Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2022 7:45 PM
Aug 2021
So, this thread is still going on the guy who started this thread even deleted his own account lol.
Ripper_30 said:

you are a house of Contradiction. You shit on people who uses dragon Ball's influence" as an argument to prove that Dragon Ball is best
Yes ,I hate the people who uses influence as an argument instead of proving the actual quality.
yet cling to the notion that everything which comes later is better automatically.
Not everything try to understand what I'm trying to say I just said that it's been 30 years or so of course there will be better shounen than dragon ball I said like that because Toriyama started it as a gag manga he never intent to make some masterpiece level of work.I never mean to say all the works my statement was only for dragon ball.
I still think that new works have the chance of being better older works because new author can take inspiration from old works and can perfected it but that goes to how capable the author is because although there are many new shounen in the recent years but still most of them are not that good.

Do you not see Hypocrisy in your arguments? Are you telling me Kuroku No Basuke is better than Slam Dunk?
No, Kuroko no Basket is not better than slam dunk because although Slam dunk is old anime and manga but the writting level is really high to notice that people don't even have to be critical. Slam dunk belong from sports genre where there are many great sports manga but they are not getting anime adaption.So, in term of manga although slam dunk is one of the best I won't comment some stupid comments like it is the best manga of all time because I can already name some sports manga on the same level as slam dunk if you are only taking about Basketball only I can only think of one manga which is not Kuroko no basket I'm taking about Real but even Real is also done by the same mangaka as slam dunk lol.

Since I already said that there are not many good sports adaptation in the recent year only great sports anime I can think of is Haikyuu.

Maybe my comment was not clear I was trying to say that there are higher chance but not gurantee.

Now, I'm regretting that I even comment on this thread writting paragraph after paragraph wasting time for a burner account who have even deleted his account. Recently there are many similar thread about dragon ball and all of them are done by alternative account I'm even doubting that all of them belong to the same guy lol.
May 19, 2022 2:26 PM
Dec 2021
Maybe because DBZ isn't deep at all? Lol.
May 21, 2022 4:39 AM
Jul 2017
Zokzon said:
So, this thread is still going on the guy who started this thread even deleted his own account lol.
Ripper_30 said:

you are a house of Contradiction. You shit on people who uses dragon Ball's influence" as an argument to prove that Dragon Ball is best
Yes ,I hate the people who uses influence as an argument instead of proving the actual quality.
yet cling to the notion that everything which comes later is better automatically.
Not everything try to understand what I'm trying to say I just said that it's been 30 years or so of course there will be better shounen than dragon ball I said like that because Toriyama started it as a gag manga he never intent to make some masterpiece level of work.I never mean to say all the works my statement was only for dragon ball.
I still think that new works have the chance of being better older works because new author can take inspiration from old works and can perfected it but that goes to how capable the author is because although there are many new shounen in the recent years but still most of them are not that good.

Do you not see Hypocrisy in your arguments? Are you telling me Kuroku No Basuke is better than Slam Dunk?
No, Kuroko no Basket is not better than slam dunk because although Slam dunk is old anime and manga but the writting level is really high to notice that people don't even have to be critical. Slam dunk belong from sports genre where there are many great sports manga but they are not getting anime adaption.So, in term of manga although slam dunk is one of the best I won't comment some stupid comments like it is the best manga of all time because I can already name some sports manga on the same level as slam dunk if you are only taking about Basketball only I can only think of one manga which is not Kuroko no basket I'm taking about Real but even Real is also done by the same mangaka as slam dunk lol.

Since I already said that there are not many good sports adaptation in the recent year only great sports anime I can think of is Haikyuu.

Maybe my comment was not clear I was trying to say that there are higher chance but not gurantee.

Now, I'm regretting that I even comment on this thread writting paragraph after paragraph wasting time for a burner account who have even deleted his account. Recently there are many similar thread about dragon ball and all of them are done by alternative account I'm even doubting that all of them belong to the same guy lol.

BettertastethenU said:
Ripper_30 said:

Wrong, Toriyama planned Freeza arc since way back when he was writing 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, it's evident by both the manga and interviews. And this was THE MEAT of the story. Stop downplaying Dragon Ball to prop HxH. Again, more deeper ≠ Better, Hunter X Hunter had 2 good arcs and even then, one of them was full of so much superfluous content. Hell, the Journey to Chimera Ant is painful one cuz Togashi added Greed Island which was one of the most boring stories ever told. You are confusing convulated and contrived for deep.

