Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2022 11:18 AM
Nov 2020
If the story was somewhat good, it could've been one of the bangers. But to say truth story was just generic & not unique. They couldn't even utilise the full potential of the premise.
I can think of 40+ different stories which if animated would be 100× better than this.
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the aesthetic, animation, OST. Just disappointed how much let down the story was.
Although that's my opinion. Everyone has different views.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2022 11:27 AM
Feb 2022
i don't know to be frank but animation is sick as hell i love it
May 24, 2022 11:29 AM
Oct 2008
I would say it is Netflix curse. 90% of things they touch become mediocre.
May 24, 2022 11:37 AM
Sep 2021
I can understand what you’re talking about but my guess is that the story wasn’t the main focus. I think that what they were going for was a movie with god tier animation and they succeeded to that. I too had very high expectations for the story especially after seeing who was the one writing it. Another thing that may have led to the story being a mid attempt to copy weathering with you is Netflix. They love fucking things up
May 24, 2022 11:56 AM

Jul 2019
your answers here are good as mine.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 24, 2022 12:12 PM
Apr 2022
Animation was so fireeee, but like the story itself was pretty boring in my opinion. Like the idea is cool and you know all the jumping and running in stuff is nice. It’s just that barely anything happens and when it does happen it’s boring so I rated it a 3 just purely because the animation and idea is good. Also the song started to get annoying cause the bubble girl started singing it too much.
May 24, 2022 1:16 PM
Apr 2022
Gagarin said:

That is indeed a fact
May 24, 2022 2:58 PM
Jul 2021
to have a family friendly gorgeous anime that could be enjoyed by anybody I guess.
May 24, 2022 3:08 PM
Mar 2021
Ok yea the story is kind of generic but the art and animation looks really cool
May 24, 2022 4:09 PM
May 2021
Cause it’s not really about the story.
May 24, 2022 5:33 PM
Apr 2022
in my opinion the story wasn’t boring, it was actually quite interesting, and that along with the magnificent animation and beautiful soundtrack it is now one of my favorite movies
May 24, 2022 5:45 PM
Jul 2021
They probably thought it was good
May 24, 2022 6:01 PM
Aug 2021
because MONEY ...
May 24, 2022 6:24 PM

May 2021
Cause not everyone hated the movie,some folks even loved it.
May 24, 2022 6:31 PM
Mar 2022
the story wasn't generic, it was very aesthetic and abstract. i can see why many didn't like it tho, the movie was all about throwing your brain out the window and to gawk at the beautiful animation
May 24, 2022 6:33 PM
Mar 2022
LIVI_uwu said:
because MONEY ...

lmao money is completely not the issue here, if they were really looking for money here they wouldn't have bothered to make the movie so beautiful. it was just a very passionate project with a simple story
May 24, 2022 6:58 PM
Mar 2021
Have you’ve seen marvel movies it just what a lot movies do
May 24, 2022 9:57 PM

Mar 2013
The story was very random. I didn't really understand the movie until the last half.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 24, 2022 10:22 PM
Jan 2020
You could say that to 70% of the movies I've watched
May 24, 2022 11:43 PM
Jun 2020
just watched it. i agree that it is pretty generic and really isn't much backstory or reasoning explained behind all the events and all i can say is that it looked pretty good and sounded pretty good lmao i was amused with how many aot and death note people there are and that undertaker even looked like L which was really funny and sad to me. and everytime the red head talked and especially scream i laughed bc all i could hear was eren. but yeah it's really nice to look at the art is really really good and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort and budget into the art
May 25, 2022 4:11 AM
Apr 2022
Sandro8604 said:
If the story was somewhat good, it could've been one of the bangers. But to say truth story was just generic & not unique. They couldn't even utilise the full potential of the premise.
I can think of 40+ different stories which if animated would be 100× better than this.
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the aesthetic, animation, OST. Just disappointed how much let down the story was.

Okay so, it's time for my opinion, I don't know what makes it generic for you or what's the definition of generic to you, but for me it was a "breath of fresh air" for the most part.

