Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2022 5:55 PM

Nov 2020
Fucking epic at HP1, with skill, speed, dodge, and strenght at very high values, Hyunckel only against all the entire chess army. And the appearance of Lahart at last!, Maximum and his scan complete owned, he was already destroyed xD.

All the figures in this Dai tsuki tv are amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JIuXRypQE4

-Hyunckel-Jun 4, 2022 3:11 AM
Jun 3, 2022 5:58 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 3, 2022 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
There's Hyunckel again proving himself as one of the most badass guys in this show.

Maximum is such a prick in this show...honestly, going after a wounded Hyunckel like that makes him look like a coward. Not going to lie, I like the Hym and Hyunckel chemistry in these latest episodes.
Jun 3, 2022 5:59 PM

Dec 2020
I already imagine that some people will whine for the 3D scenes and the easy plot twist of Larhalt's returnal but i don't care it was fun and well executed
Jun 3, 2022 7:37 PM

Jun 2015
LOL they gave Maximum the Ultraman's take off
Jun 3, 2022 7:39 PM
Oct 2016
Larhart coming to the rescue! Talk about another crazy entrance. Hyunckel is right there miracles keep coming in bunches. All these people thought dead are returning in very fortuitous times. Maybe they could be called cheap but this isn't a super serious narrative even if the toes get dipped in that direction sometimes. Still a somewhat campy story so I let it slide for the rule of cool. Because let me tell you Larhart reaching Hyunckel was cool as hell! Absolutely clutch moment right as that arrogant King piece was about to strike Hyunckel down. Hyunckel whom had finally realized his own compassion after all the growth he's had in this series. He did good taking down most of the other chess pieces, just hollow puppets compared to the royal guard. It makes a lot of sense the King piece would really only be good at strategy since the King piece in chess is very weak and immobile. Almost acting as a player surrogate commanding the other pieces. I've liked how chess fundamentals have been implemented into the orihalcum warriors motif and their powers and move sets. Now they're all gone though except Hym. Mystvearn is the only real threat left before facing Vearn himself. Time for Dai and crew to take down the last, and most mysterious, general.
Jun 3, 2022 8:40 PM
Sep 2015
Hyunckel's new boyfriend meets Hyunckel's ex boyfriend, 3P?

I love how Hyunckel's trait is actually masochist, I'm not even kidding. In Hero's Bond, his attack get stronger and he has higher defense when his HP is below 50%, there's no other explanation other than he love to feel pain LOL. Imagine him with 1 HP doing me.
Jun 3, 2022 9:39 PM

Sep 2018
Well the last ep of Halo Arc is really good. Next week will be the beginning of Blood Fight Arc, one of the longest (15 eps)
phantomfandom said:
Hyunckel's new boyfriend meets Hyunckel's ex boyfriend, 3P?

Sorry Amy and Maam, you are not good enough for Hyunckel lol XD
Jun 3, 2022 10:09 PM

Feb 2012
Does anyone else want to pretend to be dead?

The king was a true idiot
Jun 3, 2022 10:27 PM

Feb 2019
What a fucking episode. This show is just shonen done right. I had no idea how Hyunckel and Hym would get out of that situation, Larhart being alive is something I never would have expected or thought of. I love how NO characters are wasted in this series. Literally everyone has got some really good resolution and been used well.

Love that Omae wa mou shindeiru shock too
Jun 3, 2022 10:38 PM

Sep 2018
Do not be in a hurry to criticize these resurrections. DnD always explains them in a great way, and even adds more depth to characters. There are some certain reasons to bring back Avan, Hym and Larhart :3
Jun 3, 2022 11:29 PM

Jun 2021
Was expecting hym to transform into weapon tho..

king access is an annoying and dumb power.. it took lots of seconds of screen time.
Jun 3, 2022 11:36 PM

Jan 2009
king scan and king access is good for tactics but ye the king is an idiot anyway

Larhart is too fast

around 20 more episodes to end it all
Jun 4, 2022 12:23 AM

Sep 2013
If i had to point a fatal flaw for this anime is that the supposed deaths and comeback of characters are wayy too frequent,its something common from that era of nekketsu but i never liked that concept,like in DBZ for example.

How many times we got baited into goodbyes scenes that had real impact who then got completely ruined when the character comes back unscarred and stronger than ever with some deus ex machina explaination

Now for that 1 hp Hyunkel,don't really know what to think of it,guess you can say he's really immortal idk,King was kind of a dumb antagonist tho but it makes sense Chesswise,imo he shouldn't have appeared at all.

