi fr
Jun 22, 2022 12:21 AM

May 2022
puppetmazter said:
LordKirkis said:
I believe the writing was the strongest part of the show; I found it covered interesting themes and expressed them through the plot and characters convincingly well.

Strong writing? Themes?

Hero helps the Succubus to learn how to delegate tasks.

Helps a kid to understand the meaning of teamwork, and she helps him to be more straight forward.

Helps the assassin to communicate better, so he can interview recruits (which he never does)

Helps the general to manage his expectations.

I mean, its after-school-special level of writing. To each his own I guess

That is to say the plot and the characters turned out to be a lot different than expected, which was refreshing. I didn't go into Yuusha Yamemasu expecting insane levels of writing, nevertheless what was shown surprised me and subverted expectations. What's more what you are framing as "after-school special" is only a small portion of what makes up for the shows writing.. and I do believe you are undermining its virtues.

So for this tier of production and genre of anime I'd say Yuusha Yamemasu earns a 7.8.
LordKirkisJun 22, 2022 1:01 AM
Jun 22, 2022 1:05 AM
Jun 2022
the ending is not as expected... but that's okay I like it
Jun 22, 2022 1:10 AM

Aug 2013
LordKirkis said:

That is to say the plot and the characters turned out to be a lot different than I expected, which was refreshing. I didn't go into Yuusha Yamemasu expecting insane levels of writing, nevertheless what was shown surprised me and subverted expectations. What's more what you are framing as "after-school special" is only a small portion of what makes up for the shows writing.. and I do believe you are undermining its virtues. As you say; to each his own.

Fair enough.
You choose to judge the story on how it fares with your initial expectations and not on its own merits, got it. I just dont see any virtures here..
Jun 22, 2022 1:50 AM

May 2022
puppetmazter said:
LordKirkis said:

That is to say the plot and the characters turned out to be a lot different than I expected, which was refreshing. I didn't go into Yuusha Yamemasu expecting insane levels of writing, nevertheless what was shown surprised me and subverted expectations. What's more what you are framing as "after-school special" is only a small portion of what makes up for the shows writing.. and I do believe you are undermining its virtues. As you say; to each his own.

Fair enough.
You choose to judge the story on how it fares with your initial expectations and not on its own merits, got it. I just dont see any virtures here..

Its both, my initial expectations for the genre and the shows merits which I've stated above already. The cast (main and supporting) are overall likeable and interesting. The plot itself subverted expectations, although it was a bit slow and really we didn't ever get to any meaty parts. Despite all that we did get plenty of back story and characterization along with some world building. Really if the show was given more it could have done quite well beyond what it managed. Lastly I will add that Yuusha Yamemasu is far from a low effort production and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.
LordKirkisJun 22, 2022 1:58 AM
Jun 22, 2022 2:28 AM

Aug 2013
LordKirkis said:

The cast (main and supporting) are overall likeable and interesting. The plot itself subverted expectations, although it was a bit slow and really we didn't ever get to any meaty parts. Despite all that we did get plenty of back story and characterization along with some world building. Really if the show was given more it could have done quite well beyond what it managed. Lastly I will add that Yuusha Yamemasu is far from a low effort production and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Those are just general phrases, you realize that, right?
I mean, you seem to be a smart person, please tell me. What about the main cast was interesting to you? As soon as they spoke for the first time, I knew the exact extend of their "personalities". Im not even kidding, go back to the first episode and check. I dare you tell tell me, that any of the generals or the queen subverted your expectations. They turned out to be exactly the way they appeared to be.

Please. Stop the BS..
Jun 22, 2022 3:11 AM
Jan 2020
A happy ending for this show is a win for me. I like the characters so I want the series to end on a positive note. I don't mind having a season 2 but I think the main point of the story which is to quit heroing has already achieved.

