Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Grand Blue Dreaming
Available on Manga Store
New
Which is better, anime or manga?
May 8, 2022 5:20 AM
Jul 2021
The fandom to me seems pretty much set on the manga being better than the anime. i have recently started reading the manga from the beginning, even tho I've been a fan of the anime since it first came out. I just wanted to give my opinion on it first. I believe the manga is certainly better than the anime, the most obvious reason is the art. However I don't think calling the adaptation bad, is fair. The anime is a really good adaptation, the faces and comedic timing are on point, and the voice acting enhances the comedy a lot more. The music in the anime to me seemed great as well, the opening is a banger. The characters in the manga are better drawn, as I mentioned before, the manga's art is way better. Even so, the anime nailed the faces, and delivered some punchlines better than the manga. While I know the result of the poll, I'm still gonna ask just in case. I would appreciate if you could elaborate your answer further in the replies.
May 8, 2022 5:21 AM

Jan 2021
Grand Blue manga just feels so much better just because of the amazing art

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

May 8, 2022 5:25 AM
May 2021
Well, I have given both of them same score.So, yeah both of them are on the same level for me.
May 8, 2022 5:28 AM
Dec 2021
i finished watching grand blue like a week ago, i enjoyed it so much that i decided to buy all the volumes, I'm glad I did cuz until now from what I've seen it's even better, but i still think that it was a really good adaptation even though it doesn't reach the level of the manga.
May 8, 2022 5:49 AM

Jul 2021
The manga is visually a lot better but I did still get some laughs from the anime though.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 8, 2022 6:11 AM

Nov 2021
DrBalls said:
The fandom to me seems pretty much set on the manga being better than the anime. i have recently started reading the manga from the beginning, even tho I've been a fan of the anime since it first came out. I just wanted to give my opinion on it first. I believe the manga is certainly better than the anime, the most obvious reason is the art. However I don't think calling the adaptation bad, is fair. The anime is a really good adaptation, the faces and comedic timing are on point, and the voice acting enhances the comedy a lot more. The music in the anime to me seemed great as well, the opening is a banger. The characters in the manga are better drawn, as I mentioned before, the manga's art is way better. Even so, the anime nailed the faces, and delivered some punchlines better than the manga. While I know the result of the poll, I'm still gonna ask just in case. I would appreciate if you could elaborate your answer further in the replies.

No one said the adaptation is bad it's just not as good as the manga which is very common.
Simple.
May 8, 2022 6:12 AM

Jan 2021
Both are equally as good in my opinion cause I enjoyed them both.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 8, 2022 6:23 AM
Jul 2021
Pred8r said:
DrBalls said:

No one said the adaptation is bad it's just not as good as the manga which is very common.
Simple.

I've actually seen quite a lot of people say it's a bad adaptation all over social media. Of course the majority just agrees that the manga is better, but there are those who dismiss the good aspects of the anime entirely.
May 8, 2022 6:30 AM

Dec 2020
I have read the manga and I have to say comedy and everything abt this show just gets better. You just cannot hate any characters. Kitahara, Kohei, Azusa, chisa everyone just gets better. Its really sad that we still haven't got any info abt S2. So if you have finished the anime I totally suggest you to read the manga.
May 8, 2022 7:03 AM

Nov 2021
DrBalls said:
Pred8r said:

Simple.

I've actually seen quite a lot of people say it's a bad adaptation all over social media. Of course the majority just agrees that the manga is better, but there are those who dismiss the good aspects of the anime entirely.
I see...
I personally liked the adaptation it was really good
(It's in my favs too)
May 8, 2022 8:43 AM

May 2019
I don’t like that the manga starts developing into a harem show. One of the main jokes in grand blue is how big a piece of shit iori and his friends are, yet about every girl in the show somehow falls in love with him.
"Equivalent exchange. I'll give half of my life to you, if you give half of your life to me."
May 8, 2022 8:51 AM
Jul 2021
MR-GOD said:
I don’t like that the manga starts developing into a harem show. One of the main jokes in grand blue is how big a piece of shit iori and his friends are, yet about every girl in the show somehow falls in love with him.

I don't know what you're referring to. We see Iori develop very nicely in the manga. The girls start liking him more as a person due to his actions and how considerate he is of their feelings. Besides, every series, comedy or not, needs a storyline, the author saw it fit to slowly turn it into a romance. Tbh I prefer what happens after the events of the anime more, the writing gets a lot better and there's a lot more character development than at the start, makes the series much more immersive.
May 8, 2022 10:05 AM
Apr 2020
NoBoDY-5 said:
Well, I have given both of them same score.So, yeah both of them are on the same level for me.

hahaha look at you what a guy nah you are good you are the greatest among all for having an average scor of 5. Congratulations, you are the best
May 8, 2022 10:14 AM
May 2021
monkeydpic said:
NoBoDY-5 said:

hahaha look at you what a guy nah you are good you are the greatest among all for having an average scor of 5. Congratulations, you are the best
Thank you man I'm trying my best to maintain it :)
May 8, 2022 11:00 AM
May 2021
anime is better, but the manga has funnier arcs so:
PLEASE GIVE US SEASON 2
May 9, 2022 3:20 AM

Mar 2020
tbh they both kinda the same,I like manga more cuz it has more content but ngl I would like the anime more if it had the same amount of content with better animation
May 9, 2022 3:25 AM
May 2020
The anime and manga were both amazing
May 9, 2022 5:24 AM

Aug 2018
i've tried reading a few chapters of grand blue before, and it's definitely better than the anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

204 by xJaceFace »»
Yesterday, 2:27 PM

» Why the Characters here don't seem to attend their college classes like they do in high school.

JiangHaoyi1979 - Sep 7, 2018

14 by Jameessmith »»
Apr 20, 12:21 AM

» News and Big Event

Omarumba - Mar 1

24 by erdemba59 »»
Apr 7, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

66 by DebiPS »»
Mar 7, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Grand Blue Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

85 by aod-kun »»
Feb 25, 2:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.