Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 18, 2022 3:01 PM

May 2013
chungzic said:
Okay finale, man the CG is ewww...
First half definitely more interesting than second half, but still watchable.
6/10 Fine show.

It was B-movie CGI just like Pandemonium wanted it. At least I think it that way. :D
Jun 18, 2022 3:36 PM

Jul 2014
When Manon's mother mentioned that Manon had an older sister, I thought of Pandemonium but I couldn't make sense of it time-wise. Now that they confirmed it, I guess the time they are transported to in that world is not necessarily linear. Poor family by the way, ending up like that in that world... at least Pan revived Manon at the end.

Anyway, aside from Momo being overly affectionate with Menou (I liked her interactions with Ashuna a lot more) and non-future Akari being overly bubbly with Menou, everything else was great, especially the worldbuilding. Like, I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this show and how much I want to know how it continues so, hoping it gets a second season.
Jun 18, 2022 4:08 PM
Apr 2020
Flare sensei sus hope we get season 2 to explore more about the story
Jun 18, 2022 4:31 PM
Apr 2022
Always love a show that has fairly deep lore and a lot of "isekai world history" and backstories to uncover as the story progress. This show definitely surprised me a bit in terms of its depth; I thought it was gonna be a pretty shallow yuri isekai, but turns out to be a pretty solid isekai.

Hope there are more seasons to come.
Jun 18, 2022 4:42 PM
Apr 2022
Liddo-kun said:
nice. really enjoyed this show from beginning to end. Hmm.. I must buy a few more from CDJapan. Hmm, let's see now..

so Pandemonium is actually still free outside the fog, and she revived Manon. The older sister of Manon was probably killed by Flare as well, which is why the body had memories of a knife being stabbed into the head. They make a good team, looking forward to the new "movie" they will make. lol

Menou starting to like Akari.. their journey continue.

hoping for a season 2. ^^

10/10

_________

edit:

after a rewatch. Realized I made a mistake.. it was Manon older sister that somehow got combined with Pandemonium, for reasons still unknown - which explains why Pan is nice to her. And it looks like she even used Mitsuki and a dead soldier to revive Manon. The memory of knife into head is when Mitsuki was killed with knife.

From what I read in another spoiler, modern Japan and this isekai world isn't really going in parallel in time, and people from the same time point in modern Japan can get summoned to isekai at different time point. Based on the dialogs that happened, Pan is most likely her sister, and Manon realized that Pan only revived her most likely because they are somehow blood related, even though Pan already lost her personalities and all her memories about her mother ("something still intact" as Manon calls it). Pan was probably summoned 1000 years ago way before her mother got summoned, and became one of the human errors after using too much of her Pure Concept.
Jun 18, 2022 4:59 PM

Sep 2014
pretty standard final boss fight with its CGI glory, but it was pretty self aware so I cant really complain. Pandaemonium is a crazy villain, I sure hope we will see her and Manon again.

Talking about crazy, that after credit scene. I was spoiled about this here but still, really makes me want to see more! This show has a refreshing take on the isekai setting anyway and not just because of the yuribait.

I was hoping for Ashuna to visit Momo in the hospital but no, not even a scene with them. Sad day.

Anyway this was pretty nice, its good overall but has some really great elements. Sometimes the animation quality is also great and atleast the CGI isnt rendered at half the fps like some shows do for whatever reason.
All in all a solid show with much storytelling potential.
I hope we get a second season because I doubt I will find translated LNs for this and honestly I doubt I would read them. Much of the appeal comes from the voice acting and lively animation.

Hidden gem this season for sure, Im sad this will be the last episode. 7/10 but with how low the score is I will give it an 8.

PS: Nevermind the english translations for the LNs actually exists and book 5 comes out in september, here we go! I fully expected this to take a year minimum to even get licensed before we even see any official TL like back with Re Zero
Comander-07Jun 18, 2022 5:27 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 18, 2022 8:53 PM

Oct 2015
Flare has killed Menou that many times, bloody hell. I guess she's the antagonist of the series. I wonder how does she do it though. I think she's do it for the thrill of it judging by her facial expression.

