Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2010 1:02 PM

Sep 2009
Chapter 1: Location

Crash!

Loud roars of thunder filled the air, while a merciless shower from the sky continued to cover the earth as if attempting to wash away everything that had become impure in this world.

Due to the actively flashing lightning in the sky, combined with the fact that tree gliding is the usual form of transportation for a shinobi, I was currently in a very, very dangerous spot. At any given moment, the cruel weather could decide to aim itself for the tree I would be on and I would fall; heck, it would only take a strike from any tree close by for a domino effect to occur and I would be grounded just as effectively.

After all, no one in this world was either perfect or immortal.

I glided my way through the forest, never spending more than one tenth of a second on any of the branches.

Does this place rain often, I wonder...

...(Earlier)...

Tsunade drummed her fingers on the desk, trying to hide the fact that Danzou's presence in the room was an extreme annoyance, slowly causing her anger to rise. Yamato, the representative for Team 7, watched in amazement, silently wishing he hadn't been there. Danzou had the uncanny ability to make anyone feel uncomfortable with just his presence. And the unsettling silence that followed made it all the more painful.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Tsunade stood up and looked over to the old man.

“May I ask just what exactly you are doing in my office?”

“Pay no attention to me. I am simply observing the efficiency rate of our great villages hokage.”

That tone had pissed her off to the point of visualizing the man's disembowelment. Shizune, who was going to seem like a saint in the next few moments, stepped in.

She ushered Danzou to a chair in the corner, looking back at a violently fuming Tsunade while the geezer's head was turned the other way.

The blonde woman gritted her teeth, mentally saying a prayer of thanks to her assistant. With only one thing to worry about now, she began to sort out the papers, dealing with them each by rank. This was going to be a long day.

“Captain Yamato, take a look at this one. An S rank, yes, though Team Kakashi has done S ranks before and handled them well. ” She handed the document over to him, which he gratefully took. In virtually no time at all, the former ANBU agent had read the document over twice and began discussing with Tsunade how Team 7 did not seem too suitable for carrying it out.

“This sounds a bit more appropriate for Team Kurenai, since it says on here that it will take a minimum of 3 months to complete.

Tsunade stopped to reconsider. “... I see your point. But its a bodyguard mission, which both Team Kakashi and Team Gai seem to specialize in. And the location is in the Demon Country. Both teams have completed missions there, so they would be familiar with the area.”

“It would help in figuring out who to give this mission to if we knew more about who this Maou person is and who all exactly is after him.” Yamato concluded.

All heads turned to the corner where the sound of someone clearing their throat could be heard. Every face paled; it came from the elder.

“Maou... the cynical ruler of the Demonic race called the Mazoku. He is said to have magic beyond imagination. Many people, including half of the Mazoku themselves, fear him. Any one of the countless bounties on his head would make any family obscenely rich for generations.”

It took several minutes for this information to sink in until Yamato spoke up.

“So apparently this Maou has many people after him and close to zero alliances. Which means that there isn't just one or two threats we are dealing with here.”

Tsunade paused, calculating the abilities of everyone from memory and matching them together inside her head. “Lee and Naruto would be good for fighting multiple opponents at once. With both Hyuugas at the sides and Sakura or Shikamaru leading the mission, I believe this could turn out a success.”

“Now that I think about it, aren't Shikamaru, Choji, Kiba, and all of Team Gai away on a joint mission?” Yamato questioned.

“Ah, come to think of it they are. That reminds me, Sakura, Ino and Hinata left yesterday to collect herbs and restock the medicine supply at the infirmary. She should be still working on that right now.”

“Shino and Naruto are at the academy demonstrating important jutsu.”

“Then who does that leave?” Tsunade asked no one in particular, biting her nail in frustration.

Once again the old geezer everybody knew and loathed had decided to interject.

“I do believe that I have someone in Root that would be suited for this mission.”

Leering at Danzou, Tsunade immediately became uneasy about whatever this man was about to say. With good reason, too, because in the next moment his obnoxious poker face changed to a slight look of satisfaction; like a cat that had just swallowed a canary. Or rather; a falcon that was just about to dive down and release its claws.

"'Up is down'? Well thats maddeningly unhelpful."- Captain Jack Sparrow
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Fanfic Information

haninozukahinako - Apr 11, 2010

2 by korison »»
May 30, 2013 7:45 AM

» ~Club Officers and Admins~

yukinothekoneko - Apr 14, 2010

0 by yukinothekoneko »»
Apr 14, 2010 2:52 AM

» Member Cards

yukinothekoneko - Apr 14, 2010

0 by yukinothekoneko »»
Apr 14, 2010 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.