Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2022 2:56 PM

Mar 2020
BlichoBoy said:
With that scene at the end and everything, what I get is, everyone should go to a warmer place. Momo is happy because she gone to somewhere warmer.

Seeing that is WIT, I wonder if there is a world out there, with successful strongholds but no one talk about it, because they made people think cold and less daylight hours are good.

what if the world is fine, and the entire thing is set in russia, that's why everyone is miserable and cold

Momo just got a visa to America due to being a lesbian and applied for asylum as persecuted minority
May 23, 2022 11:43 AM
Jan 2022
Wow, I'm honestly shocked with how a 5 episode, 2 hour long mini series still managed to make me cry and feel so attached to these characters. I would've loved to see a few more episodes though
May 23, 2022 12:04 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, the series just seemed average at best for me for the majority of its run. And that's part of the reason I'm puzzled how the death of Fiine got me teary-eyed.

One thing's for sure though and that's a bit too much content was cramped in the five episodes. Episode 4 was possibly the only episode with the most decent pacing but it covered a theme or setting that's so prevalent in the genre that it didn't really come out of the norm. A cour of episodes (say, 10 for example) could've made things a lot better to not just follow but appreciate its intricacies and whatnot. More on Kubo-san's story could've expanded the world-building to another level, and I can't help but feel this was such a missed opportunity to do so.

Fiine and Momo's relationship was nice to keep up with, for sure. Again, because of the lack of time though, the quick change in Momo to be accepting of Fiine didn't feel that right then but I didn't mind it that much as the show was clearly aiming for that from the get-go and I'm glad they didn't try to be too wishy-washy about it. Fiine ended up leaving Momo behind on three occasions and each of them had a small but pronounced buildup which was great.

Also, of course, the tears part too. I'm usually super weak to endings like this in the first place and I'm certain that'd some kind of a role but I'll still give credit to the show for managing to keep me emotionally invested. I was dead set on a 5/10 (or lower) by the time I finished the fourth episode. None of the side characters were given enough time to leave a lasting impression.

For now, I'll settle with a very generous 6/10 but I may lower it to a 5/10 in the coming days...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 27, 2022 5:42 AM

Dec 2020
Beautifully animated show.

Could've really benefited from more episodes to build up the lore, world, characters etc. The story isn't anything new but it was well done with the limited episodes. I was expecting a non happy ending where they both would've died, but I guess in the end Momo found her Eden.

Also not sure why I expected a ending where they both died, cause apparently Momo is a god that can't be killed. Lol like seriously drowned, stabbed, shot at, extreme cold, bitten, scrapped, falling from huge heights all within days.
May 28, 2022 3:15 PM

Feb 2017
this episode was giving me major romeo and juliet vibes so im honestly surprised that momo didnt kill herself after fine died.

umm the backstories for both fine and momo's uncle (?) felt like they could have been handled better? fine's backstory was essentially given in pieces (this is what it felt like to me) and it didn't feel like a full character backstory if that makes sense. uncle's backstory was like 3 powerpoint slides and it leaves me with a bunch of questions and wanting to know more.

looks like momo found her paradise in the end though

placeholder text
Jun 3, 2022 11:18 PM

Jul 2016
Netflix with another mediocre and rushed anime original let's go!

Bad short series overall. Overdone drama, underdeveloped characters and story, infuriating main leads, Momo's astronomically stupid plot-armour and an awful handling of pacing. Honestly, a 12-episode format would have been more effective for this project.

3/10 - Trash after-credits scene, btw. Momo somehow finds her own "paradise", meets a vampire man and ends up having a child with him? Seriously, what a way to ruin a semi-decent tragic conclusion.
SouthRzVaJun 3, 2022 11:26 PM
Jun 6, 2022 5:15 AM

Jun 2013
I don't think I liked this series as much as others did. I would give it a 4/10. Momo was the most annoying character ever. I feel like Fiine would've survived and wouldn't have been in half of the shit was she in if it weren't for Momo. I was looking forward to this plus the yuri/shoujo-ai aspect but felt like it was packing too much into just five episodes.

I really wanted to know more about the traitor Warms who wanted to become vampires. The uncle seemed like the coolest character with the best background. Why does Momo's baby look like a vampire? Did she have a baby with a vampire? So many questions.
臭い-
Jun 8, 2022 4:29 PM

May 2021
While I did like the 1st episode quite a bit, the next 4 episodes didn't carry the momentum through for me. In the first place, considering the position of vampires and humans in the food chain, I don't get why they even have to look for a paradise. The ending also just, happened. No clue who she had a baby with.