The finish to Pandemonium was a little underwhelming, but she's alive, so it can be forgiven. The twist that she's Manon's sister, was shocking but fitted well.

Not a perfect series, has flaws left and center, but I enjoyed it. The atmosphere was refreshing for me, I liked Akari's devious ways, the odd story that didn't shy away of being "edgy and loving it". Pace was better in my view, and the animation. The battles were lackluster though.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 18, 2022 11:01 PM

Apr 2021
dylpickles said:
Aluminum_ said:
Akari's like Yuusuke from YYH lmao. Excluding the light yuri factor not to make myself biased, I'd say this has a great potential for its world building and concept. Tho it's really intriguing to know what happens next so a sequel would be good since I''m not really fond of reading LNs.

My speculation is the same as Lab_Rat's down here. I think for the sole purpose of making Akari use her Pure Concept and turn her into a human error once overused. Which would seem like Flare is the true villain.

Okay that’s really interesting. So you think Flare is actually the antagonist who wants to turn Akari into an error. i wonder why this would be the case but would be intrigued to find out.
Most importantly I wanted to make sure I wasn’t supposed to steady know the answer, and that it is indeed under speculation 😂

Worry not, I don't read its source material. Tho I'm quite intrigued just as you and makes me want to try to read it.

Jun 18, 2022 11:06 PM

Apr 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
Aluminum_ said:

Up until which volume did this adaptation cover? Thinking that I might give it a shot

The anime covered up to volume 2.

Thanks mate! Cheers

Jun 18, 2022 11:23 PM
Jun 2016
this anime was one of the great surprises of this season, I will miss a lot the op and the ed
Jun 19, 2022 1:40 AM

Nov 2016
gaoo~

so ends a nice and fun adventure of a group of incredible and fun girls uwu

what's more important 👀

Jun 19, 2022 2:39 AM
Jan 2017
oh yeahh its end..
the end that Pandomonium taken back by the fog and we know actually that she has younger sister, revive her sister back using the first episode isekai people Body and planing to making other Chaos to world..
Menou chan has a hint to kill Alari using Salt sword and start a journey to get the sword..
the other side Flare has a memory that what she done is Looping and plan to kill her student again..
oke pretty good for J.C Staff isekai anime when the studio focused on 1 work.. its good unlike the previous season their anime isekai is sucks..
7/10
Jun 19, 2022 3:17 AM

Feb 2017
KitsuYurikano said:
gaoo~

so ends a nice and fun adventure of a group of incredible and fun girls uwu

what's more important 👀

the lewdest scene in the entire anime
Jun 19, 2022 3:26 AM

Feb 2017
whitebagelxyz said:
Always love a show that has fairly deep lore and a lot of "isekai world history" and backstories to uncover as the story progress. This show definitely surprised me a bit in terms of its depth; I thought it was gonna be a pretty shallow yuri isekai, but turns out to be a pretty solid isekai.

Hope there are more seasons to come.

wait until they dive into the church's backstories

my #1 favorite in the whole series so far

hopefully we're gonna get season 2 one day
Jun 19, 2022 3:43 AM

Oct 2008
will wait for S2...seems like there's a lot missing even if i'm an anime only viewer...
and also that epilogue, that sparks for more continuation! Flare being the Antagonist?
4/5.
7/10.

Jun 19, 2022 4:14 AM

Oct 2017
So, i guess Menou (or maybe Flare) was an otherworlder as well, possibly brainwashed...
I was hoping that Momo and Ashuna would openly join the main duo in the next journey, still not too late though.
Let's see if we get a sequel anytime soon...
Jun 19, 2022 6:06 AM

Feb 2017
RainyShadow said:
So, i guess Menou (or maybe Flare) was an otherworlder as well, possibly brainwashed...
I was hoping that Momo and Ashuna would openly join the main duo in the next journey, still not too late though.
Let's see if we get a sequel anytime soon...

menou and flare dont possess any pure concept, so no they are not otherworlders

but each of em has a scripture thats comparable (in power) to pure concept

theyre not brainwashed either
Jun 19, 2022 9:54 AM

Jan 2012
And so Pandemonium is stopped...for now...and Akari and Menou continue their quest to kill Akari, all the while presumable big bad Flare stalks them.

