Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 9, 2022 3:25 PM
Oct 2015
seems to me people are seething because theres finally a character that doesn't align with the moralfag ideology.

things like "justice, humanity, morals, heirarchy, society" thinks created by human contructs that don't exist in the material world. from the ideology of max stirner they are spooks.
self interest is top priority for her, just like max stirner, but at the same time, she isn't afraid to some times take time to help people if it pleases her ego, but always takes in consideration that actions will have consequences, example: if I help this person what will go wrong, will I get blamed? what benefit would get get, or is this person really telling the truth ? etc.

shes so different than most blind characters who believe everything and try to help every thing they see.

think of it this way, there is still human trafficing happening today, or even genocide hapening right now in 2022.

are any of you guys doing anything? or are you just tweeting random useless shit on twitter pretending it makes a difference? have you done anything in your life that is technically pure altruistic?

max stirner argues that every single person is an egoist, but often they don't know it, they create things like "good" and "bad' as a window to live their life through used to justify every action, but morality is subjective, and can change over time, the fact that nothing is concrete says stirner is another thing that proves that it doesn't exist. and people natrally want the best for them selves, even if they do something altruisticly, its because they themselves find plesure doing it. or if they do something for something else, its the act itself that makes their ego feel better, or expect something in return etc.

in this case some one like elaina is an egoist who is aware of this. and knows that there is no point hiding these things, and does exactly what she wants and anything that doesn't have net benefit to her is not to be done.
similar to max stirner.

i guess lets of self rightous people will get angry, but if you think about it, selfrightousness is also done for a selfish reason, which I could get in on but would be too long to type.

a good introduction would be reading the unique and its property, and then some aspects of daoism like yang zhus works. really helps open eyes to elainas world view
Neostorm-XJun 27, 2022 10:46 AM
Jun 9, 2022 6:54 PM

Jul 2015
No, Elaina is based on average Twitter user.

Jun 9, 2022 7:39 PM
Jul 2012
Piromysl said:
Excuse me explain your argument clearly please and thank you.
nepu nepu
Jun 9, 2022 7:41 PM

Jul 2015
SleepyNeptune said:
Piromysl said:

Narcissist, thinks works revolves around her, whole world must go to a screeching halt if something upsets her and pretends to care about people just to make herself look good.

Actually, this whole statement was supposed to be a joke, but jokes are way better if they are somehow rooted in reality.
Not saying that this is bad writing, because I'd take that than bland and boring Mary Sue #263515
PiromyslNov 13, 2022 8:19 AM

Jun 9, 2022 7:47 PM
Apr 2020
Piromysl said:
SleepyNeptune said:

Narcissist, thinks works revolves around her, whole world must go to a screeching halt if something upsets her and pretends to care about people just to make herself look good.

Actually, this whole statement was supposed to be a joke, but jokes are way better if they are somehow rooted in reality.

basically, plus I just felt like she had no character development the entire show.
Jun 9, 2022 7:56 PM
Jun 2021
what will happen if i say the name "rudeus" here
Jun 9, 2022 8:07 PM
Oct 2019
Self righteous protagonists are so obnoxious, morally gray or scumbag protagonists are infinitely more interesting and feel more human imo
Jun 9, 2022 8:35 PM

Aug 2021
That may be a possibility, especially in the sense of selfishness as Elaina herself is.
Jun 9, 2022 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
Sushi099 said:
Piromysl said:

basically, plus I just felt like she had no character development the entire show.

That’s why i like the show
Jun 9, 2022 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
Elaina being this way makes her feel more realistic than a regular mc with perfect morals and values
Jun 10, 2022 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
Besides elaina priotizes herself first, so she would avoid doing things (that is not her business) that’s troublesome to her
Jun 16, 2022 3:52 PM
Jan 2019
Elaina is based on True Witch concept.
Malevolent, cunning, deceitful, corrupt, blasphemous, very cynical and rude.
AlabamagodJun 16, 2022 4:12 PM
Jun 16, 2022 4:40 PM
Jan 2019
bibitmeinzmk said:
That sounds like true bitch rather than true witch.

