Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 18, 2022 8:20 PM

Dec 2021
The whole purpose of the show is supposed to be that Demon Lord Varvatos reincarnates in a body that's as strong as the average ancient person. However, Ard defeated Elzard, who's supposed to be a monster that's almost immortal, so easily. I expect Ard to be incredibly overpowered, but that battle should at least have been a lot tougher since he reincarnated in a weaker body than what he originally had. From what episode 5 showed us, he can just somehow turn into Demon Lord Varvatos whenever he wants with that spell. That kind of nullifies the whole purpose of the show if Ard can just turn into Varvatos whenever he likes. I actually like shows with OP characters and I understand that humans are much weaker than what they were before, but it doesn't make sense why Ard is powerful enough to easily take down a dragon king when that same dragon king was a cataclysm to ancient humans.
May 18, 2022 8:26 PM
Oct 2020
Yeah this is very much a turn your brain off kind of show. It’s fun, but not much else.
May 18, 2022 8:32 PM
Dec 2021
Every OP MC does these things , No matter how strong enemy u throw at them , they will win for sure 👍❄️
May 18, 2022 8:51 PM

Dec 2021
Mq84jdk said:
Yeah this is very much a turn your brain off kind of show. It’s fun, but not much else.

Yeah, It's definitely fun to watch despite all it's problems and that's why I keep watching it. Maybe it's just that I love the fantasy genre the most when it comes to anime, but I just love watching these kinds of shows no matter how dumb they are. I do normally turn my brain off for shows like this, but when there's major contradictions in the story that can't be ignored I can't help but to start thinking again.
May 18, 2022 9:31 PM
Feb 2019
I perceive it as THE greatest demon lord is reincarnated as a typical nobody meaning he is still demon lord & doesn’t lose his powers he just reincarnated into a typical civilian who’s not the demon lord
May 18, 2022 9:53 PM

Dec 2021
dylpickles said:
I perceive it as THE greatest demon lord is reincarnated as a typical nobody meaning he is still demon lord & doesn’t lose his powers he just reincarnated into a typical civilian who’s not the demon lord

This is from the synopsis on MAL: "When he takes matters into his own hands and decides to reincarnate, he calibrates his magical strength to be perfectly average." Now, Crunchyroll's synopsis: "To spice things up a bit, he is reborn in the future as Ard Meteor. Not without first recalibrating his powers to be perfectly average." Unless 2 sources somehow messed up the translation from the Japanese description of the show, his magical powers should have been much less that what it had previously been.
May 18, 2022 9:56 PM
Mar 2022
Tyrant_Inferno said:
The whole purpose of the show is supposed to be that Demon Lord Varvatos reincarnates in a body that's as strong as the average ancient person. However, Ard defeated Elzard, who's supposed to be a monster that's almost immortal, so easily. I expect Ard to be incredibly overpowered, but that battle should at least have been a lot tougher since he reincarnated in a weaker body than what he originally had. From what episode 5 showed us, he can just somehow turn into Demon Lord Varvatos whenever he wants with that spell. That kind of nullifies the whole purpose of the show if Ard can just turn into Varvatos whenever he likes. I actually like shows with OP characters and I understand that humans are much weaker than what they were before, but it doesn't make sense why Ard is powerful enough to easily take down a dragon king when that same dragon king was a cataclysm to ancient humans.

If I am not wrong then the whole purpose of the show and Ard’s reincarnation is to make friends and get people to be around him despite his power. In his previous life, he was bored and scared almost everyone around him so he couldn’t make friends and fun in his previous life that’s why he did reincarnate
May 18, 2022 9:58 PM
Mar 2022
dylpickles said:

That’s right. If he wanted I am sure he could have dumped his old memories and power and what will be become of the nation if a new powerful enemy were to appear,who will save them? He only reincarnated because people were afraid to come near him
May 18, 2022 10:05 PM

Dec 2021
_Zuki said:
Tyrant_Inferno said:

