Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 3, 2022 8:27 PM
Dec 2021
I just wanna share a theory i came up with. Please do note that i have little to no knowledge of the source material as i have only watched the anime.
(I also might be wrong with some details)

There might be spoilers

The theory is that Satella is Emilia that came to the past.

First of all in the season 2 part 2 in the part when pandora was trying to open the gate Emilia seems to have copied Pandora's power and rewrite what was happening (the power of copying powers seems fitting for a witch of envy). This must be a reason why Satella was able to come into the past for reasons i will discuss later on. Also the witch of envy with the power of copying powers might have copied Echidna and created the gospel that witch cultist use.

I think that the reason why Satella came into the past was to save Subaru. In Satella's original timeline the kid Emilia being tasked with a choice of opening the gate or not decides to open the gates and not deliver her promise with mother Fortuna. The gates opens which i think is a gate towards Subarus world. Sometime later Subaru may have gone into the gate, met Emilia, and you know (love each other?). This could match the reasons why Satella likes Subaru even if our mc have never met her. When Satella also said the reasons why she likes Subaru it is mentioned that Subaru showed her the outside world.

Continuing on, Subaru may have died in the timeline of Satella that's why Satella went back to the past in order to stop the kid Emilia from opening the gate. Now you might wonder why even after Satella saved Subaru, she still summoned him to her world. I think a reason for this may be showed in the lyrics of the opening in s2 p2 in which the lyrics goes "What if i could right my wrongs and save you from the pain (opening the gate causing subaru death) it's not enough, it's not enough for me to break the rule upon this world (not enough for her) i will never gonna leave you, never wanna lose you, well make it in the end (she still hopes to be together with him maybe through the current Emilia that Subaru likes) I wont trace someone else's live, I know who Iam (She wont trace her past mistakes of opening the gates)

Other part of the song lyrics may have also supported the theory.
Like "Trying hard not to step back where i used to belong (kid emilia) "Looking for an escape from pain" (kid emilia opening the gate to escape pain) Also "Blame me if i messed up anything" (Blame Satella for anything wrong) "Take a risk of everything" (not rlly sure bout this but i may have meant that subaru should just try and try) "Justify this cruel world" (even if he dies multiple times justify it as a worthy trade for love). There are also some lines where it may have mark as Satella the one meaning these lines like " Brace yourself don't forget this is your fate" (in a way we could say that Satella might be the fate sama, the one that caused everything)

If i may also add i think the reason why Satella wants to be killed is because she really want to stop the witch of envy. Also the witch of envy might have created the gospels to maybe try and make her free. Also when the witch of envy was able to come into the world and get subaru, the witch of envy traps him and just spammed i love you. This goes against Satella's wish to be killed meaning they oppose each other. I also think that Echidna is working with Satella because of reasons i wont say.

Now they may be some holes in the theory, one of them is how would emilia be forced by pandora to opened the gate if there is no witch cult however im not sure if pandora's action was part of the witch cultist plans also it's not only pandora that could have caused kid Emilia to open the gate.

Hope you had fun reading.
May 3, 2022 8:44 PM
Dec 2021
Emilia addressed herself as satella when she first met Subaru, so it's quite a prediction that in season 2 whom we saw is her from past or future whatever , that's all i thought and i haven't investigated further, and about your post I'll read it in free time thanks 😅
May 3, 2022 10:51 PM
Jul 2021
O I’ve heard similar theories that Emilia is Satella who went back in time, but this was like the most expansive one I’ve heard about Satella. Ty it was interesting to read
May 4, 2022 1:46 AM
Mar 2022
ayo you actually human or what? I actually really liked this theory!
May 4, 2022 2:40 AM

May 2021
I was thinking of a little different theory. I feel like she is kind of a future self of Emilia who knows everything about Subaru, how much Subaru loves Emilia and how much suffering he is having. And I think thats why she gave Subaru the power of RBD to help him overcome every obstacle he faces moving forward.

Edit: oh wait, you said the same thing lol. My brain was like: He probably mentioned about Satella coming to the future from past, so mine is a little different. But then I read again and realized that its the same haha.

