Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2022 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
I like how Avan acts like their mentor in this mission.

Felt more like a buildup episode and I still find Myst-Vearn untrustworthy. Zaboera is even more creepy with his weird laugh and ambitions. He seems like one of those guys with a twisted personaity and ego.
May 6, 2022 6:07 PM

Dec 2020
Transition episode again but really well done

- The grand cross scene was great
- Hayashi's ost was great again
- Zaboera plays his Trump and is a true threat.
- A tent / picnic rest scene like in any RPG is fun to watch.
- Dai and sensei scene is touching
- Avan and Hyunckel farewell scene is touching
- And Popp is touching Maam !

Next episode will be really cool.
Le-ConteurMay 6, 2022 6:18 PM
May 6, 2022 7:42 PM
Sep 2015
Avan's elemental slash is already his signature but his new feather item is in another level of elegant. And only he has a courage to picnic in a Vearn palace.

Not only Vearn is powerful, but he also has many interesting servants, the new servant kinda look like the old dark army palace that Dai destroy with sword of Dai.

I've come to admire Zaboera for sticking to his cunning plan until the end. Even when he's cornered, he still use his ally as a shield.
May 6, 2022 7:47 PM
Oct 2016
Our heroes navigating through the Dark King palace is much easier than expected. I think Avan hit the nail on the head, one long straightforward path that way Vearn knows exactly where they'll be coming from. Like a funnel sending them directly to him with no surprises. They can't try different routes or tactics the heroes must simply head right for him no matter what traps lay ahead on this straight path. Which makes Avan go to scout some traps with Leona. I really liked him handing over those feathers to her, knowing his power is a fraction of what it once was Avan doesn't have much left in him to assist the younger heroes. Leona offers the best way to use those amplifying feathers in the future to both heal wounds and restore magic power. While the main group of heroes rests before going further into the palace things looked almost wrapped up down on the surface. Until the epitome of cowardice himself Zaboera pulled another trick out of his ass. Forever keeping his hands clean no matter what. Restoring so far as to kill his own troops so they can be synthesized into a new zombie beast.
May 6, 2022 7:47 PM

Jun 2015
Pop touching Maam was more absurd in the manga. Here it didn't make much sense why she'd get so angry. Also, there was no chase in the manga, giving the bottom right panel a break of expectation
May 6, 2022 8:26 PM

Feb 2019
Lol is that a giant Fucking frieza ??

So proud of Popp for being so strong now. Dude has the power of 6 mages, insane growth.
May 6, 2022 8:31 PM
Apr 2021
Yeah another transition episode not too bad tho, the Superior Being Zombie looks like a major problem. I hope Crocodine and Lon Beruk and the others can handle it.

Freaking Nova looked crazy in the preview for next episode what the heck is he doing?!

Good news tho, got my little sister to finally start Dragon Quest she’s in for a wild ride ;)
May 6, 2022 8:32 PM
Apr 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Lol is that a giant Fucking frieza ??

So proud of Popp for being so strong now. Dude has the power of 6 mages, insane growth.

Lol dude I thought the same thing hella frieza vibes
May 7, 2022 2:08 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 7, 2022 3:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
kek Avan really doing a picnic inside of the enemy castle. Dang that feather looks so handful. But seems like Avan is about to do something great, but don't know for sure what kind of wizardry he'll do next. So yeah its about time everyone takes a little break and lets change the side of the battle view first to Zaboera and people on the ground...

Super Being Zombie, Zaboera won't just surrender! Then the preview kinda giving me a bad feeling. Hopefully its not....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 7, 2022 5:29 AM

Nov 2020
Is important to save the game and restore MP/HP before moving forward into enemy territory, xDDD, Avan is unique.

Battle with Zaboera begins.
-Hyunckel-May 7, 2022 5:32 AM
May 7, 2022 5:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahaha resting in the middle of the enemy's castle xD Though it seems like things will be difficult next because of Zaboera
May 7, 2022 8:12 AM

Sep 2018
Well nothing to say for this episode, another transition (and the last of this arc) episode. Next 4 episodes will be much better for sure :3
Btw, Halo Arc will end in 4 more episodes. 15 eps for this arc, quite long, maybe longest. I guess there will be 15 for the next: Blood Fight Arc and 4-5 eps for the last: Flash of Light Arc. Total episodes: 99 or 100, for damn sure! XD
Edit: I've just re-checked the manga, Halo Arc and Blood Fight Arc are indeed the longest: 50 and 51 chaps! :3
DragonKnight92May 7, 2022 8:43 AM
May 7, 2022 9:13 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hyunckel continues to hold the rear after unleashing his Grand Cross basically saying "You shall not pass!!!" Meanwhile Dai's party takes a break inside of Vearn's palace while Avan and Leona decide to go on ahead and check for traps. On the surface however, Mystervearn decides to return to King Vearn's side leaving Zaboera behind to deal with the allied forces. In a moment of desperation Zaboera activates a spell to make himself a superior being using all of the fallen monsters leaving the allied forces to deal with an abomination type of monster.
May 7, 2022 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
that is right Dai Physical Power is not everything since Mental Power like Knowledge and Pure Heart are important too like Avan has

time for Nova and others to fight this Superior Zombie Being that Zoebera is piloting
May 7, 2022 1:17 PM

Jun 2015
Lol, poor Popp. Im pretty sure he likes getting beat on my Mamm at this point. Although the ultimate superior beast at then end is looking pretty ominous for the rest of the team fighting!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 22, 2022 12:48 PM

Dec 2018
avan told her she can replace him...is he planning to go out in a flash of glory again? i also thought dude looked like freiza a little.
Aug 13, 2022 1:29 PM

Mar 2010
Gonna be nice to see leona finally be merely more than just a 1 hit wonder. But damn avan do seem OP now.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 23, 2022 6:34 AM
Oct 2019
bruhh the disrespect having picnic inside Vearn Palace LMAO

wait, why Avan giving those feather to Leona? something sus here.

also i like how everyone wait for Mystervearn to leave and also wait Zaboera to transform lol
Classic Troupe that doesn't age very well.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.