Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2022 6:56 AM

Aug 2018
I don't think i remember Lelouch doing anything necessarily evil, it's been a while since I've watched the show but the worst thing I've seen Lelouch do is do an evil laugh. Light Yagami being a villain is pretty obvious, he murders innocent people and is overall a lot more villainous as a protagonist. But Lelouch? What did he do?
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Jun 20, 2022 7:08 AM
Dec 2020
he took over a nation and caused tons of wars
Jun 20, 2022 7:10 AM

Nov 2021
I don't think he is considered as a villain, more like an Anti hero, which is different from being a villain.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 20, 2022 7:18 AM
Feb 2022
itsrj20 said:
I don't think he is considered as a villain, more like an Anti hero, which is different from being a villain.

I think this describes it the best. Plus he killed so many of the other rulers, all of which were his siblings.
Jun 20, 2022 7:20 AM
May 2009
Spoonmaster12 said:
I don't think i remember Lelouch doing anything necessarily evil, it's been a while since I've watched the show but the worst thing I've seen Lelouch do is do an evil laugh. Light Yagami being a villain is pretty obvious, he murders innocent people and is overall a lot more villainous as a protagonist. But Lelouch? What did he do?

Its what he takes responsibility for. Like seizing Damacules and using it to threaten the world like a tyrant. Or taking responsibility for creating and using the Black Knights. He also took responsibility for Euphemia's Massacre and other things to make people hate him.
Jun 20, 2022 7:24 AM
Oct 2021
Because willing he killed 0 people..
Jun 20, 2022 7:44 AM
Apr 2022
Lelouch is literally the highest voted as favourite on MAL. That’s not because he is considered a villain otherwise light would have been the highest but lelouch isn’t a villain like light. He is also not hated because most everything bad that he does end up doing are things are out of his control.

He is an extremely selfless character by the end, I mean u have seen the finale right?
Jun 20, 2022 8:00 AM

Aug 2018
Commander-Tasty said:
Lelouch is literally the highest voted as favourite on MAL. That’s not because he is considered a villain otherwise light would have been the highest but lelouch isn’t a villain like light. He is also not hated because most everything bad that he does end up doing are things are out of his control.

He is an extremely selfless character by the end, I mean u have seen the finale right?

Nope haven't seen the finale, I figured he becomes better
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Jun 20, 2022 8:39 AM
Apr 2021
Spoonmaster12 said:

Watched a long time ago but i remember that he caused some wars and conflicts to be seen as the bad guy, also used after reaching the throne he punished some rebels and had a bunch of servants suicide in front of him.
Im not sure if only killed bad ones but Many ppl died because of him i guess, not that it takes away the goated ending by any means
Jun 20, 2022 8:54 AM
Jul 2020
That's just proof of him bejng an excellent character. He played his role really well.
Jun 20, 2022 9:03 AM
Aug 2021
To defeat an evil he became a greater evil, that's all there is to it
Jun 20, 2022 11:18 AM
Feb 2022
anti villen more of less didnt enyo the show
Jun 20, 2022 11:20 AM
Feb 2021
The reason why was because he caused wars and killed people. But, what people overlook is that he did all that to create a better world by becoming a Villain to become responsible for what he did and asked his friend(i don't remember the name) to kill him infront of everyone. I don't remember it all but i do know that he is by far my favorite character of all time
Jun 20, 2022 12:25 PM
Apr 2021
Lelouch did a lot of villainous things, with good intent. I don’t see him as a villain, but I see why many people do.
Jun 20, 2022 1:52 PM

Feb 2020
He is a Villain indeed just not an Evil one. Villain from the World's perspective.
Jun 20, 2022 1:55 PM

Aug 2018
people accustomed to normal goody two shoes anime protagonists just can't cope
Jun 20, 2022 2:07 PM
Feb 2020
He is similar to Light from DN, Sasuke, etc where they are much more grey.

Id add, Piccolo and Vegeta have done blatantly evil things and are considered "good guys" for what its worth.
Jun 20, 2022 2:19 PM
Jun 2021
The entire end plot of the show is why people think he is a villain. He does also you know lead a terrorist organization. Definitely an anti hero but very easy to think hes a villain
Jun 20, 2022 2:26 PM

Aug 2018
Sagepool said:
The entire end plot of the show is why people think he is a villain. He does also you know lead a terrorist organization. Definitely an anti hero but very easy to think hes a villain

He leads a group of rebels labeled as terrorists by an oppressive regime.
Jun 20, 2022 2:28 PM

Apr 2016
Because he said so ...

