Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I just watched Steins Gate and it was incredible. I have questions regarding its continuation ?

New
May 16, 2022 2:02 AM

Feb 2022
!SPOILER ALERT!

Oh man it was an incredible series, at starting of this series I was like why I am watching this, starting episodes were too slow but after 12-13 episodes it was just incredible. thank god I didn't drop it in the beginning.

ENDING

What I get from the ending is that there is 3 time lines in the show ->

Fist time line(Alpha time line) -> Where Kurisu Makise died and her father reached Russia with time machine papers and in 2036 there will be world war III
due to this papers but for now Mayuri Shiina is safe.

Second time line(Beta time line) ->Where Mayuri Shiina died , Kurisu Makise joined SERN and developed time machine for SERN after this SERN snatched world freedom and stared ruling the world mean while Rintaro Okabe made a resistance group to oppose the SERN. In 2036 both Kurisu Makise and Rintaro Okabe died.

Third time line(Steins Gate time line) ->Where neither Kurisu Makise died nor Mayuri Shiina , Rintaro Okabe and Kurisu Makise ended up together so for now it is happy ending but we don't know what will happen in the future.

*Correct me if I am wrong somewhere*

QUESTION?

I just ended this Steins Gate series and it was awesome because in the end it was happy ending and I like happy ending thing so I am fully satisfied but I read somewhere that Steins Gate 0 is continuation of Alpha time line and Steins Gate Déjà vu is continuation of Steins Gate time line(where we ended in Steins Gate the Third time line)beyond that I know nothing about this series and movie. So my question is that should I watch this or not, I don't like sad endings I don't have courage to watch sad endings like I love AOT(Attack On Titan) but when I came to know that AOT has sad ending I was so disappointed, so tell me is Steins Gate Déjà vu and Steins Gate 0 have sad ending if not I will definitely watch it if yes then I won't.
So, Should I watch Steins Gate Déjà vu and Stein Gate 0 or NOT????????
IF yes then also tell me what is the sequence of watching it , after Steins Gate ending ?

!!!THANK YOU!!!

GreyratAnimelistMay 16, 2022 3:13 AM

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
May 16, 2022 2:14 AM

May 2021
no matter what u watch,the ending is constant,u SHOULD watch the missing link(portal from steins gate to steins gate 0),deja vú(a special),oukkobakko poriomania(Extended happy ending),and maybe cognitive computing ONAs too,but i aint too sure about 0,its kinda boring and redundant at times,but its still watchable,it follows that (alpha)okabe which *spoilers* sent the motivational video to beta okabe.*spoilers*,its a pretty sad tail and the ending is kinda weird,but believe me,everything turns out to be good.
KP_SENSEIMay 16, 2022 2:18 AM
May 16, 2022 2:19 AM

Jan 2018
Beta worldline is where Kurisu dies and Alpha worldline is where Mayuri dies. You got them flipped.

Anyways, talking about Steins;Gate 0 is hard without spoilers but I'll try my best. Basically, S;G0 isn't a sequel or a prequel. It’s technically an interquel. It takes place between episodes 23 and 24 of the original series and I hope you understand where I'm going with this. S;G0 doesn’t have that upbeat vibe of the first S;G but don't worry. It has a happy ending. Watch episode 23 Beta Open the Missing Link - Divide by Zero before starting Steins;Gate 0 and you'll understand what it’s about. S;G 0 has 23 episodes plus one OVA that takes place in the middle of the story.

The movie takes place last in the S;G timeline but unfortunately it's not canon. It has some plotholes that contradict the previously established rules set up by its source material. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t watch it. It’s actually a very good sequel-style movie that gives further closure to Makise Kurisu from the Steins Gate worldline.
Watch episode 25/OVA of the original series first if you haven't already. Then you can watch Steins;Gate 0 or the movie. Your choice on what to watch first. There's also a miniseries called Cognitive Computing which you can skip. But it’s so short you might as well watch it. I think it’s on YouTube.
0451May 17, 2022 10:35 AM
May 16, 2022 2:20 AM
Dec 2015
GreyratAnimelist said:
!SPOILER ALERT!