Hahaha I kinda agree. Except that Elaina is not some average bitch but an extremely charismatic and charming bitch who does good and very good things sometimes.
Jun 20, 2022 11:40 PM
Oct 2015
Piromysl said:

why? shes literaly the COMPLETE opposite of a twitter user,
the twitter users are the type of people to yell at her?
Jun 20, 2022 11:42 PM
Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
SleepyNeptune said:

Not saying that this is bad, because I'd take that than bland and boring Mary Sue #263515

how is she a Narcissist?
also twitter users are usually self hating, not Narcissist, she doesn't even only think about herself though, she simply doesn't care about spooks, or social norms.
Jun 20, 2022 11:44 PM
Oct 2015
Sushi099 said:
Piromysl said:

its called a FLAT character,

luffy and goku never had any character development for the entirey of their hundreds of episodes in their shows ether, I can find more examples if I try hard enough, i think gintoki from gintama is that as well.

look up what a flat character is,
a flat character develops their world and the things around them while staing the same,
while a dynamic character gets shaped by the world around them,
in this sense luffy for example is what you would call an "ubermensch" the unshakable from whatever odds the world throws at him, he keeps to his own ways no matter what,

eilana in this sense is a bit like that as well.

Jun 20, 2022 11:47 PM
Oct 2015
Alabamagod said:
Elaina is based on True Witch concept.
Malevolent, cunning, deceitful, corrupt, blasphemous, very cynical and rude.

"deceitful, corrupt, blasphemous"
give me examples of those?

also doesn't the witches rule their world?
wouldn't it be the opposite since blasphemousness is against the ruling diety, and if shes one of them its impossible to be blasphemous,
also she has literally not told a lie yet as far as i know?

it seems to be that you don't like her because of your subjective moral compass instead of her character
Jun 21, 2022 7:42 AM
Jan 2019
Neostorm-X said:
it seems to be that you don't like her because of your subjective moral compass instead of her character

You're wrong. I love her endlessly.

Neostorm-X said:
also she has literally not told a lie yet as far as i know?

I'm not even surprised you don't know that Elaina is a great liar because the director significantly nerfed Elaina and cut out her rotten and dark personality by making her a terribly fluffy, sugary, simple-minded, typical innocent moe girl who lives her sunshine and rainbow dreams about the world and is incapable of learning anything from her journey.
LN Elaina and Anime Elaina are completely different characters.

Regarding "she has literally not told a lie yet" part
Vol 4 spoiler:

Neostorm-X said:
deceitful, corrupt

She's a freakin scammer who rips off dumb/innocent people and who is constantly being chased by the military police(and others) because of scam activity.

Riviere and The Nation of Prayer 2017 ver. spoiler(spin-off taking place between Vols 3 and 4 of the main story by Majo no Tabitabi LN author):

Neostorm-X said:
blasphemous

Vol 13 spoiler:

Also Vol 4:

AlabamagodJun 22, 2022 6:30 AM
Jun 21, 2022 9:18 AM
Jan 2019
Neostorm-X said:
wouldn't it be the opposite since blasphemousness is against the ruling diety, and if shes one of them its impossible to be blasphemous,

No. Witches are just human beings. They are not the top of the world. There are multidimensional beings that stand above their entire world and consider the human race as their livestock.

Also, there's no exact religion in terms of deity worship in Majo no Tabitabi world, but there's one nasty ancient religion called "Magic Supremacy" where all non-mages are considered "Less Than Human Anima/Subhuman Anima"("Anima" means Soul) and are treated like animals.
AlabamagodJun 21, 2022 9:26 AM
Jun 24, 2022 3:12 PM
Oct 2015
Alabamagod said:
Neostorm-X said:

No. Witches are just human beings. They are not the top of the world. There are multidimensional beings that stand above their entire world and consider the human race as their livestock.

Also, there's no exact religion in terms of deity worship in Majo no Tabitabi world, but there's one nasty ancient religion called "Magic Supremacy" where all non-mages are considered "Less Than Human Anima/Subhuman Anima"("Anima" means Soul) and are treated like animals.

no but they are considered nobles or at least part of the ruling part of the party with one of the most influence in their world. my point still stands
Jun 25, 2022 1:20 AM
Jan 2019
Neostorm-X said:
Alabamagod said:

no but they are considered nobles or at least part of the ruling part of the party with one of the most influence in their world. my point still stands

Witches are nobles? Yes. Witches are government influential figures? Relatively, more likely yes than no. Witches are Gods? No, absolutely not.

Definition of blasphemy

a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God
// accused of blasphemy
b : the act of claiming the attributes of a deity
// for a mere man to suggest that he was … divine could only be viewed … as blasphemy
— John Bright †1889

That's exactly what Elaina always does. Her persona alone is already blasphemy lol because she's morally possessed by demons one of which literally pretends to be an angel but is even worse than a demon. Her pseudo-evangelical counseling in Vol 13 is blasphemy as possible. Elaina even said to one of her clients, "God is dead. There is no God anymore."
Jun 25, 2022 11:36 PM
Oct 2015
Alabamagod said:
Neostorm-X said:

Witches are nobles? Yes. Witches are government influential figures? Relatively, more likely yes than no. Witches are Gods? No, absolutely not.

