Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2022 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
More shown about Hiyori's past but more importantly, we got a childhood friend visiting who knew her in the past. I didn't have a good impression on Nagisa at first but seems like he is overall a decent person.

Not too much focused on performance arts this episode but hey, we got to know about the Hiyori herself.

May 19, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 19, 2022 7:07 AM

Apr 2016
I will never understand the Japanese Idol culture.

As we saw from the last week already, the childhood friend visiting our Heroine, then concert, dinner ... and then blowing it up in her apartment right out off the bat with the confession lmao, what a stud, but a brave stud.

More importantly! Juri is dating a hentai protagonist with no face! What a twist! and Chizuru letting her nerdy side showing ... yet to play a part in this story.

May 19, 2022 7:40 AM

Nov 2010
It's a very flat and lukewarm episode. No passion or creativity can be found from the plot.
May 19, 2022 8:21 AM

May 2021
Nah, I don't think I like the sort of direction its going. I wish they would focus more on the athletic side of things rather than, well, this.

May 19, 2022 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
Been thinking about this episode all week since the preview from last week and I wasn’t disappointed Omg this was pure honeyworks

Proud of my boy Nagisa for working up the courage to confess to Hiyori. Said “let’s fucking gooo” out loud when he did it. Figured Hiyori wouldn’t be able to respond to his feelings right now, but this is definitely important for her emotional development and awareness

Chizuru with the truest statement of the day:
May 19, 2022 8:40 AM
Jan 2020
Do actual idols in Japan act that cringe? I don't think One Direction wasn't that cringe back then lol

Boybands and Idols aren't really all that different right..?
May 19, 2022 8:41 AM

Sep 2020
I am shipping Nagisa x Hiyori so hard right now
May 19, 2022 9:17 AM
Sep 2015
I'm gonna steal Nagisa away from Hiyori, such a waste of boyfriend material. And that'd make him an idol material too. In fact, I found many people in real life that have idol material that aren't idols. Many of them (not trying to be discriminate) are blue-collar worker, and I always thought "such a waste of idol material".
May 19, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2011
Nagisa is the way to go for Hiyori. Clean confession execution, and explained his decision.

Is good that Juri is against cliche and her boyfriend isn't the cliche, guy with a Benz.
Chizuru have good points there.

May 19, 2022 9:41 AM

Jun 2021
Poor Nagisa, the childhood friend almost never wins lol.

And I’m a little disappointed Hiyori went back to her normal look as I liked her new hairstyle but I guess it was expected.
May 19, 2022 11:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well to be fair Nagisa as a name is gender neutral so hard to blame the misunderstanding. But man the tag team against Nagisa in order to get to his true feelings sure was funny. Hiyori though really has no sense of danger huh. Hiyori's apartment looks pretty nice. At this point its nice to be able to call upon friends. Never pegged Chizuru for being so crazy about cliché's though. But despite the tense situation im glad that in the end both Hiyori and Nagisa were able to retain their strong bonds while using this experience as a means to push harder and aim higher for their respective careers. Its nice to see Juri and Chizuru outside of the confines of the school though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2022 12:46 PM
Apr 2021
I disagree with some of the comments saying the episode is bland . I am very happy with this episode. The whole thought of the show is for her to begin to feel like a heroine in her own way. If she would have received any other love confessions or accepted any of them, it would have felt super scripted. Having her take the path she did, made it seem more realistic. I also have a second male lead problem so I really do like her with her childhood friend more over the idols. He likes her for her character and it shows. Nagisa had the perfect amount jealousy because if I found out my friend was working for a celebrity, I would be jealous even if I wasn’t going to date them. And it was awesome seeing how the idols supported her by not only helping her looks, but by supporting her old friend instead of creating a fight. Lastly, the fact she relied more on her girlfriends than the idols also show her thought process. I gave this episode 5/5.
Discord/ Instagram/ Reddit: @martin19_m
Gaming: atheleticgirl01
May 19, 2022 4:47 PM
Jul 2014
Can't focus on love, but watch her fall in love with them two.
May 19, 2022 7:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well surprisingly enjoyable episode since Nagisa had such a chad move being so protective and raise a high guard, dare to declare his dislike to both of them LipLip, and then confessed right off the bat not letting poor Hiyori on peace in one mere episode.