Now my questions to u wanna be etilist, critic or whatever the fuck it is, but know one thing here that you're not capable of creating a better story than this, if only you knew you would have wrote it already on thread to show how capable you're of writing a story but guess it's impossible for a sad clown, also what was generic according cause I can't see anything mentioned by you on that.
May 25, 2022 4:24 AM
Nov 2020
Bakamono_9381 said:
Sandro8604 said:

Okay so, it's time for my opinion, I don't know what makes it generic for you or what's the definition of generic to you, but for me it was a "breath of fresh air" for the most part.

Now my questions to u wanna be etilist, critic or whatever the fuck it is, but know one thing here that you're not capable of creating a better story than this, if only you knew you would have wrote it already on thread to show how capable you're of writing a story but guess it's impossible for a sad clown, also what was generic according cause I can't see anything mentioned by you on that.
Talking about clown, You've proved who is more worthy of that title. Writing hate comment on a random thread, how sad your life must be. I hope you're okay, not getting bullied out there.
And concerning if I could write stories or not, I can't but that does not mean I'm not capable of criticizing.
FYI there's always google if you need to know the meaning of something. If you can't do that then go collect some IQs first.
May 25, 2022 4:30 AM

Feb 2020
It was not based on manga so it was ment to happen.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 25, 2022 6:41 AM

Oct 2020
what if Wit just flexing???? 🤔🤔🤔

May 25, 2022 6:50 AM

Jan 2009
the main attraction is Araki wants to copy the ODM Gear scenes of Attack on Titan anyway so they just added a story for that even if the story is mid

this is just a passion project from Araki seeing that he is one of the best director around and gave WIT or Production IG a lot of money

>According to Araki, Bubble and Attack on Titan are alike in that they both use parkour as a reference for their action scenes. He said that his previous exposure to the athletic discipline inspired him to create something based entirely around it, so he consulted with a professional parkour athlete, Zen, for Bubble's choreography. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-04-21/2nd-bubble-making-of-video-highlights-the-attack-on-titan-connection/.184848
May 25, 2022 8:10 AM
Oct 2019
Gagarin said:

Jc staff and crunchyroll originals are typing…
poo poo
May 25, 2022 8:18 AM
Dec 2021
Gagarin said:

More like they had done a lot of mediocre things and now people just hate them even if they make a good thing.
May 25, 2022 8:33 AM
Dec 2021
These days people expect too much, sometimes they are not to blame, most times they just wanna be hyped while watching it or maybe they just think their opinions are better than others’.

Either way, I find this movie to be good. It’s 2hrs, why do you think they would go into backstories and explanations? They can’t just waste time on that when the main focus seems to be on Parkour, you can just try to figure out the rest yourself by using your time to think.

There’s not much way for this to get better than it already is.
May 25, 2022 8:43 AM

May 2021
Not even generic, the romance just straight up made no sense. I would have rated it lower had it not been for the 3-D cinematography.

May 25, 2022 8:45 AM
Apr 2020
reredundant said:
Gagarin said:

talking about jc staffs how many shows you have watched made by them?
let me guess you only watched one punch man season 2 probably
you don't even know what jc staffs is capable of lmfao
May 25, 2022 8:48 AM

Feb 2019
reredundant said:
Gagarin said:

Jc stuff made lots of great anime
May 25, 2022 8:52 AM

Sep 2020
Idk, they probably think having colorful animation will sell like hotcakes
May 25, 2022 1:03 PM
Oct 2019
Gunjan0biswas said:
reredundant said:

not the jc staff fans lmao 😂 yall probably gonna point out shit like danmachi and shimoneta
poo poo
May 25, 2022 2:03 PM
Jun 2021
Eh I thought it was pretty good, interesting concepts if not anything groundbreaking. Different strokes for different folks and all that. It kinda reminded me of a longer version of an Animatrix short.
May 25, 2022 4:05 PM
Jul 2021
didn’t you rate it an 8? So you think it’s ‘very good’ while saying it’s ‘very bad’.
May 25, 2022 8:51 PM
Nov 2020
Sometimes things just dont work out
May 25, 2022 10:17 PM
Apr 2020
reredundant said:
Gunjan0biswas said:

not the jc staff fans lmao 😂 yall probably gonna point out shit like danmachi and shimoneta

I'll point out Disastrous life of Saiki K, Toradora, Food wars, scientific railgun, honey and clover, maid sama, Bakuman, nodame Cantabile, azumanga daioh,
Just say you hate jc staffs for no reason
May 26, 2022 3:45 AM

Jul 2021
It’s all Netflix’s fault. Animation was great btw

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 26, 2022 3:51 AM

Jun 2020
because they want to
May 26, 2022 3:37 PM
Apr 2022
sometimes a simple story for a movie is all you need to enjoy just like watching a Disney film
May 27, 2022 6:26 AM
Jan 2022
To me, this movie is a bit of a sign where WIT wants to go. I have feeling they want to shed some of the association from Attack on Titan and want to be known for something else. In the past two years, they proved that they can - for the most part at least - make compelling originals (think Great Pretender and Vivy).

