Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2010 9:51 AM
Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Discuss your thought!

I liked it although episodes' story itself disappointed me ;<
Apr 20, 2010 1:27 PM

Oct 2009
Personally I just like the moe and music in general in this series but this story followed somewhat that style, which makes the anime good.....problem still follows they do not mix in the music with a balanced sense is what I personally think.....so far they did it a little bit but it's far from being balanced.....of course episode is 5/5.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 20, 2010 2:02 PM

Sep 2007
I'm not a fan of Ritsu so............ 3/5. It was okay but... meh.
Apr 20, 2010 2:32 PM
Jul 2009
is subs out yet? :O
Apr 20, 2010 2:52 PM

Aug 2009
RITSU IS MY FAV CHARACTER >_<6/5!! no question!! :)
And a new song is born...can't wait to hear it!!

Ah, judging from the preview, the story is finally back on canon's storyline lol

P.S. Yui never fails in cracking me up XDDD

jian jian jian *TURNS AND STARE* XDDDD

Apr 20, 2010 5:05 PM
Jul 2009
Another great episode, and watching Yui with the turtle I felt like doing the same the same watching her through this monitor. Ritsu has interesting problems, though I won't fully get most of it untill the subs. That teachers getto mask was too funny.
Apr 20, 2010 5:10 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome as usual..the art/animation budget on this is at a whole new level it seems. They really are putting a fair amount of cash into the sequel unlike the first season which had shoddy animation and lousy art compared to other KyoAni stuff. I guess they're using the mountains of money they got from the first season to animate this one.
Ok™
Apr 20, 2010 11:53 PM

Feb 2008
Video quality was surprisingly good. Didn't really care much for the episode itself, but hey, MOEEEEEE~~
VeroninApr 21, 2010 12:30 AM
Apr 21, 2010 12:06 AM

Apr 2009
Feka said:
I'm not a fan of Ritsu so............ 3/5. It was okay but... meh.

This was pretty much my sentiments of the episode. Widescreen K-ON is still a bit strange to me, good, but strange. It still doesn't reflect well on KyoAni though.
ReaperEXEApr 21, 2010 12:15 AM
Apr 21, 2010 12:20 AM

Sep 2007
K-ON just seems to... be losing a lot of its touch. I was completely bored of this episode and nearly sick and tired of them playing Mio's scaredy cat routine again.
Apr 21, 2010 12:47 AM

Feb 2010
So let's watch this episode, yay =3
Felt like waiting forever...

I hope someone nice does some gif's later on, Yui watching Ton-chan is just silly x)
Apr 21, 2010 12:50 AM

Apr 2009
Y'know Ritsu wouldn't have had this problem if she had a set like Neil Peart. Expensive I know, but just sayin'. >_>
Apr 21, 2010 12:58 AM

Sep 2009
An ok episode...not as good as the last one but there were still a few laughs this time.
Apr 21, 2010 1:18 AM

Nov 2008
Good episode but Mio being scared for any little thing is getting annoying.

It would be a real treat if I could get more of this girl:

Apr 21, 2010 1:21 AM

Feb 2010
Okay, done =3

This episode was cute =3
I always like to feel closer to the characters, to learn about their background, why they are doing things, and that's what this episode was all about.
Honestly, these things get lost in most stories, not only anime, so I especially liked to see a touch of it in K-ON!! =3

saxophone15 said:
An ok episode...not as good as the last one but there were still a few laughs this time.

I admit that, there weren't much of funny scenes, but I guess that would have unbalanced the whole episode anyway..

But hey, the 2nd episode is nearly unbeatable :'D
Apr 21, 2010 1:29 AM
Apr 21, 2010 1:50 AM

May 2009
You can tell that Yui, despite still being a ditz, has matured a bit. In the end, she actually gave some worthy advice. Also, we again see that when she starts something, she doesn't stop till she gets results.

It was to be expected that Ritsu couldn't play anything else but drums. Pretty much every band member has her own designated spot and it's not easy to change that.

And Mio being scaredy cat isn't something you can take away so easily; it's part of her character. Plus, it makes the chemistry between her and Ritsu work.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2010 2:14 AM

Nov 2008
AO968 said:
You can tell that Yui, despite still being a ditz, has matured a bit. In the end, she actually gave some worthy advice. Also, we again see that when she starts something, she doesn't stop till she gets results.
Yeah, let's disregard that she was seriously pretending to play drums on bowls.
Apr 21, 2010 2:40 AM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
AO968 said:
Yeah, let's disregard that she was seriously pretending to play drums on bowls.

Haha, I got a good laugh when that part came up :D

I really liked this episode, of course Ritsu is by far my fave char with Yui in second so with the Ritsu focus and a lot of funny Yui parts this worked really well to my tastes.
Apr 21, 2010 2:48 AM

Jan 2010
K-on!! is a bit more serious (just a tiny bit) than its predecessor, or so it seems.

I quite liked this episode, although I would agree that Ritsu is not exactly the most exciting thing to watch for twenty minutes. Mio's gags, too, are wearing a bit thin, but I guess that's okay.

