Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 19, 2010 9:41 PM

I'd really like to hear what everyone would like to see in the up and coming update that I'll be putting up in the relatively near future.

Just voice your opinion on anything you think the club could use. Be it improving what we have, or adding something, or even taking away something.

I welcome all suggestions at this point. I'm really just fishing for more ideas. I want this to really be a biiiig 大きな update.

Also, I'm curious if anyone would be more interested in having a website that is separate from the club's page, or if you'd prefer to keep everything local. So, basically, I'm asking if you guys and gals want to see a website, or just keep what we have and make it 超good. haha

Also, I'm curious if anyone would be interested in changing the name of the club from "Japanese" to "East Asian" so that it includes Chinese, Korean, etc. Or, maybe just "The Foreign Language Club"? These are just ideas I've had about expanding the club. Although, I'm perfectly fine with keeping it as what it is now and just building on it.

Anyways, let me know!

Apr 20, 2010 4:22 PM

Keep everything local :D ppl don't want to go on other sites to fully get all of the club's feature (excluding MAL updater, which is different :P)

I prefer staying with Japanese Language and Culture Club. If ever this club does include more east asian languages, I would like to see "Japanese and East Asian Language Club", which emphasize on the importance of Japanese in this club as the main language that ppl want to learn.

Although I can kinda help for chinese languages...
Hmmm... Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, Mandarin and Cantonese, all in one :P

Apr 20, 2010 6:38 PM

My vote's to stick with Japanese. Mostly, because even if we have tons of members, I feel like there's only about... what, ten or so... of us who are really active.

It's like you said somewhere on the front page comments, "quality over quantity".

Broadening the club's language coverage might bring in a few more people, but unless it's going to really bring more discussion to the group, I feel like it might fracture what conversation/participation is happening now.

Or the above could be a whole load of rubbish, and I just don't wanna ;) I'm a monokuro kinda member.

Apr 20, 2010 11:37 PM

I appreciate the feedback. I was kind of leaning towards keeping it as Japanese. Though, I do like firebound's suggestion. Another reason I'd want to change it is in the off chance that someone comes along with a Chinese club or something. I don't want to compettition for attention? My initial thinking in making this club what it was was that Japanese is the language of anime, and it being an anime site, it just made sense.

I've thought of making clubs for other languages, but I figured this is good enough.

Eh, it doesn't matter really. I like the active members in this club. I've really learned a lot form everyone, and I've grown fond of the little community we have. So, I'm for preserving it the way it is.

kurichan.. that picture's adorable. ww

Apr 21, 2010 10:42 AM

^_^ Hehe. My fav San-X character.

And I really love everything you've already done for the club, Zealous. That's my excuse for not offering lots of ideas on how to improve.

The only thing I can think of is to maybe increase participation by having more... hm, not sure. Activities? Challenges? Like a weekly or monthly translate a song, draw a cultural picture, design a stamp, or whatnot? That might flop, though. It depends on what everyone wants to do.

Maybe make a poll listing a bunch of stuff, so people can vote on what they might participate in? :o

Apr 21, 2010 11:52 AM

I've compiled a big list of different activities and threads that I'm going to be starting along with the update. I do like the idea of having drawing and designing being a part of all of this.

Also, I don't know how everyone feels about mass messages, but I think that coming up with some kind of message that we can send out weekly, or biweekly, or whatever, would be a decent way to kind of pull people in on participating in the club? Although, I can't recall ever really paying much attention to the messages that get sent out by other clubs.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to keep storming~