On the plus side, their motivations were fairly well-defined. Enough for me to confidently say that it was better than Bubble.

Also, the lesbian part was barely even developed, if at all present in the first place.

Jun 9, 2022 10:35 AM
Jan 2022
I didn't think I'd be so emotional at end but I was. Loved the show but I actually think it could've done with one more episode that explored Momo and her mothers relationship

Overall excellent
Jun 20, 2022 2:28 AM

Sep 2019
Ok watch.
Suffers from the typical Netflix show illnesses:
too much plot pressed into 5 episodes, therefore making each place quite forgettable and irrelevant.
almost all characters are one sided, lacking depth. Typical true - false, right - wrong, 0 - 1 presentation, whereas in truth 99.9% of people / charcters are something in between, having good and bad sides. But what do you expect from a american company pushing their agendas onto people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still scoring a little bit above average, since WIT did a great job in the art department. Especially the landscapes with the frozen lakes were beautiful and radiating that barren loneliness.
6 / 10.
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Jun 22, 2022 9:21 AM

Apr 2016
It's amazing how it achieved nothing for a series that is just 5 episodes, some cool action scenes and nice designs but someone forgot to actually write a proper script let me just remind myself to never watch anything by whoever wrote this.

Momo, the supergirl, being so attached to Fine never made sense like she was that horny that after her best friend died in front of her she decide to give it all for a vampire that sooner or later was going to give it to her instinct of drinking blood and probably kill her unless she was able to turn into a vampire which they could have done instead of this whole cosplay of Thelma & Louise they tried to do.

I would prefer to think this series was about Momo the deranged girl and her delusion of being a vampire or being with a vampire.
Jul 3, 2022 8:20 AM

Nov 2019
The only good thing I can say about this series is that it has well-animated action scenes. That's it.

The characters are comically one-note while the plot development resembles some unholy combination of Thelma & Louise, Romeo & Juliet, and Kino no Tabi.
Jul 20, 2022 8:03 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
All I can say is, I wasted my precious 2 hours and 10 minutes on this shit.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Aug 2, 2022 3:28 AM
Feb 2020
Lazy writting story but not bad, wit studio and yeah just that 6.9/10
Aug 7, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 2018
I wasn't expecting a happy ending with Fine and Momo but I did hoped for it till the end :/
Aug 26, 2022 6:24 PM
Jul 2021
it was a good series, with a great line, good animation and great special effects.
I was surprised by the way fantasy violence was approached in this series and the studio responsible is to be congratulated and the drama between the two main characters was not so bad, it was a tolerable series and good to follow.
Aug 30, 2022 10:56 AM
Dec 2019
Wish it was longer - but it was a beautiful short one to watch!
Sep 11, 2022 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
Well, abominations killing humans or not, I felt bad for Fine and Allegro. Anyway...

... pretty uneven ending. First half was great, second felt only fine.

About the show as a whole, I liked it. It wasn't the best anime I have ever seen. In fact it had many flaws that made me not give it a high score on my list. But at the same time it was totally entertaining piece of animation. I wish it was longer to flesh out some themes more and make it feel less rushed (Momo and Fine basically became besties way too fast).
AdnashSep 11, 2022 2:18 PM
Sep 11, 2022 6:43 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, that was it? What happens to everything else? xD The impression I had is that they skipped the last chapters. But I believe that happened cause the anime was just focused on Momo and Fine, after Fine died the anime automatically ended. Everything else was just there even though I wanted to know more.

That epilogue though... did Momo had a baby with a random vampire ? Like.. all of the subplot yuri so they would end it like that? C´mon... I mean, good that she found her -random- Paradise, but that baby was a big slap on my face xD

By the way, I don´t believe her mother deserved that, but oh well..

Probably 7/10

TechOtakuSep 11, 2022 7:28 PM
Sep 14, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2021
Damn, Allegro's also dead. Seeing the pug barking at his corpse was just sad.

I feel really bad for the uncle. He's mostly just following orders and once believed in the co-existence of humans and vamps. He even had to kill his vamp wife/fiance.

Fine's endurance is really commendable tbh. She was already low on blood, really weak, injured several times over, and fought with the uncle and still travelled to such a far distance while carrying Momo.

Fine's farewell was heartwrenching. Momo and Fine's bond couldn't survive in this cruel world.

