Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ya Boy Kongming!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 9, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
It looks like the stage is set for the big performances. At the moment, it looks like it's Kongming goal to obtain 100k likes. Not easy but he's got a brain and a plan.

Nanami looks like she was born for this moment. However, there's also rumors spreading around about Azalea that seems to be hindering their progress. Scary. I can't wait to see Eiko's own performance in the finale.
Jun 9, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
The final stretch: the 100,000 Likes Project and the Summer Sonia Concert, kicks off in Shibuya...the music battle between Eiko vs. Azalea is underway!

This episode is a moniker to one of Zhuge Kongming's famous stratagems in the Three Kingdoms: The Battle of the Red Cliff - capturing arrows with boats of straw in fog. And in this case, using the strategy to capture the arrows (people's hearts) with the boats of straw (Azalea's case of buying likes and Eiko's case of borrowing Azalea's marketing to earn likes) in the fog to start the 100k likes hunt.

And Nanami has no way of stopping this but going with what will earn them the money and fame. That's where Kongming's next strategy, the Stratagem of Alientation (or Separation) to fight the real battle unmasked, and unplugged with Kabetaijin's gob lip-smacking rap, and wait till the fans hear Eiko's new original song "Dreamer".

Battle is NECK AND NECK...who will emerge trumphant? Next week will be a smackin' finale to end this dark horse strong!
KANLen09Jun 9, 2022 7:31 AM
Jun 9, 2022 7:29 AM

Dec 2012
this episode was too short
Jun 9, 2022 7:38 AM
Sep 2015
Underworld is a good song.
Jun 9, 2022 7:42 AM

Oct 2017
Azalea's version of underworld is better.

That's a pretty underhanded tactic but well whatever works I guess. Looking forward to hearing Eiko singing.
Jun 9, 2022 7:43 AM

Feb 2008
What a way to end episode .. Cliffhanging.. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 9, 2022 7:50 AM

Jun 2021
I really loved the contrast between Eiko and Nanami at the beginning of the episode. We can see that Eiko was smiling and the sun was shining brightely on her face, but on the other hand, Nanami was more into the shadows and had a depressed look. That's some amazing cinematography!

I really missed Kongming's stratagems and him outsmarting his opponents with those. The way he used Azalea's name and fame, and collected free likes from it, was brilliant!. I also liked how Kabe, with his rapping, trashed Azalea and the crowd but despite being so riled up, they had to accept that he was pretty good.

Now, all this leads to the final battle: Eiko vs Nanami, which I'm very excited for. I really want to see Nanami perform in her 100%.
Jun 9, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2011
A band battle is always welcomed. And on Kabe field, that is dissing the opponent.

We are at 11 episode already, and the Owner still doubt Kongming, that is getting old. At least everyone else trust.
Jun 9, 2022 8:04 AM

May 2021
AHHH I HATE CLIFFHANGERS I WANNA WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE ALREADY :(

Jun 9, 2022 8:26 AM

Dec 2010
Why the hell did it have to end like that...
The suspense... the cliffhanger... the pain of waiting...

Nice to see Koumei have a backup plan in case worse happens and he'll just destroy Azalea internally.
Jun 9, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2015
What a good episode, man it sucks there's only one episode left and PA Works never does sequels
Jun 9, 2022 8:45 AM

May 2016
Kabe diss against Azalea was superb, non the less Azalea was really good as well, couldn't
really appreciate the fanservice while Nanami
was suffering and ashamed of herself Infront
of Eiko.

That effin cliffhanger I saw it coming miles away... can't wait for DREAMER.
Jun 9, 2022 8:45 AM

May 2012
Love the episode especially now that Eiko's Fan finally spoke. :)
Jun 9, 2022 8:47 AM

May 2016
@MegamiRem Azalea tactic was way worse using money to buy likes for a ticket for the event.
Jun 9, 2022 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
Dang, Kabe on fire
Freakin hot lol
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jun 9, 2022 9:13 AM

Feb 2019
One last episode man what a cliffhanger to leave off on. Can’t believe we’re saying goodbye to this next week. Would love another season. Such a surprising blast if a show.

