Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2022 5:21 AM
Dec 2017
nimokeN said:
Otakuunite said:

It’s not an alternate route though lol Fate Staynight 2006, UBW 2014, and Heaven’s Feel movies are all 3 main routes of the Fate franchise

? They are alternate routes. It's just influenced by choices the player makes in the original FSN visual novel that branches into 3 separate routes. All 3 occur at the same event, 5th Holy Grail War yet the way they progress differ from each other. That's what an alternate route is. Each route is standalone and does not depend on other routes. I don't see the problem of watching 1 without another

Yes and no. You cannot start UBW or Heaven’s feel if you haven’t finished the first route (Saber route) the game won’t let you, and you cannot start Heaven’s Feel without finishing Saber route and UBW. Skipping to Heaven’s Feel you will miss a lot of context and lore of Fate.
May 22, 2022 5:33 AM
Nov 2021
this trilogy spoils fate/zero, so... don't :)
May 22, 2022 5:42 AM
May 2021
Otakuunite said:
nimokeN said:

? They are alternate routes. It's just influenced by choices the player makes in the original FSN visual novel that branches into 3 separate routes. All 3 occur at the same event, 5th Holy Grail War yet the way they progress differ from each other. That's what an alternate route is. Each route is standalone and does not depend on other routes. I don't see the problem of watching 1 without another

Yes and no. You cannot start UBW or Heaven’s feel if you haven’t finished the first route (Saber route) the game won’t let you, and you cannot start Heaven’s Feel without finishing Saber route and UBW. Skipping to Heaven’s Feel you will miss a lot of context and lore of Fate.

Yea that's true but to be fair, UBW doesn't really add much lore if you already watched Zero which explains a lot more and better imo. Also I found UBW really painful to watch that's why I say you can skip it, nothing really major happens that would affect how you enjoy HF. Besides, the HF movies didn't even explain some of the important parts so you would end up confused anyway
May 22, 2022 5:46 AM
Dec 2017
nimokeN said:
Otakuunite said:

Yea that's true but to be fair, UBW doesn't really add much lore if you already watched Zero which explains a lot more and better imo. Also I found UBW really painful to watch that's why I say you can skip it, nothing really major happens that would affect how you enjoy HF. Besides, the HF movies didn't even explain some of the important parts so you would end up confused anyway

The visual novel is a lot better overall, but both UBW and HF weren’t the worst adaptation. UBW dives into a lot of the characters, most prominently Emiya, Archer, Caster, and several more. It’s a lot of stuff to shove into 24 ep series or 3 movies, since the VN is like 60+ hours.
May 22, 2022 7:05 AM
Aug 2021
nbnt said:
Ok so I watched UBW like 6 years ago and remember nothing from it, but I don't want to rewatch it since the trilogy is an alt route of a sequel to Zero if I understand this correctly.

Question is, do I miss anything by watching Zero and then this trilogy?

I think it might be fine however you will be missing a lot (information about characters and specific things), I think you probably should just watch fate zero then rewatch ubw then heavens feel as imo it’s the best order to enjoying the series and understanding it. Also don’t listen to the people who say you have to watch zero last as I did that and I think the order I said is so much better.
May 22, 2022 7:14 AM
Aug 2021
Ronietheponie said:
nbnt said:
Ok so I watched UBW like 6 years ago and remember nothing from it, but I don't want to rewatch it since the trilogy is an alt route of a sequel to Zero if I understand this correctly.

I think it might be fine however you will be missing a lot (information about characters and specific things), I think you probably should just watch fate zero then rewatch ubw then heavens feel as imo it’s the best order to enjoying the series and understanding it. Also don’t listen to the people who say you have to watch zero last as I did that and I think the order I said is so much better.

Also to the people who say that isnt the intended order yes it isn’t for the VN and the LN but for the anime that’s how ufotable wanted you to watch it and it’s the best way to. Also for the spoiler thing I think it doesn’t spoil much and the stuff that can be considered spoilers only help with making the characters we are watching better characters. Like when I first watched I thought wow these characters are cool but I don’t understand why they are doing half the stuff they are doing or ect. I’m just saying I recommend chronological order.
May 22, 2022 7:21 AM

Jan 2017
Ronietheponie said:
that’s how ufotable wanted you to watch it and it’s the best way to. Also for the spoiler thing I think it doesn’t spoil much and the stuff that can be considered spoilers only help with making the characters we are watching better characters.

