Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 27, 2022 12:26 AM

Apr 2016
Finally Raphtalia is gone. Maybe now the story will be better

May 27, 2022 2:38 AM

Dec 2008
This arc is so much better, the last one was hell for the most part.

Oh no, don't leave Raph behind, I'm seriously worried about her now.
I hope she can escape before she ends as lab rat or worse.

such a dirty move from Kyou to mess with the warp terminal.
What a freak to plan all of this just to see Naofumi in pain.
He seems to be quite obsessed with Naofumi and Raphtalia... incell ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2022 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
Naofumi gonna tear apart that bastard who took Raphtalia
May 27, 2022 10:03 AM

Apr 2009
Well that was infuriating to say the least, first got separated with our giant bird slave and now our little racoon sword.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 27, 2022 2:27 PM
Jan 2021
This season turned from a 4/10 to a 10/10 very fast I’m so hyped for the next episodes my god
May 28, 2022 2:15 AM

Feb 2008
I've been considering dropping the show after the the conclusion of the last arc, all those hearts, fake hearts, OP shields and the worst most uninteresting villain ever. But I pushed on and now I really hit the wall, I just cant over how dumb and bad the main character is.

He had like a good 30-60seconds to actually save her, or do anything that could increase the likelihood of her making it out of there. Smack the bad guys with your shield skills so she has time to get away, grab her and run away, if the teleportation breaks thats even better, if it doesn't you at least got her closer to safety and can fight off the enemies until the last second. I love characters that are decisive and strong, Nao hasen't been any of those since season 2 started.
May 28, 2022 4:19 AM

Apr 2020
RioFS said:
Was it mentioned anywhere that 100 is the max level? I could swear I saw that girl's level being 105.

i read about it
level mechanisms differ in different worlds
in naofumi's world normal people are capped at 100 and cant go beyond it for example that old kungfu women is already capped at 100.
but heros can go beyond 100 as far as i remember
also in vassal hero's world there's no class upgrade at 60(i am not sure about it tho i forgot what i have read but was surely interesting how different worlds working)
NaughtySempaiMay 28, 2022 4:36 AM
May 28, 2022 4:25 AM

Apr 2020
Yaggamy said:
Comander-07 said:
Another Lolitalia episode, nice!

Lolitalia got trapped, not so nice..

Beeing able to direct their warp destination from the world travel like that is pretty OP. Are Glass and the others also split up? They went after Kyo after all. And what is happening to Filo right now?
Damn a couple episodes ago I didnt think this show could get me excited again

Based on the next episode title, Filo is in it.

The studio wanted to save time so they're not animating the other group.

Glass's group:

its not like they are not animating other group
in novels everything is from naofumi's perspective so there was never a explanations to what happened to other group until they met with naofumi and told their story( i have not watched anime's 2nd season at all and saying purely as a LN reader, so may be i am wrong)
May 28, 2022 6:59 AM
Feb 2021
Letting Naofumi separate his beloved comrades from his is a real nice thing for a plot. Filo and Raphtalia are his only companion ever since he started his journey in the new world he had no choice but to live in.

This EP helps recovered the overall assessment I made from the Spirit Turtle Arc. I feel more excited now that there's something worthy of anticipation. How would Naofumi handle the loss of his comrade and the life he had to fight into this new world once again? What happened to Filo? There are too many questions I want to be answered that's why I feel more alive watching this now.
May 28, 2022 8:53 AM
May 2022
very good episode this is getting better
May 28, 2022 9:20 AM

May 2011
ya ok so they did a small rearrangement and now they are separated once again. This is fine i guess, so now they're finally going to group rapthalia and the other party together and stick to the original route for character development. I guess getting lolitalia abit early is good, more screentime for kizuna too

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 28, 2022 12:04 PM

Apr 2007
Shuffleblade said:
I've been considering dropping the show after the the conclusion of the last arc, all those hearts, fake hearts, OP shields and the worst most uninteresting villain ever. But I pushed on and now I really hit the wall, I just cant over how dumb and bad the main character is.

He had like a good 30-60seconds to actually save her, or do anything that could increase the likelihood of her making it out of there. Smack the bad guys with your shield skills so she has time to get away, grab her and run away, if the teleportation breaks thats even better, if it doesn't you at least got her closer to safety and can fight off the enemies until the last second. I love characters that are decisive and strong, Nao hasen't been any of those since season 2 started.

