Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2022 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
Momo looks raw af
Yamato is going to join the Straw Hat(99% sure), just need a confirmation from Luffy.

So, Kozuki Momonosuke is new shogun of Wano and in future he will be known as the greatest shogun ever.
Otama suffered a true hell. Nami is like big sister to Otama. I really have tears in my eyes reading this.

Ashura Kicked the bucket?!

@Ayu_01 it's a joke XD
I'm not expecting anyone to die. I never expected that anyone will die in wano, I just thought that it might good chance for Oda to kill 1 or 2 characters, but I'm not that disappointed from this because it's one piece, and people don't die in one piece.
removed-userJun 2, 2022 7:09 AM
Jun 2, 2022 12:30 AM

Nov 2016
The contrast between Nami & Usopp and Sanji & Brook

As Jinbe said, nothing is settled until the captain gave his ok.. ah who am I trying to kid? This looks pretty final unless Oda loves to play with peoples feelings in a sadistic manner lmao. That said, I feel like we need to put a stop to the whole Oden persona.

The real new Chad of Wano stepped in front of the people.

Great chapter. So much more impactful than expected thanks to all the little flashbacks(I legit was fighting the tears) and Momo is a certified Giga Chad. My boy is looking clean af. On the other hand would look almost like your average NPC if it wasn't for his size and long hair.

Basically like that samurai Kojuro.

Have we confirmation that his dad wasn't on board of the Moby Dick?

Anyway, the speech was simple to the point, but the panels of everyone in tears...ufffff, there's so much suffering, patience, devotion, hope, faith and relief behind these tears. All that pent up over the last 25 years.

I was looking forward to the sibling reunion and Oda wouldn't be Oda if he didn't sprinkle some goofiness on top. Hiyori's reaction didn't make it any less touching xD Some of the best moments in One Piece are those when you have to laugh while tearing up.

Luffy and Zoro the only ones still down because they fought Yonkou. Chopper didn't have time to fool around with the others. I wonder if he got bad news for us next chapter.

@Ayu_01

You already had your mind made up xD

I too thought "damn, this is actually slapping more than Kaido's"
Her character already served the role as "average vicitim" of the tyranny and further motivator for Luffy more than adequately. Not to mention that she became the supporting character MVP during the Raid. O-Wama 🙌🏻 I also liked it that Oda added some limitations to her ability and that he indirectly clarified that the Smile Users have a choice and that Tama was indeed a saviour.

Ayu_01 said:
@Fmmatron as of today after reading Tama flashback I am officaly offboard on her hate train.
That backstory was eye jerking and sympathy raiser.I think Oda sensed how many might despise her due to plot device.
All Wano kids got excellent ending like 11/10
Tama,Momo and Toko.
I give props to Oda for that.

OMG what character progression
FMmatronJun 6, 2022 10:13 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 2, 2022 1:53 AM
Jul 2020
Momo 11/10.
The best part was Oda didnt do anything extra for people to simp over Momo.The feeling the moment felt real and not goofy.
Momo already feels so impactful ,the best part of chapter.

Yamaato should stop her Oden bs .I think she will do it when someone intervenes.But if Oda usesOden gag further in story than that would be worst thing that can happen in story

@Volkur need to be reminded of Pell and that Skyepia dad ,they appeared at end when everything was over.
If you think Ashura died XD.

Tama flashback>>>>>Kaido flashback.
Some empathy for her but still Oda should have limited her role way too less.
@Fmmatron I could have accepted Oda treatment of Tama if it was revealed she is Orochi daughter with some women who he abandoned later.
That would have made her role and impact so meaningful and understandable .You cant reject one just for her blood.Her dad ruined everyone with Smile and Tama tamed them.
That would be climatic.
Sad this is not case.

Well best chapter since 1045.
Hope we get info dump on red poneglyphs and some other lore next chapter
Jun 2, 2022 5:48 AM

Dec 2020
Momo has good intentions for the people of Wano, and that's what really matters in the end, regardless if he's an 8 year old child or not. A ruler who doesn't care about their subject's happiness is no ruler, he could be the strongest creature in the world but it's not gonna change that fact.

Why no dropkick from Hiyori tho?