EDIT: Togashi himself isn't some planner, Chimera Ant arc came outta nowhere literally.

He’s literally on record for admitting he writes on the spot it’s fact. I never said he has never planned anything per say but if admitted that I’m willing to say about 80% of things we’re what he was feeling that week. He’s also literally said he’s forgotten characters as he was writing the series lol. Also I don’t think HXH is better just because it’s deeper written. I think it’s better because it’s overall better written in most aspects, better power system, better music, better written villains, and a much better anime. That’s your opinion on arcs I do think greed island and Hunter exams were a slog at some points but had some great moments. Also one of the best arcs in all of anime that being the chimera ant arc is a significant chunk of the story that 60 episodes. Just because chimera ant arc came out of nowhere which not really because that’s dishonest on your end because in the actual arc itself has a lot of intricate things to set up everything in it plus Kite does a whole expository dialogue on what chimera ants even are. Lastly why would I put dbz down to bring HXH up LOL, I really enjoy DBZ and have some nostalgia for it, it’s literally an 8 on my mal this is my first time in really talking about dbz in this matter. All in all stop being a fanboy.

He didn't forget anyone, that "he forgot Lunch" is a debunked meme. Bro brought up Music in a discussion about writing 😭😭

Power system is just more detailed, not better. It's essentially the same as ki but with more rules.

Kite was shown once in chapter 1 then never mentioned again until it was convenient and they tried to imply that Gon got some offscreen bonding from the 2 minutes long interaction he had with him as a child which consisted on him scolding Gon then meeting him years later in Chimera Ant arc. Even Kishimoto did a better job of establishing the bond between Student-teacher in form of Naruto and Jiraya. They make it a big – fucking – deal about Gon losing his offscreen master 🥺 When we rarely see them have that many interaction. Plus, there's so many writing flaws but I don't expect Hunter X Hunter fans to understand.
May 21, 2022 3:32 PM
Apr 2021
Ripper_30 said:
Zokzon said:

BettertastethenU said:

He’s literally on record for admitting he writes on the spot it’s fact. I never said he has never planned anything per say but if admitted that I’m willing to say about 80% of things we’re what he was feeling that week. He’s also literally said he’s forgotten characters as he was writing the series lol. Also I don’t think HXH is better just because it’s deeper written. I think it’s better because it’s overall better written in most aspects, better power system, better music, better written villains, and a much better anime. That’s your opinion on arcs I do think greed island and Hunter exams were a slog at some points but had some great moments. Also one of the best arcs in all of anime that being the chimera ant arc is a significant chunk of the story that 60 episodes. Just because chimera ant arc came out of nowhere which not really because that’s dishonest on your end because in the actual arc itself has a lot of intricate things to set up everything in it plus Kite does a whole expository dialogue on what chimera ants even are. Lastly why would I put dbz down to bring HXH up LOL, I really enjoy DBZ and have some nostalgia for it, it’s literally an 8 on my mal this is my first time in really talking about dbz in this matter. All in all stop being a fanboy.

He didn't forget anyone, that "he forgot Lunch" is a debunked meme. Bro brought up Music in a discussion about writing 😭😭

Power system is just more detailed, not better. It's essentially the same as ki but with more rules.

Kite was shown once in chapter 1 then never mentioned again until it was convenient and they tried to imply that Gon got some offscreen bonding from the 2 minutes long interaction he had with him as a child which consisted on him scolding Gon then meeting him years later in Chimera Ant arc. Even Kishimoto did a better job of establishing the bond between Student-teacher in form of Naruto and Jiraya. They make it a big – fucking – deal about Gon losing his offscreen master 🥺 When we rarely see them have that many interaction. Plus, there's so many writing flaws but I don't expect Hunter X Hunter fans to understand.

I looked it up and it is a myth. On the Kite thing I think that’s a shallow and somewhat ignorant argument. To begin Kite and Gon technically spent 2 or 3 months together from the moment they met again now did we see a lot of that no, but does it make more sense as to why Gon was more emotionally distraught yeah and I’ll expand more why it makes sense. Next in the first chapter in the manga Kite essentially revealed to Gon that his dad is alive and still a Hunter so he finds out two things that are essentially his main goals in the story not to mention he literally saved his life. The power system isn’t worth even arguing about lol HXH power system is just so much deeper and limitless that was honestly a funny a weak defense you used by saying it’s just ki but more rules, did you even want or read HXH? Stop being a dbz fanboy please DBZ is good but no one should be trying to argue it’s better written than something like HXH.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 225 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.