8/10
Jun 22, 2022 4:50 AM

May 2022
puppetmazter said:
LordKirkis said:

The cast (main and supporting) are overall likeable and interesting. The plot itself subverted expectations, although it was a bit slow and really we didn't ever get to any meaty parts. Despite all that we did get plenty of back story and characterization along with some world building. Really if the show was given more it could have done quite well beyond what it managed. Lastly I will add that Yuusha Yamemasu is far from a low effort production and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

I mean, you seem to be a smart person, please tell me. What about the main cast was interesting to you? As soon as they spoke for the first time, I knew the exact extend of their "personalities". Im not even kidding, go back to the first episode and check. I dare you tell tell me, that any of the generals or the queen subverted your expectations. They turned out to be exactly the way they appeared to be.

Please. Stop the BS..

I don't usually go into specifics with anime because most of it involves subtleties and nuances about the look, feel and sound of the show; all very subjective things wouldn't you agree? But since you insist; I enjoyed a good number of character designs like Echidna, Shutina and some of the demons as well. The character interactions were enjoyable with occasional comedic flairs aided by enjoyable voice acting. Besides that the characters also displayed genuine sincerity and empathy for each others which makes them quite likeable. As for subverted expectation... it mostly pertained to the plot direction and the delivery of said plot which was unusual (sometimes too unusual and involving extensive flash backs). Also Leo's background as a character was pretty surprising... I also can't say I expected to relate to Leo in any way, but actually I did. Despite what he is, he came off surprisingly human and relatable. One thing I will say though, Leo's general look is quite boring. I believe if the animation was better he could have been a lot easier on the eyes. Despite that, I think they still managed to make him quite likeable.

This is probably still not specific enough, but hopefully you have a better Idea of why I might consider this show a decent watch overall.
LordKirkisJun 22, 2022 5:11 AM
Jun 22, 2022 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
LordKirkis said:
puppetmazter said:

Please. Stop the BS..

I don't usually go into specifics with anime because most of it involves subtleties and nuances about the look, feel and sound of the show; all very subjective things wouldn't you agree? But since you insist; I enjoyed a good number of character designs like Echidna, Shutina and some of the demons as well. Besides that there were character interactions with enjoyable comedic flairs aided by enjoyable voice acting. As for subverted expectation... it mostly pertained to the plot direction and the delivery of said plot which was unusual (sometimes too unusual and slow tbh). Also Leo's background as a character was pretty surprising... I also can't say I expected to relate to Leo in any way, but actually I did. Despite what he is, he came off surprisingly human and relatable. One thing I will say though, Leo's general look is quite boring. I believe if the animation was better he could have been a lot easier on the eyes. Despite that, I think they still managed to make him quite likeable.

This is probably still not specific enough, but hopefully you have a better Idea of why I might consider this show a decent watch overall.

I find it alarming that you can relate to the MC, but other than that, I appreciate your detailed answer. I didnt really pay attention to the voice acting, but I guess thats something I only notice if its bad. I agree about the subjectiveness of most factors. And we can agree on the good humor. So yes, there are some virtues.
Jun 22, 2022 5:21 AM

May 2022
puppetmazter said:
LordKirkis said:

I don't usually go into specifics with anime because most of it involves subtleties and nuances about the look, feel and sound of the show; all very subjective things wouldn't you agree? But since you insist; I enjoyed a good number of character designs like Echidna, Shutina and some of the demons as well. Besides that there were character interactions with enjoyable comedic flairs aided by enjoyable voice acting. As for subverted expectation... it mostly pertained to the plot direction and the delivery of said plot which was unusual (sometimes too unusual and slow tbh). Also Leo's background as a character was pretty surprising... I also can't say I expected to relate to Leo in any way, but actually I did. Despite what he is, he came off surprisingly human and relatable. One thing I will say though, Leo's general look is quite boring. I believe if the animation was better he could have been a lot easier on the eyes. Despite that, I think they still managed to make him quite likeable.

I find it alarming that you can relate to the MC, but other than that, I appreciate your detailed answer. I didnt really pay attention to the voice acting, but I guess thats something I only notice if its bad. I agree about the subjectiveness of most factors. And we can agree on the good humor. So yes, there are some virtues.

