Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 12, 2022 11:03 PM
Jan 2022
I am a big fan of Higurashi series and I greatly enjoyed the 2006 Higurashi series.But this new 2020 Higurashi sequel is not at all comparable to old series.Some may argue here but I would just suggest to just check the rating of old Higurashi and this 2020 Higurashi.Now I see many people say that 2006 Higurashi has dated animation and art which I dont agree but still people who dont want to watch older series coz of dated art then I would suggest to watch Summertime Render.This anime has taken huge inspiration from higurashi and its plot is very similar to Higurashi.This anime has one of the best animation and art
EDIT: After reading manga ending for Summertime render,I now believe that Summertime render is no where near Higurashi 2006 and People should watch Higurashi and not this cheap imitation.
gamiboMay 17, 2022 5:55 AM
May 13, 2022 3:29 AM
Jul 2021
gamibo said:
I am a big fan of Higurashi series and I greatly enjoyed the 2006 Higurashi series.But this new 2020 Higurashi sequel is not at all comparable to old series.Some may argue here but I would just suggest to just check the rating of old Higurashi and this 2020 Higurashi.Now I see many people say that 2006 Higurashi has dated animation and art which I dont agree but still people who dont want to watch older series coz of dated art then I would suggest to watch Summertime Render.This anime has taken huge inspiration from higurashi and its plot is very similar to Higurashi.This anime has one of the best animation and art.Watch it but remember that Summertime Render took inspiration from great Higurashi not the other way around and I will still consider Higurashi as the better anime.

Summer time render took inspiration mostly from erased and re zero, the author said so himself. But the old higurashi is a masterpiece
May 13, 2022 6:14 PM
Sep 2021
Both 2006 and 2020/2021 higurashi have the same flaws people are just blinded by nostlagia, Kind of like 03 FMA and the recent one being the difference is the ending
May 14, 2022 9:32 AM
Jan 2022
Saimatsu_Fan said:
Both 2006 and 2020/2021 higurashi have the same flaws people are just blinded by nostlagia, Kind of like 03 FMA and the recent one being the difference is the ending
2020 Higurashi was NOT a remake of 2006 Higurashi..So you would expect 2020 Higurashi to get similar rating as 2006 because of nostalgia but it did not.Coz 2020 Higurashi was below average.2006 Higurashi was truly great.
May 14, 2022 5:39 PM
May 2022
Higurashi (2020) was alright for me. Not bad but not good either. I did enjoy watching it though and the mystery was interesting. Just the follow up completely destroyed everything imo.
May 15, 2022 4:29 AM
Jul 2020
Gou was good. Sotsu just shit the bed at the end.

The original Higurashi was good too, it just looks like shit. But tbh most anime did in 2006.
May 16, 2022 11:21 PM

Jun 2019
Saimatsu_Fan said:

The original Higurashi series of 2006 was an absolutely epic and phenomenal experience in every respect and I didn't even watch it or even know of its existence for the first time until May of 2019, so I have zero time-based or childhood nostalgia associated with it and this is a false generalization. Plenty of people could watch the series brand new today for the first time and be blown away by it in many aspects. It's definitely not just "nostalgia". It's just that truly amazing works of art in anime, as in every other medium, stand the test of time. If someone watches a truly great series and then five or 10 or 15 or 20 years pass and they still consider it truly great, their viewpoint definitely shouldn't be trivialized or written off and dismissed as "just nostalgia", as evidenced by the fact that new people years later are still discovering it and absolutely loving it to the same extent and degree.

This argument that people just like the things they like due to nostalgia is surprisingly popular, but in my experience it's very false. It's quality that is the main determining factor for me and many other people - not when you watched something or how long ago you watched it. I watched many things in childhood and years ago I don't have a high opinion of and didn't even like all that much at the time. There are anime series I watched several years before Higurashi that I dropped or rated lower, but by this line of thinking, I should be nostalgic for them?
WatchTillTandavaMay 16, 2022 11:27 PM
May 17, 2022 4:44 AM
Sep 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

The original Higurashi series of 2006 was an absolutely epic and phenomenal experience in every respect and I didn't even watch it or even know of its existence for the first time until May of 2019, so I have zero time-based or childhood nostalgia associated with it and this is a false generalization. Plenty of people could watch the series brand new today for the first time and be blown away by it in many aspects. It's definitely not just "nostalgia". It's just that truly amazing works of art in anime, as in every other medium, stand the test of time. If someone watches a truly great series and then five or 10 or 15 or 20 years pass and they still consider it truly great, their viewpoint definitely shouldn't be trivialized or written off and dismissed as "just nostalgia", as evidenced by the fact that new people years later are still discovering it and absolutely loving it to the same extent and degree.

