Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

My biggest regret is not being active in the Anime community when this first came out.

Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 16, 2022 12:20 PM
Mar 2021
Went down a little rabbit hole of seeing reactions of people after the first episode and it's hilarious. Several big AniTubers calling it disgusting and a lot of people acting like it should be banned and removed from Crunchyroll. Not fair I got to miss it.
Jun 16, 2022 12:36 PM

Jul 2015
Ye, that was wild.
It was almost like the goblins were evil or something.

Jun 16, 2022 12:48 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah that scene wasn’t all that. Absolutely dogshit show though. One of the worst of all time.
Jun 16, 2022 12:56 PM
Nov 2020
Yeah it was crazy, and the fact that a lot of people stopped at the first episode and started complaining, don’t even realize that the anime tames out(interesting fact: this anime could have won anime of the year on Crunchyroll, but didn’t get nominated because of the controversy, had highest ratings and viewer ship).
Jun 16, 2022 1:00 PM
Mar 2021
DarkHomieC said:
Yeah it was crazy, and the fact that a lot of people stopped at the first episode and started complaining, don’t even realize that the anime tames out(interesting fact: this anime could have won anime of the year on Crunchyroll, but didn’t get nominated because of the controversy, had highest ratings and viewer ship).

I liked the show but I wouldn't pick it for Anime of the Year. That said, after this years Mushoku Tensei snub, it's pretty obvious the are affected by the content an Anime shows.
Jun 16, 2022 1:28 PM
May 2022
thanks god i missed all of that shit lol the first episode is unforgettable and is not a bad thing
Jun 16, 2022 1:29 PM
May 2022
Gannoncox0 said:
Yeah that scene wasn’t all that. Absolutely dogshit show though. One of the worst of all time.

in your dreams. Goblin slayer good anime and with big balls. Gintama dogshit show one of the worst anime, totally GARBAGE anime OVERRATE SHIT
_Ishinashi99Jun 16, 2022 1:42 PM
Jun 16, 2022 1:53 PM

Jun 2021
Pretty funny stuff. Reminds me of the whole Shield Hero controversy because of the whole, "Shield Hero got Amber Heard by the Princess" plot. Goblin Slayer still a fire show though. Basically, take Doom Slayer in a medieval setting, and I'm satisfied with it.
Jun 16, 2022 2:03 PM

May 2022
DarkHomieC said:

Do you know if controversies affect awards in Japan or just in the west?
Jun 16, 2022 2:09 PM
Nov 2020
CHT13 said:
DarkHomieC said:

It depends but it’s mainly the West, Japan doesn’t really care about what the west says. The west (mainly SJWs) have a tendency of trying to cancel animes, bash mangakas, or do weird stuff.
Jun 16, 2022 2:14 PM

May 2022
DarkHomieC said:
CHT13 said:

It depends but it’s mainly the West, Japan doesn’t really care about what the west says. The west (mainly SJWs) have a tendency of trying to cancel animes, bash mangakas, or do weird stuff.

Good to know because it’s hard to keep up with all that. As long as Japan doesn’t let the screeching influence them too much that’s all I care about. There’s a reason why they put ratings and warnings on stuff, sensitive people should pay attention to them.
Jun 16, 2022 2:16 PM
Mar 2021
DarkHomieC said:
CHT13 said:

Actually controversy and Anime/Manga is very common in Japan. Only recently there was a controversy around Tawawa on Monday manga, people in Japan were pissed a manga like that was being advertised. There's also been several movements to ban loli's.
Jun 16, 2022 2:17 PM

Nov 2016
You didn't miss out on much. And it’s not like there's no shitty controversy and c tier drama going on every other season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 2022 2:19 PM

May 2022
kriissyy12 said:
DarkHomieC said:

Actually controversy and Anime/Manga is very common in Japan. Only recently there was a controversy around Tawawa on Monday manga, people in Japan were pissed a manga like that was being advertised. There's also been several movements to ban loli's.

That scene in goblin slayer wasn’t that crazy. Could you imagine if A Kite was made today? People would have meltdowns because that had some rough scenes.
Jun 16, 2022 2:21 PM
Jun 2021
I quite enjoyed the show and the opening episode got talked about nonstop for the first month of the airing.
Jun 16, 2022 2:26 PM

May 2022
kriissyy12 said:
DarkHomieC said:

Yeah I heard about that, something where the UN was upset too. As far as lolis they aren’t my thing but if people like that stuff so what, it should be allowed to exist. To each their own.
Jun 16, 2022 2:26 PM

Jan 2021
I never watched the anime but I did eventually read the manga. The whole community was going wild over the first episode for this show. There were so many memes about it that it was the talk of the season.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 16, 2022 2:30 PM

May 2022
bibitmeinzmk said:
CHT13 said:

That scene in goblin slayer wasn’t that crazy. Could you imagine if A Kite was made today? People would have meltdowns because that had some rough scenes.

