Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 23, 2010 7:12 AM

Apr 2010
This show is funny. Makes it “seem” work is fun.
Nov 13, 2010 5:39 PM

Jan 2010
LOL! Yachiyo wants to kill Otoo-sanXD
Jun 17, 2011 3:14 AM

May 2008
I usually like Slice of Life shows, but this one is kind of "bleh".

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 8, 2011 5:44 PM
Nov 2011
So far I really like this show. It seems like only men in this show are normal.
Mar 7, 2012 1:18 PM

Nov 2010
The background story about the Katana and Parfeit was nice.
Same ol' Wacko stuff xD
Apr 4, 2012 6:42 AM

Jul 2011
What the hell? Why is everyone complaining about the plot? Were you expecting a touching and dramatic story? This show is just your good old slice of life. I don't get where anyone got the impression that it would be much more than that.

Anyway I really am enjoying this series, the cast of characters are fun so far.
May 5, 2012 1:01 PM

Mar 2011
This is rather boring and redundant.
May 31, 2013 10:10 PM
Jan 2013
This show has a lot of potential, but the girls beating the snot out of the guys is already so old. *sigh*
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 11, 2013 9:01 PM

Nov 2012
its so funny when seeing souma get punch by inami :3
btw otoo-san is a funny guy lol XD he's angry but looking no angry lol XD
Oct 30, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2012
Pretty sweet and lovely development, also quite interesting new character that appeared and lol at his wife :p
Jan 9, 2014 2:36 AM

Oct 2013
x3mslayer said:
I like this Satou x Yachiyo :D

same
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 19, 2014 6:52 AM

May 2012
ReaperEXE said:
It airs Saturday (for us) and isn't popular enough to be speedsubbed. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Inami as a character ruins the entire atmosphere of the show for me.

Learning the background between Yachiyo and Kyouko was great, and so were the scenes with Satou but Inami pops up at the end with her irritating self and it felt like someone just went 'Oh man, how do we end this episode. I got it, lets stick that weird chick in with a fear of guys and have her creep out the manager and hit someone'. But at least we didn't have to wait a few eps for her to meet Otoo and have her freak out about him.
May 10, 2014 1:00 AM

Mar 2012
Bheaze said:
x3mslayer said:
I like this Satou x Yachiyo :D

same

Yep.
Jul 17, 2014 4:23 AM

Oct 2013
haha Yachiyo isamusing so she really has a thing for the manager XD
the general manager is weird so he fits perfectly XD
were's the whetstone hahahaha
good ep
[/quote]
Aug 17, 2014 2:23 AM

Sep 2013
The Count of Monte Cristo/Alucard is getting abused by his staff...
this just isn't right
Mar 29, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2014
Yes I got my answer to what about her father. However Inami's case of androphobia just looks so fake to me.

Which is true in Inami's case, but she also resorts to violence to solve her problems. I can't even watch this anime, but I have to. It's going to be such a drag.

Aug 2, 2015 11:50 PM

Jan 2013
I think the violence is a little much to be played off as comedy.
Anyways good episode
Aug 4, 2015 5:46 PM

Oct 2012
Eh, kinda meh episode, some jokes are getting stale quickly... I really hope this become more slice-of-life and less slapstick comedy.

And... is about every character there dangerous somehow?
Aug 19, 2015 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
Nothing amused me this episode, and the previous ones weren't all that great either. I think I'll stop here.
Sep 13, 2015 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
Fun from beginning to end this episode, I was struck in positive regarding the narration, all the steps were well agreed with what they had to show. The characters and the protagonist, is a myth, because of their jokes and the way they do. Drawings and animations good, look good even after many years. ^_^
Nov 4, 2015 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
The manager is so dislikable. Sad to say people like her exist in real life as managers. Of course her level is comical level of lazy, unproductive and arrogant. In real life she'd be fired FAST even if she was hired by a friend or relative.
Jun 12, 2016 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
i like them all so far :)
Aug 31, 2016 1:36 AM

Sep 2013
Better episode than the 2nd one. I'm not totally hooked yet, but the show is enjoyable enough so I'll keep watching.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 9, 2017 1:05 PM

May 2013
Welp. Looks like Inami is subconsciously getting comfortable at least around Takanshi.

It's just an okay anime. I wonder if I would've liked this had I watched it years ago :/

The jokes in it are overused and not even that funny. Inami constantly abusing Takanashi is annoying, the manager is annoying bc I hate lazy fucks, Yachiyo is Kyouko obsessed, and Poplar is too sensitive about her damn height. These characters are so 2D. There's no depth to their personalities.