Ufotable didn't chose the order at all , that's not how the industry works.
They were given UBW & HF projects because they did a real buzz with Zero , and they got Zero because they did some crazy work on Kara no Kyoukai.
That's all.

As for the spoiler things , it's just that everyone forget that Fate/Stay Night is a Slow-burn mystery type of story.
I already said that in this thread , but since you are also a fan of Shingeki no Kyojin , i'll repeat it :
If you were to watch the flashback of Grisha before even starting the story of Eren , wouldn't everything makes way , way more sense ?
But wouldn't it also completely annihilate the mystery from the point of view of Eren ?
It's the same with Fate.
Watching Zero first certainly helps to understand everything directly , but it also totally annihilate the twists of the Fate Route & a huge chunck of HF. (Only UBW is more or less spared.)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 22, 2022 7:30 AM
Aug 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Ronietheponie said:
that’s how ufotable wanted you to watch it and it’s the best way to. Also for the spoiler thing I think it doesn’t spoil much and the stuff that can be considered spoilers only help with making the characters we are watching better characters.

Ufotable didn't chose the order at all , that's not how the industry works.
They were given UBW & HF projects because they did a real buzz with Zero , and they got Zero because they did some crazy work on Kara no Kyoukai.
That's all.

As for the spoiler things , it's just that everyone forget that Fate/Stay Night is a Slow-burn mystery type of story.
I already said that in this thread , but since you are also a fan of Shingeki no Kyojin , i'll repeat it :
If you were to watch the flashback of Grisha before even starting the story of Eren , wouldn't everything makes way , way more sense ?
But wouldn't it also completely annihilate the mystery from the point of view of Eren ?
It's the same with Fate.
Watching Zero first certainly helps to understand everything directly , but it also totally annihilate the twists of the Fate Route & a huge chunck of HF. (Only UBW is more or less spared.)

Like I was trying to say the mystery only harms fate stay night as you are lost for most of it and don’t understand half of what characters or doing or what they are saying. As for the attack on titan comment that is irrelevant as AOT is a self contained story where as fate has multiple stories with different routes and ect, so obviously it isn’t going to be as well done as AOT’s mystery. I’m standing by what I said as I watched ubw then hf then zero and thought it was all cool but didn’t think much of the story or characters. It was only after awhile that I decided to rewatch the series’s starting with zero then ubw then hf that I fully understood the show and very much enjoyed it and the characters. I’m just saying you can watch in any order but the one I’m telling people to watch in is the best one.
May 22, 2022 7:31 AM
May 2021
Ronietheponie said:
Ronietheponie said:

that’s how ufotable wanted you to watch it
Ufotable "adapted" the Shirou vs Berserker and Shirou vs Kirei fights. Watch the VN clips of those fights on youtube and you'll see how much they care about the source material.
May 22, 2022 7:34 AM
Aug 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
Ronietheponie said:

that’s how ufotable wanted you to watch it
Ufotable "adapted" the Shirou vs Berserker and Shirou vs Kirei fights. Watch the VN clips of those fights on youtube and you'll see how much they care about the source material.

I don’t understand what you are trying to exactly say. I know they adapted those fights.
May 22, 2022 7:45 AM

Jan 2017
Ronietheponie said:
Like I was trying to say the mystery only harms fate stay night as you are lost for most of it and don’t understand half of what characters or doing or what they are saying. As for the attack on titan comment that is irrelevant as AOT is a self contained story where as fate has multiple stories with different routes and ect, so obviously it isn’t going to be as well done as AOT’s mystery.

Well , the Animes of Fate has cutted quite a lot of content from the Visual Novel , so not everything is perfect , but you shouldn't feel lost at all.
Actually , it's one of the most common critic in the fandom , the characters are a little bit too predictable for the majority of the Fate & UBW Route.
Something where you would be lost would be something like Nasu has done with Kara no Kyoukai , and it's just so damn awesome for those who loves Mysteries stories.

For SnK , i don't see how it's irrevelant.
Fate has multiples timelines , true.
But in the end , it's just one "big" story , the mysteries revealed in one of them are also the truths for the others 2. (And it hits really hard when you think of HF)

I’m just saying you can watch in any order but the one I’m telling people to watch in is the best one.

