Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Technically, it's not a date but I guess Nagi thinks of it as a "date" with Hiro this episode. Funny how after that meeting, Nagi is motivated more than ever to get number 1 on the exams.

Looks like the episode had themes of destiny, particularly for Nagi. The pacing is ok so far for the show, adapting about 2 chapters per episode.
Jun 4, 2022 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
It's Kamakura, not the usual Kyoto. It's Kamakura, Osaka Shizuku's hometown.
Unfortunately, Nagi did not use his chance during the field trip to stay with Hiro alone.

Komachi-dori, Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu, Kotoku-in, Sugimoto-Dera, and Hokoku-ji Bamboo Forest are the location in this episode.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 4, 2022 10:26 AM
Jul 2016
that side character was so funny like it's fucking Matsuoka Yoshitsugu he usually plays the harem protagonist of every anime and it made me laogh so hard hearing him perform this minor character
Jun 4, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
Feels like a turning point in the series for sure. Hiro looks like she really wants to get out of her arranged marriage situation but has kinda lost the will the fight it anymore. Hopefully Nagi can help her at least be able to choose her own destiny whether it’s with him or someone else.

On the other hand, looks like Erika and Nagi are starting to realise that they may have more than just “pretend” feelings about each other too. Think this is the end of the fake relationship stage and the beginning of some actual character and relationship development. Exciting!
Marinate1016Jun 4, 2022 10:35 AM
Jun 4, 2022 10:46 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Nagi was very very very excited to hear Segawa accept his request to form a group together.
He fantasizes too much and thinks its a date xD.
She just wants to collect shrine stamps...
Seems her claim that if he wins 10 more test scores was useless considering she has a fiance...
But...
she asks him to change her fate if he can!
That gets Nagi extremely excited and he starts studying right away until Erika tells Nagi that someone he is grouped with is a fan of her.
Erika decides to go on the school trip.
That guy really is a mega fan of her...
He asks Nag'is permission to approach her lol.
She uses him as the cameraman.
'I think the picture taken by Nagi-kun is the best.'

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 4, 2022 10:53 AM

Sep 2019
Erika x Nagi incoming? Nagi clearly cares about Erika. Overall, nice development and progression for this episode.
Jun 4, 2022 10:58 AM
Feb 2021
Nagi: *Incredibly excited at the prospect of getting to spend all day with Hiro after hearing her all but confess to him*

Also Nagi: *Completely ignores Hiro through the entirety of the field trip because suddenly he's concerned about Erika out of nowhere*

I get that these two are the main couple, but it feels kind of weird that his feelings did a 180 in the span of half an episode.
Jun 4, 2022 11:15 AM

May 2020
Yeah Matsuoka voicing someone other than the main dude in a harem... yes in a harem.
Jun 4, 2022 11:24 AM

Jul 2017
To be Hiro's fiancé is a hard task: a relationship to inherit the family business, and for all intents and purposes, Nagi still wants to make it work. Furthermore, the field trip is a chance for Nagi to continue his hookie with Hiro for a supposed "date" of sorts to Kamakura...to collect more shrine stamps, of course.

In regards to the confession, Nagi really doesn't want to let go of Hiro, even to the point of forgetting that she is already engaged, hers tied to a family ordeal that she couldn't escape from. But what if, a "what if" moment if she lost to Nagi and both were able to date, that's destiny to change their esteemed fate. I mean seriously, Hiro is giving Nagi a chance to steal her away from fate.

The issue: a unknown guy whom knows of the three of them whom joins their group, and Erika acts as her own security to ensure that Nagi and Hiro have time together. And he's revealed to be Shion Asoma, he's a pain in the butt to deal with. Like Komi-san's Naruse, Shion is just as narcissistic to go for the popular girl for Erika to keep him occupied, but as always, Nagi is also over-worried about Erika and potentially losing her to Shion...like come on, make up your mind.

