Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
May 21, 2022 9:37 PM
Dec 2020
This story seems really interesting. Everyone seems to hate it and it got a low rating (which yes, I understand due to the animation quality and some moments here and there) but if you look past the mistakes and weird plot holes it's actually super enjoyable. Can someone explain why there's so much hate? I'm only 10 EPs in so maybe I'm missing something that happens later. Feeling an 8/10 so far just due to the sheer interest I have in the plot.
May 21, 2022 9:44 PM
Feb 2022
kenziem said:
This story seems really interesting. Everyone seems to hate it and it got a low rating (which yes, I understand due to the animation quality and some moments here and there) but if you look past the mistakes and weird plot holes it's actually super enjoyable. Can someone explain why there's so much hate? I'm only 10 EPs in so maybe I'm missing something that happens later. Feeling an 8/10 so far just due to the sheer interest I have in the plot.

Well it begins to downgrade after ep9
May 21, 2022 10:41 PM
May 2021
Licht past arc is only good thing about this anime.
May 21, 2022 11:00 PM

Mar 2022
licht mask looks like clown, maybe for that or the ending, etc
May 22, 2022 1:24 AM
Nov 2013
I liked this anime too. It’s cringe sometimes and very awkward, but licht,s past arc was so great and the plot is good which is what important to me
May 22, 2022 1:41 AM
Sep 2020
kenziem said:

Ya I definitely enjoyed the plot but a lot of the scenes were to much fan service. And it takes a lot for that stuff to bother me. But ya overall good plot.
May 22, 2022 1:43 AM
Aug 2021
sure, you could like whatever you want
May 22, 2022 5:24 AM
Dec 2020
at the beginning the plot was good,but the ending was boring
May 22, 2022 6:00 AM
Jul 2021
Stacias said:

yeah everyone has guilty pleasure
May 22, 2022 6:05 AM

Jul 2015
Plunderer source material is actually very good, but adaptation was so utterly botched.

May 22, 2022 8:03 AM
Feb 2021
sure you can love whatever you want to, it's solid 7/10 for me btw
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
May 22, 2022 10:21 AM

Apr 2021
kenziem said:

I saw this, it was a little confusing at first, but I found myself really enjoying the over all story and characters involved, it was very humorous, as long as you don’t take it too seriously, it is a lot of fun.

I really don’t understand these complaints about the animation I’m hearing on so many anime, it just getting kinda annoying now, maybe someone can give me an example of an anime series with better animation so I can see the difference?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 22, 2022 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
kenziem said:

Definitely not. This is one of my favorites I love Licht
May 22, 2022 5:50 PM

Mar 2013
The added "Ecchi" ruined it for me after seeing some in the early episodes... I liked it at first but it went downhill. 6/10
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 22, 2022 7:14 PM
Nov 2021
yeah an interesting and enjoyable anime
May 22, 2022 11:02 PM
Dec 2020
astralkill00 said:
The added "Ecchi" ruined it for me after seeing some in the early episodes... I liked it at first but it went downhill. 6/10

def agree that it could be better without the ecchi. hoping it doesn't go downhill tho bc i am enjoying this
May 22, 2022 11:03 PM
Dec 2020
Piromysl said:
Plunderer source material is actually very good, but adaptation was so utterly botched.

i'll have to check it out :)
May 23, 2022 10:52 AM

Jan 2020
I honestly thought it was going to be better than it turned out to be
May 25, 2022 5:05 AM
Apr 2021
I enjoyed it enough that I read the manga. I thought the world was interesting.
May 27, 2022 7:23 PM
Mar 2016
You're not wrong for liking anything. The characters and plot jump all over the place lol. I feel there were a lot of interesting directions the story could have easily gone, and that the anime basically fuels itself by regularly scuttling those. It takes itself a bit too seriously to warrant a better rating from me, but I've certainly seen far worse. The beginning was very interesting, and the fanservice was quite entertaining.
Jun 4, 2022 1:53 PM
Oct 2015
kenziem said:

i dunno man, dogshit like jushittsu kaisen and my trash academia have a higher score than 2/10
so take every score on mal with a grain of salt. this website is just a popularity contest, and full metal alchemist fans just downvote everything else with bots, and they keep denying it even though people have literal facebook groups and twitter accounts designated to organizing these brigades. also tons of accounts with nothing in it, except giving galactic heros a 1/10 and gintama a 1/10 and when fruits baskets got higher than fma, people started a facebook group to lower the score.
Jun 6, 2022 8:48 PM
Dec 2020
Neostorm-X said:
kenziem said:

i dunno man, dogshit like jushittsu kaisen and my trash academia have a higher score than 2/10
so take every score on mal with a grain of salt. this website is just a popularity contest, and full metal alchemist fans just downvote everything else with bots, and they keep denying it even though people have literal facebook groups and twitter accounts designated to organizing these brigades. also tons of accounts with nothing in it, except giving galactic heros a 1/10 and gintama a 1/10 and when fruits baskets got higher than fma, people started a facebook group to lower the score.

wait they really made a facebook group LOL? that's so sad but hilarious at the same time. i'm pretty new to this website so i'm not aware of all that stuff that goes on lol. thanks for that insight tho
Jun 6, 2022 11:32 PM
Oct 2015
kenziem said:
Neostorm-X said:

wait they really made a facebook group LOL? that's so sad but hilarious at the same time. i'm pretty new to this website so i'm not aware of all that stuff that goes on lol. thanks for that insight tho

https://imgur.com/a/wZ1P2N3

this is just a most recent example, they did this to gintama and legend of the galactic heros for years, since they had a much smaller fanbase,
they tried to do this to aot but it only got the even more rabbit aot fanbase on them.
Jun 9, 2022 9:35 PM
Dec 2020
Neostorm-X said:
kenziem said:

this is just a most recent example, they did this to gintama and legend of the galactic heros for years, since they had a much smaller fanbase,
they tried to do this to aot but it only got the even more rabbit aot fanbase on them.

that's insane!!!! cant believe people defend an anime that much. why not just let it be? lol
Jun 13, 2022 6:16 AM
Oct 2015
kenziem said:
Neostorm-X said:

that's insane!!!! cant believe people defend an anime that much. why not just let it be? lol

because FMA fans are whiny manchildren and cry when their beloved god fma doesn't always get top spot.
they did the same to lots of anime movies as well when they had their brief time on top of mal's lists
Jun 20, 2022 9:25 AM
Mar 2021
[quote=RyzaruBLADE message=66428319]
Stacias said:

yeah everyone has guilty pleasure[/quote

I think my guilty pleasure anime is either dxd or yuragi-sou no Yuuna
Dec 30, 2022 2:27 AM

Oct 2012
I usually hate anything with "ecchi" in it, this one overuses the concept to an irritating point but the plot was interesting (despite being messy), a breath of fresh air even, and it's funny enough for me to overlook the downsides and give it a 7/10. However, I feel like it would have 12 episodes if they cut out the BS and it never really finished properly, right? Business were left unfinished.
[ Insert signature here ]
Jan 10, 2023 9:28 PM

Jul 2016
"Yes and if you enjoyed this anime it means you has some serious mental problem and need to see therapy for help as soon as possible!"
-- Haters and all those who jumped into the hate bandwagon

Anyway, if you enjoyed this then that's up to you. Honestly, compared to the manga, the anime was so painfully mediocre and sometimes it was even worse than it's source material.

More topics from this board

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

20 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Mar 26, 6:40 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

195 by yourfav_r »»
Jan 10, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2020

63 by vhowl »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.