Edit 2: This is probably the best theory I've read. Man you are a genius
TwatinMay 4, 2022 2:49 AM
May 4, 2022 3:12 AM
Dec 2021
DatJat said:
ayo you actually human or what? I actually really liked this theory!

I might be an alien
May 4, 2022 3:13 AM
Dec 2021
Twatin said:
I was thinking of a little different theory. I feel like she is kind of a future self of Emilia who knows everything about Subaru, how much Subaru loves Emilia and how much suffering he is having. And I think thats why she gave Subaru the power of RBD to help him overcome every obstacle he faces moving forward.

Edit: oh wait, you said the same thing lol. My brain was like: He probably mentioned about Satella coming to the future from past, so mine is a little different. But then I read again and realized that its the same haha.

Edit 2: This is probably the best theory I've read. Man you are a genius

Thankyou, thankyou
May 4, 2022 4:16 AM
Jun 2021
Pretty interesting theory you got there and it also fits the stories timeline good
May 4, 2022 7:15 AM
May 2021
1kas1 said:
I just wanna share a theory i came up with. Please do note that i have little to no knowledge of the source material as i have only watched the anime.

There might be spoilers

First of all in the season 2 part 2 in the part when pandora was trying to open the gate Emilia seems to have copied Pandora's power and rewrite what was happening (the power of copying powers seems fitting for a witch of envy). This must be a reason why Satella was able to come into the past for reasons i will discuss later on. Also the witch of envy with the power of copying powers might have copied Echidna and created the gospel that witch cultist use.

I think that the reason why Satella came into the past was to save Subaru. In Satella's original timeline the kid Emilia being tasked with a choice of opening the gate or not decides to open the gates and not deliver her promise with mother Fortuna. The gates opens which i think is a gate towards Subarus world. Sometime later Subaru may have gone into the gate, met Emilia, and you know (love each other?). This could match the reasons why Satella likes Subaru even if our mc have never met her. When Satella also said the reasons why she likes Subaru it is mentioned that Subaru showed her the outside world.

Continuing on, Subaru may have died in the timeline of Satella that's why Satella went back to the past in order to stop the kid Emilia from opening the gate. Now you might wonder why even after Satella saved Subaru, she still summoned him to her world. I think a reason for this may be showed in the lyrics of the opening in s2 p2 in which the lyrics goes "What if i could right my wrongs and save you from the pain (opening the gate causing subaru death) it's not enough, it's not enough for me to break the rule upon this world (not enough for her) i will never gonna leave you, never wanna lose you, well make it in the end (she still hopes to be together with him maybe through the current Emilia that Subaru likes) I wont trace someone else's live, I know who Iam (She wont trace her past mistakes of opening the gates)

Like "Trying hard not to step back where i used to belong (kid emilia) "Looking for an escape from pain" (kid emilia opening the gate to escape pain) Also "Blame me if i messed up anything" (Blame Satella for anything wrong) "Take a risk of everything" (not rlly sure bout this but i may have meant that subaru should just try and try) "Justify this cruel world" (even if he dies multiple times justify it as a worthy trade for love). There are also some lines where it may have mark as Satella the one meaning these lines like " Brace yourself don't forget this is your fate" (in a way we could say that Satella might be the fate sama, the one that caused everything)

If i may also add i think the reason why Satella wants to be killed is because she really want to stop the witch of envy. Also the witch of envy might have created the gospels to maybe try and make her free. Also when the witch of envy was able to come into the world and get subaru, the witch of envy traps him and just spammed i love you. This goes against Satella's wish to be killed meaning they oppose each other. I also think that Echidna is working with Satella because of reasons i wont say.

Now they may be some holes in the theory, one of them is how would emilia be forced by pandora to opened the gate if there is no witch cult however im not sure if pandora's action was part of the witch cultist plans also it's not only pandora that could have caused kid Emilia to open the gate.

Little question. you said Satella wants to kill the witch of envy, but isn't she herself the witch of envy? please clear me on this one.
May 4, 2022 7:15 AM

Jun 2021
when did satella stop emilia in first place. She herself was responsible for not opening the gate that day
You are amazing 『Natsuki Subaru』
May 4, 2022 7:21 AM
Dec 2021
TypicalWeeb047 said:
1kas1 said:

There might be spoilers

Little question. you said Satella wants to kill the witch of envy, but isn't she herself the witch of envy? please clear me on this one.