HAHA the MC background is grim after all, and his story is that of a loner... at least till the very end. Personally the voice acting aids in the delivery of Japanese humor in anime, so that's where I come from with that. Cheers! I'm glad we can agree on some things afterall!
Jun 22, 2022 6:13 AM

Aug 2021
Good anime and the truth gave a twist to the hero and demon king, things at least ended well, Leo can move forward as he wants, helping the union and a lot of work ahead, waiting for the ova.
Jun 22, 2022 6:25 AM

Oct 2016
What a nice show overall, the hero has finally quit, officially. I really hope we get a season 2, I mean I heard the LN only has 3 volumes, they can easily fully adapt this. Definitely gonna watch the OVA too. 7.5/10
Jun 22, 2022 7:54 AM

Jan 2021
Not going to lie kinda wanted them to kill Leo. Feels like every anime nowadays is afraid of killing off their characters. Oh well they went the plain-jane, safe, and boring route. It was a really obvious decision that I saw in the previous episode, I mean he could have just killed himself to be honest. In reality it makes the last episode feel kinda pointless.

Dang Leo really just told his intrusive thoughts to stop and they stopped. It was so easy, literally why didn't he just tell it to stop before, he has lived for over 3000 years.

6/10 had its moments of fun but it felt a bit to safe for my taste.
Jun 22, 2022 9:19 AM
Dec 2021
Great anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 22, 2022 10:38 AM

Jan 2020
I liked this anime more than I thought I would. Characters were overall solid. I found the pacing to be better than Tomodachi Game, but I liked that one a bit more. 7/10 for me
Jun 22, 2022 1:14 PM

Mar 2014
Man I'm really disappointed, I know this show is full of cliche and generic bullshit and at the end of it (even though they did make an impression at the beginning) they always disappoints.... sigh. I'm losing faith here
Jun 22, 2022 1:43 PM
Jul 2014
Too bad it ended that way ... honestly last episodes were becoming better but this fell off again in the predictable and cliché
Jun 22, 2022 6:26 PM

Oct 2015
The imp really had an impact on Leo's outlook, I was totally emotional when Leo recalled his words. This finale was a farce, but something screamed a slice of life and i appreciated it. Also, it's about damn time Echidna accepted Leo, too bad he had to almost die for it.

Good series with a unique approach to the rpg genre. The pace was even shaped in a healthy manner that didn't stale the plot. The end was a little idiotic, but I understood its stance nevertheless.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 22, 2022 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
This was definitely the best ending that they could have come up with. Wish we had another episode but it is what it is.

I assume this was a full adaptation because for now, it looks like it's over but a 2nd season would make sense, and it would be fun to see that.
Also Echidna best girl ofc
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 22, 2022 7:39 PM
Mar 2015
Finally a title drop "I ;m Quitting Heroing
Jun 23, 2022 5:46 PM
Jul 2008
PurpleMagic said:
Not going to lie kinda wanted them to kill Leo. Feels like every anime nowadays is afraid of killing off their characters. Oh well they went the plain-jane, safe, and boring route. It was a really obvious decision that I saw in the previous episode, I mean he could have just killed himself to be honest. In reality it makes the last episode feel kinda pointless.

Dang Leo really just told his intrusive thoughts to stop and they stopped. It was so easy, literally why didn't he just tell it to stop before, he has lived for over 3000 years.

6/10 had its moments of fun but it felt a bit to safe for my taste.

He can't kill himself because he's too strong, just like the Dragon guy can't kill himself.

The Anti-Leo spell disabled all his abilites. Leo seemed to know about that spell and forced the queen to cast it.

mkzxwing said:
What a trashy show, dear lord, it had such promise at the start... What was even the point of getting to know everyone if he just wanted them to kill him? So much time in attempts to develop the characters only to throw all that away and not use it at all, not show any growth, for the hero's conflict that came down to self convincing which took three seconds to disable after being told to. Such trashy nonsensical writing all over its making my head hurt

He wanted the demon queen to be his successor, so that the demon and human can coexists together. To do that, they need to solve internal problems first.