I think I'll watch one more ep just because I liked the kitchen staff and Sanji-- I mean, Satou :P got a bit of screen time already so I'll take a look at Souma before dropping this.

My brother told me he watched this a long time ago and it was just alright, so I don't think I'll finish this one.
Dec 26, 2017 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
Inami would be a good waitress if she could not beat the shit out of every male. It wouldn't surprise me if she was a lesbian. Takanashi was really kinda messing with her head. "Do you hit little boys? Senior citizens? Gay people? Lesbians?"

Yachiyo is really cute. I'd be more than happy to have her as my waitress, threatening weapon within inches of me or not. There are other things of hers I'd like within inches of me as well.

Sato looks kind of like Sanji from One Piece.

That flashback to when Yachiyo was being bullied...she had the katana with her the whole time! She could've sliced and diced those fuckers. It would have been pretty badass.

"Thank you for taking care of the restaurant all this time." She didn't do shit lol

"Where did she go? She should be somewhere in Japan." Wow, that really narrows it down. The Branch Manager is a genius.

Yachiyo sure got hot and bothered by Kyoko getting close to her face...maybe she's the lesbian.

I don't know how this restaurant stays in business; constantly feeding their free-loading manager, threatening customers, etc. The food must be amazing.

Calling your branch manager "Mr. Air" is something that you wouldn't get away with at any other restaurant.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 28, 2019 9:44 AM
Jan 2017
meh, I didnt really care for this show I'll just drop it here
Dec 15, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2018
not many people ive seen seem to be impressed so far. I think its better than the second episode but it still hasn't picked up yet, I have a feeling this show could be something I really enjoy so I will give it another chance... why not. its not like im bored out of my mind.

its just that the jokes are getting too repetitive and it seems its depending on the same three or four gags. that girl is short, the ginger girl is scared and punches men, the manager doesn't do her job properly and the katana thing. Like these jokes could be made repeatedly throughout the series but when its one after another it gets tiring.

maybe if the characters were developed so that theyre less one dimensional?? like these jokes are the only things I can think of... and its if that's the only thing a character has going for them then they just feel flat.
SeijatachiiiiDec 15, 2019 1:30 PM
Sep 28, 2020 7:50 PM

Jul 2016
Maybe it's just me but I'm starting to notice that the male cast is receiving a rather different "treatment" in comparison to the female one. I mean, something like the girls receiving the main focus for their weird behaviours and the guys just being there only to put up with them. Hope I'm wrong tho, because I would hate this series if this is its way of action.

Overall, not as awful as last episode but still quite bad in terms of enjoyment. Thought I would find Todoroki's infatuation with Kyouko cute but it ended up being quite the opposite. Kyouko being a lazy-ass despite being the person in charge bothers me and seeing Todoroki pestering everyone in order to satisfy her food requests bothers me even more.
Dec 8, 2020 1:48 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, I'm dropping this. There's a few interesting and genuinely amusing comedic moments sprinkled throughout the show, but instead it chooses to focus the vast majority of its screentime on jokes revolving around the female characters abusing the male characters. In particular, the awful character that is Inami is receiving way too much screentime and based on a spoiler I found, that only gets worse going forward.

I was going to try and make it at least through season 1, but fuck that. I'm not here to watch 13 episodes of guys being beaten up cos it's apparently funny. This is the second show I've dropped in a matter of days in large part because of a character whose sole purpose in the show is to beat up the main character (Ben-To being the other thanks to Shiraume).
Aug 2, 2021 11:01 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was prettty good.
Also I’m starting to have some suspicions that satou has a crush Yachiyo O_O I kinda ship them too
Mar 21, 2022 6:22 AM

Jan 2021
HAHA so Satou likes Yachiyo but Yachiyo likes Kyouko?? xD but the way Kyouko and Yachiyo met was really... beyond words... well, love at first sight... I guess (˘ω˘)

Also I laughed lol because let alone us as spectators and people as customers, Ooto-san as the main manager was confused why the employees are all weird hahahah

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Working!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

guyklc - May 2, 2010

114 by chiwila »»
Apr 17, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 11, 2010

173 by MR-Isekai »»
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 27, 2010

267 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 9, 2010

131 by Illyasviel »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nakei - Mar 6, 2010

238 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 12, 2023 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.