Woof, where to begin....well, this series had quite the controversial opening episode didn't it? I avoided getting involved in all the hullabaloo surrounding it as it came out, but yes, I was turned off by it as well. It came across as smug. The impression I got was "Heh, see, we killed off the self-insert isekai protagonist in the first episode! We're different! Aren't we so cool subverting expectations like that? Huh? HUH?" Bleh. A show shouldn't feel smug in its first episode to me, it's not a great look. So why, you might ask, didn't I drop it right then and there? Well in general I don't like dropping things that early, though I have before. Plus I'm something of a loner with no life and time to kill. So I figured I'd watch the rest and see how it went and it went...rather boringly. Beneath the grimdark edginess the show was going for with its violence, tone, and honestly even premise, it was just kinda...there. Only one actually cool character, Princess Ashuna, a boring story, and nothing really memorable. I suppose given the premise I should have expected I'd think that so perhaps I should have known better, known this wasn't gonna be for me, and not bothered with it in the first place. But I did, I watched the whole thing. And I can safely say through 2 seasons, Winter and Spring, this was the worst show I've watched in 2022 so far. Yes, even worse than the bland and generic self-insert isekai shows I'm also watching. At least they aren't smug. 5/10, will not watch more if it comes.
Jun 19, 2022 9:57 AM

Apr 2017
I have mixed feelings about this anime. For once, the plot is interesting, with lots of mystery and potential. You have several questions in need of answers that drives you to want to know more.

On the other hand, the execution is absolutely mediocre. No episode is REALLY fun to watch, there are no memorable fights, the CGI is very bad, Menou is a uber cliche edgy protagonist, Akari is the typical big-breasted airhead and the problems they face have no urgency feeling because the main group is composed of two characters and you know none of them will die and Akari can simply go back in time to revive and fix whatever it happens.

I watched because the plot has a lot of potential. I stayed to see some answers.
But they really need to improve the overall presentation and execution quality.

6/10, mostly for the plot.
Jun 19, 2022 2:01 PM
Jun 2015
I'm very fond of the story and characters. Cheery Akari would get annoying in other contexts, but I just love super-serious Menou being completely exasperated with her at all times. And I like Future Akari a lot. Similarly, the Momo-Ashuna double act is great. And Manon and Pandemonium give us some really solid villains for the second act. Pandemonium's directorial ambitions are a particularly entertaining form of mad villainy and she's got some great voicework.

The big letdown is the animation. There's just way too little movement and action in most of the action scenes, except in the last couple episodes and even then it's only moderate. There's some great static shots like anything on the Salt Continent, but way too much time in fights is spent just standing there talking.

I'd probably rate it an 8/10 on the strength of the plot and characters, but in terms of what the animation adds over reading the LN it's pretty weak.
Jun 19, 2022 5:19 PM

Feb 2017
Otakun3000 said:
I have mixed feelings about this anime. For once, the plot is interesting, with lots of mystery and potential. You have several questions in need of answers that drives you to want to know more.

On the other hand, the execution is absolutely mediocre. No episode is REALLY fun to watch, there are no memorable fights, the CGI is very bad, Menou is a uber cliche edgy protagonist, Akari is the typical big-breasted airhead and the problems they face have no urgency feeling because the main group is composed of two characters and you know none of them will die and Akari can simply go back in time to revive and fix whatever it happens.