Ayu_01 said:
Hope we get info dump on red poneglyphs and some other lore next chapter

The straw hats should have a fuckton of poneglyphs to read at this point. Other than the 2 red ones from Kaido and Big Mom, there are at least 4 normal poneglyphs to read they discovered, 2 from Whole Cake Island whose Brook took copies and 2 in Wano.
Jun 2, 2022 8:28 AM
Jul 2020
Well its okay to not kill as this is drawback of OP and i learnt from it.
What is not okay is fakeouts it fucks the moment time page and emotion.OP was and never will be same for me since chap 1030.
Just imagine if Kaido actually killed Kinemon there after that epic speech.
He could be potential of top 3 antagonist.
But what the fuck has Kaido acheived zero .All the side villains did more than him.Fuck i will not dicuss about Kaido again otherwise my hate boner for Op will grow only
Jun 2, 2022 1:39 PM
Apr 2017
What a great chapter

YAMATO JOINS AND MOMO REVEAL!

and no break next week!
Jun 2, 2022 1:54 PM

Aug 2021
That Momo spread is so cool and after a long wait he has finally become shogun of wano!
Jun 2, 2022 1:56 PM

Dec 2011
Damn my tears can't stop flooding when i see O-tama flashback. She can finally eat all she want now.
Momo look like a younger Oden but he is still a kid inside lol
Finally Yamato is confirmed to be a straw hats almost 99%
Jun 2, 2022 2:12 PM

Jun 2014
Still need the ok from Luffy but Yamato is pretty much a no-brainer to join the crew, as expected. Oden joined Roger and his crew to sail the seas, so it makes sense that Yamato will be the "Oden" of Pirate-King-to-be, Luffy (for significance purposes even though I hate the "I'm Oden" shit lol). Plus she's been cooped up on Wano her whole life so now she can finally leave and be free.

AND WE FINALLY SEE ADULT MOMO LETS FUCKING GOOOO!!!! Dude looks like a Chad, just like his father (and speaking of his father, I like how Kin'emon was doing the Oden pose lol). Wano looks to be in good hands now. I'm looking forward to seeing the aftermath stuff in the coming chapters, like reactions around the world, new bounties, what the WG is gonna do, overall just seeing what the rest of the world is up to (and seeing various characters for the first time in a million chapters 💀). That's one of my favorite things to see when big arcs end.
thebrentinator24Jun 2, 2022 2:19 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 2, 2022 2:22 PM

Dec 2008
I have a feeling that Oda is gonna keep Yamato in Wano, to help Momonosuke. Her joinage shall take its time just like Jinbe.
Jun 2, 2022 2:45 PM

Oct 2020
Ayu_01 said:
Well its okay to not kill as this is drawback of OP and i learnt from it.
What is not okay is fakeouts it fucks the moment time page and emotion.OP was and never will be same for me since chap 1030.
Just imagine if Kaido actually killed Kinemon there after that epic speech.
He could be potential of top 3 antagonist.
But what the fuck has Kaido acheived zero .All the side villains did more than him.Fuck i will not dicuss about Kaido again otherwise my hate boner for Op will grow only
The only thing i can say i dont like about one piece is fakeout deaths, in that aspect i agree with you.

Deaths are not necessary but given the circumstances some scabards show have been dead
Jun 2, 2022 2:49 PM

Jan 2017
Great chapter!!
And who asked Yamato to join the Straw Hats, he/she is a great character and all but I do think Yamato should set sail on her own.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jun 2, 2022 2:51 PM

Jan 2017
How is Kin'emon even breathing man, Luffy gets to stay in a coma while Kin'emon has the audacity to move around!!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jun 2, 2022 2:57 PM
Jul 2020
@Fmmatron as of today after reading Tama flashback I am officaly offboard on her hate train.
That backstory was eye jerking and sympathy raiser.I think Oda sensed how many might despise her due to plot device.
All Wano kids got excellent ending like 11/10
Tama,Momo and Toko.
I give props to Oda for that.

Sigh but where is my kaido flashback Oda
Jun 2, 2022 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
HELL YES, my Beautiful Horned Waifu will FINALLY be joining the Straws Hats and its PRETTY OBVIOUS she will join, sense the other Straw Hats are fine with it.