To Hiro, Nagi is desperate for her because she feels like he can change her destiny.
To Erika, Nagi is a good cameraman, but her real reason, would ALSO change her destiny (implied by the "friend", the "fri" part washed away by the ocean, symbolizing the end of a friendship and the start of a relationship).
So shall we Nagi? Who's gonna win this love triangle?
Jun 4, 2022 11:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being a heir apparent to taking over the family temple sounds like a stressful experience. Given her fame thats a sensible approach for Erika but man she's missing one of the best things about school life. Sleepless night before trip day huh we all been there. Damm Asoma looks like quite the handful. The animation this ep was spot on with the sunset forming an excellent backdrop. Overall a pretty fun ep that did while to expand upon Hiro as a character via the reveal of her inner hopes as well as some nice dev for Nagi and Erika as well. Curious though at Erika's comment though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2022 11:50 AM

Jun 2021
Nagi is so stupid i swear. He's totally gonna lose Segawa after all she said to him and him getting so excited, just b/c he was jealous of someone else was spending time with Erika. But between them they are throwing all sorts of feelings at him now so idk now, i would be content as long as he ends up with someone.
Jun 4, 2022 12:06 PM

May 2020
man whys nagi being so stupid
he had such a great chance with hiro after her saying she wants to be saved

the second half of the ep was kinda hard to watch without cringing smh
still gonna watch the anime tho

Jun 4, 2022 12:10 PM
Dec 2021
I found out in a bamboo scene when Erika taking pictures with Shion, Erika said that "That's right. I'm Princess Kaguya" is this become a reference from Tonikaku kawaii? since seiyuu Kitou Akari is actually both are the CV. for Erika and also Tsukasa, which is from Tonikaku kawaii
Jun 4, 2022 1:25 PM
May 2020
nagi himself ruined the date that wasnt a date
Jun 4, 2022 1:48 PM
May 2022
lmao matsuoka, the voice actor for the harem main characters
Jun 4, 2022 1:56 PM
May 2022
the ending of the episode with the wave was smart
Jun 4, 2022 2:16 PM

Dec 2020
Hmm that was so clear that Nagi shows more attention to Erika.
The end hmm what’s going on erika.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 4, 2022 2:43 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Nagi calling Segawa to go with him on the tour but ends up looking only at his furture wife
Jun 4, 2022 2:45 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
For someone like Nagi who continues to simp for Hiro even though she's already engaged. He really missed an opportunity to hang out with Hiro because he was worried about Erika spending time with another guy. Nagi's feelings are all over the place as he can't decide whether he wants Erika or Hiro.
Jun 4, 2022 3:25 PM

May 2018
Matsuoka voices yet another idiot lol the fan is so annoying
Jun 4, 2022 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
that ending was nicely done... #TeamErika
Jun 4, 2022 5:10 PM
Jun 2008
just a bad nisekoi clone with a terrible premise.

Like I was legit wondering if they would ever do anything with the switched at birth but nah just throw out an engagement and moving in together and then never show the family or mention the plot point of switched at birth again.

what was even the point other than to make some generic love triangle that is so formulaic it feels like its been done 1000 times before.

just seems to be a male power fantasy of i wish i could date an instagram model wish fulfillment anime now.

I stopped watching with 5 min left to go in the ep, dropped with a vengeance.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jun 4, 2022 10:13 PM

Dec 2007
A MEGA-PINT!!! Confirms anime sides with Johnny!

Jun 5, 2022 1:36 AM

Jun 2020
If it does looks like a date smells like a date then that is not a date, No walking together under the rain for Nagi but he got a big ass chance from Hiro to change everything behind

Yeah another guy like that I had a feeling Nagi is going to get jealous which I hope not, This guy is really those annoying types but glad that it keeps the atmosphere lively but sorry this guy's VA is the king of Harem so he's in for a challenge, I'm surprised that SubsPlease hinted a mega pint reference

Just like that Nagi can't focus on getting close to Hiro, lul her face with a friend written on the sand is hilarious good to see Nagi x Erika is still alive.
Jun 5, 2022 6:14 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The school trip seemed like a promising opportunity for Nagi to get closer to Segawa, but due to Erika’s fan tagging along Nagi was so fixated on those two that he couldn’t focus on collecting stamps with Segawa. Kinda hurts to see because I’m personally on the Segawa train but Erika did have another really good moment with Nagi on the beach at the end, gotta love those masterful accidental selfies lol, and the friend letters being washed away to say “end” was a nice touch.

But yeah, at this point it looks like Erika and Nagi both may start acknowledging that they have feelings for each other, which will definitely spark drama later down the line, but I’m here for it lol. I’m also glad Erika’s fan wasn’t really a jerk and even asked Nagi if he could make moves, he might be an obsessed fan but he’s not a bad guy.
Jun 5, 2022 7:17 AM

Jan 2019
Interested to see how a whole second cour will play out, as it seems that Nagi and Erika are on the brink of admitting they have feelings for each other just seven episodes in to the first cour!

