Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 23, 2022 5:04 PM

Jan 2020
Oh no, a forced nerf. I hate when series do this... either way, the Infinite Labyrinth reminded me of Castle Oblivion from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. If we were gonna get nerfed, I'd at least like our group to be able to gain some levels within the labyrinth. It didn't feel all that rushed, like with the Spirit Tortoise, but man did we get out of there quick.

Every old object is about to get an anointed hero at this point: The Lamp Hero; The Dustpan Hero; The Broom Hero -- it's an endless list. The Hunting Fishing Rod Hero seems cool. Maybe she'll be able to mitigate the bad blood between the other heroes and Naofumi.

If nothing else, things already seem more interesting than the first half of this season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 24, 2022 1:25 PM

Dec 2009
Yaaaay loli raph again~<3
I missed youuu. I never liked the idea of that rapid aging mechanic for their race.

I think what they are going for here, is that each universe has it's own sort of set of rules, built upon either different facets of whatever rpg they played, or different games entirely. It makes sense that each world would have it's own variation of common sense compared to the other.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 25, 2022 7:23 AM

Oct 2017
The loli hag ahem I mean Kizuna seems like a fun girl.

Never thought we'd get to see loli Raphtalia again but I'm glad to see her.
May 25, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2016
It felt like they skipped tones of text dialogue/monologues and made this meh.
May 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Oct 2018
I didnt read manga so I don't know how they adapted.

I think It was best episode of the season 2. I'm glad that last arc was finished.
May 27, 2022 3:18 AM

Aug 2013
Naofumi and the rest took the level reset calmly.

Kizuna looks like a fun character. But being in place for so long is terrifying.

May 27, 2022 6:34 AM

Apr 2009
Wow they passed by a pocket dimension where another Cardinal Hero from another world and apparently also a Japanese who understood all the video game RPG references (confusing the NPCs, LOL) was imprisoned by another country or what/whoever her enemy was/is...so there's Cardinal Heroes (whom are/maybe summoned for other purposes other than fighting the Waves?) and Vassal Heroes in each world?

She was trapped in there for years? Man, even if I avoid most people or outside world social interaction most of the time IRL I'd go bonkers within a month!

I was assuming the level reset was only temporary while they're on that pocket dimension or whatever the Infinite Labyrinth was but it seems they're stuck with the lower levels even after coming back to the world Kizuna was summoned. I have a nagging suspicion that Rishia has retained her skills or her ki manipulation even after level reset though I could be wrong.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 28, 2022 6:12 AM
Feb 2021
Finally, things are starting to be interesting once again. Tbh, the previous EPs are a literal meh for me and it disappoints me so much because the previous season is a masterpiece then it became slow during the half of this sequel season.

It's too early for them to leave the labyrinth and I would love to see more adventures inside of it. But the real downfall is that unexciting way of getting out of the labyrinth; planting a magical seed that speedy grows up to force the prison to crackdown was uninteresting.

Anyways, the new addition cast has a good introduction. I anticipated more from her background story and her relationship with Glass and the rest of the cardinal heroes from the other world.
May 28, 2022 3:20 PM
Dec 2013
The return of little Raphtalia! Oh, how I missed that form of hers. I never got that far when I read the manga adaptation, so I never thought I'd get to see her like that again. And she still stays in that little form of hers even after returning to the outside world!
wildhoodMay 29, 2022 10:52 AM
May 28, 2022 4:07 PM

Mar 2010
WARNING Legal Loli WARNING

damn am I fucked up for going into heat after seeing chibi raphtalia? O.o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 30, 2022 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
It's really strange to see Raphtalia here. I guess they still have to search to Filo, but I think we will loose some of Naofumi development. I don't understand why they decided to do that.
Still, I hope we will be able to see her other outfit.
Jun 16, 2022 9:40 PM
Jan 2021
Well.... this was a shock....

Firstly I sort of forgot the fact that Naofumi's party went into the portal that opened up to follow L'Arc's party, so when it was revealed that Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo were in a different world, I then remembered that key fact of the previous episode.

Secondly, it seems that now that Naofumi is in a different world, he, Rishia, Raphtalia, and likely Filo all start at Level 1 and have to regain their power. Because a demi-human's physical growth is linked to their level, Raphtalia is back to being a kid. Now we get to talking about Naofumi's adventure with Kozoyama Kizuna...

So she is the Hunting Hero of the Four Cardinal Heroes from another world. It's a different world from Glass, L'Arc, and Therese as in their world they have vassal weapons. She was kind to treat Naofumi's party to some food and it was interesting to see that her Cardinal weapon can't do any physical damage to people even if she wanted to. That instantly won Naofumi's trust and they worked together to get out of the Infinite Labyrinth. It's funny how Kizuna has been trapped for a few years and Naofumi instantly figures out how to break the system and use a bioplant to get out. Now Kizuna is back to her original world and I wonder what Naofumi's plan is from here...
Jun 24, 2022 6:41 AM

Nov 2013
Glad to see Kizuna animated. They're rushing the plot like there's no tomorrow though!
Raphtalia wasn't supposed to be together with Naofumi in this maze-prison either.
Kind of sad how insanely fast the pace is.
Jun 26, 2022 10:59 AM
Aug 2020
So this thing is called the Infinite Labyrinth and they got out of it in 10 minutes? Okay.
Jun 29, 2022 9:26 AM
Jul 2019
well it did say it was following the ln but as a manga reader im confused as how the story will go because in the manga, naofumi almost went insane as he lost both raphtalia and filo at once and that helped him train his mind and got on the grind again, but with raphtalia here well lets just see how it goes
Jun 29, 2022 9:54 AM