Definition of blasphemy

// accused of blasphemy
// for a mere man to suggest that he was … divine could only be viewed … as blasphemy
— John Bright †1889

That's exactly what Elaina always does. Her persona alone is already blasphemy lol because she's morally possessed by demons one of which literally pretends to be an angel but is even worse than a demon. Her pseudo-evangelical counseling in Vol 13 is blasphemy as possible. Elaina even said to one of her clients, "God is dead. There is no God anymore."

"God is dead. There is no God anymore."
wait she really said that?

WAIT THEN MY POINT IS TRUE THEN, thats literally what stirner and niezche said!
she really is an author reference to max stirner, ether that or niezche
Jun 25, 2022 11:53 PM
Oct 2015
Alabamagod said:
Neostorm-X said:

Definition of blasphemy

// accused of blasphemy
— John Bright †1889

also as max stirner says morals don't even exist, they're just spooks, so this also makes sense.

also it seems that you are biased against eliana cuz you're a christcuck or one of those radical terrorist supporters lol.

god ain't real kek.
even if he is, no one owes him anything, you guys are just cowards who are afraid of hell, even if god is real i would never obey him. and also hell was made up by the catholic church and didn't even exist in the original mythology. as with christmas was originally the sun gods descend nothing to do with jesus.

also im surprised you gave this series like a 10/10 if you hate elaina so much.
personally even though i like elaina i dislike this series since its boring as fuck most of the time.
elaina should kill some whiteknights for fun or take over a country sometime perhaps it would be more entertaining.
Neostorm-XJun 26, 2022 12:04 AM
Jun 26, 2022 2:11 AM
Jan 2019
Neostorm-X said:
cuz you're a christcuck or one of those radical terrorist supporters lol.

I'm an atheist who only believes in the laws of the universe, and your assumptions about me are fundamentally incorrect because I'm very interested in the world, human nature and all human activity. Just like Majo no Tabitabi LN author himself.

Neostorm-X said:

Because LN aka source material is infinitely better than anime. LN is way darker, deeper, funnier (there's black humor) and truly interesting compared to this ultra-fluffy anime adaptation with its lots of Out of Character moments...
Like this:

Anime adaptation is nothing but Majo no Tabitabi kids version.

>if you hate elaina so much

I clearly said above that I LOVE Elaina endlessly.
Read that comment again.
AlabamagodJun 26, 2022 2:24 AM
Jun 27, 2022 10:32 AM
Oct 2015
Alabamagod said:
Neostorm-X said:
cuz you're a christcuck or one of those radical terrorist supporters lol.

I'm an atheist who only believes in the laws of the universe, and your assumptions about me are fundamentally incorrect because I'm very interested in the world, human nature and all human activity. Just like Majo no Tabitabi LN author himself.

Neostorm-X said:

Because LN aka source material is infinitely better than anime. LN is way darker, deeper, funnier (there's black humor) and truly interesting compared to this ultra-fluffy anime adaptation with its lots of Out of Character moments...
Like this:

Anime adaptation is nothing but Majo no Tabitabi kids version.

>if you hate elaina so much

I clearly said above that I LOVE Elaina endlessly.
Read that comment again.

i\I apologise for misassuming, but you seem to be someone who talks about objective morality when talking about blasphemy this seems inconsistent with your said world view consider you claim yourself an atheist.

also The way you constantly list things that elaina did makes me think you despised her.
Jun 27, 2022 12:32 PM
Jan 2019
Neostorm-X said:
also The way you constantly list things that elaina did makes me think you despised her.

Being a fan of a character doesn't mean blindly praising them by focusing only on their good sides. Being a true fan of a character is when you're fine with everything they do but don't deny any of it at all. If a character does something really bad you have to admit "it's bad" and not even try to defend them in order to make him/her seem nicer in the eyes of others. I follow this principle. In other words, I'm used to seeing things as they are.

I love everything about Elaina her rottenness, her coolness and chadness, her rare kindness and humanity, her philosophical and melancholic side and even a bit sentimental. Everything.
AlabamagodJun 27, 2022 12:52 PM
Jun 28, 2022 5:53 PM
Oct 2015
Alabamagod said:
Neostorm-X said:

Being a fan of a character doesn't mean blindly praising them by focusing only on their good sides. Being a true fan of a character is when you're fine with everything they do but don't deny any of it at all. If a character does something really bad you have to admit "it's bad" and not even try to defend them in order to make him/her seem nicer in the eyes of others. I follow this principle. In other words, I'm used to seeing things as they are.

