Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2008 11:39 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So many intersting things happened this episode. After the scene in episode 7 where Tutu was about to give up I figured Edel was a tool of Drosselmeyer's but I didn't think she'd be an acutal puppet on strings. I guess that explains how she just appears in scenes out of thin air. Drosselmeyer seems to have strange aims in continuing the story. He's backed Tutu all the previous episodes and now it looks like he intentionally provokes Rue to becoming Princess Kraehe.

Rue's character is really starting to get a lot more interesting. Her two sides appeared in conflict once again but now she looks to be leaning heavily towards being Kraehe. Sucks because it was starting to look like she was warming up to Ahiru and thinking about friendship. Things won't go well if she finds out Ahiru = Tutu.

The picture from the book Fakir was reading looks to be a very bad omen for him. Edel's foreshadowing doesn't bode well either.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 14, 2008 10:24 AM

May 2008
The way I keep hearing "those who fight against fate, gain glory" always keeps giving hope that it's a foreshadowing that Ahiru will find a way to confess to Mytho and still not disappear. And that better happen, I don't need another sad ending.

Also, from interest to obsession. It's gonna be interesting how that turns out.

Also, Fakir and Rue's story gets more confusing by the second.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 22, 2009 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
That scene with Edel and Fakir in the library is one of my favorite scenes in the anime. I don't know why. It was just really cool.

I feel sorry for Rue in this episode. And I liked the scene with Rue and Ahiru. They are too cute together :D
Jan 26, 2010 8:26 AM

Oct 2009
Rue is in such an unfortunate position right now. I'm curious to learn more about the raven, and Fakir.
Feb 22, 2010 8:04 PM

Feb 2010
LOVED this episode. I am starting to like Fakir... he was always very interesting but he's become even more so. Cant WAIT for Mytho to get more and more heart pieces as his "Corpse-like" behavior was getting old.

Poor Rue-chan.... :( I don't see good things in store for her.

Oh, and I agree with Hirahira.... that scene with Fakir and Edel was one of my fave scenes in the anime so far.
Mar 8, 2010 9:55 PM

Feb 2008
tainteddonut said:
So many intersting things happened this episode. After the scene in episode 7 where Tutu was about to give up I figured Edel was a tool of Drosselmeyer's but I didn't think she'd be an acutal puppet on strings. I guess that explains how she just appears in scenes out of thin air. Drosselmeyer seems to have strange aims in continuing the story. He's backed Tutu all the previous episodes and now it looks like he intentionally provokes Rue to becoming Princess Kraehe.

Rue's character is really starting to get a lot more interesting. Her two sides appeared in conflict once again but now she looks to be leaning heavily towards being Kraehe. Sucks because it was starting to look like she was warming up to Ahiru and thinking about friendship. Things won't go well if she finds out Ahiru = Tutu.

The picture from the book Fakir was reading looks to be a very bad omen for him. Edel's foreshadowing doesn't bode well either.

I figured Edel for a puppet of Drosselmeyer from her first appearance, i just didn't realize she would literally be a puppet.
As for Drosselmeyer, he doesn't give a damn about any of the characters, only the story. if they all dropped dead in the same instant he'd be happy, as long as they did it in a dramatically impressive way (Hamlet anyone?).
I'm also not seeing good things ahead for Rue, as it becomes more and more obvious that he doesn't love her and probably never will it'll be harder and harder for her to hang onto the part of her that makes her Rue, her friendship with Ahiru will probably support her for a while, before it utterly shatters her personality when she finds out. I'm just curios as to whether it'll be Ahiru or Drosselmeyer that reveals the truth to her.
Dec 30, 2010 3:36 AM

Apr 2009
jacobpaige said:
I figured Edel for a puppet of Drosselmeyer from her first appearance, i just didn't realize she would literally be a puppet.

For me I only had that suspicion from the start but that puppet strings appearing made all my doubts disappear!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 14, 2011 9:33 PM

Jul 2008
This show just keeps getting better and better.

jacobpaige said:
Drosselmeyer seems to have strange aims in continuing the story.

He really does and it really makes me feel for the characters who are getting manipulated by him. God, reminds me a lot of the gods in classical Greek literature.
Jun 14, 2011 7:34 PM

Jan 2009
Fakir is kind of a badass, not gonna lie.