This kind of makes assumptions about the teleportation that probably can't be utilized. I'm sure he knows how the portal works more than we do. Once he touched her shoulder he noticed something. It's possible that he was no longer able to have any contact with her once the portal was activated and he turned yellow.
May 28, 2022 12:07 PM

Apr 2007
NaughtySempai said:
Yaggamy said:

Glass's group:

in novels everything is from naofumi's perspective so there was never a explanations to what happened to other group until they met with naofumi and told their story( i have not watched anime's 2nd season at all and saying purely as a LN reader, so may be i am wrong)

Actually we don't know that ocnisdering Raphtalia is likely going where they are after being captured. There is a good chance they will be shown because how do you think that they
Also how do you think that Raphtalia
May 28, 2022 1:38 PM

Jan 2020
This episode felt more like the first season, so at least it seems like this season end on a good note. The scene with selling the SP potions was amusing, especially breaking the "entire" stock for extra profit.

Naofumi seems a bit screwed at this point. He's only got Rishia to lean on at the moment. Is he going to have to rustle up some more party members to find his old ones? I feel like anything could happen in these next few episodes -- I have no idea what we're aiming for at the moment.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 28, 2022 2:00 PM

Sep 2015
Mate does anyone even doubt for a second that Raphtalia is gonna be okay?

Option 1: She's okay as is typical for fake anime 'cliffhangers'
Option 2: The show kills/tortures/mutilates a fan favourite main character

Both are fucking stupid, but option 1 is the obvious choice.
May 28, 2022 2:29 PM

Apr 2007
TigersAndDragons said:
Mate does anyone even doubt for a second that Raphtalia is gonna be okay?

Option 1: She's okay as is typical for fake anime 'cliffhangers'
Option 2: The show kills/tortures/mutilates a fan favourite main character

Both are fucking stupid, but option 1 is the obvious choice.

If it happens like the LN, then it does serve a pretty big purpose.
May 28, 2022 3:48 PM

Nov 2012
If Kyo "let"Naofumi keep Raphtalia, does that mean he has Filo?
May 28, 2022 4:30 PM

Mar 2010
Bruh poor raphy :c

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 28, 2022 9:43 PM

Nov 2014
Probably a good decision to separate most of the main cast from the story temporarily actually. They have been struggling to get me attached to the new characters.

Poor Raphtalia though....
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
May 28, 2022 9:59 PM

Apr 2020
Killuan said:
NaughtySempai said:

Actually we don't know that ocnisdering Raphtalia is likely going where they are after being captured. There is a good chance they will be shown because how do you think that they

Yeah i hate the studio for changing so many things and making changes complicated
Just so rapthallia can get screen time and some Hornt teen will continue to watch the show
They don't care for people like us who care more about story rather being horny
May 28, 2022 11:49 PM

Apr 2007
NaughtySempai said:
Killuan said:

Yeah i hate the studio for changing so many things and making changes complicated
Just so rapthallia can get screen time and some Hornt teen will continue to watch the show

tbh, with a name like that, I am not convinced lol.

Real talk, it may not follow the LN but I don't see how this change it bad. It made a lot of things better, because the separation in the LN lacks the emotional pull that the separation in the anime gave. Picture from an anime only standpoint. This is way better. And hey, it's the only time we'll see child Raphtalia again. It would be a waste not to give her focus.
May 29, 2022 3:20 AM

Apr 2020
Killuan said:
NaughtySempai said:

tbh, with a name like that, I am not convinced lol.

Real talk, it may not follow the LN but I don't see how this change it bad. It made a lot of things better, because the separation in the LN lacks the emotional pull that the separation in the anime gave. Picture from an anime only standpoint. This is way better. And hey, it's the only time we'll see child Raphtalia again. It would be a waste not to give her focus.

hehe i may look like that i appreciate story more than fanservice
yeah that point i can understand since in LN even naofumi missed raphtalia's loli form
so if studio went with LN we would have too miss he loli form
but with changes we can
May 29, 2022 6:52 AM

Jan 2017
The introduction of the new bad guy and that whole scene in particular was so boring, I almost dozed off lol

At least I enjoyed Naofumi's merchant scene, artificially reducing supply to raise prices smh my head
May 29, 2022 8:01 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Comander-07 said:

Beeing able to direct their warp destination from the world travel like that is pretty OP. Are Glass and the others also split up? They went after Kyo after all. And what is happening to Filo right now?