Jun 5, 2022 8:55 AM

May 2022
catullus said:

Like I was legit wondering if they would ever do anything with the switched at birth but nah just throw out an engagement and moving in together and then never show the family or mention the plot point of switched at birth again.

what was even the point other than to make some generic love triangle that is so formulaic it feels like its been done 1000 times before.

just seems to be a male power fantasy of i wish i could date an instagram model wish fulfillment anime now.

I stopped watching with 5 min left to go in the ep, dropped with a vengeance.

I keep trying to drop this show. So many missed opportunities for a good story or good character development, then it just becomes one cringey episode after another. I feel guilty for watching, but the cliffhanger at the end of this episode means I will come back next week.

I lose my self-respect every time I watch. It is a total waste of time, a bad show, a total disappointment, and I will drop it too!

After one more episode.
Jun 5, 2022 9:06 AM

Jan 2022
Nagi is so dumb. He ruined the day that Erika planned for him and Hiro. He probably disappointed Hiro, I feel bad for her now that she basically confirmed her feelings for Nagi. Nagi didn't even enjoy his day since he was busy worrying about Erika. I can't decide if I want Hiro or Erika to win. Now for that cliffhanger... excited about next week.
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 5, 2022 10:44 AM

Jan 2021
There's a little episode on my cliffhanger...oh my the ending...
Jun 5, 2022 11:03 AM

May 2022
It’s probably a fake out. This is one of those shows that will keep switching which girl he truly likes and it’ll have misunderstandings constantly. Also just when you think you have a sense of where it’s going they’ll throw the sister in to confuse matters even more. It’s exactly what I thought it would be. I’ve been enjoying this show up until now but I don’t know if I’m just getting tired of these types of shows because I was getting annoyed during the school trip part knowing full well that this was likely to play out the way it did. I’ll give it a few more episodes hoping that it will surprise me. Chances are it won’t, it’ll most likely stick to the formula.
Jun 5, 2022 12:31 PM
Apr 2021
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Nagi: *Incredibly excited at the prospect of getting to spend all day with Hiro after hearing her all but confess to him*

Also Nagi: *Completely ignores Hiro through the entirety of the field trip because suddenly he's concerned about Erika out of nowhere*

I get that these two are the main couple, but it feels kind of weird that his feelings did a 180 in the span of half an episode.

100% agree, seemed to sudden and kinda thru me out of the whole thing. There's no frikan way he would basically completely ignore the girl he's been wanting to be with. maybe a glance here and there but that was ridiculous
Jun 5, 2022 1:06 PM

May 2021
Seems like we might move onto the serious stuff now. Its been good as a comedy so far but its more serious aspects have been underwhelming.

Jun 5, 2022 1:26 PM
Apr 2018
Knowing the author, I knew she (it's a she, right?) can deliver good plots, like some secrets that will be revealed later. So I'm not dropping the manga yet.

But still... this is way weaker than Yamada-kun's story and plots.
Jun 5, 2022 5:29 PM

May 2019
Good episode overall, but was surprised that Nagi didn't focus on Hiro on the field trip as I thought he would after obsessing over it. Erika changing her mind at the last minute so that she could take care of the fan was a little strange, like I was thinking did Erika have ulterior motives?? I'm sure the sister will get involved again sometime soon as it's been a couple of episodes since we last saw her. I still think, and kind of hope for, Erika will come out on top as it would also help their families out but Hiro is a good girl too. Looking forward to the next episode!
Jun 5, 2022 6:54 PM
Jan 2018
This ending was beautiful but I'm still rooting SO MUCH for Segawa (yeah, I know Erika will be with Nagi because this is a Rom-Com but a man can dream right)

And since that kid appeared hiding behind the wall, it became clear to me that he is Segawa's fiancé, I started to doubt since she didn't show any discomfort during the tour but now that the two disappeared at the end I'm sure they're talking with each other in secret. Please someone spoiler me if I'm right or wrong.
Jun 5, 2022 6:59 PM
Jan 2018
nigellittle36 said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

100% agree, seemed to sudden and kinda thru me out of the whole thing. There's no frikan way he would basically completely ignore the girl he's been wanting to be with. maybe a glance here and there but that was ridiculous

I completely agree, that part was pretty annoying, come on Nagi you're better than that
Jun 5, 2022 7:40 PM

Nov 2016
It's so cringe when Hiro thinks it's up to the Nagi to change her fate and engagement nonsense
Jun 5, 2022 8:31 PM

Aug 2021
Even though it should have been just a trip for the two of them, Erika joined because of that fan, and since Nagi didn't take her eyes off them and Segawa felt it, in the end, Erika has her reasons.
Jun 5, 2022 10:43 PM

Nov 2012
Nagi was so busy being jealous and cock blocking, that he ignored Hiro.