I love everything about Elaina her rottenness, her coolness and chadness, her rare kindness and humanity, her philosophical and melancholic side and even a bit sentimental. Everything.

wait then, are you supporting my point? or against it, because im confused by your comments here, my thread was highlighting the similarities between elaina and max stirners ideology(or rejection of ideology)
but it seems you agree with me?
i guess this was a misunderstanding?
Jun 29, 2022 6:33 AM
Jan 2019
Neostorm-X said:
Alabamagod said:

wait then, are you supporting my point? or against it, because im confused by your comments here, my thread was highlighting the similarities between elaina and max stirners ideology(or rejection of ideology)

My primary point was "Elaina is based on True Witch concept", because the LN author loves witches very much, and judging by how rotten and insane the witches in Majo no Tabitabi world are (
) , he definitely prefers the typical European witches rather than overromanticized Japanese witches who bring endless light and happiness to the world.
However, I find it pretty funny that my listing of things about LN Elaina ended up as a supporting element to your point. Unfortunately. I can't say if your point is the truth we're looking for, but I agree with it anyway.
Jun 29, 2022 7:17 PM
Oct 2015
Alabamagod said:
Neostorm-X said:

My primary point was "Elaina is based on True Witch concept", because the LN author loves witches very much, and judging by how rotten and insane the witches in Majo no Tabitabi world are (
) , he definitely prefers the typical European witches rather than overromanticized Japanese witches who bring endless light and happiness to the world.
However, I find it pretty funny that my listing of things about LN Elaina ended up as a supporting element to your point. Unfortunately. I can't say if your point is the truth we're looking for, but I agree with it anyway.

EUROPEAN witches? how is "tyranny, homicide, genocide, human experiments, etc." any indication of eurpean witches?
no witch has ever even existed and those accused of being a witch were mostly pagans,
it was christcuck propaganda that portrayed all pagans as satan and evil that led to most witch hunts,
how is this in any way indication of european witches?
this was a war on paganism using propaganda and group think to rile people up to lynch a certain set of people with specific believes.

its like the whole retarded QANON movement that pretends that everyone which is their political opponents are pedos or some stupid shit. alarmist bullshit like "oh noo *certainpolitican* is running a child trafficing den"

its exactly like this but for witches.
the concept of non malevolent witches are not japanese at all, but rooted in pagan and celtic cultures and myth across northern europen, and were very peaceful ages and druids who had a connection with nature and performed alchemy to perform magical tasks.
Christcucks ruined many cultures and commited the largest amount of genocide known to man if anything all that was described "tyranny, homicide, genocide, human experiments" should be attributed towards popes and pastors
Jun 30, 2022 9:20 AM
Jan 2019
Neostorm-X said:
Alabamagod said:

EUROPEAN witches? how is "tyranny, homicide, genocide, human experiments, etc." any indication of eurpean witches?
no witch has ever even existed and those accused of being a witch were mostly pagans,
it was christcuck propaganda that portrayed all pagans as satan and evil that led to most witch hunts,
how is this in any way indication of european witches?
this was a war on paganism using propaganda and group think to rile people up to lynch a certain set of people with specific believes.

its like the whole retarded QANON movement that pretends that everyone which is their political opponents are pedos or some stupid shit. alarmist bullshit like "oh noo *certainpolitican* is running a child trafficing den"

its exactly like this but for witches.
the concept of non malevolent witches are not japanese at all, but rooted in pagan and celtic cultures and myth across northern europen, and were very peaceful ages and druids who had a connection with nature and performed alchemy to perform magical tasks.
Christcucks ruined many cultures and commited the largest amount of genocide known to man if anything all that was described "tyranny, homicide, genocide, human experiments" should be attributed towards popes and pastors

I guess I need to be more specific in what I say from now on, if I'm not being understood very well.

By "the typical European witches" I meant the image of witches that existed in medieval Europe during "Witch Hysteria", which eventually became one of the important parts of various fairy tales, that's all.

By "overromanticized Japanese witches" I meant the image of witches in the anime industry as a whole that has become a standard already, otherwise Anime Only wouldn't have written so much hate about Elaina because of her unheroic behavior. People are used to associating witches only with something very positive and nothing else, which is why Anime Only were so surprised with dark themes in Wandering Witch. Judging by their reaction, if the anime is about witches, it means an innocent high-moral hero who saves people or solves someone else's problems all the time and lives in a Disneyland-like or something like that world. That really annoys me.