I watched because the plot has a lot of potential. I stayed to see some answers.

umm....
akari literally died in the second episode and menou also died in the third episode. but ok

menou isnt edgy,
we've never seen her spilling unnecessary blood
such as; did she kill ashuna? nah, her job is only to kill the lost ones and anyone who summons em

akari isnt an airhead,
she's a crafty girl
she's been rewinding time for zillionth of times
she's mentally a lot more older than her physical age

even in aot

a show where many people died,
we all know the three protagonists jaeger mikasa and armin will never die
see how the plot forced levi to save dying armin lol and jaeger isnt dead, he's a bird now

so

the main group is composed of two characters and you know none of them will die the main group is composed of two characters and you know none of them will die

what are you trying to say here?

I can see you having nihilistic tendency there
Lab_Rat_0978Jun 19, 2022 5:23 PM
Jun 19, 2022 5:34 PM

Feb 2017
@James_Marsh

I also like future akari a lot

I wonder how human error akari would look like
Jun 19, 2022 5:39 PM
Jul 2008
Quite interesting anime. I hope to see more Pandemonium, the show is more fun with her.

I wonder if they will have next season?

People who said Akari is just big breasted airhead clearly only see her breast the entire show lol.
Jun 19, 2022 10:41 PM

Jun 2016
Had ups and downs. CG honestly wasn't that bad, also alternated with 2d when the entire centipede wasn't in frame.

Weird one, but char designs (except Akari) were kinda fresh. Menou, Momo, especially Ashuna had some pretty neat designs. Love how they outright talked about clothing that fit body lines early on, def straight from the authors heart lmfao.

Villains felt pretty weak. Old lady bishop "betrayal" didn't even feel like a betrayal due to how little screentime and build-up (on and off screen) she got beforehand. Aside from telling us over and over that human errors, big, bad, scary kinda poor build-up for Pandemonium. Also completely unexpected and weird we're suddenly getting a world boss as the 2nd villain. Also couldn't take her self mutilation seriously cause of it's portrayal, sfx, and her squeaky voice. Her char was great tho. Flare being revealed as the final villain was interesting, but could have been better imo, if she was built up more. Didn't even seem like she was any good of a mentor from the flashbacks tbh.

"Fights" or more like Menou's knife action had some pretty nice sakuga for a seasonal iseka, but short asf.

Music pretty forgettable though. Can't remember a single ost. Honestly, for a complicated adventure story with time, could have benefitted a lot from some good music.

Like a 7.5 / 10.
Jun 20, 2022 12:31 AM

Jan 2018
This show has an interesting lore, and some top tier yuri headpat and lewd handholding. But fights kinda felt short. (Especially the centipede). Its not like the fights had something wrong or missing, I just didn't feel the hype.

Inorichi said:

Music pretty forgettable though. Can't remember a single ost. Honestly, for a complicated adventure story with time, could have benefitted a lot from some good music.

Yeah I just finished watching it, and I already forgot the entire ost. But sound effects are pretty memorable, the spell invocation sfx.
Jun 20, 2022 12:40 AM

Apr 2017
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
Otakun3000 said:

umm....
akari literally died in the second episode and menou also died in the third episode. but ok

menou isnt edgy,
such as; did she kill ashuna? nah, her job is only to kill the lost ones and anyone who summons em

akari isnt an airhead,
she's a crafty girl

even in aot

see how the plot forced levi to save dying armin lol and jaeger isnt dead, he's a bird now

so

the main group is composed of two characters and you know none of them will die the main group is composed of two characters and you know none of them will die

Sense of urgency, is when you have a show and you actually feel that the characters are on a threat. That is absolutely NOT required for a show to work, but considering the little this show has gave me as enjoyement, i believe that a sense of urgency, of fear, would be a cool thing to have. The fights have no urgency, you don't worry about the characters fates because you know everything can simply be fixed.