It was a good episode, however, and pleased me just as K-on always has, nonsensical humour and all.

But hey, what's this in the preview? A field trip for their class, so Azusa isn't there?! I OBJECT!
Apr 21, 2010 2:56 AM

Dec 2009
Not as good as ep 2, but I still liked it 4/5
yuno6.jpg
Apr 21, 2010 3:00 AM

Aug 2009
M-Mugi? Solo Vocalist? FINAAAALLY!! <333

Mio getting scared at every little thing is getting quite annoying, though.. I got a good laugh at the part where Yui "communicates" with Ritsu.

Gotta keep watching to see Mugi's solo vocal <3
Apr 21, 2010 3:26 AM

Jul 2009
Yui is what makes this show so enjoyable =D
Everything she say and does is always so cute and out of the blue it's impossible not to smile (^.^)

Glad Ritsu realised just how awesome drums really are, even though the (as pointed her to the extreme) is usually the one least seen it's definitely the instrument most heard. Drums are the rhythm and heartbeat of a great song.

Not so sure about Keith Moon though, they should have mentioned some real drummer instead, like Jan Axel "Hellhammer" Blomberg \o/
Apr 21, 2010 3:34 AM

Apr 2008
Haha ... pretty funny episode ... as usual

Apr 21, 2010 3:57 AM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:

Yeah, Divine on Random Curiosity noted on how there are female characters on the show that have way more appeal than the HTT girls. Too bad we don't get to see more of them like the above.

Anyway.

"Just as Planned...."

Is Sawa-chan too hot for words or what?
Apr 21, 2010 3:58 AM
Apr 2010
I thought this episode was pretty interesting, and I really wanna hear Mugi's solo :3
Maybe Ritsu will have a drum solo or something too, since this whole episode was about her complaining that she didn't get enough attention in the band.
Apr 21, 2010 4:02 AM

Sep 2009
Lilgnomy said:
is subs out yet? :O

the subs came out pretty recently the subbing groups arent going a bad job its pretty fast
not a bad episode
Apr 21, 2010 4:06 AM

Oct 2009
Even though some people found this boring....found it refreshing mainly due to being reminded more about Ritsu.....let's see her house=>
her room (wonder what kind of books/mangas she has?)=>
Kotobuki looks to be rich as much as they went to showing her lunch....assuming the fruits might be expensive in Japan=>
The hand in the picture reminded for some reason that character called Thing from the Adams' Family=>
Ritsu here....rofl=>
So this is the person who inspired Ritsu......looks pro=>
Sawako.......huh?O_o=>
That girl closest to Sawako looks interesting....potential K-ON future member?=>
GIF time! Best parts for me=>

Ritsu originals and avatars!=>
Yui originals and avatars!=>
A Ritsu pose and Yui funny moment=>
Overall the episode was not bad at all.....I did not mind what bothered people with this episode....did not at all in fact.

Apr 21, 2010 4:10 AM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
Yeah, Divine on Random Curiosity noted on how there are female characters on the show that have way more appeal than the HTT girls.
You make it sound like her opinion is seemingly superior to everyone else that claimed that obvious fact. I'm not trying to be more of an asshole than I usually am but you get what I am saying?
Apr 21, 2010 4:14 AM

Aug 2009
Well, it was an enjoyable episode. But it wasn't as good as 1 and 2.
4/5

Ritsu having a midlife crisis wasn't that interesting.
Apr 21, 2010 4:15 AM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
garfield15 said:
Yeah, Divine on Random Curiosity noted on how there are female characters on the show that have way more appeal than the HTT girls.
You make it sound like her opinion is seemingly superior to everyone else that claimed that obvious fact. I'm not trying to be more of an asshole than I usually am but you get what I am saying?

What!? No, I was just agreeing with what you were saying by using another source! She (divine's a girl?) used that same girl in an example so I thought "Oh, Max said this too."
Apr 21, 2010 4:17 AM

Oct 2009
DarkChaplain said:
I hope someone nice does some gif's later on
Yeah.....I did so you better like it! :P
Wasabi said:
nearly sick and tired of them playing Mio's scaredy cat routine again.
What? That's what makes part of Mio....you can't ignore that part.
Maximatum99 said:

Yeah but the girl next to Sawako in the pic I took to show under the spoiler looks also not bad.
Panaru said:
TSUMUGI AS SOLO VOCALIST FOR A SONG? Fuck YEAH.