This show is definitely getting more interesting. I must say, I love every time Drosselmeyer is on, so very interesting.
Jan 26, 2012 8:59 PM

Apr 2008
This was the episode that renewed my interest in PT. The first handful of eps were okay, what with the music, ballet, and the like. But when I first heard Mussorgsky's Promenade from his Pictures at an Exhibition open the episode, I was hooked. Not only that, but Fakir's character gets some more attention and I started to like him more. If it wasn't for those two things, I think I would have dropped this show.
Jul 4, 2012 3:45 PM

Jun 2009
I definitely think Fakir and Rue are the most interesting characters so far. I'm honestly not sure where this story will take them and I kind of like that. But, man, Drosselmeyer sure is a manipulative bastard. I wonder if they'll eventually fight this story book like fate, because I can't see Fakir, Rue, or Tutu having a "good" ending going by what we know so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 1, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
Those confrontations throughout the end of the episode were great.. I'm enjoying the atmosphere of impending doom that lingers whenever Kraehe appears.
And, of course, Fakir jumping through the glass like a total badass..
Jan 9, 2014 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Lilie keeps cracking me up each episode, she's so bizarre. Things have really been picking up and each episode is getting more and more suspenseful and intriguing. I wonder what will happen if or when they discover each other's true identities. It was pretty funny though when Rue and Fakir gained inspiration from the conversation between Cat and Goatette-sensei. I wonder what Fakir's role is in the storybook, with that scar on his back.
Dec 26, 2014 10:26 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Ahiru. The more she heals the prince's heart, the more she has to hurt her own :( Also the whole Princess Kraehe vs Princess Tutu thing is getting more and more interesting.

Did that stalker drawer girl remind anyone else of Sailor Mercury?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
Huh... so if Edel is Drosselmeyer's puppet, maybe Lilie and Pique are also puppets. They all only appear to be crutches for Duck, and nudge her towards her objective and they don't really do anything else. But Lilie and Pique are not actually helping her case most of the time, so maybe I just find them weird.

Only four episodes left until the conclusion of the first arc; it should be quite a good time.
Jul 19, 2015 4:59 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Poor Rue-chan. Her transformation sequence is painful and she will have to do it each time she turns into Princess Claire.

On a lighter note, this episode was well written. Great balance of comedy and drama. The neko-sensei marriage joke was getting old but I got a few laughs out of it thanks to Yagiko-sensei.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jun 29, 2016 3:52 PM

Apr 2015
Does anyone else felt pity for Kraehe? Tbh its not shocking for me knowing her to be the crow since the beginning of the story, I've been expecting it since she got dissatisfied when Mytho heart piece began to be restored (I assume she knows that in the original story if Mytho regains his heart he will realize that his true love is Princess Tutu so that she got dumped so she feel that it would be better for Mytho to be a "Rei Ayanami" instead so that he will forever forgot about Tutu and become hers.)

Seems that I've seen so much fairy tale references here (e.g Hansel & Gretel, The red shoes, and the most obvious one being The Little Mermaid, and probably there's more) pretty good.
Sep 23, 2017 9:01 PM
Sep 2015
Ouch, the Raven transformation sure looks painful.

One thing I don't get is that she knows all about Mytho and his herat but doesn't know about herself.
Jul 29, 2019 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
Absolutely incredible ending!

Finally the mystery about princess Kraehe was revealed. I wonder if there is still someone controlling her... could it be Fakir?

Anyways, amazing episode.
Mar 29, 2021 9:41 AM

Jun 2016
Despite being recap-heavy and not as well animated as the rest, this episode did a lot to move the story forward and develop the characters, somehow still within the same episodic formula. I don't know how it's going to keep up this momentum for 15 more (normal-length) episodes or where it could turn to slow things down, but if it can keep things up I may just have another favorite anime.

Abajur said:
Very nice to see the joke with Neko-sensei evolve and take an active role in the narrative this episode

Yeah, I still think it's heavily overused but seeing it end up mattering helps make it much more tolerable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Awesmoe - Apr 3, 2008

143 by WisperG »»
Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.