Oh man it was an incredible series, at starting of this series I was like why I am watching this, starting episodes were too slow but after 12-13 episodes it was just incredible. thank god I didn't drop it in the beginning.

ENDING

Fist time line(Alpha time line) -> Where Kurisu Makise died and her father reached Russia with time machine papers and in 2036 there will be world war III

Second time line(Beta time line) ->Where Mayuri Shiina died , Kurisu Makise joined SERN and developed time machine for SERN after this SERN snatched world freedom and stared ruling the world mean while Rintaro Okabe made a resistance group to oppose the SERN. In 2036 both Kurisu Makise and Rintaro Okabe died.

Third time line(Steins Gate time line) ->Where neither Kurisu Makise died nor Mayuri Shiina , Rintaro Okabe and Kurisu Makise ended up together so for now it is happy ending but we don't know what will happen in the future.

QUESTION?

I just ended this Steins Gate series and it was awesome because in the end it was happy ending and I like happy ending thing so I am fully satisfied but I read somewhere that Steins Gate 0 is continuation of Alpha time line and Steins Gate Déjà vu is continuation of Steins Gate time line(where we ended in Stein Gate the Third time line)beyond that I know nothing about this series and movie. So my question is that should I watch this or not, I don't like sad endings I don't have courage to watch sad endings like I love AOT(Attack On Titan) but when I came to know that AOT have sad ending I was so disappointed, so tell me is Steins Gate Déjà vu and Steins Gate 0 have sad ending if not I will definitely watch it if yes then I won't.
IF yes then also tell me what is the sequence of watching it , after Steins Gate ending ?

!!!THANK YOU!!!

Steins;Gate 0 is a must watch, it is vital in order to truly understand S;G.
The movie is not canon, it takes place after the fist serie, in the Steins;Gate line. It’s a good film so i recommended it, but it’s not essential.
I watched the series in this order: S;G>film>S;G0
May 16, 2022 2:38 AM
May 2021
maybe you should try grand blue 😏😏
May 16, 2022 2:58 AM

Jan 2021
Steins;Gate 0 is absolutely essential imo. The Alpha timeline's continuation ties closely to the origin of Steins;Gate timeline and it'll make you wonder if all this was planned in a grand scheme of things. Because 0 ties in directly to the original, the 'real' ending is still the one from the orignal.
Plus, you get to see Okabe in a completely different light.

The movie is mildly retconned by 0, but you could watch it as a side story without thinking of its consequences on the actual story. I like to think of it as a filler epilogue. It has a pretty happy ending.
certifiedbingerMay 16, 2022 3:06 AM
May 16, 2022 2:58 AM
Nov 2020
steins gate 0 ending is bittersweet but it is absolutely needed to understand how Okabe got that msg in EP 23.

deja vu is probably the movie and it is a happy ending.

watching sequence after steins gate
ova
movie
23 beta ep
steins gate 0
May 16, 2022 3:03 AM
Apr 2021
all of them have happy endings
the order is :
movie
episode 23 beta (do not forget to watch it first !)
steins gate 0

el psy congroo
May 16, 2022 3:52 AM
Jan 2021
GreyratAnimelist said:
!SPOILER ALERT!

ENDING

QUESTION?

I just ended this Steins Gate series and it was awesome because in the end it was happy ending and I like happy ending thing so I am fully satisfied but I read somewhere that Steins Gate 0 is continuation of Alpha time line and Steins Gate Déjà vu is continuation of Steins Gate time line(where we ended in Steins Gate the Third time line)beyond that I know nothing about this series and movie. So my question is that should I watch this or not, I don't like sad endings I don't have courage to watch sad endings like I love AOT(Attack On Titan) but when I came to know that AOT has sad ending I was so disappointed, so tell me is Steins Gate Déjà vu and Steins Gate 0 have sad ending if not I will definitely watch it if yes then I won't.

!!!THANK YOU!!!

