Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, it seems there's some problems with the upcoming competition before it even begins this episode.

Not going to lie, the pacing was somewhat awkward this time. The race itself did live up to my expectations though. Channeling that focus into his mind..a brilliant move imo.
May 28, 2022 9:15 AM

Feb 2020
A decent episode. The race was pretty nice.
May 28, 2022 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
The jockeying part is the norm, and because horse-betting is a thing in Japan, it's essential to keep record of the horses and their respective jockeys to make sure that both are always in tip-top shape to deliver expected results.

And the person closest to the horses is Shun, which for the fabled Kisuke horse that's retiring soon, it's sad to see it go after it finishes its last race. And sadly for them, Kirarin a.k.a Oak Diamond didn't live up to expectations in its maiden derby due to either the jockey not being able to give it the stretch, and the training methods to regulate the horses to push every ounce of horsepower out of it for wins. And it's the Yayoi Sho where Kirarin pulls away from the pack with none of its problems exacerbated to win the race.

Shun might as well not be a jockey and be its caretaker.
May 28, 2022 10:07 AM

Aug 2019
Shun, in my opinion, is better suited to be a trainer than a jockey. He could be Yuu's trainer.

In this episode, Kuji has become more friendly with Yuu.
May 28, 2022 10:18 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Kirarin won the race with Kuji as the jockey.
Kuji invited Yuu to eat meat with him which was nice to see xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 28, 2022 11:17 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Hiroyuki Sawano (the composer) use Benjamin & mpi as vocalist again, because the racing music is very similar to Promare. Even the bromance atmosphere is very similar too LOL.

Shun is highly valuable asset to any stable, but can he be a jockey? It doesn't matter if you can talk to a horse or not, in race, winning is everything, though the ability to talk to a horse help a lot.

Kuji is very hot, and this time he wins (with a lot of credit go to Shun), but I'm a little bit sad that the stable ditch Hayashida from just one loss. I kinda like the rebellion aspect of Hayashida, just like a wild horse, even though it cost him the match. In contrast, Kuji looks rebellion, but he does everything as instructed. Can I keep both guys at my stable? (If I have one, LOL)

We get to see a little bit of other stable where the other 3 students: Aki, Kouta, and Soujiro are training, but no significant action so far. I hope the show won't abandon them.
May 28, 2022 11:23 AM
Apr 2022
good race, shun managed to train Kirarin well. looks like amane has a problem.. now it's clear, seeing shun's abilities he's more suited to be a coach than a jockey. Yuu is suitable to be a jockey, it's just that Yuu doesn't seem to be aware of his abilities. Kuji might be able to make Yuu realize his ability as a jockey. Yuu and Shun are not rivals but partners. by the way how is hayato? he couldn't be ignored.
May 28, 2022 1:02 PM

Jun 2021
Shun the horse whisperer at it again this ep lol. The dude has like a superpower when it comes to understanding these horses. I kind of wonder what causes a horse to become jittery or nervous in the first place.

When these horses go to a farm, is it a “farm” or an actual farm I wonder.
May 28, 2022 2:40 PM

May 2021
Pacing was so bad in this episode. Events are happening way too fast for me to give a frick. At least the race was somewhat decent.

May 28, 2022 4:00 PM

Mar 2016
Oh, Shun is mad. I was expecting him to be sad or scared when the anime focused on him, but I never thought he could be mad.

I am having a kind of hard time following the story after the time-skip. The characters are all behaving differently, and we're supposed to be caring about a whole new woman. I wish they made us catch up somehow. The characters are starting to feel like strangers. That can't be good when the anime is almost over.

May 28, 2022 4:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So they show me the other side of another training center place where the red-haired dude, errand boy, and not-so-happy-go-around dude being dumped there. When i say, dumped, let's take an example from Soujiro dude. He's supposed to attend his father stable. Instead, he chose Eri and dumped his own son into another training center which honestly quite funny plot for those side character. Alright, let's hope the best for them there, and see if he, they, truly can't afford to lose.

Back to Shun's place, the horse was not doing a well job at first, when the jockey clearly had his own mind and easily mess things up. Mad Shun, figured. Glad that Shun found a way to return the horse pace into their ideal track, and Kuji-san also leads them into the proper handle too, which both bringing a good result to the stable and, the owner. Both have a good match after all.

Interesting dialogue when Kuji said Shun can't be a jockey. While Amane looks like have a frustrating phase and might return back to an annoying trait. Yuu still have a long way to go and need more time to shine. Toka-san revealed to be the journalist now, and pesting Eri much. Then looks like the brown horse might have the last chance to have fun on the ride. Idk if its possible, but i hope its Shun who's going to jockey the horse. Let's see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 29, 2022 4:29 PM

Oct 2016
Kirarin/Oak Diamond is so precious. I'm so happy about that victory.
Jul 5, 2022 7:06 AM

May 2012
This is interesting.. especially the part about taking special care of the horses, training them for the race and taking into consideration their "emotional" aspect. I am aware that horses are extremely sensitive animals but seeing a new perspective here of their sensitiveness is quite refreshing for me.

And maybe Shun was a horse in his past life? LOL. But anyway, his special ability is insane!
Aug 16, 2022 7:36 PM

Jul 2016
It seems this Kuji dude took a chill pill during the timeskip. He sure looked more relaxed this time.

4/5 episode. The race was actually quite nice.
Aug 25, 2022 9:24 PM
Aug 2018
shun's better at horse training tbh
Dec 22, 2022 12:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally we enjoyed with a full horse race, but it was very fast!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

22 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

50 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

16 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

13 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.