I didn't watch the preview for next episode but i can guess we're finally getting to the main dish in the next couple episodes,can't wait for that but please don't revive or spawn more filler antagonist characters !

And for the CGI,its still one of the best in the business,it even looks better than in One Piece Toeiwise,its not perfect but definitely okay.
ropielJun 4, 2022 12:27 AM
Deep dark fantasies
Jun 4, 2022 1:49 AM

Feb 2015
Felt like a troll episode.
Jun 4, 2022 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
Okay, the action was nice and seeing Larhart back is good (I always thought they kinda wasted him by killing him in his debut arc), but they're abusing a bit too much of the character resurrections lately, and this is likely the main weak point of the series. It has happened a lot with multitude of characters through the anime (Crocodine, Hyunckel, Popp, Avan, Hym...), but this one was, I don't know, unnecessary? I understand why they may have brought Avan back, but this one felt it was a way to save Hyunckel and little more, and I don't know what bringing back Larhart at this point of the series is gonna add to it. They better give a good explanation of how he came back to life, cause it hasn't been foreshadowed at all.

Also, the king was a complete joke lol. He was only a threat cause Hyunckel and Hym were super injured. It makes sense from a chess viewpoint, but I was really looking forward to his performance, since in his first scene with Vearn it looked like if he was a ferocious blood knight, but at the end he was a cowardly clown. It tells when Zaboera was a more competent antagonist.

Anyway, I hope the fight against Mystvearn ends being good at least.
Jun 4, 2022 7:44 AM

May 2018
Hyunckel is 100% hacking lol. So many miracles have happened that they might as well stop being miracles lol
Jun 4, 2022 8:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hyunckel is so op xD even with one HP they just can't beat him though they almost got Hym but Hyunkel didn't abandon him, good thing because Larhalt came right in time and totally destroyed the king piece, he cut him in half xD well deserved
Jun 4, 2022 9:04 AM
Jul 2021
Good episode but they made Hyunckel a bit too overpowered here. Maybe Hym should have transformed into a weapon or suit of armour for Hyunckel to make it better.
Jun 4, 2022 11:25 AM
Apr 2021
Damn Maximum got absolutely WRECKED, what an episode! Also Hyunkel has had like three episode where he feels like the new main character of the show, holy crap he is such a badass.

That’s dope that Larhart made a sudden appearance, I hope we get some explanation next episode about how he survived his epic battle against Hyunkel.

It’s crazy seeing a lot of the bad guys becoming good guys, I literally would never expect it. I think Hyunkel was the only one I predicted lol
Jun 4, 2022 1:29 PM
May 2022
Illyricus said:
Okay, the action was nice and seeing Larhart back is good (I always thought they kinda wasted him by killing him in his debut arc), but they're abusing a bit too much of the character resurrections lately, and this is likely the main weak point of the series. It has happened a lot with multitude of characters through the anime (Crocodine, Hyunckel, Popp, Avan, Hym...), but this one was, I don't know, unnecessary? I understand why they may have brought Avan back, but this one felt it was a way to save Hyunckel and little more, and I don't know what bringing back Larhart at this point of the series is gonna add to it. They better give a good explanation of how he came back to life, cause it hasn't been foreshadowed at all.

Also, the king was a complete joke lol. He was only a threat cause Hyunckel and Hym were super injured. It makes sense from a chess viewpoint, but I was really looking forward to his performance, since in his first scene with Vearn it looked like if he was a ferocious blood knight, but at the end he was a cowardly clown. It tells when Zaboera was a more competent antagonist.

Well, to be fair, Crocodine didn’t die not even once. When he was defeated by Dai, he was taken back to headquarters where he was placed in that healing chamber where they said he had 50/50 chance and he survived. Then when he was attacked by Hyunckel, he again was taken care of by Hyunckel’s butler which completely healed him. Then, he dove in to the lava using his axes vortex magic to ahold himself and rescue Hyunckel. Yes Hyunckel should have take damage from the lava but we can assume his aura kept him safe long enough to be rescued.

If i had to fault something, it would be that they didn’t explain how Hyunckel didn’t take damage from the lava in those few seconds he was completely submerged. But regardless, he didn’t die at that time. And besides that instance, neither Hyunckel nor Crocodine have been on the verge of death. Yes there have been times when they have been completely exhausted, battered, and out of stamina, but they have never “died” again.

Popp did die but it was explained how he survived and in the world of this manga, that explaining was complete fine. Avan also returned and he also explained how he managed to survive and where he was this whole time.