Hoping Nanami can finally become free
Jun 9, 2022 10:11 AM

Oct 2013
Azalea somehow reminds me of Babymetal.
Jun 9, 2022 10:22 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Eiko's singing of underworld was pretty good. Everyone was just there for the QR Code and guess what?!
Kongming's plan to gain likes really worked pretty well! They stopped at 70472 likes when people started to realise it wasn't Azalea's QR Codes and they actually arrived though...
Azalea singing Underworld was definitely better.
Seems Nanami didn't want Eiko to see her singing...
Kongming asks Kabe to rap.
'Yeah, Yeah!'
And wow, they managed to spread rumours of the QR code being fake...
Who will win?!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 9, 2022 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
Oh my God, this episode is both hilarious and exhilarating!

The reason being... The strategy Kong Ming used in this episode. It's such a cheeky tactic that uses their opponent's already dirty strategy to Kong Ming's advantage. By the end of the episode, it's essentially just Twitter battles lmao! From ripping off Azalea's song, tricking the mindless audience to scan the QR code and like Eiko's post, to then causing further confusion by DISSING Azalea publicly and claiming that Azalea's QR code leads to a scamming website, what an immensely savage of a strategy. Completely peculiar yet absolutely priceless to watch!

Still, though, it's all fair game. If Azalea employs the use of buying likes with money, then Kong Ming has all the rights to fight it dirty, but at the very end of the day... Eiko will shine brighter and take that W home. Damn, 1 last episode, I'll be sure to adore next week's episode.
Jun 9, 2022 10:44 AM

Jun 2020
I was looking forward for this week's episode but now I really want to know how things will end. Next episode will be the best one, with us finally being able to listen to Eiko's new song (praying that it's a banger).
Jun 9, 2022 10:57 AM

Feb 2012
Kongming's battle begins! That episode had me on the edge of my seat.

First gather intel on Azalea's guerilla live and then take their likes by executing Azalea's plan before they do.

Now the real Azalea arrive, Eiko/Kabetaikin have baited the crowd into dismissing them as a "fake Azalea", Kabetaijin improvises a diss on the spot and turns the crowd's words around. No wonder Kongming scouted him out.
Fortress_MaximusJun 9, 2022 3:13 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 9, 2022 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode! Let's see how eiko will get through to the people there xd. This episode gone so fast too. Last episode gonna be epic!
Jun 9, 2022 11:51 AM
Jun 2020
This episode ended in its best part.
Jun 9, 2022 12:30 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The stage is set for the final battle for 100,000 likes between Azalea and Team Eiko under the dense fog in Shibuya. Azalea's manager has already put in motion to secure 100,000 likes by putting on a surprise concert and having the fans buy a ticket to purchase those likes via QR code. Kong Ming used the dense fog to his advantage by having Eiko's group appear where the fans were gathering and Eiko sing Azalea's song while throwing up their own QR code. This cheeky little tactic gave them 70,000 likes until the real Azalea band showed up and they started performing beginning a tug of war for the likes.

Nanami however was suffering on the inside as she was forced to do her manager's bidding and when she saw Eiko in the crowd she couldn't stand the sight of being see by her while wearing that ridiculous outfit on stage. Kabetaijin responded with a vicious attack on Azalea exposing them as frauds on stage which he got a lot of heat from the fans for it. One of Eiko's biggest fans started spreading a rumor that Azalea's QR code is a scam causing among their fans, so far Kongming's stratagem of Alienation is proving to be a success. All is left is for Eiko to perform her song to deliver the crushing blow.

If this plays out the same way in The Battle of The Red Cliffs(aka Chi Bi), then Azalea's plans of buying 100,000 likes will go up in smoke.
Jun 9, 2022 1:07 PM
Jun 2019
I loved the contrast at the beginning of the episode, where Eiko was illuminated with sunshine, while Nanamin color's were all stale and gloomy. Same time of the day, different emotions.