Steins;Gate 1-22 then Episode 23(beta) then Steins Gate 0 then Steins;Gate Episode 23-25 Then the movie...That is the cronological order.Since you finished Steins;Gate so you should watch Episode 23(Beta) Then Steins Gate 0 then the movie
May 16, 2022 4:19 AM
Mar 2021
short answer: just don't watch 0
May 16, 2022 5:45 AM
Aug 2021
I am mad scientist u sonnuva bitch
Life is like a tube of toothpaste
May 16, 2022 5:46 AM
Aug 2021
I am mad scientist u sonnuva bitch
Life is like a tube of toothpaste
May 16, 2022 6:56 AM

Feb 2021
GreyratAnimelist said:
!SPOILER ALERT!

ENDING

QUESTION?

!!!THANK YOU!!!

You have got the timelines wrong. Beta timeline is the one where Kurisu dies and Alpha is the one where Mayuri dies.

As for your question, I say that you should watch the rest of the content that Steins;Gate has to offer. The movie and S;G 0 both have a happy ending but the journey throughout is not so happy, just like the original show.

Order - Steins;Gate along with Ep25 (OVA) --> Cognitive Computing Shorts (not necessary, but still fun) --> Steins;Gate Movie --> Missing Link Episode (23 beta) --> Steins;Gate 0 --> Steins;Gate 0 OVA
May 16, 2022 7:50 AM
Jun 2021
steins gate 0 takes place between ep 22-23 so no the happy ending isn’t negated

deja vu is a sequel movie to steins gate. i recommend just reading the synopsis and see if you want to watch it from there (i enjoyed it)

idk about the ova
May 16, 2022 9:27 AM
Mar 2022
they are currently working on a visual novel called anonymous code which will feature kurisu, and after that a visual novel which is supposed to be a direct sequel to the orginal steins gate which hasnt been named yet. lets hope its good
May 16, 2022 10:46 AM

Feb 2022
Thank you all for the answers , from your all answers it's seems like ending is not sad so I'm gonna binge watch it.
And one more question in Beta time line Makise Kurisu died and Steins Gate 0 is continuation of Beta time line so does Makise Kurisu is not in Stein Gate 0?

May 16, 2022 12:02 PM
Jul 2021
aot does not have a sad ending, fans who say so are delusional. its really bad ending anyway, so i would not bother if i were you. steins gate 0 is not as good but i do think it's worth watching, the ending is great but up until that point it's just pretty all right. maybe play the VN instead since the anime cuts a lot of content.
May 16, 2022 12:11 PM
Sep 2021
I recently just finished every piece of Steins;Gate I could find and I have to say it's amazing. Steins Gate 0 has such a good ending it is definitely a must watch, although I wish I had watched Steins gate 0 before episode 23 of Steins Gate to maintain chronological order but it still doesn't take away from the amazing experience you definitely have to watch every OVA too
May 16, 2022 3:08 PM
Nov 2016
@SciADV_Maniac

Sorry for getting off-topic but I don’t want to create a new thread for this. Hey mate, I have a question regarding the Steins;Gate’s Author.

Did the author mention that it’s better to watch the anime of Steins;Gate in Release Order or Chronological Order? Can you (or someone) please provide the link to what the author said regarding this matter? I want to hear the author's opinion about this.

If someone else can answer my question I will appreciate it as well :)
May 16, 2022 5:30 PM
Jun 2020
If you just really want a happy ending, go for the deja vu. I still watch it sometimes, its sweet. Seins Gate 0 is painful for me since Okabe went through so much and ended with a bittersweet ending.
May 16, 2022 6:25 PM
Jun 2021
its not that complicated tbh people make it more complicated then it should be

if you've already watched steins;gate then you can just watch the "divide by zero" episode (its like 23 beta or somethin idk but you can probably just find it just by searching up the episode title or you can find it on funimation i think) and then just watch steins;gate 0 itll all make sense fairly quickly and if it doesnt then you can look at a timeline on reddit or sm so in conclusion

"divide by zero" episode

steins;gate zero (connects back to steins;gate so it doesnt really have a sad ending)

also the movie is non canon but pretty sure it has a happy ending
May 16, 2022 9:34 PM
May 2018
GreyratAnimelist said:
!SPOILER ALERT!

ENDING

QUESTION?

!!!THANK YOU!!!