The “we make original IPs” option is a route they likely want to continue with if both their most recent originals - Bubble and Vampire in the Garden - are any indication. As for “Why is it on Netflix?”, they probably had a business deal in place with them already or WIT found them to be the most flexible with their terms. If it wasn’t on Netflix; I’m pretty sure Amazon, Sony, Disney Plus or even the newly formed Warner Bros.-Discovery conglomerate would have happily snapped it up since these multi-billion dollar streaming companies are literally insatiable when it comes to content.

Either way, it’s definitely not the best anime movie, but it could be a clue to where WIT wants to go.
May 27, 2022 6:09 PM
May 2022
The movie had some really big names attached to it's production so I don't think they cared much for the story, they must've thought that the visuals and the credits will pull the audience in eventually. And it worked right? so many people watched that movie just because the animation looked good.
May 27, 2022 8:38 PM
Jan 2021
I'm just about to watch it and decided to check MAL comments. Sure enough, Netflix curse seems to be in play. However, Alice Hirose is so dammm beautiful that I'm going to watch it, anyway - even though it's just her voice. Gawd, she's gorgeous!
May 28, 2022 2:58 AM

Jul 2013
That is a question that pops up from time to time in my mind regarding the anime industry in general. Honestly, in the end there will be people who haven't consumed a lot of novels, anime, movies, etc who're going to love this.
May 31, 2022 7:55 AM
Jul 2021
adeeb91 said:
It’s all Netflix’s fault. Animation was great btw

yes............. ............
Jun 1, 2022 8:45 PM

Sep 2020
You know they do this kind of shit all the time right? It's actually very common for a trash mediocre story to be produced really well.
Jun 2, 2022 2:43 PM

Dec 2012
Because mistakes happen and people make expensive garbage. The most this work can claim is it put some food on animator's tables. But at what cost?
Jun 2, 2022 10:07 PM
Sep 2019
I honestly loved it. Too many people have just set their expectations too high and are being overly-critical for absolutely no reason. This movie was by no means a masterpiece, but it was most certainly enjoyable. I see a lot of people talking about the plot, but I’ve seen a fair share of other anime a lot more generic than this rank highly. People obviously don’t care about the plot and are just looking for things to criticize. Moreover, this movie’s plot wasn’t even all that generic. Heck, in the middle of the movie we were pretty much spoiled and were told that whether or not we continue even when knowing the outcome was our own choice. Would easily watch this again.
StanljJun 2, 2022 10:29 PM
Jul 1, 2022 10:35 PM
Dec 2018
Gagarin said:

i would really appreciate it if netflix stayed the fuck out of anime
#kyoanistrong
Jul 1, 2022 11:54 PM
Oct 2008
aku_mado said:
Gagarin said:

i would really appreciate it if netflix stayed the fuck out of anime

Well it won't happen! They have money and they need to add anime on their database so no hopes here. I just hope that they will learn and instead of pushing their agenda they will give freedom to studios (so we will recieve smh better than last productions).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubble Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 28, 2022

175 by Bedside »»
Dec 17, 2023 4:41 PM

» That's crazy ('spoiler–ish)

jussypuicey - Sep 12, 2023

7 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 28, 2023 10:21 AM

» Impressed with Wit Studio here, what a gem of animation

Rob7 - Mar 11, 2023

13 by IceCreamScene »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:39 AM

» So, this is basically a light version of "The Song of Saya".

antohachan - May 20, 2022

11 by Adnash »»
Jan 7, 2023 6:43 PM

» What's up with the score?

FreshSalmon827 - May 6, 2022

26 by Leonhart93 »»
Oct 17, 2022 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.