If everyone else got reset, I wonder if Filo is an egg? hmmm

May 29, 2022 9:32 PM
Oct 2020
I hate Kyo and b*tch/sl*t. Those two characters r literally the worst in the series. And the king. But i mean ig it’s interesting to like see what’s gonna happen to raphtalia and maybe Naofumi go berserk over that.
May 30, 2022 5:54 AM
Jan 2022
Tomzaki99 said:
Another good episode, Raphtalia must protect

I’m extremely worried what would happen to her if the enemy chooses to capture instead of attempting to kill her
May 30, 2022 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
I’m liking the new arc so far.
May 30, 2022 5:21 PM

Nov 2017
This show definitely got better after the Tortoise arc ended. Yea the first half of this show was rough but if it keeps going this way we will have a good ending.
May 31, 2022 1:17 PM

Jan 2019
The low budget is continuing to rear its ugly head, with the action and animation in particular.

However we seem to finally be out of the boring tortoise arc, and into the infinitely more interesting isekai multiverse stuff that the first season made me believe we were getting right away. Never thought I'd be this relieved to see more fantasy world building.

May 31, 2022 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
Damn Raphtalia was separated from them. Hope Naofumi finds a way to get her back soon.
Jun 4, 2022 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
It was funny seeing Naofumi use his skills as a "merchant" to sell those potions.

That cliffhanger tho. Naofumi is going to be so pissed that Raphtalia got taken away. I can't wait for the moment Kyo gets beat up.

Jun 4, 2022 9:15 PM

Sep 2015
The writing is still boring and uninspired as always. Not a fan of the villian design at all as well.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 6, 2022 6:38 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Shuffleblade said:

If the teleportation could be broken wouldn't the bad guys do this? Clearly, teleportation can't be broken so easily. If it was easy they would cancel it for everyone (not just Raphtalia).

If it can only be broken by the party members, I think Naofumi would've broken it immediately to fight for Raphtalia.

Maybe if he breaks it for himself it will break for everyone. Or perhaps only the caster (Kizuna) is able to cancel the party teleport. I suspect she is the party leader too, (because she says she added them to "my party") which means other members might not be able to cancel it.

Lastly, when you're teleporting in a game, people typically can't use a skill at the same time. Or even move. It would be too OP to teleport out whilst shooting magic or whatever at someone.

If you think about it as a game (which is what the abilities and shit are based off) then this makes sense.

That said, I do agree Naofumi acts a bit wishy washy at times. I think this is possibly due to somewhat weak writing and trying to drag out storylines for drama and such. Indicated because the next episode is somewhat decisive. showing that the action is just determined by the writer, even when it seems absurd to just be standing there talking etc.

Jun 7, 2022 3:48 PM

Sep 2014
Yaggamy said:
Comander-07 said:

Glass's group:
ah well that does sound OP af, I hope we get to see more about Kyo because he seems to have interesting abilities which probably arent solely from his vassal weapon so he must have done something crazy. I was wondering is maybe heroes returning home would be save but I guess not. Makes world travel very scary.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 23, 2022 3:05 PM
Jan 2021
Man this series just won't stop moving.

I love how this season is just very fast-paced in comparison to the original. Obviously the first season needed episodes to establish world-building, characters, relationships, etc.

First of all Naofumi's merchant skills are really coming in handy. My boy came to a different world and instantly made bank with the soul soothing potions. Now we understand that both Therese and Glass aren't human.

Therese is a jewel person (explains why she uses jewels for her offense and defense). Glass is a spirit. Spirits only have their own energy while other races have other energy sources for their attack. Hence, Naofumi's Soul Eater Shield was so damaging. Against anyone else, it just takes some SP (soul points). Since Glass doesn't have that, I guess the shield goes straight for her energy? I'm not quite sure how it works.

Well Naofumi, Rishia, Raphtalia, and Kizuna move on to get to the Dragon Hourglass so that Kizuna can use Return Dragon Vein to transport everyone to the capital (or wherever).