Neostorm-X said:

It's very ironic but the mages in Majo no Tabitabi world are mostly religious fanatics, especially hundreds of years ago.
AlabamagodJun 30, 2022 2:07 PM
Jun 30, 2022 11:31 AM
Mar 2018
The director really nerfed Elaina's character in the Anime. They tried to make it lighter than it supposed to be. When Alabamagod described Elaina about being Liar etc. I laughed because I already knew that the description is really true. I remember in the LN where Elaina act as a fortune teller to scam people. I was hoping they animate that too, she helped the King about the inflation in his country but she's not really heroic in that chapter because she don't hold back when the King asked what to reward and the action she made prior to that so maybe that's why they skipped that. That's what I like about Elaina too, her being true witch. And I understand that it might cause misunderstanding if you describe Elaina with these traits that it sounds like trashtalking her but it's true especially when you read the LN and in her perspective.

About OP's post I suppose they have similarities but we don't know if she's based to Max Stirner. But thanks to you I've learned something that I don't know yet. I thought that Elaina is a realist because she doesn't want to be in trouble like what she promised to her mother and she knows what she's capable. But I supposed it's different. I thought that being a realist is you know that not anything goes well and not something people do don't have anything in return. I believe too that people act to their self-interest but I think it's okay to act with or without that as long as it's not the intention of hurting someone. Also, I believe that helping someone because you want is okay but, this may sound contradicting to what I just said, I reject the idea of helping someone because you afraid of going to hell.
Jul 1, 2022 1:27 AM
Oct 2015
Deruin said:
The director really nerfed Elaina's character in the Anime. They tried to make it lighter than it supposed to be. When Alabamagod described Elaina about being Liar etc. I laughed because I already knew that the description is really true. I remember in the LN where Elaina act as a fortune teller to scam people. I was hoping they animate that too, she helped the King about the inflation in his country but she's not really heroic in that chapter because she don't hold back when the King asked what to reward and the action she made prior to that so maybe that's why they skipped that. That's what I like about Elaina too, her being true witch. And I understand that it might cause misunderstanding if you describe Elaina with these traits that it sounds like trashtalking her but it's true especially when you read the LN and in her perspective.

About OP's post I suppose they have similarities but we don't know if she's based to Max Stirner. But thanks to you I've learned something that I don't know yet. I thought that Elaina is a realist because she doesn't want to be in trouble like what she promised to her mother and she knows what she's capable. But I supposed it's different. I thought that being a realist is you know that not anything goes well and not something people do don't have anything in return. I believe too that people act to their self-interest but I think it's okay to act with or without that as long as it's not the intention of hurting someone. Also, I believe that helping someone because you want is okay but, this may sound contradicting to what I just said, I reject the idea of helping someone because you afraid of going to hell.

they likely did it, to sell merchandise, most people tend to buy mercendise from cute girl characters, if they went overboard with her egoism it might have alienated their intended target audience I presume,

funny enough the western audience still hated her, with they ultra politically correct view point, they were lured to watching this anime from her cute demeanor only to have their image shattered when they realized this wasn't an entirely "cute girl doing cute thing" anime.

you know what? i think this anime could have been so much more successfull, if they literally went full on with her egoism, and max out the edgyness,
after seeing how well stuff like redo of a healer did (the books sold out instantly after the anime aired)
there is a silent majority of anime watchers who actually like this kind of no holds barred protagonist, and by not appealing to them and advertising this as some kind of moeblog show slice of life, they placed their audience into cognitive disonnance
Jul 1, 2022 1:37 AM
Oct 2015
Deruin said:

also to add to this, I don't want to make you assume things since its very hard to describe stirners ideology with only a few paragraphs but it is very similar to the original taoism religion and advents of it like the ancient chinese philospher YANG zhu

stirner himself inspired a TON of people from all political sides,

from facists to mussolini, to absurdists like albert camus, or to hedonists like Jun Tsuji,
to existentialists like nietzche, to anarchists like Fumiko Kaneko, to marxists like hegels.

egoism is not really a philosphy in itself,
but like atheism is not a religion but a rejection of all religion,

egoism is a REJECTION of all ideologys and all "spooks" which are fictional things that have no place in the materal worlds, something that influences your mind like shackles,
to put it for a better word a “spook", is an idea or thought that haunts or possesses you and controls your actions above all else.

example of "spooks"
God, property, Man, Human, Reason, community, money, the people, love, worker, race, state, morality.

stirner simply believed they didn't exist, or were wrongly sanctified and control you. that normal people are a SLAVE to these spooks, unable to live how they want to without these things to control them. and advocates for people to be selfish and act in their own self interest, and says there is nothing wrong with selfishness and it is actually natral for people to be inherently selfish, however being a slave to spooks is worse because you are acting in purpose for those spooks and not yourself.