As i said, that is not required for a show to work (Overlord doesn't have that, but has a ton of other elements to work on), but when the show doesn't have substance, it is just a bare-bones journey adventure with "Lost" like mysteries to solve...
Jun 20, 2022 1:31 AM

Oct 2018
i hope there will be a second season
Jun 20, 2022 2:39 AM
Sep 2014
So they're off (once again) to the island of salt.
But from what Pandemonium told Akari, Menou has to die. Basically it's written in the timeline. So Akari actually has to change the timeline itself, to change Menou's fate.
But Akari is now aware of the Archive thingy.
This story gives me a lot of Warrior Within vibes.
Since we're watching this version of the events, we can assume that Akari will succeed, but I wonder what will be consequences of this. Will we get a Dahaka like beast to chase Akari and Menou? To make her meet her fate? Probably not, but thinking about it that way is fun.
On the other hand, resetting the timeline countless times also gives me vibes of the Doctor Who episode "Heaven sent".
Still, Akari's journey is one about saving Menou. If I were to quote the old man from Warrior Withing: Your journey will not end well. You cannot change your fate. No man can.
Jun 20, 2022 3:00 AM

Feb 2017
Oneill said:
But from what Pandemonium told Akari, Menou has to die. Basically it's written in the timeline. So Akari actually has to change the timeline itself, to change Menou's fate.
Since we're watching this version of the events, we can assume that Akari will succeed, but I wonder what will be consequences of this. Will we get a Dahaka like beast to chase Akari and Menou? To make her meet her fate? Probably not, but thinking about it that way is fun.
On the other hand, resetting the timeline countless times also gives me vibes of the Doctor Who episode "Heaven sent".
Still, Akari's journey is one about saving Menou. If I were to quote the old man from Warrior Withing: Your journey will not end well. You cannot change your fate. No man can.

no

menou doesnt have to die,
she's not fated to die either.
there are two reasons why she always ends up dying

1. she always fails to do her job,
to kill akari (the lost one)

2. flare wants akari to rewind time
so she always kills menou

do you remember?

the more the lost ones use their power,
the faster the process of em turning into major human errors

so flare wants to turn akari into a major human error, by forcing her to rewind time again, again and again

why?
that would be a huge spoiler
Jun 20, 2022 3:06 AM

Feb 2007
Oneill said:

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure. There is a reason we're seeing this loop and not one of the previous. And it's a long loop, not one of the short Groundhog Day/Endless Eight/Re:Zero/Summertime Render ones where it's easy enough (and even necessary) to show multiple loops. Surely this will be the one to end things, even if the loops so far have also brought additional dangers in the form of escaped Human Error fragments into it.
Jun 20, 2022 3:25 AM

Dec 2020
that was preeetty fuckin cool !!! i really hope this gets a 2nd season bc i suck at reading novels
Jun 20, 2022 3:55 AM

Feb 2017
Otakun3000 said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

umm....

menou isnt edgy,

akari isnt an airhead,
she's a crafty girl

even in aot

so

Sense of urgency, is when you have a show and you actually feel that the characters are on a threat. That is absolutely NOT required for a show to work, but considering the little this show has gave me as enjoyement, i believe that a sense of urgency, of fear, would be a cool thing to have. The fights have no urgency, you don't worry about the characters fates because you know everything can simply be fixed.

As i said, that is not required for a show to work (Overlord doesn't have that, but has a ton of other elements to work on), but when the show doesn't have substance, it is just a bare-bones journey adventure with "Lost" like mysteries to solve...

first of all,
it takes 6-7 volumes of executioner light novel just to finish the 1st arc,
the lore is a lot deeper than you think

the main objective in overlord is to conquer the world,
for no reason

I, still remember one of ridiculous things ainz did,
he insta killed and stomped almost millions of people with gigantic goats (the dark young) he summoned, for no reason

he's just laughing happily for breaking the game (yggdrasil) record

in most of isekai anime,

the MC dont really have legit objective, even iF they have one....its always casual without any deeper meaning
and they simply go along with the flow most of the time

similar thing happens to ainz's long lost twin brother,
arc the skeleton knight

but unlike ainz,
arc only does good things in the isekai world,
such as;
saving people in need
and
simply enjoying daily dose of elf and kemonomimi girls lol no more no less

meanwhile in executioner,
the MC menou has a legit job, a legit objective

the church have established the executioner system right after the 4 major human errors obliterated 1/3 the world's population a thousand years ago

as stated by pandemonium in episode 12,
they wanted to go back to japan so they sacrificed 1/3 the world's population in the process lol

the lost ones turned into public enemies no #1 since then.
nobody wants to take the risk anymore,
kill em all on sight no question asked

as result,

no more major human error popping up in the last a thousands of years,
the executioners legit make the world a better place for a millennium

Lab_Rat_0978Jun 20, 2022 4:12 AM
Jun 20, 2022 3:57 AM
Sep 2014
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
Oneill said:

no

do you remember?

so flare wants to turn akari into a major human error, by forcing her to rewind time again, again and again

why?

