Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 9, 2022 3:42 AM
Jul 2021
I watched 26ep of the season and now I don't know which movies should I see so please tell me which movie is important to watch
Thanks for sparing your time
Jun 9, 2022 3:48 AM
May 2021
End of evangelion is the only important movie.The rebuild movies are not necessary.
Jun 9, 2022 3:48 AM
Aug 2021
End of Evangelion. And then Rebuilds. Also, Death & Rebirth if necessary.
StaciasJun 9, 2022 3:52 AM
Jun 9, 2022 3:57 AM
Jan 2021
End of Evangelion is the only you have to watch, Death and Rebirth is a recap of the show with some extra scenes so only watch it if you want to and the other movies are an alternate version of the story hence why people call them rebuilds so only watch them if you really want more Evangelion
Jun 9, 2022 4:02 AM
Dec 2021
End of Eva -> Eva rebuild
Jun 9, 2022 5:18 AM

Aug 2020
Jun 9, 2022 5:27 AM
Jul 2021
NoBoDY-5 said:
End of evangelion is the only important movie.The rebuild movies are not necessary.

yes they are they are the Canon ending to the series
Jun 9, 2022 6:01 AM
May 2020
Rennnnnnnnnnnnnn said:
NoBoDY-5 said:

What? No, they're not. The rebuilds and the original series + EoE are different canons entirely. EoE is the completion of the original story made with the time available that they didn't have the first time around to tell the ending they originally wanted. The rebuilds are a hollow cashgrab made a decade later to stuff Khara's pockets and which devalue the franchise.
Jun 9, 2022 7:43 AM
Jul 2021
rvfharrier said:
Rennnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

What? No, they're not. The rebuilds and the original series + EoE are different canons entirely. EoE is the completion of the original story made with the time available that they didn't have the first time around to tell the ending they originally wanted. The rebuilds are a hollow cashgrab made a decade later to stuff Khara's pockets and which devalue the franchise.
yeah absolutely not, watch the documentary about the creator and u can see how important they are and how the creator of the story thought they were needed
Jun 9, 2022 8:49 AM
Feb 2021
End of Evangelion is the end of the show I think (honestly not sure, it’s a weird movie).

Death and Rebirth is just a recap movie, you can skip it.

The first two rebuild movies start out as remakes of the show, then the third and fourth become their own thing.

Hope this helps
Jun 9, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2016
Rennnnnnnnnnnnnn said:
rvfharrier said:

yeah absolutely not, watch the documentary about the creator and u can see how important they are and how the creator of the story thought they were needed

If you have to watch a documentary to understand why something is necessary, then it's not necessary (?)
Jun 9, 2022 9:27 AM
Jul 2021
Daninokuni said:
Rennnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

If you have to watch a documentary to understand why something is necessary, then it's not necessary (?)
no. It is cannon therefore it is necessary but if you actually need proof you can watch the documentary. Even I havent watched all of it
Jun 9, 2022 10:44 AM
Jan 2022
Watch End of Evangelion (the last 2 episodes of the anime will probably make more sense) and then the rebuilds. I see the rebuilds as being part of the original story.
Jun 9, 2022 11:43 AM
Aug 2020
Aditya_69 said:
I watched 26ep of the season and now I don't know which movies should I see so please tell me which movie is important to watch
Thanks for sparing your time

End of Evangelion is episode 25 & 26 but from a general narrative (plot) perspective unlike the individualistic characterization of the Shinji as shown in the anime.

Death and rebirth is not necessary as it is a recap of the anime.

Rebuild of Evangelion aka Evangelion theatrical version is an alternate timeline in which the movie deviates from the original anime from the second movie (Evangelion 2.0). It has certain new concepts and a clear conclusion unlike the original.

There are four rebuilds: 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.0+1.0.

I really enjoyed the rebuilds as it was very well directed and understandable (at least more than original).
Jun 9, 2022 1:51 PM
Apr 2021
Rennnnnnnnnnnnnn said:
rvfharrier said:

where can we watch the documentary? what is it called?
Jun 9, 2022 1:53 PM
Jul 2021
nadiaaaaaaaaaa said:
Rennnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

where can we watch the documentary? what is it called?
It's called Hideaki Anno: The Final Challenge of Evangelion and it's on Amazon Prime
Jun 9, 2022 2:39 PM
Jan 2022
end of evangelion
Jun 9, 2022 3:54 PM

Oct 2020
The End of Evangelion comes after this. I haven't watched the rebuilds so I don't know if you should watch these or not.

Jun 9, 2022 4:03 PM

Dec 2019
As a lot of people said, End of Evangelion is the next part.
Personally, I like the rebuilds. I don't know why people dislike it so much.
Jun 9, 2022 6:14 PM
Feb 2022
Watch The End Of Evangelion then after that watch the rebuild movies
Jun 14, 2022 10:20 PM

Sep 2020
Watch End of Evangelion right after and then watch the Rebuild movies. OG fans seem to hate the Rebuild movies for some reason, but I liked them. I'd recommend checking them out yourself.

More topics from this board

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

68 by Miscanthus »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

194 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

CitizenGeek - Mar 27, 2008

245 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 18, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CitizenGeek - Mar 27, 2008

268 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 17, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

290 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 16, 5:19 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.