He actually didn't want to die but forced himself to do that.
Jun 23, 2022 11:53 PM

Oct 2008
This is a much better finale than that trash Shijou...lolz
lolz Leo could just disable/turn-off those subliminal repeating messages! problem solved! who would have thought going all those troublesome drama!!
5/5.
7/10.

Jun 24, 2022 2:03 AM

Feb 2011
Too many people dogging on this show. I enjoyed watching him disguising himself around echidna, fixing them up gave me "How a realist hero built the kingdom" vibes.

Decent characters, fun moments, ups and downs through out. Overall not bad. Glad to see he didn't die in the end, although many people are assmad because of it.

I'll give it a decent/10.

Jun 24, 2022 11:07 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Seiya0890 said:
Extremely disappointed that there was no romance between Leo and the Demon Queen, but that was to be expected with just 1 eps left... Other than that, I guess it was decent but not worth rewatching.

When I was on episode 3 of the anime and gone ahead to read the manga I lost all my momentum realising the lack of romance between both, tbh I dont care if this is cliche and full of tropes, give me what I want from something like this, but no, lack of romance, instead MC spends most time interacting with way less interesting characters I couldnt give a shit about...
Jun 24, 2022 1:55 PM

Apr 2020
Most mid anime I've seen of this season.
Nothing about it stands out and it's full of clichés and tropes used in many other fantasy animes.
I wish the animation had the same quality as the OP. It doesn't even look like the same anime.
5/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 24, 2022 4:40 PM

Jun 2011
Playcool said:
Seiya0890 said:
Extremely disappointed that there was no romance between Leo and the Demon Queen, but that was to be expected with just 1 eps left... Other than that, I guess it was decent but not worth rewatching.

When I was on episode 3 of the anime and gone ahead to read the manga I lost all my momentum realising the lack of romance between both, tbh I dont care if this is cliche and full of tropes, give me what I want from something like this, but no, lack of romance, instead MC spends most time interacting with way less interesting characters I couldnt give a shit about...

Oh so even in the manga its like that ? Dam so sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2022 10:00 AM
Mar 2012
Aww don't make Lily cry Leo. That's a soft slap lol.
Cute how each demon has a reason for keeping Leo. In Echidna's pov, she's right it'd suck to be forced extra work on worldpeace, the manual etc. Mernes quite perceptive.
Eibrad setup the foundation, but Shutina maybe best character, had most screentime, and during his 5 minutes, beat him with logic to save himself of his contradictions. What a therapy session. Echidna quite little screentime, but grew interesting as a caring ruler.
Mostly a work sol in the rebuild-kingdom group, it's evolved into quite a good end. Bit dry office parts could've had more comedy or characters in general.
Jun 26, 2022 1:47 AM

Jun 2016
Tbh, studio felt more like the issue than the source.

Anti-Leo spell goes off and there's just the most awkward conversation with super repetitive alternating shots of Leo and Echidna. Music is also just not there for half the episode or generic. Lily's crying at that volume was also unnecessary.

Ending was expected tho. Find it pretty hard to believe anyone genuinely thought Leo would die. Pretty good effort to sell it, much better than most half-assed "mc in a pinch" scenarios. Portrayal and execution was meh...

Episode 9 ending was absolutely great, then everything after didn't really hit as hard. Still a ~7-7.5

Jun 26, 2022 6:51 AM

Mar 2018
After enjoying the whole series far more than I thought I would have, the last episode was a bit of letdown, but only because of one scene that fell flat for me.
And that being the scene where Leo goes into himself to turn off the programming.
Fell really weak in terms of direction, visuals and the clarity of the message. And like someone pointed out: it's not like intrusive thoughts go away just because you one day tell them to shut up.