... I see , so your opinion is the best one , because.
No matter what you could say , the best order to follow a work of fiction , is how the creators has chosen to makes you discover it.

I don’t understand what you are trying to exactly say. I know they adapted those fights.

Here , he's trying to say to you that those fights are... a little bit... different... in the Animes compared to the Visual Novel , and that Ufotable didn't really did their very best to be faithful to the original material.
Alexioos95May 22, 2022 7:49 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 22, 2022 7:46 AM
May 2021
Ronietheponie said:
PresE2PayRespect said:

What I'm saying is that Ufotable is terrible at adapting the source material. They cut down important monologues, which could've at least been conveyed through either actions or symbolism.

It's baseless to claim they know the watch order better than the author.
May 22, 2022 9:33 AM
Jun 2021
ignore everyone else watch zero then ubw then hf

while zero is technically a prequel u should watch it before bc it explains everything really well. if u don’t watch it it’ll make everything much more confusing. while yes there are spoilers in it, it’s still more valuable to watch it first

ubw next bc it gives background on each characters motives and goals. hf would be much less impactful without watching this and some characters actions wouldn’t make sense

then u can watch hf aka the best route and bask in the fate glory (lol). no but seriously if u just skip straight to hf it would make the story really bad as u don’t know any of the characters yet. there’s a reason the visual novels made you play in order
May 22, 2022 10:10 AM

Jan 2021
txmmy_chan said:
this trilogy spoils fate/zero, so... don't :)

its the same the other way around
zero spoils the three routes while the three routes spoil zero
zero is a prequal that is built off of info we were given in fsn so seeing the ending of zero in fsn isnt really a spoiler to it
Read the visual novel nerd
May 22, 2022 10:48 AM

Jul 2016
Since the HF trilogy is finally finished adapted, might as well start this HF trilogy then Fate/zero.

From the original novels, Fate /stay night(Fate route, UBW route, HF route) Visual novel started first, then came the Fate/zero light novels, so I believe that's how intended the Fate Main story is to be watched if you're going with the Anime watch experience.
May 22, 2022 11:13 AM
Nov 2019
as long as you remember UBW's beginning then you should be fine
May 22, 2022 1:20 PM

Jul 2016
Just watch 2006 F/SN, F/Zero, F/UBW, F/HF.
May 22, 2022 1:45 PM
Dec 2021
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
then Heaven's Feel since it's an altered route in all of Fate/Stay Night
May 22, 2022 2:05 PM
Apr 2021
You probably can Watch it ether way
May 22, 2022 3:28 PM
Apr 2022
If you have time read

VN Fate Stay Night > VN Fate Hollow Ataraxia > anime series by the release date

If you do not have time

Fate Zero > Fate UBW > Fate HF

Just watch using the release date.... Dont have to make it confusing

If you really interesting in the world then you should watch

Emiya san chi no kyou no gohan
Lord El Mellol II
Kara No Kyoukai
May 22, 2022 3:31 PM
Apr 2022
Klonz00 said:
If you have time read

VN Fate Stay Night > VN Fate Hollow Ataraxia > anime series by the release date

If you do not have time

Fate Zero > Fate UBW > Fate HF

Just watch using the release date.... Dont have to make it confusing

If you really interesting in the world then you should watch

Emiya san chi no kyou no gohan
Lord El Mellol II
Kara No Kyoukai

Tldr

Just watch the ufotable adaptation by the release date

And watch Fate Kaleid the Movie Oath Under Snow

You dont have to watch Fate Kaleid the series because the oath under snow is prequel movie for the series
May 22, 2022 3:43 PM
May 2021
INSANELYWP said:

while zero is technically a prequel u should watch it before bc it explains everything really well. if u don’t watch it it’ll make everything much more confusing. while yes there are spoilers in it, it’s still more valuable to watch it first

ubw next bc it gives background on each characters motives and goals. hf would be much less impactful without watching this and some characters actions wouldn’t make sense

then u can watch hf aka the best route and bask in the fate glory (lol). no but seriously if u just skip straight to hf it would make the story really bad as u don’t know any of the characters yet. there’s a reason the visual novels made you play in order
Zero is not even canon to the original Stay Night timeline. There's no point getting spoiled for HF.
May 22, 2022 4:24 PM
Jun 2021
PresE2PayRespect said:
INSANELYWP said:

Zero is not even canon to the original Stay Night timeline. There's no point getting spoiled for HF.

it’s not about getting spoiled it’s about getting necessary character backstory’s. i wouldn’t have cared nearly the amount i had about most of the characters if i didn’t watch zero first. at least that’s how i see it ig
May 22, 2022 5:22 PM
Aug 2021
this is why fate series’s sucks
May 22, 2022 6:41 PM

Jan 2021
I don't know why people make so much stuff over the order to watch Fate, it is a simple as watching it in the order the original things came out, aka Fate/Stay Night (ALL routes) then Fate/Zero. How is that difficult? How is that people still argue about it?