Definitely watch Steins;Gate 0. It works really well with the original and is almost just as good imo. The sooner after the original you watch 0, the better. It’s not an alternate ending, just tells a story in between the pages I guess you could say.
May 16, 2022 9:50 PM

May 2016
xZabuzax said:
@SciADV_Maniac

Sorry for getting off-topic but I don’t want to create a new thread for this. Hey mate, I have a question regarding the Steins;Gate’s Author.

Did the author mention that it’s better to watch the anime of Steins;Gate in Release Order or Chronological Order? Can you (or someone) please provide the link to what the author said regarding this matter? I want to hear the author's opinion about this.

If he ever said something about this, I'm not aware of it :)
-
May 16, 2022 10:57 PM
Nov 2016
SciADV_Maniac said:
xZabuzax said:
@SciADV_Maniac

I see, I was under the impression that the author said something about it, I remember some people mentioning around here (or Reddit, can't remember) that the author said something about it but that was years ago, I don't even know if that was true so I wanted to make sure.

Alright, thanks mate :)
May 17, 2022 2:19 AM

May 2016
xZabuzax said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

I see, I was under the impression that the author said something about it, I remember some people mentioning around here (or Reddit, can't remember) that the author said something about it but that was years ago, I don't even know if that was true so I wanted to make sure.

We like to say that the author's intention is always the release order. There must be a reason why they released the VNs and the anime in this order
-
May 17, 2022 3:34 AM

Feb 2019
GreyratAnimelist said:
!SPOILER ALERT!

ENDING

The names of alpha and beta are the wrong way round, but you're correct. Although strictly speaking there are lots of little timelines due to all the changes they make with D-mail (e.g, making Ruka a woman, saving Faris's father, etc).

QUESTION?

!!!THANK YOU!!!

Neither is necessary. A lot of people have said things to the tune of "0 is needed to understand Steins;Gate fully," but that's completely incorrect, since the second instalment was never planned when the first was written. It's also incorrect that you have to interrupt S;G proper near the end and watch 0 in its entirety during that interval, that only ruins both shows, but you seem to have passed that bit so it's no longer something to watch out for.

Steins;Gate 0 is somewhat sadder throughout, but doesn't have a "sad ending," largely because it ties back into the ending of Steins;Gate proper. The show itself though is far less interesting, the movie is a far better experience, I'd advise going for that one instead, it's a much more upbeat and thematically apt experience.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
May 17, 2022 7:39 AM

Feb 2022
It look like @0451 you are a big fan of steins gate, can you tell me in time line where Mayuri Shiina died why Kurisu Makise joined SERN in future and developed time machine with SERN even though she knew SERN is evil?

May 17, 2022 7:51 AM

Jan 2018
GreyratAnimelist said:
It look like @0451 you are a big fan of steins gate, can you tell me in time line where Mayuri Shiina died why Kurisu Makise joined SERN in future and developed time machine with SERN even she knew SERN is evil?
It was explained in the episode itself iirc. But Mayuri was killed because she couldn’t contribute anything to the time machine research. If she lived then she'd be a major threat because she witnessed the rounders kidnapping her friends. It was easier to just kill her and force her friends to join them. In some worldlines Mayuri dies of natural causes. This is because of attractor fields aka her death was predetermined. This couldn’t be changed without undoing all the d-mails Okabe sent before. Kurisu didn’t join SERN by choice. She was forcibly taken. She was held captive in a research facility and forced to work for them. You might wonder why she didn’t kill herself instead of working for an evil organization that would cause the death of billions in the future. The answer is again, her death was predetermined. She couldn’t die before her time was up in the future. You can read more in the spin-off novel named The Distant Valhalla where Okabe didn’t time leap after the rounders killed Mayuri because in that worldline Suzuha didn’t buy them enough time to do so. So in that worldline Okabe, Kurisu and Daru actually join SERN and are forced to work for them. There's also a Suzuha focused spin-off manga that has a brief flashforward where Suzuha tries to assassinate "evil" Kurisu in the future. My memories are a bit hazy because I last read these stuff like half a decade ago so some details may be off.
May 17, 2022 8:10 AM

Jan 2018
Mooprs said:
aot does not have a sad ending, fans who say so are delusional. its really bad ending anyway, so i would not bother if i were you. steins gate 0 is not as good but i do think it's worth watching, the ending is great but up until that point it's just pretty all right. maybe play the VN instead since the anime cuts a lot of content.
We're talking about S;G not AoT.
GreyratAnimelist said:
Thank you all for the answers , from your all answers it's seems like ending is not sad so I'm gonna binge watch it.
And one more question in Beta time line Makise Kurisu died and Steins Gate 0 is continuation of Beta time line so does Makise Kurisu is not in Stein Gate 0?
Answering the question is basically a spoiler. I'll say just watch Episode 23 Beta and you'll see for yourself. And even watching Steins;Gate 0 you'll find several twists and surprises.