Yes, I think she wants herself to be dead so that the witch of envy would also die. One reason might be because the witch of envy clearly targets emilia (as seen by the actions of the witch cultist). Another reason might be to compensate for what she has done in the great calamity.
May 4, 2022 7:23 AM
Dec 2021
Flugel_047 said:
when did satella stop emilia in first place. She herself was responsible for not opening the gate that day

Not really sure but one thing that comes mind is the lesser spirit that guided kid emilia to go out of the room. This causes a series of events in which kid Emilia becomes closer with Betelgeuse. Surely this happening had an effect on her.
May 4, 2022 7:26 AM

Mar 2020
your theory is an interesting one but it doesn't rlly make sense, so you are saying Satella is an alternate universe Emilia from the past or sum shit? thats what I understood lol. Well this could be a nice concept, I especially love the part of how subarus world is beyond the seal. But I think its a little uncertain to put most of your theory from the op of the anime, but who knows, the story is far from finished and at the current pace I belive its impossible for even the original author to foreshadow endgame stuff like these so soon. You ll get your answers in like 2028 lol
May 4, 2022 7:27 AM
May 2021
1kas1 said:
TypicalWeeb047 said:

Yes, I think she wants herself to be dead so that the witch of envy would also die. One reason might be because the witch of envy clearly targets emilia (as seen by the actions of the witch cultist). Another reason might be to compensate for what she has done in the great calamity.

Also, according to you, Emilia gets the envy witch factor as early as her childhood, is that right? Coz you mentioned about she absorbing pandora's power of rewriting and going to fro in time. But also aren't witch factors absolute powers which can't be copied, so how does she copy Echidna's power and make that gospel even if we assume that she gets the envy witch factor? If i remember, you need to kill a witch to get it's witch factor. As Echidna while mentioning about satella says that she killed them all and absorbed their witch factors. Please clear me on thos one too. I too always had this doubts about witches and witch factors as I found them truly interesting.
May 4, 2022 7:32 AM
Dec 2021
TypicalWeeb047 said:
1kas1 said:

Also, according to you, Emilia gets the envy witch factor as early as her childhood, is that right? Coz you mentioned about she absorbing pandora's power of rewriting and going to fro in time. But also aren't witch factors absolute powers which can't be copied, so how does she copy Echidna's power and make that gospel even if we assume that she gets the envy witch factor? If i remember, you need to kill a witch to get it's witch factor. As Echidna while mentioning about satella says that she killed them all and absorbed their witch factors. Please clear me on thos one too. I too always had this doubts about witches and witch factors as I found them truly interesting.

It may be possible since the copied versions are inferior. As implied by Echidna, the ones that she gave to Roswaal and Beatrice are superior to those that witch cultist use.
May 4, 2022 7:37 AM
May 2021
1kas1 said:
TypicalWeeb047 said:

It may be possible since the copied versions are inferior. As implied by Echidna, the ones that she gave to Roswaal and Beatrice are superior to those that witch cultist use.

Hmm, your theory is really a great one, as it might also explains who sends Puck to Emilia while she was in frozen state. It could also explain the conversation we are shown in the beginning of the Frozen Bonds movie Puck has with. It might be Satella who he has that conversation with.
May 4, 2022 7:44 AM
Dec 2021
TypicalWeeb047 said:
1kas1 said:

Hmm, your theory is really a great one, as it might also explains who sends Puck to Emilia while she was in frozen state. It could also explain the conversation we are shown in the beginning of the Frozen Bonds movie Puck has with. It might be Satella who he has that conversation with.