Kite is classified as hentai comparing it to regular anime is irrelevant and pointless. Besides it's OVA, which means it wasn't shown on TV in Japan. I know you like being edgy but be careful what you cut.

What’s that supposed to even mean? I’m comparing controversies. Of course that wasn’t shown on TV but it still was very controversial. Not trying to be edgy just making a point.
Jun 16, 2022 2:41 PM

May 2022
bibitmeinzmk said:
CHT13 said:

What’s that supposed to even mean? I’m comparing controversies. Of course that wasn’t shown on TV but it still was very controversial. Not trying to be edgy just making a point.

Any proof of it's controversial as you are claiming? Or do you not understand what hentai means?

Yeah let me go dig that up for you from 20 years ago. Also the censored version was not hentai but still with the implied scenes stirred controversy as well. I’ll look that up once you create a real account coward
Jun 16, 2022 2:43 PM
Jun 2021
I mean sure, but that doesn't seem like a fun anime community moment, thats a twitter moment. a much better experience would be watching darling in the franxx slowly turn into the dumpster fire it ended up being
Jun 16, 2022 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
CHT13 said:
DarkHomieC said:

Japan literally laughs Twitterans in their faces.

Jun 16, 2022 2:52 PM

May 2022
Piromysl said:
CHT13 said:

As they should, let twatter help Hollywood crash and burn. Leave Japan out of it, lol
Jun 16, 2022 2:58 PM
Nov 2020
kriissyy12 said:
DarkHomieC said:

It definitely does happen, but it’s not as common as it is in the west. There has been multiple times when controversy has happened in Japan.
Jun 16, 2022 3:12 PM
Mar 2021
FALSE_G0D said:
FMmatron said:
You didn't miss out on much. And it’s not like there's no shitty controversy and c tier drama going on every other season.

Essentially this. Pretty sure the Redo of Healer of controversy was just the same thing but amplified by factors. There's always that LNshit/isekaitrash adaptation every year that causes people to act retarded.

It was well known what Redo of Healer was before it aired, so the backlash wasn't that bad. Goblin Slayer from what I can tell was more of a shock for people, plus it was highly anticipated so had a lot more eyes on it. Goblin Slayer from what I can see definitely got way more attention.
Jun 16, 2022 4:52 PM

Aug 2017
Lol same, my favorite reaction vid so far is the Etika one

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jun 16, 2022 5:53 PM

Jun 2012
Gannoncox0 said:

not even close to the worst
but i do agree that the show was terrible
they made this dark and gory manga into candylike generic colorful and bland thing
Jun 16, 2022 7:27 PM
Jan 2021
I think it’s pretty overrated but still very enjoyable. Don’t care too much to see more but am glad there’s gonna be s2.
Jun 16, 2022 8:00 PM
Jan 2021
Gannoncox0 said:

L opinion show was actually getting pretty good at the the end
Jun 16, 2022 8:03 PM
Jul 2020
I too was upset before of the first episode but then later on i binged it again later that year and it was really good... guess i judged it at first
Jun 16, 2022 9:11 PM

May 2021
Present day controversies are far superior
Jun 16, 2022 9:55 PM
Jan 2022
thay show was wild! 10/10
Jun 16, 2022 11:39 PM
Nov 2018
DarkHomieC said:
CHT13 said:

I hope they never listen to the west.
Jun 17, 2022 1:35 AM
Oct 2017
Gannoncox0 said:

dogshit show and one of the worst of all time
*gives it a 5*
Jun 17, 2022 3:02 AM
Mar 2017
kriissyy12 said:
Went down a little rabbit hole of seeing reactions of people after the first episode and it's hilarious. Several big AniTubers calling it disgusting and a lot of people acting like it should be banned and removed from Crunchyroll. Not fair I got to miss it.

can you believe they actually tried to say it was worse than berserk????
Jun 17, 2022 3:04 AM
Mar 2017
Broadsider said:
Pretty funny stuff. Reminds me of the whole Shield Hero controversy because of the whole, "Shield Hero got Amber Heard by the Princess" plot. Goblin Slayer still a fire show though. Basically, take Doom Slayer in a medieval setting, and I'm satisfied with it.