I see some people are recommending reading the VN. If you didn’t know, both S;G are based on visual novels and they're readily available for sale in English on Steam. If you can't buy them you can watch walkthroughs with no commentaries on YouTube for free and essentially get the same experience. They have voice acting and nice art as you'd expect from a High Quality VN. The adaptations cut a lot of content and I'd say the S;G0 anime isn't that great compared to the original anime adaptation-wise. You could read the complete VN and watch the last episode of 0 anime and still be perfectly fine (because the anime ending is slightly extended and considered canon). But if you only watch the anime, that's fine too. But it’s generally agreed upon that the visual novel is the superior experience because of more content, better pacing, less plotholes etc.

This part is completely optional.
Someone also mentioned Anonymous;Code and the upcoming spiritual sequel to Steins;Gate. They're visual novels and if you didn’t know Steins;Gate belongs to a wider universe called SciADV (science adventure). Some of them contain references to Steins;Gate like Robitics;Notes and have anime adaptations of their own. But sadly most of them range from mediocre to awful. Thankfully you don't need to watch them to understand Steins;Gate better. Steins;Gate works as a self-contained story perfectly fine. But if you can, you can try their source materials which are visual novels (Chaos;Head, Chaos;Child, Robotics;Notes Elite and Robotics;Notes DaSH are currently available).

Either way, don't make the experience more complicated for yourself, and avoid spoilers if possible. Have fun.
El Psy Kongroo.
0451May 17, 2022 8:45 AM
May 17, 2022 10:13 AM
Jul 2021
0451 said:
Mooprs said:
GreyratAnimelist said:
Answering the question is basically a spoiler. I'll say just watch Episode 23 Beta and you'll see for yourself. And even watching Steins;Gate 0 you'll find several twists and surprises.

I see some people are recommending reading the VN. If you didn’t know, both S;G are based on visual novels and they're readily available for sale in English on Steam. If you can't buy them you can watch walkthroughs with no commentaries on YouTube for free and essentially get the same experience. They have voice acting and nice art as you'd expect from a High Quality VN. The adaptations cut a lot of content and I'd say the S;G0 anime isn't that great compared to the original anime adaptation-wise. You could read the complete VN and watch the last episode of 0 anime and still be perfectly fine (because the anime ending is slightly extended and considered canon). But if you only watch the anime, that's fine too. But it’s generally agreed upon that the visual novel is the superior experience because of more content, better pacing, less plotholes etc.

Someone also mentioned Anonymous;Code and the upcoming spiritual sequel to Steins;Gate. They're visual novels and if you didn’t know Steins;Gate belongs to a wider universe called SciADV (science adventure). Some of them contain references to Steins;Gate like Robitics;Notes and have anime adaptations of their own. But sadly most of them range from mediocre to awful. Thankfully you don't need to watch them to understand Steins;Gate better. Steins;Gate works as a self-contained story perfectly fine. But if you can, you can try their source materials which are visual novels (Chaos;Head, Chaos;Child, Robotics;Notes Elite and Robotics;Notes DaSH are currently available).

Either way, don't make the experience more complicated for yourself, and avoid spoilers if possible. Have fun.
El Psy Kongroo.

I talked about it in just a couple sentences and so did OP quite fitting isnt it :)
May 17, 2022 10:27 AM

Jan 2018
Mooprs said:
0451 said:

El Psy Kongroo.

