Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2010 12:34 PM

Dec 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the girls use their pet-cellphone to create a link to the giant satellite that is floating the earth which then radiates the girls (hence the flashy rainbow color induces "hallucination") that gives them their powers and supplies extra item which can generate the same radiation at smaller amounts to enhance the already radiated girls (hence creating the Extreme Luminario) .

Did I just discovered the source of the Pretty Cure power ?

Sep 22, 2010 2:05 PM
Sep 2009
Mm... I think you're a little off there. Not sure, but it just doesn't 'click' somehow. :P

So even villains enjoy cake, apparently. But of course, they must enjoy it like villains- With lots of backstabbing and treachery. I do so enjoy all the little touches like that. :)
Anyway. Villains eat DELICIOUSCAEK, Akane moves locations, and Nagisa (predictably) fails at decoration and has one of the most amusing daydreams I think I've seen out of her. I don't think it would have been nearly as awesome without the springing sound.
Just my two cents.
Mar 14, 2011 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
Ha, I loved the quarrel the antagonists had with the cake.
I kind of wish it carried on a little longer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2014 10:56 AM

Oct 2012
Sweet ep. Going to cake factory (*^o^*) was a good idea
I visited chocolate factory in my school days

Now I need something sweet (_ _)
May 14, 2017 1:57 AM

Nov 2011
Nagisa and Honoka's powers originally came from the Queen of Light herself, which is why the Queen's image is on their transformation cards. A rainbow is just light split into different parts, so the rainbow explosion at the start of their transformation sequence is just the release of the power of light that fuels their transformations. It seems they can control and increase the amount of light power they have independently, though, much like how the Seeds of the Dark King could wield the power of darkness irrespective of the Dark King (and even fight him with it) despite originally gaining their power from him.

That's why Nagisa and Honoka's Marble Screw powered up enough to defeat the Dark King at the midpoint of the first season-- because the Queen of Light was directly funneling even more light power into them. That's also why Mipple, Mepple, and Popo "awakened" in the general area of Hikari's precense-- more light power was available independent of their personal light power.

The satellite floating in the sky seem to merely be how Hikari is getting her weapon, something to funnel her power through. She is her own power source because she is the crystallized essence of light. To erase her would be roughly equivalent to erasing the power of light from the Futari wa universe, similar to how erasing the Dark King is roughly equivalent to erasing the power of darkness. The power still exists, but it is in far more limited quantities, and it's not able to "will" itself in any meaningful way.

That the powers of light and darkness take sentient forms in this universe is kind of interesting in itself, but I digress.

tl;dr: Nagisa and Honoka have their own light power to transform into Cure Black and Cure White/use their standard two attacks, but it was oringally granted them by the Queen of Light/Hikari. Hikari's power comes in extremes quantities from herself because she is the sentient personification of the power of light in this universe.

As for this episode itself, I thought it was the weakest one thus far in the second season. It was okay, but nothing special.
Jun 7, 2017 6:48 AM

Apr 2012
The bad guys fighting over cake was hilarious. Just give her the goddamn strawberry already! :D

ALso the female general saying she'll buy another one makes me think... who's actually buying all the toys for the boy?
Does Valdez go to Toys R us picking out remote control cars and bikes, or does he browse Amazon and gets em shipped to his evil hideout? :D
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 13, 2019 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
K-On is just a Precure rip-off, the fight the villains had over the strawberry were hilarious, it really makes you like the evil side.

Pretty fun episode where the girls went to see how cakes are done, ofc the best part was eating them heh.
Nov 12, 2019 7:28 PM

Jun 2014
The villains fighting over the strawberry was a good laugh indeed.

Nagisa doesn't seem to be able to even decorate a cake properly, lol. At least the cake still tasted good.

I wish we had home economics classes when I was in high school. My mother's generation had it, but it was discontinued by the time I started high school. They made me do woodworking and power mechanics instead. :(

Apr 14, 6:55 PM

Dec 2022
holy crap she squeezed that fork so hard it disintegrated
it's clear Nagisa iced that cake ^_^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 30 Discussion

ScrewBall - Nov 21, 2010

7 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Episode 29 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Jun 16, 2014

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 28 Discussion

ScrewBall - Nov 16, 2010

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 27 Discussion

ScrewBall - Nov 16, 2010

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Episode 26 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Jun 16, 2014

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.