Yeah I get it, I have some idea about what's going on. I've just meant that in a way it feels like Menou has her fate written. I understand that Flare somehow has access to the Astral Archive, which is outside Akari's time resettings. But just the story has these Warrior Within vibes.
Jun 20, 2022 4:09 AM

Feb 2017
Oneill said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

no

do you remember?

why?

Yeah I get it, I have some idea about what's going on. I've just meant that in a way it feels like Menou has her fate written. I understand that Flare somehow has access to the Astral Archive, which is outside Akari's time resettings. But just the story has these Warrior Within vibes.

all executioners, including flare's predecessors have access to the astral archive

why?
that would be a huge spoiler too

the executioners have been around for a thousand of years

why doesnt menou have it,
she's still an apprentice as well as momo

theyre still noob
Jun 20, 2022 10:16 AM
Aug 2018
One of the best anime of the season! So sad it's sitting at a 6.93 right now, when the shittiest anime this season sit way higher. Just reinforces the fact that the average anime fan isn't interested in watching anything good, they're only interested in bullshit they can self-insert into. The animation, soundtrack, plot, and worldbuilding was so good! My only gripe was the CGI for Pandemonium the last few eps. It's definitely not the worst I've ever seen, but it didn't really look that great either. In any case, I'm super excited for S2!
Jun 20, 2022 11:09 AM

Jul 2016
Regular 7/10

I preferred the secondary characters to the main ones.
Jun 20, 2022 11:19 AM
Mar 2015
so it is Flare that kills Menou over and over again and Akari who revives her Akari actually releases Chaos. Both Akari and menou have friends and relatives they left behind Interesting that Chaos tell menou how to kill Akari Now they are off to see the wizard
Jun 20, 2022 12:50 PM
Dec 2019
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
_Megumilia said:

Then why watch it at all? I don't know about you but I drop shit I think is terrible.

Why does anyone else watch shitty new shows to the end? you are already invested too much in it.
but you never explained why it's shitty. It's probably because your boi mitsuki isn't the nain character
Jun 20, 2022 2:41 PM
Dec 2019
Shimura27 said:
Honestly 7/10, but with that low score i'll rate it 9/10.

I feel in similar way, I'd rate it 7-7.5, but with the bullshit I saw with people spamming hate on this because "lesbians murdering male MC" , when Overlord has "good villains" doing horrible torture and genocide to innocents, I gave it 9/10. I can revise it down if the score ever gets in normal range.

I kind of regret now that "Cheat slayer" (Isekai MC killer) manga of Kakegurui author got axed after 1 chapter due to copyright infringement.
Bear_from_caveJun 20, 2022 2:45 PM
Jun 20, 2022 5:29 PM

Feb 2017
Bear_from_cave said:
Shimura27 said:
Honestly 7/10, but with that low score i'll rate it 9/10.

I feel in similar way, I'd rate it 7-7.5, but with the bullshit I saw with people spamming hate on this because "lesbians murdering male MC" , when Overlord has "good villains" doing horrible torture and genocide to innocents, I gave it 9/10. I can revise it down if the score ever gets in normal range.