Chotto matte, if Eiko sang Azalea’s song, wouldn’t that be a copyright violation, ESPECIALLY since it’s in Japan.

There’s a great emphasis on b**bs and a*s, just like most modern music, ESPECIALLY hip-pop or pop.

Joey-XD19202Aug 6, 2022 9:11 PM
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jun 9, 2022 1:34 PM
Feb 2011
I'm wondering how Azalea is even "qualified" to be competing in the 100,000 like thing...

The way it was explained was to find promising amateurs to perform at Summer Sonja, right? Didn't Nanami just say they were pros? So...doesn't that disqualify them even if they get a hundred thousand likes? (Not to say they can't just buy their way into Summer Sonja, which is likely what many of the other pro "promising amateurs" are doing anyway)

A professional, investor backed team curb stomping an up and comer isn't really something that brings in money. Sure, it can be oh so fulfilling for the up and comer if they do happen to win...but it's just not even the same game when the pro team can dump 100,000,000 on buying likes, is it?

I think Summer Sonja might take at least a bit of a reputation hit being okay with that...like, "Ok, so you're just as curated as any other event now, letting people just buy their way in from a pre-decided "competition"...nothing special to see here."

Maybe I'm just thinking too much...

That being said, AWESOME episode! I was even ok with it being a cliffhanger where it was. They tied up the episode plot points, and set the stage for the major showdown without trying to make it seem like it was totally hopeless for Eiko and company. Best kind of cliff-hanger...I REALLY want to watch the next one, but I'm not freaking out waiting for it.
Jun 9, 2022 1:45 PM
Aug 2020
the episode was so good it felt like it lasted 5 minutes only
Jun 9, 2022 2:07 PM
Nov 2017
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I WANTED TO HEAR EIKO SING!! HOW WILL I WAIT ANOTHER WEEK Q__Q
Jun 9, 2022 3:13 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Kongming playing dirty. I like it

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 9, 2022 3:46 PM

Dec 2013
Man I really like Nanamin's costume, it hits all the right spots, the episode was over in a flash and only one episode left : (
Jun 9, 2022 4:02 PM

Feb 2012
Fun fact: Eiko and Azalea's QR codes actually work!

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 9, 2022 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
This series just gets better by the week. God Kabe, Kongming were Goated this week and Next week Will be Eiko's time to shine and I am HYPED for it!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 9, 2022 4:36 PM

Sep 2020
I just need to know how Kongming climbed on top of the Shibuya109.
Jun 9, 2022 5:00 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was dumb AF.

Azalea's strategy for getting likes it's ridiculous, throwing money at their fans and wannabes for likes. Just a regular and planned event would had easily gathered them enough likes based on how absurdly popular they are. The whole goose hunt in Shibuya (one of the most congested blocks in Japan) is totally dumb even for anime terms. Imagine unleashing 100000 people without a a clear target of where they wanna go in such a crowded area, stampede like moves would had been created, along with complete vehicular shutdowns.

Konming plan is even more farfetched, they somehow knew the exact place where Azalea would place their truck along preemtively knowing the whole strategy of buying people for likes. Even with their superhacka, they didn't show any evidence he got the leaks or how did he manage to get this info that probably only Azalea's manager knew of. And obviously they are going for the "power of a song" to make Azalea turn their backs on their own agent. I dunno, I think even shows with magical girls and guys with supernatural powers feels more grounded and believeable at this moment.

Azalea's manager is quite a hypocrite, he told the girls to forget about their instruments, but smacked one of the setup staff guys for mocking them on the same instructions he gave them when they allegedly were climbing the ranks in their early days.