As for the question, while you CAN watch Fate/Zero then this trilogy, I don't really recommend it since Fate/Zero originally came out after the Visual Novel which contained Heaven's Feel.
May 22, 2022 8:12 PM

Nov 2017
2006>UBW>Trilogy

(skip F/0 because it's bad and just a prequel)
May 22, 2022 11:45 PM

Oct 2020
What I did was Deen's SN then UBW then HF then Zero

May 22, 2022 11:52 PM

Nov 2013
Pyro said:
I'd say so. Ignore the Fate nerds overcomplicating things like always. Release order is perfectly fine. Fate is not that complex of a story where it really matters.

This. Heck, you can even watch Heavens Feel by itself and I say this as a fan of Type-Moon.

Just know that the movies omits some details they kind of expect you to know, and if you care about that stuff you can do release order.
May 23, 2022 12:25 AM
May 2021
INSANELYWP said:
PresE2PayRespect said:

it’s not about getting spoiled it’s about getting necessary character backstory’s. i wouldn’t have cared nearly the amount i had about most of the characters if i didn’t watch zero first. at least that’s how i see it ig
What necessary backstory? Zero Saber is butchered and not even close the SN's, Rin and Sakura's relationship is simple and Illya's backstory can be pieced together from her flashbacks.
May 23, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2021
honestly it doesn't really matter, you can just watch from anywhere and it would make sense

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 23, 2022 10:12 AM

Sep 2016
Extra question here.. what about Kara no Kyoukai? Should I watch this series of movies before Fate/Stay Night or is it going to spoil stuff?
May 23, 2022 10:54 AM

Jan 2017
nbnt said:
Extra question here.. what about Kara no Kyoukai? Should I watch this series of movies before Fate/Stay Night or is it going to spoil stuff?

As you want.

Kara no Kyoukai (And most of the works of Nasu) is part of the "Nasuverse" , a regroupment of his works with similar rules of magic.
Watching one before the other won't spoil anything , as they are only loosely connected.

Watching Kara no Kyoukai before will most probably helps you to understand the end of Heaven's Feel III tho , but it's really not necessary.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 23, 2022 12:21 PM

Aug 2021
You miss some nice to have information about some backstories. Its def worth the watch not just for the fact that fate zero is amazing
May 23, 2022 3:11 PM

Mar 2021
I'd say watch UBW first which kinda lets you understand fate, then Zero and finally HF which works perfectly as the finale. Of course it Isn't the intended order, but it works best this way personally.
May 23, 2022 11:55 PM

Jul 2011
nbnt said:

Yes you can, you don't need to rewatch UBW
May 24, 2022 11:46 AM
Aug 2013
Fate zero is the beginning of the story...and heavens feel is basically fate stay night part 3. And i'd say fate stay night is the continuation from where fate zero ends so yes the correct order is Zero> Stay night> UBW> Heavens feel

The release order made everything confusing and annoying...but in reality the watch order is simple just follow where the story starts, continues and ends... so don't listen to anyone else just follow my comment
~AnimeDownUnder~

May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
May 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
Fate zero is the beginning of the story...and heavens feel is basically fate stay night part 3. And i'd say fate stay night is the continuation from where fate zero ends so yes the correct order is Zero> Stay night> UBW> Heavens feel

The release order made everything confusing and annoying...but in reality the watch order is simple just follow where the story starts, continues and ends... so don't listen to anyone else just follow my comment
Fate Zero is not directly canon to Fate Stay Night though?

Anyways, the author himself apparently stated that Zero is not understandable without having played, or in this case, watched Fate/Stay Night.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

500 by TheFelipex »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» So confused

_txhsin__ - Apr 10, 2022

19 by Stacias »»
May 11, 2022 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.