... so, as you can see, your point is irrelevant OP.
Jun 20, 2022 3:47 PM

Aug 2018
Swagernator said:
Because he said so ...

... so, as you can see, your point is irrelevant OP.

I don't even have a point
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Jun 20, 2022 3:49 PM

Aug 2018
epidemia78 said:

I agree, we need more villain protagonists. Have any recommendations for me?
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Jun 20, 2022 4:01 PM

Aug 2018
Spoonmaster12 said:
epidemia78 said:

I agree, we need more villain protagonists. Have any recommendations for me?

Villain protagonists? Eh, not so much. But all Code Geass fans should check out S-cry-ed. The main duo are not so much villains as two guys who never met a problem that kicking ass can't solve.

Also, maybe a bit of a long shot considering you dropped Madoka but...Rozen Maiden has a villain you just can't help but root for.

Jun 20, 2022 7:59 PM
Feb 2021
Because he committed war crimes galore (The ends justify the means as long as it's for Japan! This series wouldn't be so beloved by them if he wasn't fighting for his target audience), utterly messed up the world, and cowardly killed himself to leave the mess for everyone else to clean up. Just because one's sins are wiped clean upon death doesn't make his actions right. The fallout would have been immeasurable without the aristocracy (and Best Girl Monica) to cobble a semblance of order together immediately. Besides, even just after what he did in season 1, there would have been no reason for anyone to trust the UFN. That was plugged in there to keep pretending that he actually cared about the world. ("We Japanese have ALWAYS loved peace and the UN!")

He's massacred countless civilians, stupid world leaders. Are your memories THAT short-term???
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Sword Art Online is mid, not utter trash. Oh yes, I'm such a rebel. 😎
Jun 20, 2022 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
Because some of his actions result in huge amounts of casualty.
Jun 21, 2022 12:53 AM
May 2022
Because he’s meant to look like the villain to everyone, when in reality he’s the hero. He’s the epitome of an anti-hero
Jun 21, 2022 1:31 AM
Feb 2022
Same reason Madara and Light are called villians
Sure they had good intentions buh the way they did it that's what was wrong
buh either ways lelouch is still everyones fav antihero and biggest fan fav character
Jun 21, 2022 11:23 AM

May 2021
He can be called a villain because of the wars he caused and all the innocent people he killed/harmed while he was Zero and as Emperor
Jun 21, 2022 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
his actions are not something that a typically heroic character would do, he does anything and everything to achieve his goals. he doesn’t seem to have any regard for human life
Jun 23, 2022 5:30 AM
May 2022
Spoonmaster12 said:

Bro, the end of the show he makes an army of slaves and dominates the whole world. Wether or not his intentions were good means nothing to the scale of what he did. Lelouch is a super villain to low ball him.
Jun 25, 2022 11:59 PM
Jan 2022
Because of Lelouch’s actions to get to his goal, he even said it himself “To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil”
Jun 27, 2022 6:22 PM

Dec 2021
perfect anti-hero

what Eren Yeager and Light inspired to be
Jul 23, 2022 5:32 PM

May 2022
He literally caused the mass execution of the people he was "trying" to save. I would say he is ender from enders game if he knew all the value of the pieces and did not care for the cost of the lives. Using every piece on the board for his own gain in goal to defeat his father. He also has a similar mentality to Walter White in that he is doing all of this for himself at the end of the day "I did it for me", which he admits at the end of the season in a way.
Jul 23, 2022 10:20 PM
Feb 2021
Kamaaldweeb said:
Same reason Madara and Light are called villians
Sure they had good intentions buh the way they did it that's what was wrong
buh either ways lelouch is still everyones fav antihero and biggest fan fav character

there's a pretty big difference. the authors intent for Light was for him to be notjing more hypocritical and completely crazy serial killer

Lelouch is intended to be more complex in morality
Aug 3, 2022 9:12 PM
Mar 2022
Its what he takes responsibility for. Like seizing Damacules and using it to threaten the world like a tyrant. Or taking responsibility for creating and using the Black Knights. He also took responsibility for Euphemia's Massacre and other things to make people hate him.[/quote]

That doesn’t make him a villain it makes him a liar imo he planned to take all of the blame since euphemia’s massacre because he realized the world couldn’t be a gentler place if everything evil was not removed which included himself so he took the evil down with him

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.