I kind of regret now that "Cheat slayer" (Isekai MC killer) manga of Kakegurui author got axed after 1 chapter due to copyright infringement.

lol cheat slayer takes plagiarism to another level

the main cast of cheat slayer

Kirito (Sword Art Online)

Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)

Aletta (Isekai Shokudo)

Rimuru Tempest (Tensura)

Tanya Degurechaff (Youjo Senki)

Katarina Claes (Hamefura)

Aqua (Konosuba)

Shin Walford (Kenja no Mago)

Subaru Natsuki (Re:Zero)

@Sekirodiealotoft
Jun 21, 2022 6:27 AM

Jul 2015
good show all things considered.. Pandemonium was undoubtedly one of the better last boss villain with the creepy VA and her shape..

I am interested in the world but not interested enuf to go read the source..
Jun 21, 2022 4:25 PM

Aug 2020
Last time I watch something because of people defending the anime from haters. It was boring, Mennou mostly.
Keep scrolling
Jun 22, 2022 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
It was a good show.

At this point I feel there's too many lines to follow, like Flare's reason to kill Menou, AkarixMenou living in Japan before or something like that, the 4 big bosses and probably something about Menou, like being a vessel or something.

My Candies:

Jun 22, 2022 2:52 AM

Feb 2017
FiendishChan said:
This show has an interesting lore, and some top tier yuri headpat and lewd handholding. But fights kinda felt short. (Especially the centipede). Its not like the fights had something wrong or missing, I just didn't feel the hype.

@Inorichi

Yeah I just finished watching it, and I already forgot the entire ost. But sound effects are pretty memorable, the spell invocation sfx.

this is why shingeki no kyojin/ attack on titans is the best anime of all time
Jun 22, 2022 5:57 AM

Feb 2017
knktzvra said:
It was a good show.

At this point I feel there's too many lines to follow, like Flare's reason to kill Menou, AkarixMenou living in Japan before or something like that, the 4 big bosses and probably something about Menou, like being a vessel or something.

shoot your best theory then,

why do you think flare deliberately kills menou for zillionth time? lol

there are actually multiple clues regarding all your questions in the previous episodes

the anime adaptation is pretty faithful to the source material (light novel)
they didn't skip too many important details
Jun 22, 2022 12:06 PM
Aug 2014
Good series, 7/10 for me, i'll gladly add one to the score when S2 is announced.
Jun 24, 2022 8:37 AM
Oct 2012
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
knktzvra said:
It was a good show.

shoot your best theory then,

why do you think flare deliberately kills menou for zillionth time? lol

there are actually multiple clues regarding all your questions in the previous episodes

the anime adaptation is pretty faithful to the source material (light novel)
they didn't skip too many important details
I can see this while watching. This show is one of those anime that will make more sense after a rewatch or two. So many mysteries and clues scattered throughout the whole anime and lots of unexpected plot twists. This is unexpectedly so good, I was expecting something like railgun but this one is even better to me. No overly cutesy shit and the show did not hesitate to throw extremely gore shit.

I also really like how the characters did not hesitate to kill whenever needed. I can see no hipocrisy from Menou, we can really see how determined she is to kill Akari and how she grew more and more attached to her. She asked herself a lot whether it is okay to kill Akari but in the end she still did (tried to do) it. Nothing like other hypocrite mc from other shows.

Now if only they get rid of that stupid CGI at last 2 eps I would've rated this even higher
Jun 24, 2022 2:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty fitting stopping point for the 1st season but there are still so many mysterious elements, especially with all this teasing at this point, but overall for a isekai it sure surprised me for how original it could get as long with a plot that really tries to be diverse and to show multiple straightforward elements, a pleasant surprise despite still having some flaws. 7/10
Jun 25, 2022 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
Decent show but I didn't really get too invested in the characters. Still had its cool and interesting moments like when Pandemonium kid first introduced herself.

Jun 25, 2022 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
This last episode really cool and I love the story! Can't wait for the next season since there are still 3 others of Human Error.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why do MAL not use the correct tags?

MathMols - Apr 10

7 by MathMols »»
Apr 13, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite character?

Shizuna - Apr 9

5 by michiru_is_life »»
Apr 10, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

38 by waldy713 »»
Apr 6, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2022

66 by waldy713 »»
Apr 5, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2022

71 by waldy713 »»
Apr 5, 1:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.