its hard to describe his ideology without people misinterpreting them,
lots of people misinterpret his works as some kind of might is right stuff, like mussolini, or a better alternative to communism like hegels where property and ownership is abolished.

the title of his book, is often misinterpreted as well, there are somehow people who think of ayn rand when egoism is refered to, however max stirner could not be more different in his definition of "egoism"
The German word "einzige" refers to a singular entity that remains autonomous and loyal only to itself but joins together collectively out of necessity to accomplish its own goals. Eigenthum means "an idea or physical object put into application". meaning you could still work and help people if it ultimately benefits you, or makes you happy. while objectivism makes up some crazy "objective" view on the world and some how thinks that certain "spooks" are bad but others are ok (making ayn rand a hypocrite)

this could be said that einzig is the prototype of something like an ubermensch that you do things your own way without influence of outside things. the rejection of all social norms and set rules.

stirner is mostly considered left wing by anarchists because he literally thinks "private property" is a spook and . however he doesn't believe in socalism at all, and believe that people should just take whatever they want if they need it, without "spooks" to limit them, basicly stealing, lots of people might say oh thats just might is right stuff, but it is more complicated than that.

basicly he says that all property is only property if backed up by force,
if for example i go into a forest, and i pick up a rock, THAT rock is my property. however if a theif shoots me into the head, and takes that rock, then that rock is THEIR property, then if the police arrest the theif and throws them in jail and confiscates that rock, then it is the STATE's property etc. So he thinks that all land squabbles and political borders aren't real,
if a country has land that used to belong to some one else, it doesn't matter, since its not theirs anymore etc unless they can use force to take it that is until an international armed force invades and forces them to give it back etc(example ww2 nazi germany) other wise its theirs, so winners decide what is property or what not.

to repeat myself "stirner doesn't want people to be enslaved by internal forces such as conscience, reason and other "spooks" or "fixed ideas" of the mind (including religion, nationalism and other ideologies)." this includes objective morality, so in a sense you can say if i want a piece of bread I can steal it, however stirner also said that if you encourage rampant stealing, it is actually not within your self interests because then it would increase the chance of you getting robbed yourself. however the notion is, that there is no universal law against anything, like stealing killing or maiming etc. If you donate to a local library or charity or even a beggar it can improve the living space you are or improve the lives of other people on so technically even though you did an altruistic act that isn't hypothetically selfish, you technically still did it for your own enjoyment,

so giving to the poor because of moral obligation is bad, but giving to the poor purely because it makes you feel good, or if you want to improve your community for your own benefit is good.

so "spooks" are not entirely useless stirner simply wants everyone to be aware of spooks, identify them and not be a slave to them,
for example as an egoism, you can convert to christanity if it benefits you, but then switch religions when you are no longer happy with it, and stirner even says that since god does everything in their self interest, they themselves are an egoist so they shouhldn't have problems with you doing this, and even if they do, they can fuck off because you shouldn't be afraid of spooks like "hell" or purgatory.

if you say it like this it bears a LOT of similarities to epicurian hedonism.
basicly as an egoism its like the marshmello test.

a kid is given a marshmello and told if they could last without eating it they could get another. a true egoist would wait, because they would get more benefit from waiting to get more happiness in total etc.

so a vast majority of egoists aren't going to just start raping and killing random people because "morals" don't exist, they aren't gonna do that because ultimately its going to make their lives worse, since people are going to try to get revenge, or even if they were superman and could rule the world, he argues that constantly killing and looting isn't forfilling for some ones life and they would have no friends, so they wouldn't do it, HOWEVER if you some how find that killing and looting all your life is some how forfilling then there is not moral obligation to stop you etc.

egoism also rejects race, and nationalism and even gender.

stirner has no kinship with his "race" or his "people" he only has kinship with himself, and the people that he personally likes or enjoys the company of etc.
he even makes subtle nod that countries don't even exist political boarders are completely arbitrary, and only determined by force and it is true through history as well.

if all humans are wiped out and aliens come years later, these "borders" would not exist in the aliens eyes etc.

stirner is like an ultra radical in many's eyes since he literally has ideas that are SO foreign that he wouldn't even be considered a part of the poltical axis as he rejects it entirely.
he would be a facist if it temporarily benefited him(but he would not agree to any of the ideals) he would be a communist if it temporarily benefited him (but he wouldn't have kinship with "the people" or give a damn about "equality") he could be a libertarian if it benefited him (but he would still not believe in privare property and still pirate every single software or even rob banks if he could get away with it)
basicly like an epicurian hedonist and an opportunistic nihilist.

to sum it up stirner if anything is adamantly against "dogmatism" the belief that something is sacred or the extreme dedication to something that controls you to act for it, but not yourself,
he isn't against facism but SACRED facism, he is not against liberalism but SACRED liberalism, not against communism but SACRED communism, not against religion but SACRED religon, not against progressiveness but SACRED progressiveness etc.

