Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 4, 2022 2:09 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
As an anime-only, I of course have no idea what to expect, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the backstory we got today. I was aware that people were upset because a certain chapter 121 was not adapted in last week's episode- and now that it has been shown here, I understand why. We see the reason as to what made Shirogane fall for Kaguya- and it's nothing random at all. Through one bold and selfless act, Shirogane immediately recognized the beauty hiding underneath the ice queen's cold exterior. No, it wasn't because of something like "she's cute!" Shirogane, a true man, fell in love with Kaguya's character herself, a character that seemingly no one had eyes open enough to see.

In other news, I think Maki just low-key became my new favorite character...
BetaMaleUltraJun 4, 2022 7:52 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 4, 2022 3:10 AM

Mar 2021
Papa Shirogane scenes are always appreciated

Jun 4, 2022 3:34 AM
Jun 2017
One of the best episode of Kaguya sama this season.... i just love the both parts being aired on this day...

lets go...
Jun 4, 2022 3:47 AM
Mar 2021
Not gonna lie, I found myself more excited for Ishigami's next confession than Kaguya's/Shirogane's, just because he’s more relatable character to me.
Jun 4, 2022 4:00 AM

Dec 2013
I loved seeing miss mood swings being so supportive. She really is a nice person.
Jun 4, 2022 4:23 AM
Apr 2018
"Whether your family's rich or you were born talented... none of that matters. Being able to spring into action when called upon or not... the ones who can do that... are beautiful."
Jun 4, 2022 4:37 AM
Aug 2020
Best episode of the season so far, change my mind
Jun 4, 2022 4:41 AM
Oct 2019
An absolutely amazing episode. Might be my favorite of the season thus far.

Papa Shirogane is always hilarious. I really do feel bad for Maki, hope she finds happiness.
WalkingAbacusJun 4, 2022 5:00 AM
Jun 4, 2022 4:41 AM
Oct 2019
wow that was a really good Flashbacks...
you know the episode gonna be great when there is no OP.

Hey Hatsune Miku Cosplay.

Four Ramen Emperors of Tokyo is back! at least two of them...
Kaguya maid cafe was so hilarious and ended with Papa Shirogane lmao

Tsundere-senpai is so supporting.
Let's go Ishigami invite Tsubame to Horror House!

when the episode end i was like already?
seriously this episode flew by fast.

davidyodo24Jun 4, 2022 4:48 AM
Jun 4, 2022 5:31 AM

Feb 2014
Back our boy Ishigami. Tsubame senpai wa maji TENSHI.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 4, 2022 5:33 AM
Jan 2022
Ishigami X Tsubame looks so much like Gojo X Kitagawa...hope it ends the same way as well
Jun 4, 2022 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
"don't worry. if it doesn't work out, i'll hang out with you."

tsundere-senpai is such a nice friend.
Jun 4, 2022 6:28 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The festival has begun and I’m loving it already. The backstory on how Shirogane originally fell for Kaguya was great, it was cool seeing the previous student council President too. I also love how Hayasaka was actually being herself at school with the maid outfit for the cosplay cafe, and then she can switch it off right back to her ditzy persona lol.

The ramen guys are back again and they really got Kaguya flustered lol, and I love seeing Ishigami make a move on Tsubame and so far it’s working out, but she’s also really friendly so I don’t know if it’ll lead to a successful confession, love to see it tho. And Maki being a wingwoman of sorts was also nice.

I’m excited to see what happens in the horror house next week!
Jun 4, 2022 6:51 AM

May 2018
Kaguya being Kagubased this episode. Ishigami also finally asked Tsubame-senpai out I am rooting for him.
Jun 4, 2022 7:27 AM

Apr 2021
The backstory was really interesting and could make you full. Ghawd, also our boi Ishigami's having the time of his life. This is really GOAT, fight me.

Jun 4, 2022 7:36 AM

Nov 2020
We as a species simply do not deserve this show. The best.
Jun 4, 2022 8:45 AM
Jun 2020
So many anime style changes I feel like all of them are references to other shows, but I have no idea what shows they were inspired from. :(
Jun 4, 2022 9:09 AM

Jun 2013
ah yes papa shirogane back at it again
Jun 4, 2022 9:19 AM

May 2021
Tsubame's eyes seem full of innocence. This is definitely ending badly for Yu.

GakutoDeathGlare said:
At this point, I think they're purposefully relating Papa Shirogane and Jojo with these intense scenes lol...

The artstyle was also very Jojo.

