Forum Settings
Forums

What made you want to try reading more manga?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 23, 2022 3:01 PM
Dec 2017
Mercury-Lamp said:
Crow_Black said:

I really have to read the older shoujo sometime as i've been curious about them for a while now.

Yes, definitely read them, they deserve their reputation! I should too, as I haven’t made much progress myself…

The Window of Orpheus which was from rose of versaile's mangaka (which also influenced berserk with its story themes as well too) i'm now starting to read and its one of the earliest shoujo i now have on my list and i plan on starting it soon actually and i'm still reading Houkago Hokenshitsu but i'll be sure to let you know what my thoughts are on it but i have found out another similar manga called Magnolia which deals in crossdressing gender bending themes as well too. And it looks like i have to make a couple of recs soon to requiem of the rose king fans.

And not shoujo per say but

So looks like lately, now i'm starting to get more into gender bender stories it seems will let you know if i find any interesting that comes my way.

Oct 24, 2022 8:24 AM
Dec 2017
Mercury-Lamp said:
Crow_Black said:

The Window of Orpheus which was from rose of versaile's mangaka (which also influenced berserk with its story themes as well too) i'm now starting to read and its one of the earliest shoujo i now have on my list and i plan on starting it soon actually and i'm still reading Houkago Hokenshitsu but i'll be sure to let you know what my thoughts are on it but i have found out another similar manga called Magnolia which deals in crossdressing gender bending themes as well too. And it looks like i have to make a couple of recs soon to requiem of the rose king fans.

And not shoujo per say but

So looks like lately, now i'm starting to get more into gender bender stories it seems will let you know if i find any interesting that comes my way.

I've had my eye on The Window of Orpheus for a few years now, but I can't read it because I don't speak any of the languages it's been translated to nor the original Japanese. And the fan translations are what, 18-20 chapters out of 126 in? Though I haven't checked their status in a while, but I doubt much progress has been made, so I've given up on it. I guess you either speak one of the languages it's been translated into or the original language or using a translator?

Glad to hear you've been reading Houkago Hokenshitsu, though I can't really talk about it with you as I haven't read it and don't know anything about it, aha. Hopefully I'll get around to watching the fammous Cowboy Bebop sooner rather than later, and I'll look up Magnolia too. :)

On mangaklot its up to volume 4 at chapter 20 only had an update around early winter last year no new updates since then. Okie dokie then! looking forward to hearing your thoughts on cowboy bebop soon! ^^ And i'm getting there in finishing up houkago hokenshitsu soon so i'll let you know as well what my thoughts are on it soon!^^

Oct 24, 2022 1:07 PM

Apr 2019
because most adaptions are
a) incomplete
b) bad
c) slow at adapting
d) both

and e) i have adhd and find sitting for 20 minutes and watching without getting distracted very hard unless im in the specific mood for that specific anime
Oct 27, 2022 9:07 AM

Jul 2021
When I was getting a little bored of anime, I started reading more manga instead of the anime eps I was watching. And that stuck, even after I started watching more anime again.

v Thanks :D
iftsistrnnOct 27, 2022 9:10 AM
Oct 27, 2022 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
iftsistrnn said:
When I was getting a little bored of anime, I started reading more manga instead of the anime eps I was watching. And that stuck, even after I started watching more anime again.

Can i just say, that is a really cute profile layout as well as forum set you have there.

Oct 27, 2022 10:13 AM

May 2012
Edit: w00t o_o

Accidentally posted in the wrong thread.
crescensXGOct 27, 2022 12:27 PM
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Oct 28, 2022 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
I'm a manga reader before an anime watcher and I prefer manga over anime.
In my opinion, reading manga is far better than watchin anime, it's easier, faster and you get rid out of filler episodes and slow pacing and most importantly you don't miss anything important but expections do exist (e.g. Hunter x Hunter) + most of the awesome manga don't even get an anime adaptations like Vagabond, Pluto, Mushishi and 20th Century Boys and about Berserk's anime adaption? Let's not talk about that.
Overall, Manga is better than anime in every angle.
Nov 3, 2022 2:54 PM
Dec 2017
anyone else would like to share their thoughts

Nov 20, 2022 9:58 PM

Jan 2022
I mainly started reading more manga because I realized just how many manga haven't been adapted into anime (especially manga covering niche topics), and in one case it was because the anime and manga had completely different storylines and the anime wasn't doing it for me.

