Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not too long until they graduate. This was a tense buildup episode for the guys to show everyone what they've learned this year.

It seems everyone is trying their hardest this episode with that momentum. So much competitive energy!
Jun 18, 2022 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
The jockeys' school studies are nearing its end, and now depends on the mock races to prove that they'll be pros once they're out with different horses that don't act the way they want them to.

Kota tries to stand out now by being a better version of Shun, and he earned the spot by being a hard and smart student who's not just a hardcore horse otaku, but one always ahead of the pack, and he quickly raked the 1st place position in multiple mock races in a row. But yet, Kota is the only ordinary person in the group who's had no connections whatsoever, so he has to work double as hard for a name recognition, and I respect Kota's view if this is his goal.

As the mock races progress, some decide to pull back, while others push for the desire to win, that's still dependent on the horses and their stamina. And above all, Kota got outwitted by Yu and lost on the 6th lap to him. This is a setback, but everyone's also serious about winning that's more than talent alone.

This episode finally is one of the better ones, but the consequence is that it's already at the end of the tunnel, so there's no salvaging the bad story plot anymore.
Jun 18, 2022 9:56 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Kota seems to think everyone else but him has a place in life so tries very hard to win.
Yuu won the race in the end!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 18, 2022 10:01 AM
Sep 2015
Isn't it too cruel that this anime make me wait until episode 12 to show a full horse-racing scene between students that I deserve? But at least it's a good scene that's worth the wait. Especially the music that I already mention, that was composed by Sawano Hiroyuki.

Finally a school atmostphere is back, minus Hayato, I'm wondering what's he doing now. Does he go back and finish highschool? Or still working at some position in horse-racing industry? I'm still heartbreak that he has to drop out just because his body grow too heavy. Horseracing sports is opposite of sumo where heavier and bigger are better.

Kazanami is always at last place, he shouldn't have a problem since he's a valuable resource that every horse stable want because of his ability to understanding a horse. And he doesn't seem to be upset with his position, he just want to be happy riding a horse. But when he found out that Maki is very very upset, that might light some fire in him. Kazanami has to decide if he want to be jockey, or horse caretaker.

Time fly fast, it's 2025 already! They're in last year of jockey training. And the next episode is the last one. I'll miss this show, I'm wondering if there'll be a sequel when they're fully jockey, fanfare of adulthood...
Jun 18, 2022 10:29 AM

Jun 2021
Multiple races in one episode in my melodrama anime? This can't be real.
Jun 18, 2022 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
It's nice seeing the characters' actions affecting each other. Really makes it feel like they're in the same world.

Shun still can't hear the animals, huh. But, he seems satisfied.

Yuu is more aggressive now. Kuji has been quite an influence on him. lol

Kouta actually got some story. I am pleasantly surprised.

Aki still thinks Yuu's a sadist. haha

I don't care about horse races, but this episode made it so interesting by making it a part of the characters' development.

I wonder what happened with Shun after seeing Kouta frustrated. He seemed affected by it in some way.

That post-credit scene was not fair!!! After making me ship Yuu and Shun all this time, if they put a scene where it looks like Shun is about to say something big to Yuu, of course it will make me think of a love confession for a whole week!!!
Jun 18, 2022 11:41 AM

May 2021
Finally a horse-racing focused episode. Such a shame its only coming now.

Jun 18, 2022 2:33 PM

Aug 2019
I understand Kota's point of view, but saying that winning means more to him than to Yuu is completely unnecessary because he has no idea how Yuu feels about winning.

He was furious at the end because he had lost to Yuu, but that's just how sports work. We win and we lose.

I also think Shunn might quit being a jockey.
Jun 18, 2022 7:50 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Nice to finally see them racing against each other, I thought it would have happened sooner though. Interesting how Kouta's character has changed after the training experience, he's definitely a lot more confident but even more so determined, it was surprising to see him let out his frustrations like that after being outsmarted by Yuu. I also don't think it was right of Kouta to play down Yuu's feelings saying that winning means a lot more to himself than Yuu.

I have a feeling Shun is either going to realize he doesn't like competition or he will purposely lose for the others benefits since I still remember Kuji stating he's not fit to be a jockey and the way he reacted seeing Kouta makes me feel like that. Plus, he's the only one we don't see studying what happened in the race like the others but I could be wrong.

Jun 18, 2022 10:21 PM
May 2022
sejak mulai arc baru, episode ini yang terbaik... semua siswa kembali ke sekolah dan mulai perlombaan menunjukkan pelatihan mereka selama 1 tahun (sayangnya tidak ada hayato). kouta karakter yang menarik tapi tidak suka cara berpikirnya seolah-olah dia orang yang paling malang dan yang lainnya beruntung, padahal yuu dan yang lainnya juga bekerja keras seperti dia dan mereka tidak seberuntung itu. Seperti yuu yang ingin sukses menjadi joki tanpa memanfaatkan status mantan idol. aku merasa shun tidak bahagia menjadi joki, saat kalah atau menang dia tidak merasakan apapun, mungkin aku salah... yuu yang memanfaatkan teman-temannya untuk mengalahkan kouta sangat menarik
Jun 19, 2022 8:56 AM

Oct 2016
To be honest, I completely forgot that Kouta was even there ^^'
Also, the guy has some nerve to say "This means more to me that it does to you" to the guy who literally gave up his career in the spotlight to become a jockey. What, exactly, makes him think this doesn't mean much to Yuu? Especially after all the drama he had to go through just to keep attending the school.

I agree with Kouta about him being forgettable in comparison to Yuu and the others though. I mean, even Hayato is more memorable than him and he left - never to be heard from again - quite a while ago.
Jun 19, 2022 6:20 PM

Oct 2015
Still think Maki is awesome if he could ditch the nasty attitude. Can't wait for the next mock race
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 20, 2022 4:27 AM

Oct 2008
The most improved Jockey Kota got outsmarted by Yuu...what an idol ass!
2/5.

Jun 25, 2022 9:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kota get a little shine here, with so much win on the race mock, only to realize later that he's not the protagonist of the show, and its all back to Yuu and Shun again in the end. Whatever it's all about, lets take it all through the end...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 20, 2022 12:52 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, my boy Kouta returned from his practices turned into a gigachad. Such a shame Yuu still has the power of MC on his side tho.
Aug 26, 2022 12:47 PM
Aug 2018
kota's character arc is finally happening, but too little too late i guess.
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
finally a real race, with a bit of action, intensity and strategy.

The best episode of the season1!!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

22 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

50 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

13 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.