Though, with some advice later, even to those two friends of her, she comes up with a decision to turned him down because of cliche reason, and lets just see what the future unfold them. A little notice i'd like to bring here, about what Chizuru said about an unfairness over Hiyori story when childhood friend to confess to her, and how she's so fired up to make Hiyori accept Nagisa, its brings me a suspicious vibe for a second. Wonder why...

Alright, back to Nagisa. A sad end but he surely is not surrender by that and already planning up to move to Tokyo when the high school lifes is over. However, before that get to realize, Hiyori already being taken over with you know who xd.

Fun episode with the childhood friend. Reddened Hiyori was so cute, i really like how the change of color face actually felt natural because of its kind of unnoticed at first, and Minori high-pitched sound sure make it more better xd. Hope to see him again later....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 19, 2022 7:09 PM

Feb 2022
Unexpectedly mature rejection, really digging that they are not making Hiyori fawn over all three guys and making this too generic with every guy wanting her. I guess it's possible they will in the future but so far I like what we're seeing.

May 19, 2022 7:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Hiyori is definitely reminding me of Katarina with how dense she is with Nagisa lol, constantly bringing up LipxLip around him, asking him to stay at her place, asking if she’s cute, no wonder he ended up confessing lol.

But with the help of Yuujirou and Aizou as well as her friends, she came to an answer to Nagisa’s confession and it’s definitely a rough shutdown, but I’m glad it didn’t turn out bad after that, it seems Nagisa is still in good spirits. And now we have returned to potato mode or the frumpy version of Hiyori lol. Also Chizuru had some good takes about cliches and childhood friend confessions, I definitely feel her passion because I share similar takes lol, I’m a big fan of anime cliches myself.
May 19, 2022 8:56 PM
Dec 2021
Juri’s boyfriend is Fuutarou with glasses
May 20, 2022 5:04 AM

Jul 2017
Well, you know the deal with childhood friends, and Hiyori's childhood Nagisa sure is one.

Unexpectedly, Yujiro and Aizo are questioned by the jealous childhood friend, and sure are shrewd in getting Nagisa to do a forced clean confession. It's the only way, but what are they gonna do to be sure that Nagisa is protective of Hiyori as his only love interest.

Hiyori sure is dense to tag Nagisa along for everything: the FT4 concert was OK, but the draw with them being at the Countdown Live strikes imperative at LIP×LIP being a formidable competitor, so taking Nagisa to her house is quite normal for her standards. Hiyori definitely wasn't expecting the confession to come, and her days thereafter were some of the most groggy due to her oblivious nature.

It's quite supportive for Yujiro and Aizo to not bash at Hiyori's iove life, but the real help comes from her close friends in school Juri and Chizuru whom have more experience than her in different ways. Chizuru's quite adamant on the "childhood friend" cliché dream while Juri's puppy love is just that, and props to Hiyori for handing Nagisa's answer for living a dream than something out of love. Also, blushing Hiyori is fun to watch.

Really like the way this show treats romance for real, a mature handling other than the endless tropes.
May 20, 2022 6:23 AM
Apr 2022
I don't care if she go back to the same hairstyle, but why in the World her eyebrows grows that fast?
May 20, 2022 6:33 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, Nagisa is smooth, dude is definitely a catch. He probably wouldn't have confessed though without the presence of LIPxLIP pressuring him, so let us thank Aizo and Yujiro. Great episode!

I see Chizuru has had enough of childhood friends losing lmao, she was speaking facts.

Nice to see a rejection being maturely handled, keep your chin up Nagisa, as long as the chances aren't 0%, chase ya'll dreams first.