Aug 2019
KSLOA said:
well it did say it was following the ln but as a manga reader im confused as how the story will go because in the manga, naofumi almost went insane as he lost both raphtalia and filo at once and that helped him train his mind and got on the grind again, but with raphtalia here well lets just see how it goes

That's the problem! It's not following the LN anymore, the story is totally fan made.
The manga is a proper adaptation of the LN, it even improved parts.
Jul 11, 2022 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
Kizuna Kazayama must be very excited after trapped for many years on there :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 11, 2022 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
Kizuna Kazayama must be very excited after trapped for many years on there :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 20, 2022 10:47 PM

Aug 2019
Felt like a really quick episode, introduction of a new character who is a cardinal hero as well as a how new world. Seems like they are in the same world as L'Arc and Glass since Kizuna recognised their names but her not knowing about the waves and being captured by an enemy nation and locked in the labyrinth raises lots of questions. Obviously she shows good intentions but i'm surprised Naofumi trusts an almost complete stranger regardless of cardinal weapon or not, right now no one in the group knows why she was actually put in the labyrinth. Maybe she was captured by an enemy nation or maybe she was put in the labyrinth for a really good reason and just used the gang as a way out. Either way we'll see more.

Naofumi, Raphtalia and Rishia get their lvls reset as i presume the worlds logic follows the same logic as most mmo rpgs "changing server region doesn't carry over progress and lvls" or the ones that i play do that. Small Raphtalia returns since her lvl reflects her age which i completely forgot about.

The whole "bug" part was rlly, odd. Honestly just felt like a massive gamble cus there was no way of knowing if there actually was anything on the other side besides empty abyss, or even if destroying it would open it up. They couldn't even enter that small crevice in the wall so opening up the whole thing is something. Like 90% of the bugged areas i go in games usually have me hit a insta death zone or just drop me into an abyss under the map that keeps going until i get bored and tp out.
Sep 2, 2022 1:19 PM
Aug 2014
erm yhea that was not bad wehehe
Sep 19, 2022 4:10 PM
May 2021
the protagonist has become pathetic
Oct 26, 2022 10:53 PM

Dec 2012
Really cool episode

Nov 8, 2022 2:40 PM
Jan 2021
fucking fucker shit
Nov 12, 2022 9:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Level one! Are you ready? kekeke
Jan 21, 2023 12:49 PM

Jul 2008
So they all got reset....new world, new game i guess.

And wait there are 5 heroes on this world? Larc, glass, teresa, kizuna and book jerk?
Feb 28, 2023 11:23 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Finally something interesting. Chill episode.
Mar 19, 2023 2:58 PM
Mar 2023
best ep in season 2
Jun 20, 2023 10:45 AM

Apr 2013
Well the start of the new arc was quite boring, I hope it gets better from here.
Jul 13, 2023 6:59 AM
Jan 2023
Seems they picked up the pace finally. First half of this season was pretty rough to watch, but this is a huge improvement.
That plant exploit was pretty fun to watch and the plant was well animated too.
Definitely glad I didn't drop season 2 after the first couple episodes.
Aug 24, 2023 9:49 PM

Dec 2022
Loli Raphtalia returns, and the episode introduces Kizuna.

More video game mechanics and terminology referenced here than I'm used to in this series. Going out of bounds in an area doesn't normally transport you to a completely different map in a game unless it's an intentional easter egg, but it is a creative use of the plant. Looks good, all things considered.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 12, 2023 11:15 PM
Dec 2022
The new world is not too kind to Shield Hero. To be back at level 1 is a bit bad. An isekai within the isekai.
Oct 18, 2023 7:54 AM

Jul 2022
Amiya from Arknights
Oct 21, 2023 3:25 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I recall tons of people were critizing this change from the original, to have Raphtalia staying with them but tbh, if they are going to fuck this adaptation up, at least they had an interesting idea, seeing Raph at lvl1 again is refreshing and IMO wont change that much the overall plot of things.

Kizuna is what I wanted to see the most from S2 and they at least nailed it, so despite this going worst and worst as an adaptation, I will still have fun at least when she is onscreen, such a likable ball of cheerfulness~~
Nov 6, 2023 1:36 AM
Jun 2016
a pleasant suprise
Dec 18, 2023 10:24 AM

Aug 2018
This Labyrinth Island concept is actually really interesting, but they finished that in one single episode. Wasn't the pace of the episode really fast? Also, they didn't explain anything about that Island or why there was a Cardinal Hero there (she was sent there by a country, but why and how?). I was expecting more of this episode, with the end of that disastrous arc that the turtle one was, but it seems like the anime isn't getting to season 1 standards.

Edit: forgot to mention how Kizuna was stuck in that island for years, and Naofumi just gets there and uses some gamming terms and gets them out of there. In reality, if that was a game and they broke the map, they would just be stuck, but alright.
Also, I'm seeing that apparentaly Raphtalia wasn't supposed to be with them during this part, and honestly, that makes sense why this whole Raphtalia thing seems off, I guess it was just an excuse so that they show us smaller Raphtalia again.
PokefanPTDec 18, 2023 10:28 AM
Jan 1, 2:01 AM
Jun 2012
"Lolihag" is best hag.

Now it feels like the series is popping off.
Jan 12, 4:12 AM

Dec 2020
Return of the baby raphtalia. I actually really liked this ep. The idea of starting over again was interesting.
Jan 18, 10:09 PM
Aug 2023
Yeah, small Raphtalia is better than leveled up Raphtalia. Leveled up Raphtalia kind of got naggy and less adorable.

How does the Hunting Hero know she's 18 years old, but not know how long she's been in the prison for after she stop counting after two years? She shouldn't know how old she is exactly or roughly know how many years she's been in there.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

231 by LegendaryGast »»
Apr 8, 5:07 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.