Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 19, 2022 1:14 PM
Feb 2021
I enjoyed S1 but since S2 i don't understand the reason for involving useless lizard shits and villages shits having more screen time

I was expecting to see battles along with ShallTEAR and albedo instead some boredom kingdom shits and village goblin shits and their pawns having more screentime

I miss scenes in like where albedo comes with full Armor in S1 and battle between ShallTEAR and ainz

Either this is a poor adaption or whether the novel itself progresses like this ?
May 19, 2022 1:21 PM
Jul 2021
That’s how the ln is, I haven’t read too far ahead but they might be important later in the story, or it’s to develop the world, and Cocytus’s character.
May 19, 2022 2:04 PM
Apr 2022
I personally enjoyed the shwift to the ”normal“ life of species on that Isekai world. I didn’t expect that the story of an Isekaid skeleton Gamer would take a pause for a rather realistic ”small guy“ story just to show the extreme opposition to Ainzsama, I think it was very entertaining and refreshing to have such a contrast inside the storyline.
For story therms, it mostly served as a test/character development of Cocytus. Also I think it prepares a bigger reveal for S4 of the anime, although I’d prefer to read the Manga for immersion. I haven’t done that yet tho. I hope things will go craazy from there on, whatever that might mean👀

But for the case that you’re going to say that my perspective is just sh1t and wrong or smth like that, I beg you to just ignore my comment and go on!

If I’m mistaken with that assumption, your welcome to my view and thoughts on that Arc! ✌🏽
May 19, 2022 2:19 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
He’s building a kingdom, it isn’t just gonna be bad ass fights all the time. He is learning more about the world and how it works, gaining retainers and the people’s trust, and building an army, soon to take over said world and lead it how he pleases. The action definitely picks up later in the LN, but there are more elements to the story that deserve attention as well. Sorry if you ain’t about that shits lol, but it is pretty accurate to the source material.
May 19, 2022 2:43 PM
Jun 2021
->worldbuilding
May 19, 2022 2:47 PM
Apr 2022
INSANELYWP said:
->worldbuilding

With that you just destroyed the effort everyone else put in his argumentation😂 well done!
May 19, 2022 3:27 PM
May 2020
It’s probably not the anime for you then, it’s largely focused on the politics of kingdom building, war and the intricacies of a fantasy world and less so battles and fighting. In season 4 we’ll see some more of Shalltear and Ainz fighting (although not each other this time) but also a lot of kingdom building seeing as Ainz finally has a country. The film afterwords though has a lot of battles involving Demiurge, Ainz and a few new characters.
FreshSalmon827May 19, 2022 3:31 PM
May 19, 2022 5:18 PM
Oct 2020
Well there has to be some kindof stakes built in the narrative of a story. So the author flips the script on who has the struggle; usually it’s the protagonist but Ainz ain’t the everyday protagonist. He’s merciless and pragmatic so the lizard plot is really just a development of his Supporters capabilities and thinking for themselves. Otherwise it would just be Ainz going s8 Danaerys Game of Thrones on every kingdom and having no actual point to ruling since everyone is dead and perceive him as a heartless monster when he’s going for merciful but unyielding on his demands. tho the lizard arc is the most drawn out imo it gets back on track after that really well. And you’ll see payoff for it in the supporting cast.
May 19, 2022 10:04 PM
Feb 2021
that's not my point here dudes we all know how merciless these adaptions would be have to wait many yrs to get a season instead of showing 4 episodes of lizards where they barely come in S3 or 4 episodes of sebas/maid romance why can't they shrink to two episodes

meanwhile the pretendence fight between ainz and Demi was so fun and the maids chill behind the rock why can't they show scenes like that having more screentime
May 19, 2022 11:05 PM
Apr 2022
To get us emotionally attached then kill them off 💀
May 19, 2022 11:25 PM

Jul 2021
i honestly feel the same. when i was watching the lizardmen arc i was thinking if it was filler or not lmfao

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 20, 2022 12:08 AM
Feb 2018
Not filler - I have read through volume 14 and this is how it progresses. You sometimes have full volumes that barely include the original main characters as seen in season 1. But later it all comes together to be important.

Also how can lizard sex not be considered exciting 😈
May 20, 2022 10:27 AM
Apr 2022
Hofner1962 said:
Not filler - I have read through volume 14 and this is how it progresses. You sometimes have full volumes that barely include the original main characters as seen in season 1. But later it all comes together to be important.

Also how can lizard sex not be considered exciting 😈

Well, it was used in GoT for the dragons.
Wait, that was tortoises‘.. nevermind reptile seks is reptile se‘x
May 25, 2022 1:47 PM
Nov 2016
Lizard men had that birth control to curb them lizard babies but that’s LN only content

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

267 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.