If there are any miraculous comebacks in this anime, it would probably only be that of Hym. Even Larhart’s return will be explain in the next episode in a way that makes sense in this story. It won’t be some BS explaining that for sure.
Jun 4, 2022 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
Yaakuntik said:
Illyricus said:

Well, to be fair, Crocodine didn’t die not even once. When he was defeated by Dai, he was taken back to headquarters where he was placed in that healing chamber where they said he had 50/50 chance and he survived. Then when he was attacked by Hyunckel, he again was taken care of by Hyunckel’s butler which completely healed him. Then, he dove in to the lava using his axes vortex magic to ahold himself and rescue Hyunckel. Yes Hyunckel should have take damage from the lava but we can assume his aura kept him safe long enough to be rescued.

If i had to fault something, it would be that they didn’t explain how Hyunckel didn’t take damage from the lava in those few seconds he was completely submerged. But regardless, he didn’t die at that time. And besides that instance, neither Hyunckel nor Crocodine have been on the verge of death. Yes there have been times when they have been completely exhausted, battered, and out of stamina, but they have never “died” again.

Popp did die but it was explained how he survived and in the world of this manga, that explaining was complete fine. Avan also returned and he also explained how he managed to survive and where he was this whole time.

If there are any miraculous comebacks in this anime, it would probably only be that of Hym. Even Larhart’s return will be explain in the next episode in a way that makes sense in this story. It won’t be some BS explaining that for sure.
I mean, I knew that Crocodine and Hyunckel never died and that Popp's resurrection got an explanation, which is why I didn't mind those situations.

However, now with Avan, Hym and now Larhart it feels like the author did revived a lot of deceased characters for the final arc with either so/so explanations (Hym) or using things that aren't mentioned or properly explained until the dead character returns (like Avan). I can buy Avan's revival, cause he's the master of the heroes and has always been an important character that is fullfiling an active role in the story (like opening the gate of the palace or twarting Killvearn's traps), but bringing back Larhart was a bit too much, especially after Hym just returned like two episodes ago.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the series and this isn't nearly enough to ruin it for me, but the author has abused from this trope too much in this arc.
Jun 4, 2022 3:33 PM
May 2022
Illyricus said:
Yaakuntik said:

I mean, I knew that Crocodine and Hyunckel never died and that Popp's resurrection got an explanation, which is why I didn't mind those situations.

However, now with Avan, Hym and now Larhart it feels like the author did revived a lot of deceased characters for the final arc with either so/so explanations (Hym) or using things that aren't mentioned or properly explained until the dead character returns (like Avan). I can buy Avan's revival, cause he's the master of the heroes and has always been an important character that is fullfiling an active role in the story (like opening the gate of the palace or twarting Killvearn's traps), but bringing back Larhart was a bit too much, especially after Hym just returned like two episodes ago.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the series and this isn't nearly enough to ruin it for me, but the author has abused from this trope too much in this arc.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what role Larhart still has to play. I don't know all the details either so I hope his come back wasn't just for the sake of bringing him back.

Though it does make sense for the story that if Larhart survived, that he would go catch up to and possibly join the hero's party. After all, before he died he had a change of heart and wanted to help Hyunckel and Popp save Baran and his son Dai. So it would make sense that he would go and try to help Dai survive the final fight with Vearn.
Jun 4, 2022 3:58 PM

Dec 2020
Yaakuntik said:
Illyricus said:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what role Larhart still has to play. I don't know all the details either so I hope his come back wasn't just for the sake of bringing him back.

Though it does make sense for the story that if Larhart survived, that he would go catch up to and possibly join the hero's party. After all, before he died he had a change of heart and wanted to help Hyunckel and Popp save Baran and his son Dai. So it would make sense that he would go and try to help Dai survive the final fight with Vearn.

There will be explanations
There will be narrative purpose

Larhalt died in episode 26 / he's back on 80
If we saw what happened to him in episode 27 , i imagine people would be cooler whith this returnal....
In other hand, we had a surprise in this episode 80, that's fun, no ?

But there's a narative purpose behind that tied to Hyunckel and Dai. And it's building further great moments.

I know Avan + Hym + Larhalt returnals are too much. But let's have fun. Epicness is coming
Jun 4, 2022 4:31 PM
May 2022
Le-Conteur said:
Yaakuntik said:

There will be explanations
There will be narrative purpose

Larhalt died in episode 26 / he's back on 80
If we saw what happened to him in episode 27 , i imagine people would be cooler whith this returnal....
In other hand, we had a surprise in this episode 80, that's fun, no ?