This argument that people just like the things they like due to nostalgia is surprisingly popular, but in my experience it's very false. It's quality that is the main determining factor for me and many other people - not when you watched something or how long ago you watched it. I watched many things in childhood and years ago I don't have a high opinion of and didn't even like all that much at the time. There are anime series I watched several years before Higurashi that I dropped or rated lower, but by this line of thinking, I should be nostalgic for them?

I wasn't even denying that it's good, i meant that that gou/sotsu is also great and people overrate 2006 one IN COMPARISON to the 2020/2021 ones
Jun 7, 2022 3:49 PM
Jan 2020
gamibo said:
I am a big fan of Higurashi series and I greatly enjoyed the 2006 Higurashi series.But this new 2020 Higurashi sequel is not at all comparable to old series.Some may argue here but I would just suggest to just check the rating of old Higurashi and this 2020 Higurashi.Now I see many people say that 2006 Higurashi has dated animation and art which I dont agree but still people who dont want to watch older series coz of dated art then I would suggest to watch Summertime Render.This anime has taken huge inspiration from higurashi and its plot is very similar to Higurashi.This anime has one of the best animation and art
EDIT: After reading manga ending for Summertime render,I now believe that Summertime render is no where near Higurashi 2006 and People should watch Higurashi and not this cheap imitation.
wtf kinda turn around is that. lamo summer time rneder is better than higurashi by far
Jun 7, 2022 3:56 PM

Feb 2016
Why are we still talking about this? They both suck. Higurashi has never been good.
その目だれの目?
Jun 12, 2022 3:41 AM
Jan 2022
Phoenixfalconer said:
gamibo said:
wtf kinda turn around is that. lamo summer time rneder is better than higurashi by far
Turnaround was bcoz earlier I hadnt read Summertime manga ending,I was recommending based on current Summertime anime..But after reading the ending,Its just not possible to recommend Summertime Render over Higurashi..But Summertime anime has been fantastic till now so maybe anime can improve over manga
Jun 12, 2022 4:07 AM
Jan 2022
tobythesandwich said:

The original Higurashi was good too, it just looks like shit. But tbh most anime did in 2006.
Not to fight but just want to know your opinion on 2020 Keichi vs 2006 Keichi? Did u find any difference between these two if u truly loved Higurashi 2006? In 2020 Higurashi they completely changed Keichi's artstyle i.e literally his whole face ,it wouldnt have hurt much if they hadnt also changed his japanese voice making his voice sound like a 9 year old childish brat..Other characters artstyle was also changed but not to that degree + other characters voices remained same....Fun Fact:Voice of 2020 Keichi sounds different but voice actor was still the SAME.The 2020 anime intentionally made Keichi character more childish thru changed artstyle and voice
Jun 12, 2022 5:22 AM
Jul 2020
gamibo said:
tobythesandwich said:

Not to fight but just want to know your opinion on 2020 Keichi vs 2006 Keichi? Did u find any difference between these two if u truly loved Higurashi 2006? In 2020 Higurashi they completely changed Keichi's artstyle i.e literally his whole face ,it wouldnt have hurt much if they hadnt also changed his japanese voice making his voice sound like a 9 year old childish brat..Other characters artstyle was also changed but not to that degree + other characters voices remained same....Fun Fact:Voice of 2020 Keichi sounds different but voice actor was still the SAME.The 2020 anime intentionally made Keichi character more childish thru changed artstyle and voice

Eh things change. The art style as a whole of Gou/Sotsu was different than the original series. Hell the art style between When They Cry and Rei was different. It evolved as the show went on.

Sound? Eh. I don’t think I have a preference there. I was never big on his character to begin with. The voice thing didn’t bother me that much though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.