Jun 4, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
I really enjoyed the flashback with Miyuki and what he was like when he first joined Shuuchin Academy. His distaste with the noble students was pretty high, but you have to respect the student council president of that time which helped Miyuki when he needed it the most. Not only that, but it was the first time he really paid full attention to Kaguya, so showed no hesitation in jumping into a swamp to save a student who got knocked into it.

The cafe segment was also great as well. The coffee connoisseur went into one when he didn't want Kaguya's services and Hayasaka didn't waste time in roasting Kaguya's rubbish coffee making skills. Thankfully, Kaguya struck back by using her expertise on tea making and make the connoisseur guy and his buddy praise it to high heavens. It made for a good laugh, but then the appearance of daddy Shirogane made me go into hysterics! XD

While that was happening, Ishigami was having trouble asking Tsubame to hang out with him. He needn't have worried, as Maki arrived to help him. Even though she self-inflicts pain on herself when trying to encourage Ishigami, the adorable underrated gem herself was able to succeed in getting Ishigami to take that first step with Tsubame. It did involve a bit of extra help from Nagisa and her boyfriend, but Maki definitely makes for an excellent wingwomen here, that's for sure! ^_^

I look forward to seeing if it works out for Ishigami next time (and hopefully some more Maki screentime as well, please?).
Jun 4, 2022 10:34 AM

Jun 2019
Started off with a banger. There’s still parts where the visuals make things confusing (like when Hayasaka was talking to Kaguya in the backroom), but this felt like a return to form for this season. A lot of great moments. I’m hyped for the next episode.
Jun 4, 2022 10:41 AM

May 2016
Love at first sight, great to see how all of it started.
Jun 4, 2022 11:53 AM
Feb 2022
fourscarsman said:
As a manga reader, this ep exceeding my expectations!
That's all!

2 questions - what's the chapter this episode ended? and should I start the manga? it's very difficult to wait for a week.
Jun 4, 2022 12:33 PM

Aug 2020
I always forget why Maki is so lovable till I see her chapters/episodes again.

Too bad the Shijo curse gag will live on, hah.
Keep scrolling
Jun 4, 2022 12:35 PM
Oct 2020
Another great episode. Again I hope Maki finds happiness
Jun 4, 2022 9:25 PM

Jan 2019
Wow I love this show!

So Yu's asking out has worked... step one complete. Good for him. I still don't see that pairing working out, but I feel like this will be a good learning experience for him.

And from the next, seems like President's dad has gotten a job? That feels like big news.
Jun 5, 2022 1:20 AM
May 2015
cchigu said:
"If the one who falls in love loses, then he has already lost a long time ago"

"Someone like that... even if she is covered in mud, she is truly beautiful"

A special episode of a very special anime. The beginning of it all.

We finally get the origin story of this story and, surpassing all expectations, it is one hell of a banger. Glimpsing into the past, we were finally shown adamantine bestest boy Miyuki's origination and bestest girl Kaguya's royal demeanor at peak in full force.

The second-best episode of Kaguya-sama franchise... until now, and one for the history books. Start taking notes other writers, this is how you write a masterpiece. Sheer perfection.

Now we go higher, higher than the Everest, blazing through the stratosphere, finally to the fucking moon. I already feel it, feel it coming. It's going to be orgasmic.

AotY 2022

P.S. Maki Shijo is love <3

I'm too busy and into manga to watch full episodes of all ongoing anime, but I came straight here after seeing the adaptation of one of the most stunning moments in the manga into anime form. I'm so happy the Miyukaguya backstory hit just the way it did in the manga! I agree witheverything you said, so tell me, what's the other bet episode of Kaguya-sama?
Jun 5, 2022 1:24 AM
May 2015
chriskor022 said:
Its culture festival day proper and flashback when Kaguya and Shirogane freshman year episode. Nice to see the past of the MCs and how they meet each other first time. I liked that Shirogane had a "love at first sight" for Kaguya.

Agree! It's so interesting, I thought he fell in love over time! But I guess he fell in love again and again, because as he told Ishigami in season 1: "Shinomiya may seem scary, but she's actually kind. When I realized that..."
"When you realized that, what, Prez?"
"...Nothing, forget it. It's from a long time ago" :)))
Paru-chinBakaJun 6, 2022 7:50 AM
Jun 5, 2022 2:12 AM
Aug 2016
Gaurav-Kun said:
2 questions - what's the chapter this episode ended? and should I start the manga? it's very difficult to wait for a week.

This episode ended on chapter 124.