Nov 21, 2022 6:15 AM
💎💎💎💎

Aug 2020
i started reading it because i used to see a lot of manga panels online and wanted to know the source. then i started reading it because i wanted to be ahead of anime watchers LMFAO, and now i'm in a never-ending black hole where i keep reading manga 😎

the day i died was
the day i started to live
Nov 28, 2022 10:19 AM
Oct 2021
My Wife loves Manga and knows some of the most obscure shit old and new but she specializes in older really lesser known manga
But Tezuka’s work is what actually got me from the old stuff I know it’s known by everybody but it’s known for a reason
The Three Adolfs

Also She made me read Monster which is in the relatively not new zone and I loved it

And I watch Anime so it was pretty easy to get into Manga as I am also used to reading because I play VN’s
Also my problem with Reading is actually that I can’t see shit and Manga pretty much fixes it
Dec 21, 2022 1:23 AM

Apr 2020
I love reading and it is so much easier to get into a new manga series than it is to get into a new novel. Also, I had just moved and I used to read books by randomly picking them from my local library, it is much easier to get recs for manga than the incredibly vague descriptions of books I used to get online.
Dec 22, 2022 12:56 PM

Apr 2021
I finished Jojo part 5 and knew there was part 6 and give it a shot. Later I started to read webtoons than random shorter manga and now here we are 15k+ chapters read.
Dec 23, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2021
I read Domestic Girlfriend, because there's no season 2. 
And as it turned out reading erotica manga for the plot can be very pleasant. 
Dec 23, 2022 8:33 AM

Aug 2018
for closure. I only read manga when the anime ends without closure. Reading manga on a PC is kind of a chore. Probably would be a more pleasant experience on a tablet but the one I have is just a bit too small for the text to be comfortably readable.

I probably need glasses.
Dec 23, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2021
epidemia78 said:
for closure. I only read manga when the anime ends without closure. Reading manga on a PC is kind of a chore. Probably would be a more pleasant experience on a tablet but the one I have is just a bit too small for the text to be comfortably readable.

I probably need glasses.
PC is fine, if you can display the pages one by one. I used half of my 28" monitor for it, and it's fine there, and then can just scroll with a click or key press.
For phones the webtoon format is just so much superior... Rather obvious, considering Manga was designed around paper, so it has lots of limitations.
Dec 23, 2022 9:44 AM

Aug 2018
JaniSIr said:
epidemia78 said:

I probably need glasses.
PC is fine, if you can display the pages one by one. I used half of my 28" monitor for it, and it's fine there, and then can just scroll with a click or key press.
For phones the webtoon format is just so much superior... Rather obvious, considering Manga was designed around paper, so it has lots of limitations.

Thing is, I use my tv for a monitor. (is that weird?) I got into this habit many years ago and don't even own an actual monitor anymore. Not an issue since I don't use my computer for work or anything. Sitting at a desk just to shitpost, watch videos and play games sounds like a real buzzkill. Instead I just chill on the couch from a good distance away. Problems arise when it comes to manga and e-books. Gotta zoom in a bit for the text to be readable which means a lot of annoying scrolling.
Dec 23, 2022 9:51 AM

Aug 2018
i really like to see the author's perspective & direction to see how the original sourcing was actually constructed + the fact that there is much better manga/light novels than anime

Dec 23, 2022 10:17 AM

Jul 2021
epidemia78 said:
JaniSIr said:

Thing is, I use my tv for a monitor. (is that weird?) I got into this habit many years ago and don't even own an actual monitor anymore. Not an issue since I don't use my computer for work or anything. Sitting at a desk just to shitpost, watch videos and play games sounds like a real buzzkill. Instead I just chill on the couch from a good distance away. Problems arise when it comes to manga and e-books. Gotta zoom in a bit for the text to be readable which means a lot of annoying scrolling.
It's not unprecedented to use TV as monitor, I was thinking of getting one and hooking it up to my PC to watch movies more comfortably, but I don't have space for it, nor movies to watch...
I suppose it depends on what you use it for, and what model do you actually have. Some TVs can be horrible for PC use as I've heard.
But the fact that you have trouble with text is rather scuffed.
Dec 23, 2022 12:07 PM

May 2019
The abundance of nudity and attractive anime girls.
Jan 3, 2023 10:47 AM
Dec 2017
chuskipop said:
i started reading it because i used to see a lot of manga panels online and wanted to know the source. then i started reading it because i wanted to be ahead of anime watchers LMFAO, and now i'm in a never-ending black hole where i keep reading manga 😎
I'm a step further as manga and anime is the only thing i look at now lol.

Jan 3, 2023 10:50 AM
Dec 2017
epidemia78 said:

I probably need glasses.
I need them more than you do especially these days due to how much time i am on a screen.

Jan 3, 2023 11:10 AM
Jan 2020
For me it was when I played the Naruto game 'Broken Bond'. I thought the story was sick!! I wanted to know what happened after the ending then I found the Naruto Anime & Manga. The rest is history.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

18 by Chuckiemuffin »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1042 by codelyok13 »»
6 hours ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - 6 hours ago

0 by codelyok13 »»
6 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

26 by Zimmu »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Apr 17, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.