MAN THIS IS SO FUCKING LONG I still haven't even gotten into 2% of the detail fuck, im running out of space. please just look up 'unique and its property"
Neostorm-XJul 1, 2022 2:10 AM
Nov 13, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2015
Neostorm-X said:
Piromysl said:

Not saying that this is bad, because I'd take that than bland and boring Mary Sue #263515

how is she a Narcissist?
also twitter users are usually self hating, not Narcissist, she doesn't even only think about herself though, she simply doesn't care about spooks, or social norms.

Bruh, hints are all over the place throughout the series, most notably her saying "My heart is pure" unironically, despite straight up vile shit she was doing.
In the final episode she literally committed selfcest, which makes this so damn obvious.

Nov 13, 2022 11:29 PM
Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
Neostorm-X said:

how is she a Narcissist?

Bruh, hints are all over the place throughout the series, most notably her saying "My heart is pure" unironically, despite straight up vile shit she was doing.
In the final episode she literally committed selfcest, which makes this so damn obvious.

Eh i disagree, she does not have delusions of grandeur, thats one of the key symptoms of a narcissist.
She likes herself but that doesn’t automatically make her a narcissist,
Imo some one like light yagami is a narc, since he constantly sees himself as a god who should rule over people and who gets to decide who lives and who doesnt.

Your definition of a narc is different than the medical diagnosis, elaina is an egoist not a narcissist. Everyone is inherently an egoist but some people embrace it more, she doesn't force her views on other people and does not enjoy manipulating other people like narcissists do, instead keeping to herself unless she gets pulled into something. She also has an open mind to different religions and world views, and doesn't take anything seriously, opposite of a narcissist.
Narcissists also constantly seek validation from other people and seek for others to like them, while elaina is mostly indifferent, she loves herself but doesnt need others to also obsess over her,
But in this aspect she does have parts where she falls short in, although this is not enough to diagnose some one as a narcissist
Nov 13, 2022 11:41 PM

Jul 2015
Neostorm-X said:
Piromysl said:

Eh i disagree, she does not have delusions of grandeur, thats one of the key symptoms of a narcissist.
Imo some one like light yagami is a narc, since he constantly sees himself as a god who should rule over people and who gets to decide who lives and who doesnt.

Your definition of a narc is different than the medical diagnosis, elaina is an egoist not a narcissist. Everyone is inherently an egoist but some people embrace it more, she doesn't force her views on other people and does not enjoy manipulating other people like narcissists do, instead keeping to herself unless she gets pulled into something. She also has an open mind to different religions and world views, and doesn't take anything seriously, opposite of a narcissist.
Narcissists also constantly seek validation from other people and seek for others to like them, while elaina is mostly indifferent, she loves herself but doesnt need others to also obsess over her,
But in this aspect she does have parts where she falls short in, although this is not enough to diagnose some one as a narcissist

That's literally what narcissist is wtf

Nov 13, 2022 11:45 PM
Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
Neostorm-X said:

No? are you are moron, look up the term.
I went over this before in psychology courses, thats exactly what a narcissist is.
You would be stupid if you think anyone who cares about themselves as a narcissist, then everyone is a narcissist.

Thats like saying “you earn money? Well you are fucking greedy” most retarded argument i hear.
Nov 13, 2022 11:47 PM

Jul 2015
Neostorm-X said:
Piromysl said:

I went over this before in psychology courses, thats exactly what a narcissist is.
You would be stupid if you think anyone who cares about themselves as a narcissist, then everyone is a narcissist.

Thats like saying “you earn money? Well you are fucking greedy” most retarded argument i hear.

You are wrong and pls don't go emotional.

Nov 14, 2022 5:01 AM
Mar 2018
Neostorm-X said:
Piromysl said:

Let him be OP. He doesn't understand or trying to understand what you're explaining.
Nov 14, 2022 10:56 PM

Jul 2015
Deruin said:
Neostorm-X said:

Let him be OP. He doesn't understand or trying to understand what you're explaining.

Bro literally went through emotional 🤓 moment, trying to convince others that he went through some "courses" and Elaina literally got laid with alternate version of herself amongst other things, yet apparently she still is NOT narcissist.
How the hell am I supposed to take him seriously?

Nov 15, 2022 12:21 AM
Mar 2018
Piromysl said:
Deruin said:

Bro literally went through emotional 🤓 moment, trying to convince others that he went through some "courses" and Elaina literally got laid with alternate version of herself amongst other things, yet apparently she still is NOT narcissist.