And no. Don't start the manga at this point. This arc is one of the all-time-high points of the manga, and if you got this far, it'll be worth the wait to see it in animated/voiced form first. The manga will still be there once the season is over.
(But if you must, general recommendation is to start at chapter 1 and read everything, or at the very least read the unadapted chapters. First two seasons skipped about 8 each, current one just 2 so far. There's a thread detailing the adapted chapters.)
Jun 5, 2022 2:26 AM

Jun 2019
What an amazing episode. Shirogane and Kaguya are so in love with each other. They're so cute. We also got a little bit of backstory on Shirogane. The part with Ishigami was my favorite where he was trying his best for Tsubame senpai. That was so wholesome and sweet.

I feel bad for Shijo senpai. Yes, that hurts to watch but it is what it is. I'm waiting for their respective confessions. Also, Papa Dio is so amazing and cool.
Jun 5, 2022 2:40 AM
Feb 2022
Ark_Evensong said:
Gaurav-Kun said:

This episode ended on chapter 124.

And no. Don't start the manga at this point. This arc is one of the all-time-high points of the manga, and if you got this far, it'll be worth the wait to see it in animated/voiced form first. The manga will still be there once the season is over.
(But if you must, general recommendation is to start at chapter 1 and read everything, or at the very least read the unadapted chapters. First two seasons skipped about 8 each, current one just 2 so far. There's a thread detailing the adapted chapters.)

Thanks a lot for the information!
Jun 5, 2022 2:40 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Paru-chinBaka said:
cchigu said:
"If the one who falls in love loses, then he has already lost a long time ago"

"Someone like that... even if she is covered in mud, she is truly beautiful"

A special episode of a very special anime. The beginning of it all.

We finally get the origin story of this story and, surpassing all expectations, it is one hell of a banger. Glimpsing into the past, we were finally shown adamantine bestest boy Miyuki's origination and bestest girl Kaguya's royal demeanor at peak in full force.

The second-best episode of Kaguya-sama franchise... until now, and one for the history books. Start taking notes other writers, this is how you write a masterpiece. Sheer perfection.

Now we go higher, higher than the Everest, blazing through the stratosphere, finally to the fucking moon. I already feel it, feel it coming. It's going to be orgasmic.

AotY 2022

P.S. Maki Shijo is love <3

I'm too busy and into manga to watch full episodes of all ongoing anime, but I came straight here after seeing the adaptation of one of the most stunning moments in the manga into anime form. I'm so happy the Miyukaguya backstory hit just the way it did in the manga! I agree witheverything you said, so tell me, what's the other bet episode of Kaguya-sama?
S02E11 is still the best... until now.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 5, 2022 3:11 AM
Jan 2021
this episode was great, especially with Hayasaka's mood changing from high school teen to professional maid lol. man i cant wait for next episode and see ishigam shoot his shot, i really hope she says yes.
Jun 5, 2022 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
Its not necessarily that asking someone out is hard, but simply that usually if you catch the person in a bad mood or something is not right then doing it half hazardly could make things turn sour vs if you know they are in a good mood.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 5, 2022 2:24 PM

Aug 2008
Didn't care for Kaguya serving tea/coffee with those two critics, didn't find it funny at all. The rest of the episode was fantastic though, 6/10 for that one part, a 10 for the rest.
Jun 5, 2022 3:45 PM

May 2018
START COFESSING ALREADY!!!!!
Jun 5, 2022 5:47 PM

Apr 2021
I never thought that a making a coffee will be so tense.
Jun 5, 2022 10:13 PM

Oct 2008
so this is where Shirogane was first fascinated to Kaguya when she dashed-out and saved the student from the swamp! he was enthralled to the beauty of "kirei-da' Kaguya-sama!
But that i wanna know is how Kaguya has first fallen in love with Shirogane...hmmm...
go for it my boi Ishigami! get your gal Tsubame!! lolz
5/5.

Jun 6, 2022 7:13 AM

Jun 2020
Past Shirogane kind of has that yankee vibe, so he already knew Kaguya that early or at least seen her

A true woman's beauty shows past dirt and Kaguya is stunningly gorgeous and cool so that's where Shirogane felt her indifferent aura having her hair down looks kind of cool too compared to today, Someone ticked her off lol she's so jumpy when they mentioned it's made of love. When there's an event like that I was bound to look for Miyuki's dad
Kind of took a liking to Maki makes the room more lively and entertaining, rare Ishigame dub we take those and I would like to see Kaguya inside the horror house preferably with Shirogane.
Jun 6, 2022 10:39 AM

Nov 2017
LMAO the Daft Punks, the ramen guys and Yū running Tsubame! 😂
Jun 6, 2022 4:44 PM
May 2022
Yu Ishigami made me so proud.
Jun 7, 2022 5:53 PM

Nov 2009
I love the ICE Kaguya tho, she's so COOL (even tho Kaguya saving the girl was a ulterior motive)

But she changed after getting with Shirogane. Literal 180 degree change...