It was smoothe how the wave turned friend to end. Indeed that trip marks the ending of at least 1 friendship.
Jun 5, 2022 11:11 PM

Oct 2017
The new guy is pretty annoying.
Jun 6, 2022 8:01 AM

Apr 2021
Lezzgo Erika gang! #Erigang

Jun 6, 2022 9:43 AM
Oct 2019
interesting hearing Yoshitsugu Matsuoka not voicing MC in Harem Anime lol

Oh boy Nagi acting really dumb or is he really have a feeling for Erika?
This is getting more complicated...
Jun 6, 2022 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
They did Hiro dirty, just when she was opening up to the idea of being “saved” by Nagi too.
Jun 6, 2022 4:45 PM
Jun 2013
catullus said:

Nisekoi itself was terrible so whats your point? and also since when Nisekoi created the "our parents arranged a marriage for us" trope or made it popular? this is a super old trope, this series has absolutely nothing original but neither Nisekoi had.
Shinuki_n_RebornJun 6, 2022 4:49 PM
Jun 6, 2022 7:18 PM
Soaring

Aug 2014
Man what a letdown.
So first they have this huge development with Segawa. Then during the school trip they throw all that away as if it never happened and out of nowhere have him do a 180 completely ruining his date. Like wtf why?

Now this development wouldn't have been as bad if it didn't happen ONE DAY after Segawa asked him to change her fate and if there had been at least some kind of romantic moment with Amano before it to explain these feelings. But the way it was done was just awful. Downright terrible episode.
Jun 7, 2022 6:00 AM
Mar 2012
For many episodes been clear the harem centers on Erika that everyone likes, now there's a bunch of wrenches thrown. Then there's Nagi's romantic ideals (totally opposite Hiro's personality), delusions & what is he even aiming for?
Shion totally another stalker fan, lol Kirito turning into Petelgeuse there.
Jun 7, 2022 11:58 AM
Apr 2022
Kinda disappointed in Nagi. He had the chance to spend time with Hiro but instead spent it whining and complaining. He doesn’t deserve Hiro at this point...in all honesty, I feel like they are trying to start the love triangle now but it feels so unbelievable. Right after Hiro subtly confessed to Nagi, he starts to become jealous of Erika? I understand this was inevitable, but there should’ve been a stronger catalyst than just going on a field trip where you also are on with you school crush...
thunderkitten13Jun 9, 2022 5:38 PM
Jun 7, 2022 11:59 AM
Apr 2022
MugenNoShirayuki said:

My thoughts exactly.
Jun 7, 2022 1:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
School trip and surprisingly Erika is also joining the Segawa - Nagi group because one of her fan Shion is joining as well and even though the main goal was for Nagi to spend his time solo with Segawa and just ended up being obsessed by Erika because he's afraid of Shion hmm, well sure that he doesn't know who to love at this point, he wishes he would be in Girlfriend Girlfriend I believe lol it would fix the issue, but anyway now Erika is teasing something but I'm sure Nagi just isn't ready for all of that.
Jun 7, 2022 5:09 PM
Jun 2008
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
catullus said:

Nisekoi itself was terrible so whats your point? and also since when Nisekoi created the "our parents arranged a marriage for us" trope or made it popular? this is a super old trope, this series has absolutely nothing original but neither Nisekoi had.

To be fair I rated Nisekoi a 4 and dropped it while i rated this a 3 and dropped it so what I said can still be true. And while I wouldn't argue that Nisekoi was original in any way its a very popular anime people would be familiar with and it is a very good comparison in regards to stupid anime like this one. That makes it a good reference to use.

do you have any other issues with what I wrote?
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

8 by Mainblocks »»
Apr 17, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2022

72 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

129 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:31 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 6

5 by baymaxemon »»
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

45 by claymorwan »»
Mar 5, 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.