Well if you read the explanation of the OP and the replies on this thread then OP is quite right on some things. Well I can't blame you if it's too long to read. But regarding to what you just about Elaina describing herself "My heart is pure" this is what we're talking about how the anime changes what's really in the LN. Elaina didn't describe herself as pure hearted. In the LN she actually wrote "I'm a man" not "My heart is pure".

It is easy to misunderstood the character if you don't know their POV. The LN can provide the character's POV especially their internal monologue in which the anime can't provide.

If you still disagree then let's agree to disagree.
Nov 15, 2022 12:32 AM

Jul 2015
Deruin said:
Piromysl said:

Well if you read the explanation of the OP and the replies on this thread then OP is quite right on some things. Well I can't blame you if it's too long to read. But regarding to what you just about Elaina describing herself "My heart is pure" this is what we're talking about how the anime changes what's really in the LN. Elaina didn't describe herself as pure hearted. In the LN she actually wrote "I'm a man" not "My heart is pure".

It is easy to misunderstood the character if you don't know their POV. The LN can provide the character's POV especially their internal monologue in which the anime can't provide.

Bro, anime literally changed this line to make her narcissism much more obvious.
Anyone who watched this show would notice that as well.

Nov 15, 2022 12:35 AM
Mar 2018
Piromysl said:
Deruin said:

Bro, anime literally changed this line to make her narcissism much more obvious.

LN reader beg to differ. But yeah let's agree to disagree.
Nov 15, 2022 12:40 AM

Jul 2015
Deruin said:
Piromysl said:

We are talking about anime here. And that line was quite literally changed for a reason.

Nov 15, 2022 1:45 AM
Mar 2018
Piromysl said:
Deruin said:

We are talking about anime here. And that line was quite literally changed for a reason.

Sounds fair. I treat Anime Elaina as different character to LN Elaina. Well that's just me.
Nov 19, 2022 10:44 PM
Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
Deruin said:

thanks for proving you are under 18 by using the 🤓 emoji.
its like you came right from tiktok.

and also no shit I would get a bit annoyed at you when you completely ignore everything i wrote and just go like
"no ur wrong"

i've seen many people like you on places like reddit and twitter, ones who just bring up, "ha ha, look at this man getting mad, hahah I win ur wrong and I better leave before you get emotional and criiii"
then acting as if using some emoji would give your opinion any validation lmao. you only make yourself look more like an idiot.

like escanor would say, "why would I get angry at some one as pathetic like you? I only feel pity"

Nov 19, 2022 10:48 PM
Oct 2015
Deruin said:
Piromysl said:

Sounds fair. I treat Anime Elaina as different character to LN Elaina. Well that's just me.

that guy is acting like animes never fuck up adaptations,
and even if it were true, it doesn't debunk anything,

not to mention.
this was not the point of a discussion, even if she were a Narcissist( she isn't) she could still be an egoist because an egoist akin to stirner would understand labels as being spooks, and would do whatever damn well would be beneficial to them in the long run within their self interest.

think of it like an opportunist that changes ideologies based on which ever one benefited them more, seeing past arbitrary metaphysical concepts like "spooks"
Nov 19, 2022 10:51 PM

Jul 2015
Neostorm-X said:
Piromysl said:

and also no shit I would get a bit annoyed at you when you completely ignore everything i wrote and just go like
"no ur wrong"

i've seen many people like you on places like reddit and twitter, ones who just bring up, "ha ha, look at this man getting mad, hahah I win ur wrong and I better leave before you get emotional and criiii"
then acting as if using some emoji would give your opinion any validation lmao. you only make yourself look more like an idiot.

like escanor would say, "why would I get angry at some one as pathetic like you? I only feel pity"

Yea, sure. Dude is completely wrong about everything, has conniption about being called out, resorts to pathetic ad hominem in desperation and makes baseless assumption on someone's age and there's a mandatory projection as a cherry on top.

Tell us more, please.
PiromyslNov 19, 2022 10:54 PM

Nov 21, 2022 5:13 PM
Oct 2015
Piromysl said:
Neostorm-X said:

"no ur wrong"

Yea, sure. Dude is completely wrong about everything, has conniption about being called out, resorts to pathetic ad hominem in desperation and makes baseless assumption on someone's age and there's a mandatory projection as a cherry on top.

Tell us more, please.

lol are you talking about yourself?
you were the one who resorted to stupid tactics like "U mad"
I don't think im gonna waste time conversing with you anymore.

if you're not gonna take this seriously I don't see why I should ether.

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.