But there's a narative purpose behind that tied to Hyunckel and Dai. And it's building further great moments.

I know Avan + Hym + Larhalt returnals are too much. But let's have fun. Epicness is coming

Oh I never disliked their return. I guess it helps that they are likeable characters. It's not as if Zaboera is back or the other less likeable dragon riders.

I think the biggest complain people have overall is the lack of real deaths. Like no major character has died permanently I guess except for Baran and Hadler but none from the main hero's party. That and the fact that as we get closer to the end, it seems like the party is growing in size rather than dwindling down.

I guess a lot of people would prefer if towards the end we had only a couple of the heroes standing, like Dai and Popp for example. That's just my impression based on comments I've read here and in other discussion boards.

Personally I'm still unsure whether or not I like that the party is growing this close to the end. In a way it feels epic, almost gives me the same feeling of watching something like Avengers Endgame for example and watching all the superheroes coming together for the final fight. And at the same time I feel like having all these characters come together at the end takes away some of the feeling of impending doom that we may have had earlier.

It feels as if now the the bad guys are completely outnumbered and that they have no chance against the hero's party with this many strong fighters coming to help in the end. I think this is the root of the complains from people. I personally will make my judgement only at the very end. Though at this time I can say for sure, regardless what the final outcome is, I'll still rate this anime highly but the remaining episodes will decide for sure whether this anime can go from pretty good to pretty great!
Jun 4, 2022 7:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Idk why on earth Maxim the Chess King can act so dang funny and idiot at the same time like that. But well, King Vearn create such a weird cleaner like that showed how unfit Vearn as the king of the whole world. That's all i wanna say.

Then, alright another great person from the past coming back from the afterlife to save the gang ass, just like Avan. Nice said there, Hyunckel. You once again manage to get away from the pinch, idk for however long...

So let's be done with that and go to another episode of dragon quest, dai no daibouken!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 6, 2022 12:31 AM

May 2012
Larhalt attack on King Maximum reminds of Omae wa mou shinderu (you are already dead) in Fist of North Star anime
Jun 6, 2022 1:15 PM

Nov 2020
thepath said:
Larhalt attack on King Maximum reminds of Omae wa mou shinderu (you are already dead) in Fist of North Star anime

Very cool signature!
Jun 7, 2022 6:24 AM

Oct 2008
seems like that King chess piece was a doofus fool!
Larhart for the assist! looks like he also got a power-up huh!
lolz Hym is good as a trusted ally huh...
5/5.

Jun 7, 2022 2:44 PM

Aug 2015
So we got Hyunckel´s current boyfriend and now his ex boyfriend in the same spot. I wonder if they will team up eventually with Dai and Avan considering there shouldn´t be anything left in the entrance.

Now, we went from a crazy fast pacing to almost one single event per episode. I feel like we haven´t moved at all since the heroes arrived at Vearn´s Palace.
Jun 8, 2022 3:45 AM
May 2022
Illyricus said:
Yaakuntik said:

Speaking as someone who only knows bits and pieces of the Manga, I don't know all the details of why Larhart is important in this final arc. I more or less know how he survived but don't know if he will have a major role to play still. We will find out soon.

I did see somewhere someone mentioned that the author did this to hint at a spin off series involving Larhart and Hyunckel, maybe Hym? I'm not sure. But then again I can not confirm if that is true. If that were the case, I hope that we do see a spin off in the future. It may have seemed unlikely back then when the first adaptation was released, but now that we have this new adaptation, anything is possible. I for one would love to see these three characters working together somehow in their spin off story. And I am also hoping that after this is over, we get an adaptation to the Avan prequel!
Aug 11, 2022 1:35 PM

Sep 2015
LOL Maximus. Easily the worst villain in the series so far. No wonder I did not remember him at all despite reading the whole manga.
And yes, the fact that everyone is coming back to life left and right is one of the reasons why I couldn't take the series seriously anymore at this point.
Aug 17, 2022 11:52 AM

Mar 2010
That was a random chance meeting.. Too much plot armor, was hoping hyunkel would die lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 27, 2022 6:23 AM
Oct 2019
The King Chess was Trash lol

What a Plot Twist!!
No way, how Larhart was still alive???
Apr 8, 2023 1:49 AM

Sep 2016
Honestly, it feel like the author was trying REALLY hard to come up with idea to extend the manga... which from what I'm reading from interview, he apparently was?

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.