I talked about it in just a couple sentences and so did OP quite fitting isnt it :)
I see. Understandable.
May 17, 2022 10:45 AM

Feb 2022
0451 said:
GreyratAnimelist said:
It look like @0451 you are a big fan of steins gate, can you tell me in time line where Mayuri Shiina died why Kurisu Makise joined SERN in future and developed time machine with SERN even she knew SERN is evil?
It was explained in the episode itself iirc. But Mayuri was killed because she couldn’t contribute anything to the time machine research. If she lived then she'd be a major threat because she witnessed the rounders kidnapping her friends. It was easier to just kill her and force her friends to join them. In some worldlines Mayuri dies of natural causes. This is because of attractor fields aka her death was predetermined. This couldn’t be changed without undoing all the d-mails Okabe sent before. Kurisu didn’t join SERN by choice. She was forcibly taken. She was held captive in a research facility and forced to work for them. You might wonder why she didn’t kill herself instead of working for an evil organization that would cause the death of billions in the future. The answer is again, her death was predetermined. She couldn’t die before her time was up in the future. You can read more in the spin-off novel named The Distant Valhalla where Okabe didn’t time leap after the rounders killed Mayuri because in that worldline Suzuha didn’t buy them enough time to do so. So in that worldline Okabe, Kurisu and Daru actually join SERN and are forced to work for them. There's also a Suzuha focused spin-off manga that has a brief flashforward where Suzuha tries to assassinate "evil" Kurisu in the future. My memories are a bit hazy because I last read these stuff like half a decade ago so some details may be off.

Thank you for the explanation 😊

May 17, 2022 10:49 AM

Jan 2018
GreyratAnimelist said:
0451 said:

Thank you for the explanation 😊
Glad I could help. I updated my first comment btw. So please read it again.
May 17, 2022 7:13 PM
Nov 2016
SciADV_Maniac said:
xZabuzax said:

We like to say that the author's intention is always the release order. There must be a reason why they released the VNs and the anime in this order

Yeah, I 100% agree with you mate.
May 17, 2022 11:57 PM
May 2020
Steins;Gate 0 contributed in reaching the Steins;Gate world line, so without what happened there, there would be no happy ending in Steins;Gate. Its basically the story of the Okabe from the future, who sent this video back in time to the Okabe in Steins;Gate to open his eyes.
May 18, 2022 1:03 AM

May 2016
0451 said:
Mooprs said:
GreyratAnimelist said:

El Psy Kongroo.

Something in this comment is incorrect regarding Steins;Gate 0. Both of the VN and the anime is canon in 0's case, not just the VN and the anime's ending. This is due to the weird structure of the VN, where all routes are also canon. The anime is not the adaptation of the game, but an additional route to extend the VN. For the full experience, you need to read the VN and watch the anime in 0's case. This is the general consensus.

Also, since SciADV was mentioned, I'd like to add that the "most of them are range from mediocre to awful" is only true for the anime adaptations. The visual novels are on the same level as Steins;Gate (or they are even considered better, like Chaos;Child).

And it is really an interconnected story, with more connections and not just some small referenced. At least in the VN's case.
-
May 18, 2022 1:09 AM

Jan 2018
SciADV_Maniac said:
0451 said:

El Psy Kongroo.

Something in this comment is incorrect regarding Steins;Gate 0. Both of the VN and the anime is canon in 0's case, not just the VN and the anime's ending. This is due to the weird structure of the VN, where all routes are also canon. The anime is not the adaptation of the game, but an additional route to extend the VN. For the full experience, you need to read the VN and watch the anime in 0's case. This is the general consensus.

Also, since SciADV was mentioned, I'd like to add that the "most of them are range from mediocre to awful" is only true for the anime adaptations. The visual novels are on the same level as Steins;Gate (or they are even considered better, like Chaos;Child).

And it is really an interconnected story, with more connections and not just some small referenced. At least in the VN's case.
Thanks for the correction. And yes I meant the anime adaptions. And afaik Robotics;Notes have some returning characters from Steins;Gate. I'm not sure about the others.
May 18, 2022 1:22 AM

May 2016
0451 said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

Thanks for the correction. And yes I meant the anime adaptions. And afaik Robotics;Notes have some returning characters from Steins;Gate. I'm not sure about the others.

Spoilers for R;N, C;C and DaSH:

-
May 18, 2022 8:18 AM
Apr 2022
GreyratAnimelist said:
!SPOILER ALERT!

