Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 7, 2022 1:54 AM
Mar 2021
I'm just starting the series and was wondering why the anime had a better rating for pretty much all of the seasons. For most series it's the opposite so I found this weird to see. I usually prefer reading the manga for long series and watch some of the best parts in the anime (I did this for One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach.) Is it worth just watching the anime all the way through?
May 7, 2022 5:18 AM

Jun 2020
A major reason would be the voice acting, which is very obviously absent in the manga. Gintama features some really good voice acting performances. Probably there are more reasons, I don't know.
Jun 27, 2022 6:30 AM
Jan 2021
Probably because In the manga it's very good but people probably thought it started off slow so they dropped it and gave it a lower rating. I still prefer the anime but if you want you can read the manga.
Jun 27, 2022 9:04 AM

Jan 2021
I have not read much of the manga but just to let you know, the anime is way too good. Its might be due to the brilliant voice acting. The OSTs are awesome as well and pretty creative for some parts. The jokes, parodies and references all work way better in anime format. Breaking the 4th wall is more hilarious in the anime. There are some fillers and some other episode here and there that completely break the 4th wall and talk about the anime industry and Gintama sales etc which work better in the anime. Anime also has good pacing and good animation when needed.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Dec 22, 2022 12:28 PM
Apr 2018
It has a LOT of dialogue making the read a hard one, I guess that's why some people rated it low.I love both the anime and the manga,but overall I think the anime offers a better experience
Jan 3, 2023 2:58 AM

Jun 2020
This is one of the few cases where anime is better than the manga. Incredible Voice acting makes the show way more funnier. Also the show has one of the best soundtracks in all of anime AND incredible animation as well. The manga on the other hand is great as well, but the artstyle is a bit whacky and the jokes work better in the anime form imo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 487 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 26, 2014

6 by GreatestSaltboy »»
Apr 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』| SPYAIR

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Shura』| DOES

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:00 AM

» Gintama, the popularity vote has started! Who will you vote for?

kihel - Dec 18, 2023

2 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 142 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 1, 2011

3 by tcandy19 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.