Yeah. Also, in the part in which puck tries to destroy the whole world(?) when emilia dies. I think it's just a way for Subaru to die if Emilia somehow dies. Meaning the one puck had a previous contract might know the return by death power
May 4, 2022 7:49 AM
May 2021
1kas1 said:
TypicalWeeb047 said:

Yeah. Also, in the part in which puck tries to destroy the whole world(?) when emilia dies. I think it's just a way for Subaru to die if Emilia somehow dies. Meaning the one puck had a previous contract might know the return by death power

Yeah, tbh, he used Subaru as a reset button one too many times, and he is the only one to know before hand as Roswal understands himself in S2 as Subaru wasn't shocked at Rem amd Garfiel's death. I hope the author goes with your theory as it fills up many plot holes and gives a better and easy understanding of the whole mess.
May 4, 2022 7:51 AM
Dec 2021
1kas1 said:
TypicalWeeb047 said:

It's quite funny and sad that if this was the true intention of puck destroying the world. If in the loot house part in which subaru learns his power and decides to not help Emilia, He would surely still die but now with an enormous beast He doesnt know a thing about.
May 4, 2022 7:54 AM
Dec 2021
TypicalWeeb047 said:
1kas1 said:

Yeah, tbh, he used Subaru as a reset button one too many times, and he is the only one to know before hand as Roswal understands himself in S2 as Subaru wasn't shocked at Rem amd Garfiel's death. I hope the author goes with your theory as it fills up many plot holes and gives a better and easy understanding of the whole mess.

I wanna agree with you and also not tbh. Cause even if it might be a way to cover everything, I think it would be sad to Subaru. He will know she is another Emilia and then kill her. Sad
May 4, 2022 8:19 AM
May 2021
1kas1 said:
TypicalWeeb047 said:

I wanna agree with you and also not tbh. Cause even if it might be a way to cover everything, I think it would be sad to Subaru. He will know she is another Emilia and then kill her. Sad

Hmm, nah I don't think he will kill her, after knowing she is the same girl he loved but just with different memories. Bruh, he said to Satella that he will save her when they met, even though she was the root of his suffering, and he even forgived Rem for killing him numerous times. He might be greedy, prideful and strong with other sins, but he also is great at forgiving, he might even tried to to cure betelguese if he knew his back story. So, the part of him killing his one number girl won't be happening.
May 4, 2022 8:23 AM
Dec 2021
TypicalWeeb047 said:
1kas1 said:

Hmm, nah I don't think he will kill her, after knowing she is the same girl he loved but just with different memories. Bruh, he said to Satella that he will save her when they met, even though she was the root of his suffering, and he even forgived Rem for killing him numerous times. He might be greedy, prideful and strong with other sins, but he also is great at forgiving, he might even tried to to cure betelguese if he knew his back story. So, the part of him killing his one number girl won't be happening.

Maybe... He also saved Beatrice even if she wanted to die.
May 4, 2022 8:25 AM
May 2021
1kas1 said:
TypicalWeeb047 said:

Maybe... He also saved Beatrice even if she wanted to die.

Yeah, that's what I am saying. He won't kill someone as long as he detests thier very existence, like betelguese. He only wanted to kill him coz he made Rem play twister. Otherwise, he very chill on killing part, even though he has all the reason to go berserk.
May 4, 2022 9:39 AM
Oct 2018
I think this reinvigorated my interest in this show
May 4, 2022 9:52 AM

Apr 2021
My theory is rather simple tbh. Emilia is going to be possessed by Satella, resurrecting the witch of Envy. This is the aim of the Sin Archbishops and what Subaru is supposed to stop/bring about according to the will of a yet unrevealed force.
Your theory might have some flaws to it, especially the part where the lyrics of the opening foreshadow later events, because the series isn't complete yet.
But we'll see in time.
May 4, 2022 2:14 PM

May 2021
Don't see ho Emilia copied Pandora's power. Other than that Emilia's magical affinity is fire while Satella's is yin. They aren't the same.

May 4, 2022 9:39 PM
Dec 2021
The scenes near the end of arc 6 could corroborate this.
May 4, 2022 10:47 PM
Dec 2021
opDYNO said:
Emilia addressed herself as satella when she first met Subaru, so it's quite a prediction that in season 2 whom we saw is her from past or future whatever , that's all i thought and i haven't investigated further, and about your post I'll read it in free time thanks 😅

Emilia did that to make Subaru scared of her and leave her alone.
May 5, 2022 9:09 PM
Feb 2021
honestly I think that the lyrics for all the openings are from satellas pov not anyone else's. you might not get some of it but with what ik (I'm in ark 7) almost every single line makes so much more sense coming from satella.
Jun 30, 2022 4:09 AM

Jul 2021
Satella is mommy. Period.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
34 minutes ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.