Kinda sad to see Hiyori back to her normal style, I really liked her new hairstyle, hope we see it again later. Looks like we got ourselves a sports event next episode, looking forward to it.
May 20, 2022 6:39 PM

Dec 2020
why are the dudes here so fucking grouchyy😭 i was liking nagisa bc childhoood friends to lovers, tsundere x clueless trope yayyyy but somehow he's just unnecessarily possessive and jealous with lipxlip lol, the ending was cute tho. im still kinda rooting for them

NOTTTT GONNA LIE.. im liking ft4 a lot already💀 i know they're the rival group and has only been shown 1 time here but damn. they're rly charming lol, or maybe they remind me of an idol group i used to like that also selr produces their stuff(svt), orrr maybe its bc i dont rly like lipxlip as their own characters😭 im looking forward to them training harder tho !
May 20, 2022 9:16 PM

Jan 2021
A respectful rejection with both sides voicing their feelings!? This can't possibly be an anime!

May 21, 2022 12:32 AM

Aug 2019
The confession was adorable, and Hiyori handled Nagisa's confession brilliantly. What counts is that she was honest about her feelings.
May 21, 2022 11:15 AM

Oct 2015
I am usually not the one for unnecessary romance, but this shipping between Hiyori and Nagisa can be endorsed. Series is all over the place at this moment, with her athletic dream and her training job not clicking from the plot perspective. This came out of nowhere, but what the hell at this point. No wonder she said she doesn't have time for romance, the series is full at this point and love would complicate things
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 21, 2022 1:27 PM

Mar 2012
Poor Nagisa, now I wonder if this is just a way to ignore the Ascana guy (don't remember his name) or to setup some "love troubles".

Also, he seems really eager with the idea of taking over the restaurant, which feels a bit contradictory with his MV.

Swagernator said:
I will never understand the Japanese Idol culture.

As we saw from the last week already, the childhood friend visiting our Heroine, then concert, dinner ... and then blowing it up in her apartment right out off the bat with the confession lmao, what a stud, but a brave stud.

More importantly! Juri is dating a hentai protagonist with no face! What a twist! and Chizuru letting her nerdy side showing ... yet to play a part in this story.

He does have a face though, and you saw it on the first episode with Koutarou and Shibaken.

Waifus only represent ideals
May 22, 2022 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
Really want Nagisa to end up with Hiyori at the end. But we'll see.

Sports next week
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 22, 2022 11:39 PM
Jan 2016
I want the soundtrack for this series and nagisa is a stud
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
May 23, 2022 1:55 AM

May 2009
Nagisa is my type. Hopefully for Hiyori too. Although she will fall in love with the idol boys most likely.
I do appreciate the whole idea of Hiyori "not caring" about how she looks. It's a nice message I don't often see in shoujo anime. :)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jun 3, 2022 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
Nagisa was good looking.

Ok she went back to sweats but did they have to make her brows worse?
Jul 3, 2022 9:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nagisa loves her and she even got a confession! Too bad Hiyori couldn't accept because of the amount of work she has at school and as a manager but well, I would prefer her to go out with one of the ikemen instead of the childhood friend
Jul 19, 2022 9:52 PM

Feb 2021
Hiyori really didn't get the situation XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 11, 2022 12:13 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wait, I thought she wasn't allowed to tell anyone she's the manager-in-training, no even her friends. They straight up allowed him to come to the studio/office. Maybe I missed something or they changed that in the new contract?

Nagisa seems like a wonderful guy, but it's a completely understandable rejection. We already see that Hiyori has a lot going on. It makes sense to not want to pile more on. What a good girl. ;--;; I also like how she went back to a style she was comfortable in and I like her reason why. She's a loot more secure with herself and I love it. ;-;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 5, 2023 6:32 PM
Aug 2022
So cute!! Gave me the 💗doki💗 feelings for sure, haha~
May 13, 2023 4:55 AM

Apr 2021
Showing that Hyori is back to her normal self doesn't explain why her hair is magically before it was cut. Having her in her hoodies again would be enough for me....mostly because she looked so good with it^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroine Tarumono! Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

56 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 14, 2023 3:20 AM

Poll: » Heroine Tarumono! Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

66 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 11, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Heroine Tarumono! Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

34 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 11, 2023 11:46 AM

» is Heroines Run the Show kid appropriate?

Haikyuu_ForLife - Jan 23, 2023

5 by thehornedrat »»
Mar 2, 2023 11:01 PM

Poll: » Heroine Tarumono! Kiraware Heroine to Naisho no Oshigoto Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

35 by Efokanki »»
Jan 20, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.