Also ill rank her below Luffy and Zoro, but above Sanji and Jinbe and I assume her role will be the Log Keeper too.

Also can we have Carrot too.

Oh yeah, this was a HUGE hint for Yamato joining too.

https://twitter.com/zoroisloml/status/1531760173395677191

HollowIchigo58Jun 3, 2022 4:21 AM
Jun 2, 2022 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
This chapter was so dang emotional. It is almost over man. I do not know how this will go out. But I know a big celebration is at hand. I hope Yamato joins the crew it will be a big powerful asset or friend to the Straw Hat Pirates. I mean we could use another Haoshoku User. Once Shanks becomes a fight I am sure they will need all the help they can get.
Jun 2, 2022 3:24 PM

Dec 2020
The Four Emperors Saga is finally reaching its conclusion... what a chapter. What a journey indeed.

Great chapter as always Oda-sensei!
Jun 2, 2022 3:35 PM

Apr 2013
Good ending for a meh conclusion. Wano is finally done with. WG next I assume.

Yamato will join the crew like everyone predicted, no way Luffy says no.

Just reread the chapter and I can't believe I just glossed over Kinemon being perfectly fine just like the other scabbards. There's fake out deaths and then there's 100% healing offscreen. Cmon Oda, are we suppose to assume that all of Kaido's minions died? and the samurai foot soldiers? or were they also brought back to life offscreen and we'll never know? bleh. No matter how good an arc is, Oda will always find some way to write some bs into it.
KneelBeforeMeJun 2, 2022 4:18 PM
Jun 2, 2022 3:38 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Momo's design slaps hard man.
Jun 2, 2022 3:39 PM

Apr 2018
Momo looks badass.

Tho I must be blind because I see no Zolo :(
Jun 2, 2022 3:40 PM

Nov 2018
GODA HIMSELF.

I KNEEL!!!

And so should you!!!

NO BREAK NEXT WEEK OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Jun 2, 2022 3:45 PM
Jan 2020
Am I the only one who think Kaidou is a great antagonist? Really hope it's not the end for him, I don't think Oda has the guts to kill 2 characters like that.
Jun 2, 2022 4:32 PM
Sep 2010
Momo design is great.

now we will get the big after party, new bounties, ponyglyffs, world events, next 5+ chapters are gonna be epic.
Jun 2, 2022 5:10 PM
May 2021
I’ve been wanting to make this joke for years after catching up to One Piece, caring up to the Wano Arc in the manga, and finishing Gintama, but now I can finally say it. My overall reaction to this chapter: SHOGUN KAYO!!!!!!
Jun 2, 2022 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
JVFE said:
Am I the only one who think Kaidou is a great antagonist? Really hope it's not the end for him, I don't think Oda has the guts to kill 2 characters like that.

You are not alone, I also think kaido is a great antagonist.
I highly doubt oda will kill two important characters in same arc, but wano arc is going to end in next few chapters. So, my theory is that we will see kaido & bm in future again.(I could be wrong)
Jun 2, 2022 6:05 PM

Mar 2015
at least the ending of arc is good.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 2, 2022 6:06 PM
Mar 2018
KneelBeforeMe said:
Good ending for a meh conclusion. Wano is finally done with. WG next I assume.

Yamato will join the crew like everyone predicted, no way Luffy says no.

Just reread the chapter and I can't believe I just glossed over Kinemon being perfectly fine just like the other scabbards. There's fake out deaths and then there's 100% healing offscreen. Cmon Oda, are we suppose to assume that all of Kaido's minions died? and the samurai foot soldiers? or were they also brought back to life offscreen and we'll never know? bleh. No matter how good an arc is, Oda will always find some way to write some bs into it.

I dunno, it seems like Oda might just be playing people again. I'm not sure BM and Kaido are completely defeated, and any number of the Tobiroppo, Numbers, CP0 and other Marines/Beast Pirates/BM Pirates could show up at any time. I don't think Wano Arc will end until all the Kabuki Acts are done. and we haven't even gotten to act 3 which is supposed to be a dramatic twist.