Jun 9, 2022 5:21 PM

Apr 2020
So hype! Loved the ending I really cannot wait for the final episode (hoping for s2) I found it so sad that nanami was ashamed to show eiko this side of her, the manager is so possessive over the group that I can't wait to see kongmings plan take them down! Hopefully azalea is free one day and is able to create music that they want to
Jun 9, 2022 5:43 PM
Feb 2021
Kimurah said:

Konming plan is even more farfetched, they somehow knew the exact place where Azalea would place their truck along preemtively knowing the whole strategy of buying people for likes. Even with their superhacka, they didn't show any evidence he got the leaks or how did he manage to get this info that probably only Azalea's manager knew of. And obviously they are going for the "power of a song" to make Azalea turn their backs on their own agent. I dunno, I think even shows with magical girls and guys with supernatural powers feels more grounded and believeable at this moment.

because Kongming doesn't have to know? what, is Azalea just not going to take advantage of a massive crowd gathered around a fake Azalea and expose them for being fakes?
Jun 9, 2022 5:57 PM

Mar 2020
Ohh that was great!! I'm enjoying this battle!!!! And it's time for Eiko-chan! And that will be next week and it's the final episode.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 9, 2022 6:01 PM

May 2021
Kongming tactic episodes still the best as always. Sad that this was the penultimate episode of the season.

Jun 9, 2022 6:01 PM

Jul 2013
That went by WAY too quickly! Such great moments in this episode. I love when Kabe went ham with the dissing. My favorite part is when Nanami realized Eiko was there. That was quite heart wrenching. Very excited for the last episode.
Jun 9, 2022 6:43 PM
May 2019
Episode ended too quick this week and it was pretty good !
Very excited for the last episode.
Jun 9, 2022 7:01 PM

Aug 2018
Man I hope there is a full release of underworld, I prefer the azalea version.

man this ep was good
_______I like rocks__
Jun 9, 2022 7:14 PM

Dec 2018
Amazing episode! Kongming strategy is working great as always.
So, that's how 'pro' work? Nanami still can sing and dance greatly even her mind are so embarrassed when Eiko saw her in those persona.
And how Kongming can go to the top of that high building? Guess he sneak around...

Hope Eiko actually sing better than Nanami... And does her new song including Kabe rapping? Can't wait for the last episode next week!!! So waku waku.

Jun 9, 2022 7:24 PM

Oct 2015
Canr wait fot the all music release. Azalea song is pretty dope so far.
Jun 9, 2022 8:25 PM
Sep 2013
Kimurah said:
This episode was dumb AF.

Imagine unleashing 100000 people without a a clear target of where they wanna go in such a crowded area, stampede like moves would had been created, along with complete vehicular shutdowns.

You don't need 100000 people on street. People tweet and retweet.
Jun 9, 2022 9:16 PM

Feb 2021
I still can't get over how funny that producer is, best character of the whole show lol.

And that Azalea song was some serious power metal there, I'm honestly surprised they can even dance to that.
Jun 9, 2022 9:26 PM

Feb 2020
Damn, cliffhanger. I wanted to hear eiko's singing 🥲 can't wait for the final episode next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2022 9:35 PM

Jul 2016
Kongming's stratagem was so scummy and I absolutely loved it. After all, Azalea's plan of buying "likes" was already scummy from the get go so...

Excellent episode. Pretty sure Kabe's rap touched a nerve in Nanami so now I look forward to her singing her heart out for the final showdown with Eiko.
Jun 9, 2022 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
great episode I can't wait for the next episode
removed-userAug 14, 2022 1:57 AM
Jun 9, 2022 9:45 PM

Aug 2018
DON'T FINISH AHHHHH!!!!
You could feel the tension here, Kongming's strategy against Azalea was working, although it was missing Eiko singing(ahhhh!!!!). But it will be in the next and last chapter.
Very good chapter.
Jun 9, 2022 10:11 PM

Apr 2013
Uggggggggh. Having to wait a week for the conclusion and to hear Eiko's full version of DREAMER is going to be such a pain D:
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

224 by Bielna »»
Apr 15, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

104 by Mailo91 »»
Apr 3, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2022

90 by Sexyjutsu »»
Mar 28, 2:00 AM

» Romance

mechian - May 8, 2022

41 by Rob7 »»
Jan 21, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Paripi Koumei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2022

71 by Based_Department »»
Dec 25, 2023 6:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.