Unfortunately it seems that Kyo was involved in this. Not only did he have Kazuki capture Naofumi's party, but he also planned it out so that he could take Raphtalia and experiment on her. Raphtalia valiantly fights against the enemy, despite being a kid again and now Naofumi, Rishia, and Kizuna have been transported away.

I wonder if that means he started experimenting on Filo as well. I'm assuming Naofumi's priority now will be to get the two of them back and I can't wait to see how he does it.
Jul 11, 2022 12:14 AM

Feb 2021
Oh no Raphtalia didn't go with them :(
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 21, 2022 9:00 PM

Aug 2019
ok liked this episode a bit more, at least it gave some clear goal for Naofumi and made sure to coat it in as many layers of agonising for him as possible. Antag set up everything from the start and was just waiting for the punch line which was pretty good, Raphtalia in her child form gets left behind and im sure Naofumi isn't gonna take this sitting down. Especially since he knows Raphtalia is in immediate danger due to her low level and stuck in an enemy HQ.

How they build of well from this, the story's got me hooked after what felt like episodes worth of filler.
Sep 25, 2022 1:25 AM

Jul 2019
The world building and the expposition part was fun and we got to see the cast in traditional Japanese outfits. Guess that counts for something ;)

Raphtalia gone does not have me too scared. Too popular of a character and we might even see in a future episode her trashing everybody there.

Kyou is still so very annoying. Him and his stupid overly elaborate tropes.
Sep 30, 2022 5:59 AM

Mar 2017
Now this arc… I like! So much more on the level of season 1. I can see why the first arc was needed (to set up for Naofumi and his party to go to the other world) but I think it could’ve been cut down

My heart dropped when Raphtalia was left behind… and Filo’s still missing too 🥲
Oct 26, 2022 11:54 PM

Dec 2012
This episode reminds me of Wano Arc from One Piece

Nov 25, 2022 12:08 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
it was all a well thought out plan, rather, malicious!!! kekeke
Jan 25, 2023 12:25 PM

Jul 2008
Kyo really wants to die a painful death.
Mar 2, 2023 1:10 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Has anyone else noticed how the show improved with Filo's absence?
Mar 21, 2023 12:10 PM
Mar 2023
meh. The author seems to like to see the suffering of the protagonist.
Mar 30, 2023 11:02 PM
Sep 2019
Couldn't stand the animation anymore
Jun 20, 2023 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Aw man... this show will never be as good anymore as it was in the first half of the first season.
Jul 13, 2023 9:16 AM
Jan 2023
That merchant scene was pretty awesome, along with them playing in the snow.
It seems Raphtalia has been separated from the party. A less than ideal situation for them considering how good she is with the sword.
Good episode overall.
Aug 24, 2023 10:21 PM

Dec 2022
Kyo is much more competent in the background than he is as a physical presence, evidently.

Character dynamics are looking up now. They were somewhat poor in the first half, so this is an improvement.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 13, 2023 2:37 AM
Dec 2022
Kyo is so irritating and deserves whatever coming to him. Shield Hero needs to level up and gives Kyo a piece of his mind.
Dec 18, 2023 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
Well, I thought the last episode had a fast pace, but this one takes the prize, there's a bunch of things they are just throwing at us just to get the "introduction" to this arc set, and get into action, but in the end, they don't explain anything. I had to rewatch some parts (for example the one they explain on why draining Glass' SP made her so weak), just so I could actually understand the concept.
The idea of this arc is much better than the Tortoise, but the execution isn't being that much better in my opinion. The setting is more interesting, but it just continues to be so fast paced for no reason.
Also, what's the real reason for Filo not being with the rest of the team? And how did Kyo managed to not let Raphtalia warp with the rest of the team? How did Kizuna know where the hourglass was, but then the hourglass wasn't there, it didn't make sense.
So many questions, and little answers. What does Kyo have against Raphtalia in specific, wouldn't it make more sense for him to kidnap Rishia, that was the one that, for some reason, was able to win against his spells?

Putting that apart, I'm really liking Kizuna as a character, and I like how her and Naofumi are both Japanese, and are bounding due to that too!

Although all of my critics, I am enjoying more these 2 last episodes than the entirety of the Tortoise arc, but that isn't that much of a compliment, because that arc was terrible.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

231 by LegendaryGast »»
Apr 8, 5:07 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.