If I am not wrong then the whole purpose of the show and Ard’s reincarnation is to make friends and get people to be around him despite his power. In his previous life, he was bored and scared almost everyone around him so he couldn’t make friends and fun in his previous life that’s why he did reincarnate

True, and part of his plan to make friends was to significantly lessen his magic power. Now he's in the same boat again where he was worried that Ireena might be terrified of him due to his power, but thankfully that didn't happen. I know that the humans in Ard's timeline are significantly weaker than the average human in Varvatos's time, and he's overpowered again because of that. However, Ard with the magical power of an average ancient human shouldn't have so easily defeated Elzard.
May 18, 2022 10:17 PM
Mar 2022
Tyrant_Inferno said:
_Zuki said:

True, and part of his plan to make friends was to significantly lessen his magic power. Now he's in the same boat again where he was worried that Ireena might be terrified of him due to his power, but thankfully that didn't happen. I know that the humans in Ard's timeline are significantly weaker than the average human in Varvatos's time, and he's overpowered again because of that. However, Ard with the magical power of an average ancient human shouldn't have so easily defeated Elzard.
well from the synopsis, it was stated that he reincarnated just to find out that the modern era was far too weak even though he made it in such a way that, he will be reincarnated with average power . I don’t really think that dragon whatsoever is strong compared to the evil gods he fought back then.
May 18, 2022 10:29 PM

Dec 2021
_Zuki said:
Tyrant_Inferno said:

well from the synopsis, it was stated that he reincarnated just to find out that the modern era was far too weak even though he made it in such a way that, he will be reincarnated with average power . I don’t really think that dragon whatsoever is strong compared to the evil gods he fought back then.

Maybe Elzard also somehow had gotten weaker, but I didn’t see it stated anywhere. What we do know that it’s explained that she nearly destroyed the world after Varvatos disappeared. It looked like Ard turned into Varvatos during the battle, which may explain why she was so easily defeated. But if that were the case, that would nullify the whole story if Ard can turn into Varvatos whenever he likes.
May 18, 2022 10:34 PM
Mar 2022
Tyrant_Inferno said:
_Zuki said:

Maybe Elzard also somehow had gotten weaker, but I didn’t see it stated anywhere. What we do know that it’s explained that she nearly destroyed the world after Varvatos disappeared. It looked like Ard turned into Varvatos during the battle, which may explain why she was so easily defeated. But if that were the case, that would nullify the whole story if Ard can turn into Varvatos whenever he likes.
Tyrant_Inferno said:
_Zuki said:

You are right. But don’t forget his ultimate goal of the reincarnation
May 18, 2022 11:14 PM
Apr 2017
Nah bro... It's been nullified ever since he was born to a family of great heroes. The whole story is utter nonsense. Instead of concealing your power, why not be like Anoth Voldigord?? Anoth blatantly said "Heyyo folks I'm back and bow to me!!"
May 20, 2022 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
Tyrant_Inferno said:
dylpickles said:

This is from the synopsis on MAL: "When he takes matters into his own hands and decides to reincarnate, he calibrates his magical strength to be perfectly average." Now, Crunchyroll's synopsis: "To spice things up a bit, he is reborn in the future as Ard Meteor. Not without first recalibrating his powers to be perfectly average." Unless 2 sources somehow messed up the translation from the Japanese description of the show, his magical powers should have been much less that what it had previously been.

No you are correct. I had read even from the sources wiki. It is most definitely supposed to be that "i am too strong this world borin yo, *goes to future*, now I am just average right *Situational Irony intensifies*".
May 20, 2022 8:47 AM

