Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2022 12:38 AM
Dec 2018
Gagarin said:
aku_mado said:

i would really appreciate it if netflix stayed the fuck out of anime

Well it won't happen! They have money and they need to add anime on their database so no hopes here. I just hope that they will learn and instead of pushing their agenda they will give freedom to studios (so we will recieve smh better than last productions).

if netflix didn't give them their freedom they're more likely to lose their japanese viewers, which may lead anime studios to lose interest in their sponsorship (especially since it's not better than their regular producers)
#kyoanistrong
Jul 2, 2022 12:58 AM
Oct 2008
aku_mado said:
Gagarin said:

Well it won't happen! They have money and they need to add anime on their database so no hopes here. I just hope that they will learn and instead of pushing their agenda they will give freedom to studios (so we will recieve smh better than last productions).

if netflix didn't give them their freedom they're more likely to lose their japanese viewers, which may lead anime studios to lose interest in their sponsorship (especially since it's not better than their regular producers)

I watched last ONA's on Netflix and all of them were 5-6 for me. Hell, even WIT Studio gave us mediocre stuff about vampires. I highly doubt that WIT Studio slack off (Vivy was 9 for me and it was ONA also).
Jul 2, 2022 2:17 AM
Dec 2018
Gagarin said:
aku_mado said:

I watched last ONA's on Netflix and all of them were 5-6 for me. Hell, even WIT Studio gave us mediocre stuff about vampires. I highly doubt that WIT Studio slack off (Vivy was 9 for me and it was ONA also).

and that's exactly the point, you see shows like violet evergarden and vivy were good for a reason, they were passionate.. unlike some crap that got fund you know
#kyoanistrong
Jul 2, 2022 9:47 AM

Dec 2020
Sandro8604 said:
If the story was somewhat good, it could've been one of the bangers. But to say truth story was just generic & not unique. They couldn't even utilise the full potential of the premise.
I can think of 40+ different stories which if animated would be 100× better than this.
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the aesthetic, animation, OST. Just disappointed how much let down the story was.
Although that's my opinion. Everyone has different views.
yeah man completelt agree with you . Such a good plot gone to waste

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Aug 5, 2022 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
I can't decide which one has more nonsensical plot, this anime or "weathering with you."

Shame really. In both cases you have amazing animation and such effort is basically wasted for "eye candy" purposes only.
Sep 27, 2022 9:36 PM

Oct 2019
because the producers who are the ones deciding if things get made or not, are normally too stupid to understand what is a good/bad story.

the movie also had a massive name for the writer, which I later found out was just for marketing and he had very little to do with the story. which is a shame because if Gen had actually written it, this could have been legendery.

let's hope the 4th madoka movie makes up for it.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 2, 2022 2:33 AM
Jan 2022
The only thing i don't like is the sad ending am tired of seeing anime end in tragedy
Nov 19, 2022 8:48 AM
May 2008
i got to work in the film industry some, and from there I got to hear a lot of stories on why some movies are just shit when they could have been so much better. The same problem probably existed in this case.

So when something is "made" there are producers who get to select the staff, things like animation are done by many people, but the story is written by only one person. That one person is usually chosen because of some nepotism like a friend or family member who they just wanna give more jobs to.

In this movie the original story concept creator isn't credited. The script writer is a separate job. Someone must have had a lot of money and an idea which bankrolled this movie, and this is all their idea amounts to.
Nov 23, 2022 8:13 AM
Nov 2022
For some people this was a Little Mermaid remake, for me it was a tale of creation and destruction due to the unstoppable power of the vortex.
Jan 8, 2023 8:18 AM
Feb 2022
The story is so dull. If it weren't for the visuals, I would have definitely stopped watching it during or before the halfway point.
Feb 25, 2023 9:06 PM
Apr 2022
I get where you are coming from but I think a project is only a failure when it either tries to be something it’s not or wastes it’s potential due to outside factors like studio taking on too many projects which makes the overall quality lower. Bubble wasn’t trying to really fool anyone into thinking it was some deep philosophical analysis of the human condition. The story may be generic but that’s only because you were expecting something much better. The execution of what they presented was really good. The animation was superb and the characters were interesting. The overall story was easy to digest and engaging. I just think it was a fun anime so I wasn’t disappointed because I wasn’t expecting something exceptionally groundbreaking.
Mar 13, 2023 7:49 AM

Jan 2017
Dude, this movie sucks, nothing happens
Apr 15, 2023 2:30 PM

Apr 2022
I feel like I'm one of the only people who genuinely really liked this movie. Sure the plot wasn't mind-blowing but I honestly don't really care, I loved the animation and overall vibe, and the characters were fun enough to keep me invested. Not everything needs to be mind-blowing to be good IMO.
Nov 28, 2023 10:24 AM

Mar 2019
But isn't that what they do with 70% of anime today? lol (⁠*⁠´⁠ω⁠`⁠*⁠)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubble Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 28, 2022

175 by Bedside »»
Dec 17, 2023 4:41 PM

» That's crazy ('spoiler–ish)

jussypuicey - Sep 12, 2023

7 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 28, 2023 10:21 AM

» Impressed with Wit Studio here, what a gem of animation

Rob7 - Mar 11, 2023

13 by IceCreamScene »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:39 AM

» So, this is basically a light version of "The Song of Saya".

antohachan - May 20, 2022

11 by Adnash »»
Jan 7, 2023 6:43 PM

» What's up with the score?

FreshSalmon827 - May 6, 2022

26 by Leonhart93 »»
Oct 17, 2022 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.