Lot's of story to still play out too. If Yamato joins the crew (which seems likely) I hope we get more backstory and character development on him before they leave Wano. Like maybe through some of his backstory more of Kaido's history and Odens journal will be revealed to drop some lore bombs. I'm looking forward to more character development on Zoro as well. He has roots in Wano and I'd like to see more explanation on swords and their personalities.
Jun 2, 2022 6:58 PM

Feb 2014
New bounties next issue?
Jun 2, 2022 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
Of course Sanji is already making moves toward Yamato... 😆

Gonna miss young Momo but new Momo looking real nice! 😍

Looking forward to dem BOUNTIES tho 👀 👀 👀
Jun 2, 2022 7:43 PM

Aug 2019
curvedtree said:
New bounties next issue?

Of course not lol. Luffy just beat Kaido a few minutes ago in manga time. The WG is not going to have new bounties for the Strawhats ready this quickly, especially since they have to confirm the information about Kaido's defeat first, and only a few WG agents like X Drake and the last CP0 agent would have information about the incident, and they might not have contacted the Gorosei or Marines about that yet.

Chapter was touching but honestly it felt like barely anything happened. Yamato joining would've had a bigger impact if Luffy was awake to confirm it, and Momonosuke's speech could've been more concise. We also didn't really need that Otama flashback which didn't really tell us anything important.
Early_MorningJun 2, 2022 7:46 PM
Jun 2, 2022 8:06 PM

Oct 2017
Yamato is a strawhat or not? Luffy wake the fuck up fast.
Jun 2, 2022 9:21 PM
Jul 2015
What a great chapter. Seems like kaido is definitely defeated. He's submerged in lava, hard to come back after that plus luffy with that insane punch. I think big mom is still alive though. Momonosuke design looks cool. Yamato is definitely joining the strawhats. Her history with ace and just like oden he's inching to set sail and explore. I just wanna know how is kinemon still alive? I thought he was cut in half. I might have to reread some chapters.
Stevewonder07Jun 2, 2022 9:25 PM
Jun 2, 2022 9:31 PM

May 2016
What a time to be alive to witness such great peak fiction.
Jun 2, 2022 10:35 PM

Apr 2017
best part of this chapter is momo's design...he looks like he was inspired by Yoriichi from demon slayer and funny enough they just defeated a demon

other than that...kinemon...why the fuck you still moving?
Jun 3, 2022 12:02 AM
Apr 2021
Great chapter. Happy wano is finally ending. But where my man zoro at?!? I mean if I recall last we saw him the grim reaper pulled up. We might have seen him after that, I just don’t remember. But I’m excited to see Yamato joining, and I hope she has some good character development later on
Jun 3, 2022 1:00 AM

Oct 2015
I held back tears as I was reading this chapter. Momo's speech was not groundbreaking, but thinking back where they came from and and the hardships they faced, I couldn't help but swell a little. Luffy is awesome, I really love that character more than all the characters of any media. He may not be the character, that's why I love him and moments like these make me adore him more. Hail to Pirate Emperor Luffy!!!

Momo's adult form looked fire btw, he stands out as a true Shogun
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 3, 2022 1:06 AM

Oct 2015
Bruh_epic said:
Great chapter. Happy wano is finally ending. But where my man zoro at?!? I mean if I recall last we saw him the grim reaper pulled up. We might have seen him after that, I just don’t remember. But I’m excited to see Yamato joining, and I hope she has some good character development later on

Zoro is recovering next to Luffy. Check page 5 or 6 where Yamato introduces himself to the rest of the straw hats, he's there.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 3, 2022 1:07 AM
Apr 2021
lihle808 said:
Bruh_epic said:

Zoro is recovering next to Luffy. Check page 5 or 6 where Yamato introduces himself to the rest of the straw hats, he's there.
did it ever showing him escape the grim reaper?
Jun 3, 2022 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
aaa, tama is so cute and precious. seeing her crying all out after the hell she went through was sooo ;...;

lol at kid’s reaction to the alliance he was part of haha

but yea, luffy will have the final say about yamato joining. stop teasing us oda!

removed-userJun 3, 2022 2:02 AM
Jun 3, 2022 4:17 AM

Aug 2018
So Momonosuke revealed his real adult form, that was definitely predicted quite some time ago but very awesome to see nevertheless.