I think it would have worked far better if he looked into that part of himself, only to realise that it has been empty, gods know for how long. That he already did change, but because he came to depend on his sense of identity and purpose in life being dictated by the Protect Humanity function so much for those millenia, he's simply refused to ever look into it. Because he was afraid of what he'd find. That he'd find exactly that. Nothingness. No order that would keep him going, nothing to dictate his sense of self. That all that he's been doing by that point was self-imposed by the routine he fell into and his desperation to have an established, familiar purpose to his existence. Because if that was gone, what would he have had left?

That could also strengthen the meaning to the role Echidna and the generals played. Because it's only because of their help that he would have been able to face that void in himself and decide to fill it on his own.

It would still require delicate handling from how one would direct the scene, but I feel like something like that could work in a less lukewarm manner than what we got, if just because the current version of the events can work well in a novel, but just doesn't translate too well to actual animated visuals, I feel.

Overall I liked what they were going for, the execution just kinda fell flat for me.
Jun 27, 2022 4:08 AM

Nov 2014
As expected Leo lives. I don't mind tbh. Seeing them happy is not bad. But I do mind how random was him just "fixing" his problem. Like, 3000 years and he didn't try it yet?

And as someone else pointed out, just because he has a purpose and companions now, it doesn't mean anything. He is just repeating the same thing and will again end up alone in a world that doesn't need him anymore. Tho maybe that topic is developed more in future chapters?
Jun 27, 2022 7:21 PM

Jul 2016
Underwhelming finale. Its to be expected that the hero is gonna be saved and he is just bluffing, but the execution of the scenes and build up is anti climactic. But it still enjoyable because of how the story is. Overall its a fine season that just has a happy ending which is ok

Jun 28, 2022 9:11 AM
Jan 2018
A soon as I sore that this adapted 1 volume out 3 I knew he wouldn’t die
Jun 28, 2022 6:12 PM

Nov 2009
And then just as we're about to end Leo...

Echidna decide to just step on him and everyone else kicks in too. LOL

And then Leo was finally able to disable the programmed order that he couldn't or hasn't thought of doing for almost 3000 years.

(TBH, I think he actually couldn't as he had to turn off all the other programs he mentioned, but after turning those off, he hasn't gotten to try and turning this one off as we've seen that he was still under the order and tried making his own villains when the new portal just appeared and he went to fight the Demons)

All the while Leo remember the old Imp's words from 3000 years ago. And Leo decide to officially become a member of the Demon Army.

And everything went back to "normal" as they continue to rebuild the Demon Army.

___ ___ ___

Tho... what exactly happens with the Demon Portal that was closing?

Did Leo rebuild it so it stays open?

And how exactly are they going to unite the Human and Demon World?

Since we've already seen that majority if not all Humans hates the Demons, not to mention the Hero... I really doubt they'll negotiate anything with the hero they EXILED and wants to KILL...

So having Leo as the "mediator" between the Human and Demons is purely pointless to begin with... LOL

At this point, they should really just invade the Human world and take the other stone... especially with Leo's "protect Humans" order now disabled, he doesn't have to "save Humans" anymore.

Plus, are they going to take the stone back to the Demon World?

Also... Leo mentioned they need a manual for the stone... but... we saw Leo literally reconstruct the Super Human machine that was destroyed after 3000 years of time (before Leo decide to destroy it again)... couldn't Leo just reconstruct a part of the Machine (aka the Computer) to retrieve the stone's manual files? Cause I am pretty sure in order to reconstruct the Super Humans, he would also have to make new stones for them... thus meaning the Super Human machine has the ability to create more stones.

Which means... Leo could technically just mass produce stones for both the Human and Demon world... there was no real need for all this fighting and Drama, LOL

___ ___ ___

Well... guess some of the questions will have to wait til season 2 (if they're planning one...)

___ ___ ___

Also, some ppls mentioned that Leo would be alone after a while, maybe, but remember that Demons lives a lot longer, so long that they still remember the "Machine Age" (previous Humans) that pretty much all current Humans have already forgotten.