LOL @ Hayasaka, the CHILLS

___ ___ ___

LOL @ Kaguya... literally measuring the Tea, cause she got dunked on by the dudes that said Hayasaka was superior at making Coffee. Which is true.

Kaguya getting super flustered cause the dude was yelling the Tea is made of love. LOL

Meanwhile the dudes realized Kaguya's "tea of love" is meant for Shirogane.

Not only that, but da PAPA ARRIVED.

___ ___ ___

And on the other side of the playing field... we got Ishigami going in.

Poor Maki, she can't get that NTR, but she can help Ishigami.

Tho... I think Nagisa is about to go Yandere on Ishigami for being friends with both Maki and Tsubasa...

___ ___ ___

LOL @ that Haunted House... I sense Death incoming.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 7, 2022 10:07 PM

Nov 2019
The animation department was being overproduced, while the actual narration stayed unintriguing, especially the final scene.

Also, the cliffhanger could have been easily avoided by relocating the opener flashback to the confession scene, Shirogane's perspective.
SgtBateManJun 7, 2022 10:21 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 8, 2022 7:10 AM
Sep 2021
Gaurav-Kun said:
fourscarsman said:
As a manga reader, this ep exceeding my expectations!
That's all!

Thanks for asking!
This ep ends in ch 124, so if you excited what happened next, you should read the next chapter.

By the way, I recommend you to read it from beginning, because there are many unadapted chapters there (for example ch 2-4). I usually read the latest chapter of Kaguya-sama in https://guya.cubari.moe/#chapter_listing_exp . At that site you can see which chapter that have adapted in anime. If you want, you can check that site. Thanks!
Jun 8, 2022 7:39 AM
Aug 2021
Best episode. Gives me goosebumps.
Jun 8, 2022 1:34 PM

Aug 2018
So that's how Shirogane became interested in being on the council, curious. Kaguya was able to prove that she could serve a good coffee, although there was a certain detail that San noticed xD. And well, Ishigami made it, he was able to invite Tsubame.
Good chapter.
PS: The final scene with the reference to the Blair Witch hahaha xD.
Jun 8, 2022 2:38 PM

Sep 2020
I forgot to previously mention I love Shirogane's dad, thanks to this episode my love was strengthened.

Started off a little slow this episode, we learned some history, how long Shirogane has been falling for Shinomiya and his reasons for being president too. Old president was a shitter wasn't he? This part was pretty alright, nothing groundbreaking. The tea part with the Ramen kings was alright too, right until he drank the tea.

Then it became great again, yelling about how the tea was made with love for a certain someone all while Shirogane was there. Shirogane saying the tea was great, that was sweet. Then papa Shirogane was fucking hilarious.

Maki really is a great character, I didn't initially appreciate how funny she is. Everyone bounces off of her so well and she is so funny herself. Poor girl, those two being in front of her makes me laugh even harder and really feel for her. Her reactions truly are fantastic.

I'm glad Shirogane managed to ask Tsubame, honestly I thought it was like a dream sequence or something with just how well it went but nope he never snapped back to reality cause it already was. The haunted house looks like it will be hilarious. Maki and Shinomiya haven't gotten to interact enough and they will be doing so in the confines of a haunted house, it should be great.

I literally cannot wait, the horror house will be grand,

Jun 8, 2022 5:42 PM

Dec 2020
THE BALANCE WITH BIG ROMANCE AND COMEDYYY UGH😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒 WHYD THEY HAVE TO DO IT SO WELL. good thing im watching this with no one near me bc i know i acted insane. esp with the new chara, old student pres(DUDE SUPER CUTE TOO!!!!), shirogane falling for kaguya, his dad showing up, ishigami taking a step forward with tsubame, DAMN im not ready with what's about to come after this
Jun 11, 2022 3:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The backstory part with Shirogane when he first entered the school was really interesting, especially with the older student council president.
Too bad Kaguya couldn't ask Shirogane out because she was busy with these old men at the café lol, they loved Hayasaka's skill too much xD
Also looks like Ishigami finally managed to ask Tsubame to go to the haunted mansion with him but I have no hope for him to be honest.
Jun 15, 2022 10:40 PM

Feb 2019
Maki is always fun (and painful) to watch. Maki is suffering.

I really like their rendition of Tsubame-senpai. I love this pairing so much, Tsubame-senpai is also really cute ^^ looking forward to more Tsubame-senpai x Ishigami scenes
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

331 by JustalilPyu »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

192 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

229 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.