ENDING

QUESTION?

!!!THANK YOU!!!

This question can't be answer without spoilers obviously but the order of watch are as following
1: Steins Gate(Ep 1-24) E25 is not canon but still enjoyable and tells the aftermath of ep 24
2: Steins Gate: Missing Link (23b) is an alternative ending to episode 23 of original Steins Gate and must be watch before Steins Gate 0
3: Steins Gate 0 (Ep 1-23)

There's also OVA of SG0 but it's also not canon to main story but if you want to watch it regardless then feel free to do so.

Steins Gate Deja Vu Movie is also again, non canon and can be watch whenever you want to do, tho imo it's best watch after the original series before going to SG0
May 18, 2022 9:57 AM

May 2016
Raph03 said:
GreyratAnimelist said:
!SPOILER ALERT!

ENDING

QUESTION?

!!!THANK YOU!!!

This question can't be answer without spoilers obviously but the order of watch are as following
1: Steins Gate(Ep 1-24) E25 is not canon but still enjoyable and tells the aftermath of ep 24
2: Steins Gate: Missing Link (23b) is an alternative ending to episode 23 of original Steins Gate and must be watch before Steins Gate 0
3: Steins Gate 0 (Ep 1-23)

There's also OVA of SG0 but it's also not canon to main story but if you want to watch it regardless then feel free to do so.

Steins Gate Deja Vu Movie is also again, non canon and can be watch whenever you want to do, tho imo it's best watch after the original series before going to SG0

0 OVA is canon. It takes place between episodes 11 and 12, and a bit after 13 with a time skip.

Holy Day of Calamitous Birth is the official canon after story by the way
-
May 20, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2022
GreyratAnimelist said:
!SPOILER ALERT!

ENDING

QUESTION?

!!!THANK YOU!!!

Steins;Gate 0 has one of the greatest endings of all time and it'll make you like the first Steins;Gate even more. That's all i can say, you should definitely watch it, but first watch the Missing Link episode.
May 20, 2022 11:59 AM
Nov 2016
ROMARIOkkkk said:
Steins;Gate 0 has one of the greatest endings of all time and it'll make you like the first Steins;Gate even more. That's all i can say, you should definitely watch it, but first watch the Missing Link episode.

Steins;Gate 0 did make me like the first Steins;Gate even more but only because of how disappointed I was with Steins;Gate 0. It made me realize how bad Steins;Gate 0 is and how awesome the first Steins;Gate is and how we will never have another time-traveling anime as good as Steins;Gate. It's a miracle how Steins;Gate turned out to be this damn good.

BTW, I don't even consider Steins;Gate 0 a time-traveling anime, I consider it a boring Slice of Life anime for the most part.
May 20, 2022 2:41 PM
Mar 2022
xZabuzax said:
ROMARIOkkkk said:

Steins;Gate 0 did make me like the first Steins;Gate even more but only because of how disappointed I was with Steins;Gate 0. It made me realize how bad Steins;Gate 0 is and how awesome the first Steins;Gate is and how we will never have another time-traveling anime as good as Steins;Gate. It's a miracle how Steins;Gate turned out to be this damn good.

BTW, I don't even consider Steins;Gate 0 a time-traveling anime, I consider it a boring Slice of Life anime for the most part.
Naah, the last episodes were just perfect, everything tied perfectly well and made me love the first one a lot more. But yes, S;G 0 has its problems, but sticking with it till the end was totally worth it
May 20, 2022 6:38 PM
Nov 2016
ROMARIOkkkk said:
xZabuzax said:

Naah, the last episodes were just perfect, everything tied perfectly well and made me love the first one a lot more. But yes, S;G 0 has its problems, but sticking with it till the end was totally worth it

Fair enough, I don't agree with your opinion but I respect your opinion about it.

Not everything was bad about Steins;Gate 0, I did like episodes 1, 8, 13, 19, and 21 but as a whole, I don't consider Steins;Gate 0 a good anime, I consider it a mediocre anime with a couple of good episodes, nothing more, nothing less.

Even a crappy anime like Boruto can have a couple of good episodes but that doesn't make Boruto a good anime either, that's my same reasoning with Steins;Gate 0.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.