Panaru I am only with you if the song is good......waiting for a CD of that available somehow.
AO968 said:
Going back to what Wasabi said earlier in this series....those moments will not come often......but it goes back to my point.....she can be mature when she wants to be but chooses more to be childish often.
midgemage said:
K-on!! is a bit more serious (just a tiny bit) than its predecessor, or so it seems.
Well it was about time to show a mature proof just like many IRL mature with time and age.
midgemage said:
But hey, what's this in the preview? A field trip for their class, so Azusa isn't there?! I OBJECT!
Objection denied! As much as it is bad for Azusa fans she is not in high school but in junior still so the trip is most likely for 3rd, 4th and 5th year students. Well at least it will be interesting to see more reactions in normal public settings.
Maximatum99 said:
I'm not trying to be more of an asshole than I usually am
It looks to me you never were one to me even if you were I still like your comments and remarks.... :P
francismeunierApr 21, 2010 4:23 AM

Apr 21, 2010 4:31 AM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
Maximatum99 said:
garfield15 said:
What!? No, I was just agreeing with what you were saying by using another source! She (divine's a girl?) used that same girl in an example so I thought "Oh, Max said this too."
Bro, I get what you were saying. My bad. Yeah, everyone on 4chan was just marking down their waifus from previous episodes and detailing on the ones behind the scenes since episode one. Which means, a lot of people watching it would notice the attractive background characters. What made me raise my eyebrow at your statement that was obviously not meant to insult me, but that you made her opinion sound "official" in a sense.

I used to go on Random Curiosity but then I thought after a while, "Why the fuck do I care about Divine's opinions?" Get my drift? So it's cool.
Apr 21, 2010 4:52 AM

Jun 2009
I rate it 5/5 because maybe it shows a lot about Ritsu (Ritsu is my fav character in K-ON) and I really enjoyed it. Next episode seems nice.

Apr 21, 2010 7:11 AM
Aug 2009
That "Yui and Azusa teach Ritsu how to play guitar" seemed familiar... I did the same when they wanted me to play the guitar (I'm a drummer, too...) :D
Apr 21, 2010 7:24 AM

Oct 2009
Since I'm a drummer, that added to my interest.

K-ON is playing its game nicely.
Apr 21, 2010 7:46 AM

Oct 2009
Another good episode.

I laughed a lot at Mugi's "talking" keyboard, and when Yui tried to "communicate" with Ritsu more on stage. XDD

I can't wait to hear Mugi's song. ;w; I wish all the girls would get their own song/or at least a solo for the insert songs they perform on the show. I don't feel like waiting for the character CDs to hear Azusa, Mugi, and Ritsu sing. ;_;
Apr 21, 2010 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
The talking piano made me lol XD

Apr 21, 2010 8:35 AM

Feb 2009
Panaru said:
TSUMUGI AS SOLO VOCALIST FOR A SONG? Fuck YEAH.

yeah! I'm looking forward to that!!!
Apr 21, 2010 8:51 AM

Apr 2010
I like how they took a class picture in this episode =)

On the bottom right, the girl with brown hair sitting down next to Sawako looks like she has a cat on her head...

PBnJamzApr 21, 2010 8:56 AM

Apr 21, 2010 9:14 AM

Feb 2009
So we don't get to hear the new song next episode? Signs of music here but we'll have to wait a while...

Ritsu isn't my favorite character, so an episode about her is meh. It was good, but just didn't like it very much.

Yeah, everyone forgot Ton-chan...will he get an episode of his own too?

Wonder what Sawa-chan looked like behind that mask?

Field trip eh? Without Azusa and Ton-chan?
Apr 21, 2010 9:30 AM

Dec 2007

ZA HOO are the best band ever.
Apr 21, 2010 9:35 AM
Jan 2010
HANII SWIITO TII TAIMU
Apr 21, 2010 9:49 AM

Jun 2008
rarri said:

ZA HOO are the best band ever.

LOLOL I laughed at her pronunciation too.

Ritsu is bitchin' and never gets enough screentime, so this was cool.

Mugi and her talking keyboard.<3 She's so cuuute. MUGI GETS TO SING AAAAAHHHH. -fangirlish meltdown-
Apr 21, 2010 9:56 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
nearly sick and tired of them playing Mio's scaredy cat routine again.
What? That's what makes part of Mio....you can't ignore that part.

She was scared of a god damn turtle. Why would I want to keep on watching a girl that's literally scared of every and any thing? It's not moe anymore. It's just pitiful and pathetic on her part.
Apr 21, 2010 10:01 AM

Oct 2009
Can't wait to hear the new song! I hope it has a shit ton of Mugi on vocals. I love her.

Apr 21, 2010 10:01 AM

Sep 2008
Ehhh Ritsu is boring. More Ui please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2010 10:27 AM

Feb 2009
Fuwa Fuwa doesn't start with an open E chord, they don't know their own stuff. D:

Sawa-chan <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Don't care if she cheats. :p
Apr 21, 2010 10:30 AM
Jul 2008
I'm not really a fan of Ritsu but it was a good episode.
Apr 21, 2010 10:40 AM

Dec 2007
I have a friend that creams about everything The Who related, got to show him the screenshots, maybe he'll watch the episode too (or maybe not) . I also creamed myself when mentioned keith moon here:

Best Drummer ever. ever. ever. EVER.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Feka - May 25, 2010

148 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 2:34 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Feka - May 18, 2010

196 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 19, 12:11 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - May 11, 2010

163 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 3:17 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - May 4, 2010

192 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 16, 1:32 AM

» Watch order?

ShinigamiGang - Apr 8

10 by pecana »»
Apr 11, 2:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.