This is such a tragic story. Now some might be mad about them not finding a 'paradise' together and living happily ever after. But I disagree. This ending was grounded in reality and the tragic love story it portrays is just amazing imo. Way too far to be a masterpiece but still a really good and enjoyable premise. What can I say? I'm a sucker for tragic and realistic endings.

But hey, we still got a somewhat happy ending (I say 'somewhat' because the rest of the world is most presumably still at war and Fine wasn't able to spend her life with Momo). Tbh if the same conditions and situations, were to happen irl, it wouldn't reach this conclusion. I presume it would end even faster irl. These kinds of bonds wouldn't be accepted by society one bit and it'll end in a really tragic manner.

Overall, really enjoyable, highly recommendable, and has great animation. A 7/10 from me.

Oct 4, 2022 1:08 AM

Jan 2021
Tragic ending.. in the end Fine and Momo can't live together.. they will never get to the Paradise they dream of together.. I wonder what will happen to Momo's mother and uncle after all this. Honestly this is much better than Bubble but I really feel uncomfortable watching Momo. She ruined my enjoyment while watching, especially when she can be so strong and then weak and helpless. Momo in episode 3 looked so strong even when she was stabbed in the throat by Allegro and she fell and was injured too, but in the early minutes here she looked so weak especially when she wanted to help Fine who was being shot. I'm sorry maybe because I don't like Momo in the first place so it feels like everything she does looks annoying and makes no sense to me, but overall it was quite interesting. Sad to see Allegro's dog is all alone now.

Oct 19, 2022 8:40 AM

Jul 2015
Kinda average human vs vampire story in my opinion where I honestly wasn't invested in any character (although I would've liked to see more of the badass uncle) and also found Momo quite the annoying kid.

Nov 26, 2022 8:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Horrible last episode!

the episode was poorly planned, with many failures, with a development looking for a quick ending.

4/10 and lucky kekeke
Dec 11, 2022 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
The series was too short. This was the most obvious problem for me, there wasn't enough time to really establish a proper relationship that I can feel for between Momo and Fine in only 5 eps of which they aren't even together for the first. Nevermind establishing the world they live in of which was too surface lvl for me to care about either. Since their running off together caused both humans and vampires to chase after them I would have liked to have seen some impact on their societies from their actions but seems nothing will change at all. Would have preferred if they had both survived or both died as well, leaving things hopeful or bleak, as it is with Fine dying and Momo being alone I just feel numb.

Anime wasn't terrible, 6/10 for me but simply a letdown.
Dec 27, 2022 8:39 PM

Nov 2012
whack & waste of time.

Not an emotional ending at all because I'm not attached to and don't care about any of the characters.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 10, 2023 4:52 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Whose child is that ? Dang it this kind of ending really piss me off sometime, why didn't they deserve a happy ending ? maybe the episode is to short so it hurrying in ending or what, but it just me or fine have a similar face to adult naruto, it like seeing naruto with a white long hair
Jun 14, 2023 11:15 AM
Mar 2023
achei legal pacas 👍👍
Jun 23, 2023 5:58 PM
Dec 2020
lindo amei chorei
Jul 10, 2023 1:48 PM
Feb 2021
so much emotional damage
Jul 18, 2023 1:08 PM
Aug 2017
In all honesty, this anime is the kind you watch with friends while under the effects of your substance of choice, and have fun making fun of it and how stupid it is.

I sincerely was more entertained booing this thing, and wishing for X or Y character to die (Momo most of the time) than the show itself. The only other positive aspect of this thing was the technical part (animation and whatnot. I mean is Wit, what can you expect If not decent animation from them?). And the badass uncle, and he was a Naruto looking head ass lmao. Yes, I'm aware of the character designer and his works

Anyway, I agree with the whole "If it had more eps it would have sucked less". The world seemed interesting, but so many other things were so stupid for cheap drama. I kinda feel bad for the voice actors who did this thing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Did it live up to our expectations?

SofiaBulga - Jul 7, 2022

18 by bubba460z »»
Mar 2, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Vampire in the Garden Episode 1 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 16, 2022

37 by TristanPDX »»
Jan 28, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Vampire in the Garden Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 16, 2022

24 by Pitchagon »»
May 2, 2023 5:49 AM

Poll: » Vampire in the Garden Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 16, 2022

18 by Ker0w0 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire in the Garden Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 16, 2022

23 by JVskunkape »»
Dec 27, 2022 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.