bro no one said that they attributed to the me too movement no one cares about amber heard until the trial. besides Shield hero predates that crap.
Jun 17, 2022 3:06 AM
Mar 2017
CHT13 said:
Piromysl said:

As they should, let twatter help Hollywood crash and burn. Leave Japan out of it, lol

Shield hero as it was intended from the manga predates all that drama, any assumption that it was inspired by it is false. As per the author and fact by a simple timeline.
Jun 17, 2022 11:28 AM
Feb 2021
BloodyTaer said:
Gannoncox0 said:

dogshit show and one of the worst of all time
*gives it a 5*

You know what, you’re right, I’ve been meaning to change that score.
Jun 18, 2022 12:33 AM
Oct 2021
That's your biggest regret in your life?
Is this guy serious or is my life just sh!t?
Jun 18, 2022 12:38 AM
Mar 2021
ichihito said:

Wouldn't that make my life awesome, if this was my biggest regret? Means I rarely regret anything.
Jun 18, 2022 12:41 AM
Oct 2021
kriissyy12 said:
ichihito said:

Wouldn't that make my life awesome, if this was my biggest regret? Means I rarely regret anything.

why the "was"? Is this not you're biggest regret?
*confused*
Jun 18, 2022 4:05 AM
Apr 2022
I have the show an 8 cuz it tackles trauma and it’s effects which not many shows talk about. Like how many shows have u seen when a character literally pisses themselves out of fear. This type of stuff grounds the world in my opinion. Also makes death of bad guys more satisfying.

Also also these are the same people who say that the rape that happens in berserk is an important part of the world building (I love berserk btw). But bash on a less popular IP like Goblin Slayer.

Now if it was Redo of healer... well. That’s an entirely different case I think u know why.
Commander-TastyJun 18, 2022 1:35 PM
Jun 20, 2022 6:59 AM
Mar 2019
I hated it cuz you would get flamed for liking the show. I remember people calling fans of the show people who support rape or somebullshit. They dont realize fans of the show dont like the rape scenes, theyre put there to demonize the antagonists so you hate them more and have an understanding why Goblin Slayer wants to wipe these creatures off the face of the earth. Its a pretty good show to watch when I take a break from berserk and I’m happy we got more dark fantasy anime
Jun 20, 2022 3:43 PM
Aug 2020
Gannoncox0 said:

No way, It was not a dog shit show but people can have their own opinions about it. However, I can personally think of much worse shows like IS: , how not to summon a demon lord, future diaries, YO - NO etc
Jun 20, 2022 3:44 PM

Apr 2020
Don't worry.

Japan isn't short of source material that'll upset the west. So....stay tuned.
Jun 28, 2022 4:17 AM

Jun 2012
I'm rewatching it, and currently rewatching epsiode 1. I forgot how completely brutal this first episode was lmao. I forgot completely actually how the community was reacting when this first came out, was just thinking about it and saw this post lul.

At least there's a season 2 announcement which should be good.

Also someone above me said "You got hated for liking this show." Same shit with Redo of the Healer. Except Redo of the Healer was pretty bad.. But still.
Jun 28, 2022 8:26 PM

Apr 2018
You didn't miss out on anything, the same kind of thing happens every season. As is usually the case, the "controversy" was blown out of proportion, and the show itself was just bad. I watched the first episode during Etika's stream (was it a stream? Or was it a reaction he uploaded? Can't remember) and dropped it after that. I recall there being two very vocal groups when this show first came out: people who were upset the show was streaming on Crunchyroll and wanted it to be taken off the platform (which, of course, is stupid), and dumb edgelords who called anyone who didn't like the show "SJWs" - an utterly meaningless term thrown around by those stuck in a juvenile state of mind.

So, being someone who actually didn't like the show from what I had seen, but also being someone who wouldn't harass anyone for liking it, I was left out of this... argument? Between the two groups, I'd have to say the edgelords were worse; saying I thought the show was shit would immediately trigger them and send them into a rabid frenzy, as though they were incapable of imagining any reason one wouldn't like it.

This whole thing happened again with Shield Hero, which I thought was alright, and Redo of Healer, which was much worse. Just complete, utter garbage. I can at least understand why someone may love Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero, but I cannot comprehend what anyone sees in Redo of Healer. A conspiracy theory I have is that no one actually likes Redo of Healer, people just pretend to like it because they think they can trigger people (spoilers: this is fucking stupid and doesn't even achieve their goal, it only makes them look like they have shit taste).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.