May 2009
Because this is generic LN garbage with ovepowered MC. Only difference is that it's reincarnation in the same worlds instead isekai.
May 20, 2022 1:37 PM
Apr 2022
It doesn't nullify anything. He is omnipotent. he reincarnated as a typical nobody to make friends. He is simply so smart that he quickly gained most of his power back. And he also did reincarnate as someone weak but for people in his old time periods standards, in the modern day humanity simply got weaker so he reincarnated still better than most accidentally. And the show is so fun and has very good animation. Easily a top 5 spring 2022 anime. The only thing that it sucks in is that its lacking realistic threats/problems and the fact that he has too many females after him is annoying. Still first 3 episodes were 9/10 and episode where he fights the dragon was a 9+/10 in animation standards. So overall, its still way underrated at 6.5/10.
animeAddict17May 20, 2022 1:43 PM
May 20, 2022 11:39 PM
May 2017
animeAddict17 said:
It doesn't nullify anything. He is omnipotent. he reincarnated as a typical nobody to make friends. He is simply so smart that he quickly gained most of his power back. And he also did reincarnate as someone weak but for people in his old time periods standards, in the modern day humanity simply got weaker so he reincarnated still better than most accidentally. And the show is so fun and has very good animation. Easily a top 5 spring 2022 anime. The only thing that it sucks in is that its lacking realistic threats/problems and the fact that he has too many females after him is annoying. Still first 3 episodes were 9/10 and episode where he fights the dragon was a 9+/10 in animation standards. So overall, its still way underrated at 6.5/10.

this anime no way a Top 5 anime of spring 22 this is the second straight season we got a another Anos Voldigold rip-off wtf
May 21, 2022 7:59 AM
Apr 2022
dxtremecaliber said:
animeAddict17 said:

this anime no way a Top 5 anime of spring 22 this is the second straight season we got a another Anos Voldigold rip-off wtf

TOP 5 spring anime are probably 1. Spy x Family 2. Kaguya-Sama 3. Tomodachi Game 4. Shield Hero 5. Either Skeleton Knight or Trapped in a Dating Sim
7. Greatest Demon Lord

But when it came to comparing the first 3 episodes, Greatest Demon lord was top 3 til it got heavily hated with bias 'he's too strong''Too cliche strong character wah!'
And if I got to be honest, not much spring anime have a animated fight scene as epic and difficult as ard vs dragon. Besides Spy X Family fight scenes, you can go ahead and tell me one that comes close.
May 21, 2022 8:49 PM
May 2017
animeAddict17 said:
dxtremecaliber said:

TOP 5 spring anime are probably 1. Spy x Family 2. Kaguya-Sama 3. Tomodachi Game 4. Shield Hero 5. Either Skeleton Knight or Trapped in a Dating Sim
7. Greatest Demon Lord

But when it came to comparing the first 3 episodes, Greatest Demon lord was top 3 til it got heavily hated with bias 'he's too strong''Too cliche strong character wah!'
And if I got to be honest, not much spring anime have a animated fight scene as epic and difficult as ard vs dragon. Besides Spy X Family fight scenes, you can go ahead and tell me one that comes close.

Tomodachi Game aint Top 5 maybe Top 10 also you forgot Summertime Render thats the best anime this season lastly honorable mention Paripi Koumei

but this Anos Voldigold ripoff anime aint now way Top 5 or even 10 not even close bruh

1. Summertime Render
2. Spy Family
3. Paripi Koumei

thats my top 3 im waiting for my rank 4 and 5 this season
May 22, 2022 9:08 PM
Apr 2022
dxtremecaliber said:
animeAddict17 said:

7. Greatest Demon Lord

Tomodachi Game aint Top 5 maybe Top 10 also you forgot Summertime Render thats the best anime this season lastly honorable mention Paripi Koumei

but this Anos Voldigold ripoff anime aint now way Top 5 or even 10 not even close bruh

1. Summertime Render
2. Spy Family
3. Paripi Koumei

I haven't seen Summertime render and Paripi koumei. unfortunately, they're not on crunchyroll
May 23, 2022 5:50 PM
May 2017
animeAddict17 said:
dxtremecaliber said:

1. Summertime Render
2. Spy Family
3. Paripi Koumei

I haven't seen Summertime render and Paripi koumei. unfortunately, they're not on crunchyroll

fuck Crunchyroll just watch it illegally thats their fault for not putting that show on legal streaming sites

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2022

77 by LunyRem »»
Feb 20, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2022

75 by LunyRem »»
Feb 14, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2022

58 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 15, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

61 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

37 by bunny_animelover »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.