Yamato joining the crew is another thing that some of us couldv'e seen coming from miles away, only thing is that Luffy indeed needs to approve this,

Where are you Carrot = next strawhat theorists hiding at?

Overall nice that we don't get break next week and looking forward a lot to see what Kaido and Big Mom will be doing after this, since there are more than a few ways for this to play out.
Jun 3, 2022 5:18 AM

Dec 2019
Such an amazing chapter

Yamato is joining the crew yes lets gooo

Momo looks so freaking cool

I cant wait for the bounty update
Jun 3, 2022 5:41 AM
Sep 2020
Kinemon should be dead. Other than that, a good chapter.
Jun 3, 2022 5:48 AM
Jan 2021
Oda is no longer predictable for some time, I almost imagine Luffy saying NO! but accepts him as an ally
Jun 3, 2022 6:49 AM

Feb 2014
Early_Morning said:
curvedtree said:
New bounties next issue?

Of course not lol. Luffy just beat Kaido a few minutes ago in manga time. The WG is not going to have new bounties for the Strawhats ready this quickly, especially since they have to confirm the information about Kaido's defeat first, and only a few WG agents like X Drake and the last CP0 agent would have information about the incident, and they might not have contacted the Gorosei or Marines about that yet.

Chapter 902 Luffy was still escaping Big Mom, Chapter 903 a new bounty was issued. Considering that with Big Mom Morgans had escaped earlier, with Kaido it was one of the CP0 agents. What was your point again?
Jun 3, 2022 8:54 AM
Jun 2022
I wanna know what happen to zoro 😭
Jun 3, 2022 10:10 AM
Jan 2018
I almost cried in the end of Momo's speech fr
Jun 3, 2022 10:11 AM
Nov 2016
Tama's backstory almost made me cry. T_T
Such a great chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Jun 3, 2022 10:45 AM
Jan 2018
I was hyped for Germa 66 to be reunited again. What a great way to start a chapter! Seriously, how strong are those 4 without BM and Katakuri to stop them from running riot? All the more reason to be angry that Sanji destroyed his raid suit.

But maybe that canister will be like the Red Scabbards and come back to life regardless of what the story told us.. One Piece needs more Stealth Black!

I feel like Oda was sitting on Tama's backstory all this time because he had nowhere to fit it in before now. It's kind of amazing just how much lore and story the Wano arc packed into such a short space of time. I hope Kaido and some of the other characters get some dedicated space to be more fleshed out as characters. I wouldn't hold my breath for it tho.

I guess Yamato is going to be a Straw Hat like y'all predicted after all. With the next set of trials the straw hats have coming up, they are going to need all the firepower they can get.

I'm waiting for Momo to try his breast trick with Nami again to see how she treats him this time. He is still 8 years old after all.

I guess seeing the same story arc play out over and over has blunted my emotions towards tears, sadness, and success in One Piece. Either that or people who should be dead coming back time and time again. I had no tears to shed for all of this entire arc. Yasuie was the most emotional and the Smile fruit reveal was the most shocking, but Oda has done emotions much better before IMO. Still a 10 out of 10 story.

Momo got his Izuku moment and got labelled the greatest Shogun ever. I wonder what he will do to put him on that level. Oden didn't do all that much as a Shogun. As a man and a legend, he did a crazy amount of stuff. But as an actual Shogun, Momo doesn't seem like he has a lot of competition.
Jun 3, 2022 11:06 AM
Sep 2021
Man, Momonosuke's adult form looks so good. I'm glad Oda didn't make him look exactly like Oden, but you easily see the resemblance. I was a bit suprised that the Yamato joining the crew thing was so sudden, but man it was funny. I guess Yamato isn't confirmed in the crew since Luffy has to say that she is, but I'm excited. Still hope Carrot joins the crew as well cause I have liked her interactions with the crew since Zou, but if she doesn't I won't be too heart broken.
Jun 3, 2022 1:07 PM

Jan 2021
Cant wait for the updated bounites and Shank's reaction to Luffy's accomplishment! He is definitely going to be one of the yankos now!

+ Yamato joining the gang is always amazing!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.