That means it'll be thousands of years before Leo is alone again.
amlgJun 28, 2022 6:26 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 29, 2022 2:45 PM

Oct 2014
It's been a while since I've seen an anime that made me go, "It's 100% adapted from a Light Novel." And not for the reason it's fantasy. This series had a lot of same setting moments. The background dynamic suffering because it's mostly dialogue. The animators have tried to spice it up but in some episodes, you see that the serene didn't change much. They had them walking few steps to cover up this flaw but yeah, it lacks the fast paced scene changes other animes have which makes it a more boring than average.
Jun 30, 2022 3:13 AM

Nov 2019
What a shockingly well made genre combination. You've got empire building/restoration, overpowered protagonist shenanigans, and the whole 'what does a hero do after he's won' setup.

The only thing that would have made this better would've been had it actually ended here with his death. So, so few creators are willing to actually end their works at the natural conclusion.
Jul 15, 2022 10:43 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Surprisingly good ending with everyone back to their usual chores. Almost choking when Edvard daughter encounter Leo and Echidna in such an awkward situation like that. Her blush kinda late, but oh well, i am still liking that kind of late development.

All in all. An alright series with nice happy ending conclusion. Could've been better than that. But so far this is just an okay try at their own way. Though, some part might feels too long, and i think the sol part can be more compacted than they served this. Still, like i said in the beginning, this is an alright series with nice happy ending conclusion.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 31, 2022 4:55 PM

Jun 2020
Dialogues in between dialogues yeah so this is where the story will go I mean good for them at least Leo still lives but story wise It impact it a lot in a negative way but that's how it is

This wouldn't be a comedy anime without the comedy in it so yeah put every character being sadistic towards Leo like look what state he's in and everyone's thrashing him

It was expected even from the start this was the plot so of course it'll go as it was presented well missed opportunity but it is what is.

Let me start that I kind of enjoyed it from the start to finish just didn't like how it ended well expected that It'll go conventionally when I saw the manga is not finished at the moment and I wanna see where this goes on maybe reviving Leo's failed attempt to resurrect the DH series would make it somewhat interesting who knows.
Aug 2, 2022 6:32 AM

Dec 2008
Its been an interesting trend to see the "Tired Hero" sub genre of fantasy take off in the last couple years. Usually its just the hero working in some potion store, or some conveniance store or just being lame most of the time. And one or two of those scenarios worked out kinda well, ngl. But this particular story about a disillusioned hero was not much better, but not too much worse. Just sort of midling. It barely reached a 6/10, and only because I slightly liked the characters, though they were at times a bit boring, not the best drawn, and the plot was predictable ( honestly the creators didnt try to hide what was going on, and its not really original, but w/e). Still, I would like to see a 2nd season if possible. Kinda disappointed they didnt go through with things in the end. The show could have been far more impactful if it was darker and a bit more gritty and more emotional than it was. Was a bit slow, but all around kinda nice and the intro song had a 80s/90s feel with the title screen, plus one of the outros began really powerfully before going all wannabe tecno ish :p
Aug 3, 2022 2:15 AM

Apr 2011
It would've been a good ending if Echidna took Leo's Philosopher's stone and died the way he wanted, but they decided they want him to live which is not bad at all.

Feels like a ending. But I wonder how they'll follow if there's a season 2? Oh well, I don't expect or hope it'll have one.

Its a decent show. Could've have end better. Oh well. There's a lot of new good shows that came out on Summer season that are more entertaining than this.
Aug 4, 2022 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
Show went down the drain in second half. Really disliked how it turned into a melodrama fest focusing on the mentally unstable MC.
Aug 7, 2022 9:33 AM

Oct 2014
mazerumaze said:
And like someone pointed out: it's not like intrusive thoughts go away just because you one day tell them to shut up.

But it's not really an intrusive "thought" at all. It's a command literally programmed into his brain. Gotta remember that he's not human, he's more like a machine than a living being.
Aug 12, 2022 8:34 PM
Aug 2022
wholesome, holy cow wht should write here
Aug 18, 2022 9:56 PM

Feb 2019
well this wasn't good
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

70 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2022

84 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 1, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2022

145 by Monmon0110 »»
Feb 29, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.